View previous topic :: View next topic  
usa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:15 pm    Post subject:

sonn wrote:
cirehawk wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:
The question is when is this going to stop?

Who here thinks the Lakers are going to beat San Antonio?

Seriously?

I think they will.

Me too but I then again I expect them to beat everyone.

Ofcurse Lakers can beat anyone if they play like it but with the way they have been playing for pretty much the whole seasons, expect the first month. Do you still think they will come out and put forth the effort needed to beat Spurs? (Ask your self if you thought the same vs Heat, Suns, Nuggets, and Celtics)?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:17 pm    Post subject:

ctb619 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ctb619 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Game didn't have to go into overtime. Kobe had Lamar open at the top of the key, he shot while being double teamed. MAYBE LO makes the 10 footer

With 5 sec left LO was open and he shot over a double team. LO shot had been dropping all night. I'm not railing Kobe just making a observation

Kobe had been shooting well too. Personally, I'd much rather see Kobe take that shot than trust Lamar with a jumper in the clutch.

I would too but Lamar was a hot hand tonight, I would have like to see him trust LO. Remember he had to shoot over a dt

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:19 pm    Post subject:

cirehawk wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
cirehawk wrote:
It's interesting how Pau made a couple aggressive cuts to the basket when Kobe was double, and Kobe set him up for layups. Last game? Pau just stood and watched.

Two things...Boston didn't double as much as we did since their starting SG isn't a defensive scrub and the Celtics starting center isn't shorter than Kobe.

That doesn't change my point. If you move, Kobe will get you the ball. If you stand around looking, or are scared to play, Kobe won't get you the ball.

My point was it's a little easier to "move" against us. The Celtics play defense. We don't. That's all....

Still a good game. I'm out.

Last edited by Dreamshake on Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
ctb619
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:19 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ctb619 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ctb619 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Game didn't have to go into overtime. Kobe had Lamar open at the top of the key, he shot while being double teamed. MAYBE LO makes the 10 footer

With 5 sec left LO was open and he shot over a double team. LO shot had been dropping all night. I'm not railing Kobe just making a observation

Kobe had been shooting well too. Personally, I'd much rather see Kobe take that shot than trust Lamar with a jumper in the clutch.

I would too but Lamar was a hot hand tonight, I would have like to see him trust LO.

If you say so. Lamar shot well below his season average tonight.
Rick12322
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:20 pm    Post subject:

thumpinghead wrote:
Kobe is jumping out of the building lately. Fish looks solid. I liked the Fish/Blake backcourt. Lamar and Gasol play so well together, never separate these guys...I really didn't miss Bynum...

I thought we played well, including Ron. Don't understand the Ron hate here on LG.

It's always about matchups with Phil. Houston had a 3 guard lineup, we matched up by going small. Blake vs shorty, Fish vs. Kyle, who has a similar build, he's a powerful guard like Fish, and Kobe vs. Martin, both combo guards.

LO on Scola and our only center, Pau vs. stump.(Hayes)
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:23 pm    Post subject:

ctb619 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ctb619 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ctb619 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I would too but Lamar was a hot hand tonight, I would have like to see him trust LO.

If you say so. Lamar shot well below his season average tonight.

He had a slow first half, came to life in the second, Phil said it on the post game interview and that's the way I saw it. Reason I said what I said is when he went to shoot I screamed Pass the damn ball. He had a good game but that one instance I thought he should have passed.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ctb619
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:24 pm    Post subject:

^ I suspect you scream that a lot when watching Kobe play.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:26 pm    Post subject:

ctb619 wrote:
^ I suspect you scream that a lot when watching Kobe play.

Of late yes. He's been the talk of the town today on that subject

SHAQ IS FAT
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:27 pm    Post subject:

k4lakers wrote:
defense wrote:
LA1969 wrote:
OX1947 wrote:
If the Lakers werent playing like dick heads the last 2 months, I would have enjoyed this game.

+1

+2

+3

+4
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:39 pm    Post subject:

ctb619 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ctb619 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I'd rather see him pass out of a double that forced him into a very tough jumper and feed wide open LO instead.

LO could have:

hit open jumper or attacked the rim and dunked.

Either would have been a much better choice than Kobe's shot.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:30 am    Post subject:

k4lakers wrote:
LAKERS WIN!!! (phew)

34 - 15

OT - WHEW. Hope it's a 2 game wins streak after SA.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:31 am    Post subject:

SHAQ IS FAT wrote:
k4lakers wrote:
defense wrote:
LA1969 wrote:
OX1947 wrote:
If the Lakers werent playing like dick heads the last 2 months, I would have enjoyed this game.

+1

+2

+3

+4

+5
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:39 am    Post subject:

babyskyhook wrote:
ctb619 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ctb619 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I'd rather see him pass out of a double that forced him into a very tough jumper and feed wide open LO instead.

LO could have:

hit open jumper or attacked the rim and dunked.

Either would have been a much better choice than Kobe's shot.

BUMPING GAME THREAD

Kobe to Lamar
I'll preface this with WE CAN'T WIN WITHOUT KOBE.

I don't get to much into game threads, distracts my watching the game.
Last night I posted because I thought the game didn't have to go into overtime. Kobe had a wide open Odom, waving for the ball and he decided to shoot over a double team.

Quote:
That strategy didn't seem to work and while the Lakers had a shot to win near the end of regulation, Bryant chose to take the shot over a double-team instead of passing to a wide open Lamar Odom (who was desperately waving for the ball).

If we're going to win another championship someone has to pull Kobe's coat. Someone has to have him trust his teammates. Some say they're just standing when he get's the ball so he has no one to pass to. This play gives rise to why they don't cut, they don't think he's going to pass.

Phil has a remedy, don't go to him early in the shot clock.

Quote:
"One of the issues I had is that they went a lot of times early to Kobe in the offense rather than late," said Jackson. "That's one of the keys, I think, to our game is to get everybody involved and use Kobe late in the . . . clock where he has an operating space and everybody is else is focused on how to play their own man. Then it's not all about the central effect of a defense (of a team defense) to play Kobe. So then it becomes an individual matter and he's too good for a single individual to play."

My disenchantment with Kobe is he doesn't give his teammates enough credit. When they miss instead of encouraging them he berates and ignores them.

He's the best player on the team, Derek is the team leader. I place onus on him to curb Kobe. Kobe still has to learn how to get the most from the entire team. If he were to curb his competitiveness and ego, IMO, he'd be a better leader.

I own, we have the talent, we lack leadership. I equate a basketball game to chess, opening, mid game and end. We have a medium opening, strong mid, weak end game. Once all facets are synchronized we can prepare for a parade.

DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:52 am    Post subject:

No sticky = win.

Sticky now.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45
Page 45 of 45
Jump to: