mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:21 pm    Post subject:

Nobody wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
Rsxtreme415 wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
lol at everyone overreacting to the loss. just kinda sad.
Sad at what.. that were playing piss poor right as our schedule picks up?

we were on a 7 game winning streak. that's playing piss poor? LOL. anyone who's paid attention to the clips this season wouldn't be shocked at this win by them. they have a metric ton of talent on that team and play with 100% effort every game. there's a reason why the clips have a very good record against the elite teams of the league.

Come on, mhan00, 30-12 with one of the easiest schedules in the league, including blowing almost every single "marquee" matchup so far (Denver, Chicago Miami, San Antonio), surely isn't cause for so much optimism. What do you know that we don't?

we're back to back champs and have been to the finals three straight years. we're a proven quantity who have played a TON of basketball the last three years, and who have played multiple games with everything on the line in do or die situations and prevailed. after three years of that, i can see how it would start to get difficult for the lakers to get up up up for every game like the clippers do.

we're saving our stuff to make another run during the playoffs, not to win every meaningless game there is during the regular season. does it suck that we've dropped a few games that we shouldn't have? yes it does. but we make another finals run this year and none of this will even be a blip on the radar.
RVCdesigns
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:22 pm    Post subject:

fail
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakerboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:23 pm    Post subject:

epic fail
FBP Si 2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:24 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Nobody wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
Rsxtreme415 wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

we were on a 7 game winning streak. that's playing piss poor? LOL. anyone who's paid attention to the clips this season wouldn't be shocked at this win by them. they have a metric ton of talent on that team and play with 100% effort every game. there's a reason why the clips have a very good record against the elite teams of the league.

Come on, mhan00, 30-12 with one of the easiest schedules in the league, including blowing almost every single "marquee" matchup so far (Denver, Chicago Miami, San Antonio), surely isn't cause for so much optimism. What do you know that we don't?

we're back to back champs and have been to the finals three straight years. we're a proven quantity who have played a TON of basketball the last three years, and who have played multiple games with everything on the line in do or die situations and prevailed. after three years of that, i can see how it would start to get difficult for the lakers to get up up up for every game like the clippers do.

we're saving our stuff to make another run during the playoffs, not to win every meaningless game there is during the regular season. does it suck that we've dropped a few games that we shouldn't have? yes it does. but we make another finals run this year and none of this will even be a blip on the radar.

Didn't you get the memo? There's no reasoning on LG.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

NBA standings
HCA is still up for grabs. Boston, Miami and Lakers are very close. It may come down to who wins the regular season series.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
kingbeezi
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

mhan00 wrote:
Rsxtreme415 wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
Rsxtreme415 wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

Other than the Cavs game our defense sucks donkey (bleep).. yes all 6 games

held our opponents to under 100 points in 6 out of our 7 wins.

detroit 44 percent shooting, 23 percent from 3, 83 points

phoenix 48 percent shooting, 45 percent from 3, 95 points

hornets 43 percent shooting, 42 percent from 3, 97 points

knicks (highest scoring team) 36 percent shooting, 32 from 3, 87 points

nets 42 percent shooting, 26 from 3, 88 points

cavs, nothing needs to be said

golden state, 50 percent shooting, 43 from 3, 110 points.

hmmmm, yeah, you don't know (bleep). defense was what won most of those games for us.
way to upstage me. i wrote that too...just witthout the percentages.. and the coherent manner in which you presented it
wickedblue
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:25 pm    Post subject:

pkflyers wrote:
Nobody wrote:
I seriously can't believe the Clippers have that many fans. What is this, the Twilight Zone?

those arent clipper fans, just laker haters..there are no real clipper fans in LA

QFT

This kind of projection was never around during the Showtime era. When the Clips were playing well during the Doc Rivers/Charles smith days, there was never this time of disdain towards the Lakers.

Since Kobe became a force with the Lakers, the haters came in droves. Probably because they see Kobe as the only one to ever challenge MJ for best player ever.

Sad, really.
Vercetti
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:27 pm    Post subject:

Losses to garbage teams like Indiana, Milwaukee, Memphis, Houston, and now the frickin' Clippers. And now the hard part of the schedule begins. This should be really fun.
lakerboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:28 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
NBA standings
HCA is still up for grabs. Boston, Miami and Lakers are very close. It may come down to who win regular season series.

we should be thankfull that dallas has some serious injury problems right now, otherwise we wouldn't be in the 2nd seed right now.

otoh seeing how we are playing, we won't be there for long time
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:31 pm    Post subject:

Vercetti wrote:
Losses to garbage teams like Indiana, Milwaukee, Memphis, Houston, and now the frickin' Clippers. And now the hard part of the schedule begins. This should be really fun.

clippers aren't a garbage team. their record doesn't reflect it, but they're actually a tough team for just about anyone. their record against the top teams of the league is actually really good, and they compete very well even in their losses to the elite. they have a ton of talent and athleticism, and they play hard on top of it. anyone who has watched the clippers at all during the season (and i have, since they are a very fun basketball team) isn't shocked at the loss today.
Bynum4MVP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:31 pm    Post subject:

LAkers 4 Life wrote:
Blake owned Lamar

Nah,very subpar game for Griffin.
Griffin actually played poor against Lamar. I think he made like 3 shots all game against Lamar. Griffin only shot 35% for the game...almost 20% below his average.
Lakers were killed by Gordon, not Griffin. Griffin only made 7 shots total in the game and missed 13.
lakerboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:35 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
their record against the top teams of the league is actually really good

it's actually better then ours
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:36 pm    Post subject:

Bynum4MVP wrote:
LAkers 4 Life wrote:
Blake owned Lamar

Griffin actually played poor against Lamar. I think he made like 3 shots all game against Lamar. Griffin only shot 35% for the game. Lakers were killed by Gordon, not Griffin. Griffin only made 7 shots total in the game and missed 13.

lamar, pau, and 'drew all did a great job on griffin in the first half. third quarter lamar gave up a couple of good looks to griffin, and the fourth both lamar and pau just gave up position too easily to him. pau had a terrible flop too where if he held his ground and got his hands up he might have gotten a block.

but yea, gordon killed us with some help from foye down the stretch. add to that the fact that our perimeter players couldn't hit an outside shot, and it isn't shocking that we lost.
Rsxtreme415
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:42 pm    Post subject:

kingbeezi wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
Rsxtreme415 wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
Rsxtreme415 wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

hmmmm, yeah, you don't know (bleep). defense was what won most of those games for us.
way to upstage me. i wrote that too...just witthout the percentages.. and the coherent manner in which you presented it

Did you even watch the games or just look at Stats.. Each and every game we gave up a lead or trailed from behind.. Guess what happens when our lead gets clipped or were trailing.. Our piss poor donkey poo defense yeah... tell me that isnt true
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:53 pm    Post subject:

Bynum4MVP wrote:
LAkers 4 Life wrote:
Blake owned Lamar

Griffin actually played poor against Lamar. I think he made like 3 shots all game against Lamar. Griffin only shot 35% for the game...almost 20% below his average.
Lakers were killed by Gordon, not Griffin. Griffin only made 7 shots total in the game and missed 13.

I said only in the fourth. Blake really turned it on when the Clippers were down about 5-6. Lamar misses a 3, Blake scored easily on the other end. Blake backs down Gasol time and again and scored pretty easily when Gasol played weak defense. Gasol compounded the problem when he allowed an offensive rebound by Ike. Down the stretch Gordon was hot from long range and Blake was a monster in the low post. It would have been nice to see the Lakers try to match or better them, but they just were outplayed down the stretch.
Rsxtreme415
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:40 pm    Post subject:

http://i56.tinypic.com/10qayh2.png
no fat chicks!
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:16 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
NBA standings
HCA is still up for grabs. Boston, Miami and Lakers are very close. It may come down to who wins the regular season series.

The difference is that the Lakers have been a fairly healthy team and should have been able to play well from the start. Miami hadnt played together before and everyone knew that it would take a little while for them to learn how to play together. After a weak start they are playing awesome, even though Mike Miller and Udonis Haslem have barely played. The Celtics have been playing better then the Lakers even though they have had a ton of injuries. Kendrick Perkins and Delonte West have missed almost the entire season. Garnett, Shaq, Jermaine and Rondo have all missed a ton of time too. I would be shocked if the Lakers finished with a better record then either of them
Bynum4MVP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:28 am    Post subject:

LAkers 4 Life wrote:
Bynum4MVP wrote:
LAkers 4 Life wrote:
Blake owned Lamar

I said only in the fourth. Blake really turned it on when the Clippers were down about 5-6. Lamar misses a 3, Blake scored easily on the other end. Blake backs down Gasol time and again and scored pretty easily when Gasol played weak defense. Gasol compounded the problem when he allowed an offensive rebound by Ike. Down the stretch Gordon was hot from long range and Blake was a monster in the low post. It would have been nice to see the Lakers try to match or better them, but they just were outplayed down the stretch.

In the 4th quarter, before Phil took out LO for Bynum, Griffin was on his way to another horrid 4th quarter.

Griffin was 2 of 5 (40%) in the 4th quarter before Lamar was subbed out by Phil. 40% is pretty bad for a big.

You can't really fault Lamar for giving up two shots to Griffin in an entire 4th quarter

I think Lamar's biggest fault in the 4th quarter was shooting that 3. Other than that, I think him giving up those two shots to Blake was acceptable.

Lamar's a great defender but he isn't going to hold a talented player like Griffin scoreless in the 4th.

I think the Laker Bigs did very well this game with a caveat to Pau's subpar offense but this didn't lose the game. They did their job making Blake a low-percentage shooter (35%).

I think 4 makes on 18 shots (22%) from Fish, Blake, Brown and poor defense on Gordon is what did the Lakers in.
kingbeezi
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:02 am    Post subject:

Rsxtreme415 wrote:
kingbeezi wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
Rsxtreme415 wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
Rsxtreme415 wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

Did you even watch the games or just look at Stats.. Each and every game we gave up a lead or trailed from behind.. Guess what happens when our lead gets clipped or were trailing.. Our piss poor donkey poo defense yeah... tell me that isnt true
every team in the nba goes throught the motions on defense. its a 48 min game. your defense will fail you at some point. the lakers were playing good during that streak. this is basic LG overreaction statement. i remember a game in which we came back and won in OT against the bucks. we hactually had a Quotes from THIS side thread of all the chicken little statements in our own game thread.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33
Page 33 of 33
Jump to: