mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:00 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
tw-lakbfan wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
duncan's been using that elbow to hook gasol all day long.

Gasol could play better preventive D and not let Duncan get within 3 feet of the hoop every time before he uses the hook. Not saying that's the reason we lost, but Gasol's Defense has been abysmal on Duncan. Duncan's work in the second half is a huge reason we haven't been able to go on runs.

TD using his elbow was allowed, while Pau's posting up was a moving pick?

We are the leasted respected team by refs in the league.

Way to point out one play to show how Pau was robbed. First off, it was clearly a moving screen. You can't block off Bonner's movement like that and keep shifting your feet on a fast break to block him off so your guy can get a lay up. That isn't posting up. Ref's aren't dumb. Who the heck posts up on a fast break with your teammate pushing the ball up the court attacking rim?

And yes, he can use his elbows. He didn't use them to clear space (i.e. throw them into Gasol), he used them to seal and get by his defender. Shaq did it every damn time he played here, doubt you complained them. Kobe does it in the post all the time. Gasol does it too.

dude, he wasn't screening bonner, he was SEALING him, as in posting him up. kobe passes the ball to him and he gets a dunk. that's a non-call 99 percent of the time for any competent referee, but for incompetent bennet (i'm gonna call a double t for no reason and then t up kobe for no reason and then call a foul on artest for doing . . . err, something to ginobili in the backcourt) salvatore, well . . .
Sabas
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:02 pm    Post subject:

whatever to everything, all i know is the lakers better show up in the playoffs, i am so ready for it. i wish it starter next week. its just agonizing watching these last few games. AWWWWWW.
Arizona
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:03 pm    Post subject:

tw-lakbfan wrote:
Odom back to mr. invisible again.
At least he shot a good percentage, too bad he never got the ball. At least we aren't paying him 30 million a year. Oh, well, at least we have our 'savior' Kobe, the 30 million dollar man. Great game today, Kobe! you're worth every penny.

“You’ve got to play with pride and guts.” -LO
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:03 pm    Post subject:

Taxidriver wrote:
ViolaMB wrote:
i'm pissed!

we just suck on ofense, no clue whatsoever, Kobe shooting wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much, we dont even have a gameplan or anything on ofense, WE CANT SHOOT 3's! Miss everything, open shoot on now. They only good thing i can [DELETED] up at this moment is that this loss help's us not playing Spurs 1st round! BRING ME PORTLAND ANY DAY OF THE WEEK, THEY HAVE NO CHANCE!

Kobe isn't really shooting all that much...he just needs to make them more lol. And the bench...just pathetic.

The bench was absolutely disgusting.
thurloly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:04 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
thurloly wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
Taxidriver wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

Gasol could play better preventive D and not let Duncan get within 3 feet of the hoop every time before he uses the hook. Not saying that's the reason we lost, but Gasol's Defense has been abysmal on Duncan. Duncan's work in the second half is a huge reason we haven't been able to go on runs.

It really hasn't been abysmal. Alot of that was duncan playing well and getting away with a few things and it isn't like Gasol was the only guy duncan scored on. All in all Gasol was clearly the best all around player today. Can't really even point out anyone else playing better D.

It's been horrific. He's 34 and he drove by Gasol easily a couple times. Not to mention he straight up abused Gasol in the post. He backed him down up until he was practically two feet from the basket before he got the ball and just went up for easy lay ups. I don't care if he was been the best all around player; he cannot be that weak in the post. we could have had a lot easier time trying to comeback in the 3rd and 4th if Duncan didn't get basket after basket when they were trying to hold us off.

Let get this straight since you don't know what is going on:

1) Duncan only made 3 shots in the fourth quarter. So saying Duncan's work is the reason that Lakers can't get close IS BS. It is MANU that killing the Lakers.
2) Duncan got away with foul (he used elbow, push off, and even getting away with offensive 3 second violation), that is why he can be able to score and stand 3 feet away from the basket.
3) All the Spurs players make 50% of their shot.
4) Gasol has to cover Manu penetration, that is why Duncan got more room.

So you blame Gasol's defense? And thinking Duncan is good?

Stop with the passive insults. Talk like a human being.

1: only 3 shots? Those are huge when you have a lead and the other team is trying to come back. Not to mention his damage in the third.
2: already discussed it in another post. Every post player does it. Shaq did it to lead us to 3 rings.
3: So?
4: really now? Duncan got room in the post because of Ginobli's penetration. So, you are telling me Duncan was able to back down Gasol, get the ball, make his move one on one and score on Gasol because he was worried about Ginobli penetrating without the ball? Right, how did I miss that?

1) 3 shots in the fourth quarter doesn't mean it is in clutch minute, so they are not huge. He only scored 1 shot while the lead already been 10 points (and that by using an elbow).
2) WHile bringing Shaq into the discussion? Don't bring the 80s rules into this era. We talk about RULE here. RULE IS STILL THE RULE.
3) You are such a child with a "So?" It means our other players SUCKS at DEFENSE AND OFFENSE, that is why the Spurs get back. Not because of Gasol. Gasol can't defense 5 players at the same time.
Sabas
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:04 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
Taxidriver wrote:
ViolaMB wrote:
i'm pissed!

we just suck on ofense, no clue whatsoever, Kobe shooting wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much, we dont even have a gameplan or anything on ofense, WE CANT SHOOT 3's! Miss everything, open shoot on now. They only good thing i can [DELETED] up at this moment is that this loss help's us not playing Spurs 1st round! BRING ME PORTLAND ANY DAY OF THE WEEK, THEY HAVE NO CHANCE!

Kobe isn't really shooting all that much...he just needs to make them more lol. And the bench...just pathetic.

The bench was absolutely disgusting.

They had 0 points at the half,
Nobody
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:08 pm    Post subject:

Arizona wrote:
tw-lakbfan wrote:
Odom back to mr. invisible again.
At least he shot a good percentage, too bad he never got the ball. At least we aren't paying him 30 million a year. Oh, well, at least we have our 'savior' Kobe, the 30 million dollar man. Great game today, Kobe! you're worth every penny.

Right on cue.

The rest of the armada enters in three, two, one...

(the game was absolutely horrible, can't believe I threw away three hours I could've spent on much more enjoyable things - such as sleeping, staring at a blank wall, etc.)

p.s.: Gasol was great (in O), at least something positive in this game.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:10 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
tw-lakbfan wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

Way to point out one play to show how Pau was robbed. First off, it was clearly a moving screen. You can't block off Bonner's movement like that and keep shifting your feet on a fast break to block him off so your guy can get a lay up. That isn't posting up. Ref's aren't dumb. Who the heck posts up on a fast break with your teammate pushing the ball up the court attacking rim?

And yes, he can use his elbows. He didn't use them to clear space (i.e. throw them into Gasol), he used them to seal and get by his defender. Shaq did it every damn time he played here, doubt you complained them. Kobe does it in the post all the time. Gasol does it too.

dude, he wasn't screening bonner, he was SEALING him, as in posting him up. kobe passes the ball to him and he gets a dunk. that's a non-call 99 percent of the time for any competent referee, but for incompetent bennet (i'm gonna call a double t for no reason and then t up kobe for no reason and then call a foul on artest for doing . . . err, something to ginobili in the backcourt) salvatore, well . . .

Please. watch the play. Gasol isn't even looking for the ball or to set up to post him up. He is looking to impede his movement ( a screen) while moving his feet so Kobe can get to the rim. That is the definition of a moving screen. Popovich was up in arms over that play too, and for good reason. It was a bad move by a supposedly heady player in Gasol
thurloly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:14 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
tw-lakbfan wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

Please. watch the play. Gasol isn't even looking for the ball or to set up to post him up. He is looking to impede his movement ( a screen) while moving his feet so Kobe can get to the rim. That is the definition of a moving screen. Popovich was up in arms over that play too, and for good reason. It was a bad move by a supposedly heady player in Gasol

How old are you? Why you argue for the sake of you being not wrong? Argue for the sake of being right.

Watch the game, try to listen. It is not that hard for a human being to do.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:20 pm    Post subject:

thurloly wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
thurloly wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
Taxidriver wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

It really hasn't been abysmal. Alot of that was duncan playing well and getting away with a few things and it isn't like Gasol was the only guy duncan scored on. All in all Gasol was clearly the best all around player today. Can't really even point out anyone else playing better D.

It's been horrific. He's 34 and he drove by Gasol easily a couple times. Not to mention he straight up abused Gasol in the post. He backed him down up until he was practically two feet from the basket before he got the ball and just went up for easy lay ups. I don't care if he was been the best all around player; he cannot be that weak in the post. we could have had a lot easier time trying to comeback in the 3rd and 4th if Duncan didn't get basket after basket when they were trying to hold us off.

Let get this straight since you don't know what is going on:

1) Duncan only made 3 shots in the fourth quarter. So saying Duncan's work is the reason that Lakers can't get close IS BS. It is MANU that killing the Lakers.
2) Duncan got away with foul (he used elbow, push off, and even getting away with offensive 3 second violation), that is why he can be able to score and stand 3 feet away from the basket.
3) All the Spurs players make 50% of their shot.
4) Gasol has to cover Manu penetration, that is why Duncan got more room.

So you blame Gasol's defense? And thinking Duncan is good?

Stop with the passive insults. Talk like a human being.

1: only 3 shots? Those are huge when you have a lead and the other team is trying to come back. Not to mention his damage in the third.
2: already discussed it in another post. Every post player does it. Shaq did it to lead us to 3 rings.
3: So?
4: really now? Duncan got room in the post because of Ginobli's penetration. So, you are telling me Duncan was able to back down Gasol, get the ball, make his move one on one and score on Gasol because he was worried about Ginobli penetrating without the ball? Right, how did I miss that?

1) 3 shots in the fourth quarter doesn't mean it is in clutch minute, so they are not huge. He only scored 1 shot while the lead already been 10 points (and that by using an elbow).
2) WHile bringing Shaq into the discussion? Don't bring the 80s rules into this era. We talk about RULE here. RULE IS STILL THE RULE.
3) You are such a child with a "So?" It means our other players SUCKS at DEFENSE AND OFFENSE, that is why the Spurs get back. Not because of Gasol. Gasol can't defense 5 players at the same time.

1: why does it have to be clutch to be huge. If a team is trying to come back, and the other team continues to score to step their momentum, it's still a big shot.
2: Dude, every big does that. Gasol does it all the time, as does Kobe in the post, as does center from team A or team B, etc, etc. Refs aren't going to call it unless it is used to clear space or hook him off. Duncan did neither. Gasol was still their, in position to challenge despite the usage of his off arms.
3: stop with the insults. I haven't insulted you once. I didn't say Gasol was to blame for the loss. I said that he should have played better defense on Duncan. of course he can't cover 5 players at once, I didn't say he had to or was responsible for the others. He is however responsible for his personal match up on both sides of the floor. Despite his great effort on offense, his individual defense (his team D was pretty good, except for occasionally poor spacing on p and r) was poor.

All I am arguing is that Gasol did not play good defense on Duncan. I am not blaming him for the loss nor am I saying he is the reason the rest of the Spurs shot well. I am however saying that his inability to contain Duncan in the second half is a reason we were not able to keep coming back. There are many reasons we lost this game and Gasol should be criticized for his part in some of those reasons. It's a team game. You win as a team and you lose and get criticized as a team. Kobe played like crud too, as did the bench. Odom was invisible. Fisher wasn't that bad actually, he picked his spots well I though. Artest was bad on both ends of the floor (awful P and R D).
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:23 pm    Post subject:

thurloly wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
tw-lakbfan wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

How old are you? Why you argue for the sake of you being not wrong? Argue for the sake of being right.

Watch the game, try to listen. It is not that hard for a human being to do.

Im 17. I'm not arguing for the sake of not being wrong. I'm arguing because I believe I am right.

I did watch the game. I am listening to your arguments. None of that changes the fact that it was a moving screen. Why didn't Kobe or Gasol react after the play? Why did they both just walk up the floor with no arguments when both are more than willing to argue when they think it's a bad call? Maybe because it wasn't a bad call.

Again, stop with the constant insults, dude. I'm trying to be civil. Why can't you?
ClutchShot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:31 pm    Post subject:

The loss doesn't bother me. It's the fact that hand checking and hacking and even fouling jump shooters were allowed by one team.

a game to make spurs fans feel like they have a chance when they face the lakers in the first round. purely a marketing win otherwise spurs fans aren't gonna be interested in watching the playoffs.
Banzai
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:36 pm    Post subject:

Anyone feel the earthquake? Was a 6.9 down in Mexi Cali.
initiald
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:50 pm    Post subject:

This was the only game that I'm kinda happy we lost. Not trying to be an ass or something, but I don't feel well if we face the Spurs in the 1ST ROUND. Today, Spurs record aren't what they are. They should be better than their record indicated. Either way, I think saving the Spurs to face Dallas in 1st round is probably the best case scenario for the Lakers. I rather Lakers play OKC than Spurs/Portland.

The only downside of this losing game is that the Lakers only 1 game up over Orlando in the loss column. It's important to monitor that in case we face them in the final. Other than that, this loss is not frustrating at all. But the last 5 games, I want to see the Lakers make the last push to reach 60 wins and have the momentum going into the playoff.
Trey
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:48 pm    Post subject: Anyone think that dumbass Richard Jefferson falling on Kobe hurt his ankle or more?

If I was Kobe I would have kicked him straight in the face before he got a chance to get up...

(bleep) IDIOT.. WTF... 3:! and your stupid (bleep) ass

first TRIPS KOBE.. then your worthless ass fell on him full force...

He should have gotten punched for that dangerous and meaningless attempt to injure Kobe
lakerfaniniowa
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:47 pm    Post subject:

initiald wrote:
This was the only game that I'm kinda happy we lost. Not trying to be an ass or something, but I don't feel well if we face the Spurs in the 1ST ROUND. Today, Spurs record aren't what they are. They should be better than their record indicated. Either way, I think saving the Spurs to face Dallas in 1st round is probably the best case scenario for the Lakers. I rather Lakers play OKC than Spurs/Portland.

The only downside of this losing game is that the Lakers only 1 game up over Orlando in the loss column. It's important to monitor that in case we face them in the final. Other than that, this loss is not frustrating at all. But the last 5 games, I want to see the Lakers make the last push to reach 60 wins and have the momentum going into the playoff.

This game and the past 2 weeks have proven its going to be a struggle to get to the NBA finals this year. Every series will be tough and test us. We need some luck and hope that Bynum can come back with very strong games.

I want no part of a healthy Spurs team especially a hot healthly Spurs team. Solid D, great Coach and Tim Duncan. The Spurs are a dangerous team and they do not even have Parker back yet. Hopefully, we play Portland in the 1st Round, then hopefully the Suns stay in the 4 spot and beat Utah. I do not think the Suns have the D or front line to beat us. That and Nash won't be burning our PG's and throwing up 30 pts. We match up very well with the Suns.

I am hoping Dallas ends up getting to the Western conf. finals. Denver can beat us in a 7 game series. I think Denver would be a 7 game series. So Portland, Suns, and Dallas. That would be the ideal teams to play to ensure we get the finals. And even that isn't going to be easy.

Hopefully, Orlando can beat Cleveland and we can keep home court in the finals. We then have a decent shot of repeating. If we have to play Cleveland its going to be too much. Cavs and Lebron with home court advantage and getting most of the calls. Lebron going to the FT line 20 times a game, cavs bench hitting open 3's and killing our bench, we don't defend those 3's and Shaq shutting down Gausol or Bynum, MO Williams burning Fisher. We do not match up well with the Cavs.

I see us losing to the Cavs in game 7 on their floor. So hopefully, Orlando can take them out. If they do we should repeat.
kemi4kobes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:16 am    Post subject:

he hasnt looked right since he sprained his ankle in atlanta.

he's also wearing that knee sleeve thingy again
"I wish I could draw a picture of the look on their faces..... For a time, it was like he was on the court by himself. It's like God put Kobe here for us to watch him play basketball." - LO On KB8's Performance Against the Clips 07/01/06
handle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:40 am    Post subject:

I was more worried about Kobe's back. Luke's butt-buddy came down right on top of it!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:48 am    Post subject:

Wouldn't be the first time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEThyAvSi3k#t=2m2s

The Sterns have a rep for that kind of dirty (bleep).
dangle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:50 am    Post subject:

I was sure Kobe was going to get hurt on that play. Really fortunate he wasn't hurt more but it looked like it couldn't have been good for his ankle and back. I would not have blamed Kobe if he did kick him in the face after that, it sure looked like he wanted to.
a2531459
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:56 am    Post subject:

Go look at the 4th quarter 10:00 minute mark....Fisher did some dirty work and I don't have any doubts that he lifted his foot on George Hill to cause an injury.

Fisher is as dirty as they come, Bruce Bowen like only without the reputation.
Perceptor
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:07 am    Post subject:

i really do believe Kobe started to lose his balance b4 he had any contact with Jefferson....
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39
Page 39 of 39
Jump to: