***LAKERS -vs- CELTICS Game Thread 02/18***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 118, 119, 120

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Shannon Brown blames himself for loss

postandpivot wrote:
k4lakers wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
k4lakers wrote:
From his Facebook page:

"We could have won that game last night, i missed free throws and took some unecessary shots. i feel like i lost that one for us .. damn"

While missed FTs and that stupid jumper definitely made a difference, I think there is plenty of blame to go around. When's the last time you heard Fisher or Trasha blaming themselves?
what stupid jumper?

the guy shook his man, and broke him down. he got the space he wanted. and should've hit the darn shot. he missed open shot after open shot after open shot. shame on phil for not coming back with a lineup of

farmar
artest
LO
gasol
Bynum

^^that should've been the closing lineup.

Hmmm....by stupid shot, I am referring to the very same shot Shannon mentioned, hence my original post. The same shot that Phil ripped into Shannon for taking. That one.

perhaps we're talking about the wrong shot.

are we talking about the one where he made a nice dribble move and shook his defender into thinking he was going to drive and he pulled up?

if that was the one. then he just should've made the darn shot. nothing was wrong with the shot. he kept his dribblle, made a clean move. got the space necessary. and went up balanced. it was executed perfectly. minus the made bucket.

now that might not have been the play that was called Lol. but it was a good kobe-esk attempt. just not a kobe-esk finish.

I see what you mean PnP because he was wide open. What I did see was there was no one underneath for the rebound, we had run no time off the clock and he didn't run the offense at all. He did a lot of that the game before and made the shot and Phil played him so it's really on Phil for allowing him to have that shot be an option and not Shannon for taking it.

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/addicusbrown
Ode to Triple Ocho
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:54 pm    Post subject:

So Derek Fisher, a 14 year veteran blunders the execution on the final play costing the Lakers a win and maybe home court.

Will Derek be punished for this mental lapse? Of course not. He will start and continue to play more minutes than Jordan.

We can seriously can't the number of times Jordan has closed a Lakers basketball game on one hand. He has never been given the opportunity to truly prove himself. Farmar would have been a much better option in the game as he can create his own shot and penetrate in that situaiton.
IposterizedMbenga
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:59 pm    Post subject:

I blame Mbenga.
LA_Lakers_3Peat
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:15 pm    Post subject:

I totally agree. The way the game went down, taking into consideration Kobe's injury, etc, I can take that loss for what it was. It would have been nice to get a W, but I loved how the entire team played for the most part.

Celebrating with the LAKERS!!! (6/14/09)
Kobezlegit24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:58 pm    Post subject:

It would've been a Nice W. we would be tied with cleveland even though they have the tiebreaker on us
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 118, 119, 120
Page 120 of 120
Jump to: