HEAT -at- LAKERS - 1/11 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. EiGhTy-OnE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:59 am    Post subject:

FISH MADE A LAYUP!

JM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:47 am    Post subject:

LakerFan1972 wrote:
Nice read.

Hope we get back Lamar back soon. Powell is doing an adequate job at backup PF but the 2nd unit is seriously missing Odom.

.... and our perimeter defense has really suffered without Odom. I can not deal with seeing Vlad in the last minute of the game. Two games in a row he has left his man during that last minute and given up a 3.

Farmar is missed. He has speed,works well with Trevor, lengthens the floor. I know he's the whipping boy of late but I like him out there.
Rick12322
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:41 am    Post subject:

Great recap!

Phil said something in his interview regarding how they decided to go to Bynum to work the mismatch. He also said he felt Drew's offense took away from his activity on the boards. I noticed one sequence where a ball bounced off the rim and went right in front of him, maybe 2-3' out, and he didn't budge. One of the Heat players came rushing from the back court and scooped up the rebound. Okay, that was one example that cost him a rebound. I noticed through out the game how many rebounds were had by Pau when Bynum was out on the high PnR. I'm just wondering how many of those missed rebounds are due to him executing the defensive game plan. i.e., when he's out on the pnr?

I wish I recorded the game so I could go back and look at it, because as it stands now it seems to me his rebounding is down because he's guarding the house so to speak, I think the defensive scheme they're running often takes him out of position.

There's another scenario where he could be more active, but it will likely cost us in transition baskets. He's very reluctant to go for offensive rebounds when he's already out of position, like when he's setting a high pick. And there are times when on the offense he's on the weak side, side of the box, and he will not try to shift/juke/spin around the defender to get better position on the glass, I would like to see extra energy put into that as well. But the reason so many offensive rebounds allude him is because he should be on the strong side, but the team doesn't reverse the ball around to get it to him. He had deep position many times tonight and instead of the team working the ball around to the other side to make the post entry, they opted for low percentage shots, thus leaving him out of position for potential offensive boards.

So, back to the original point and Jackson's statement, it shows me that Drew is often ignored on offense because Phil Jackson instructs the team to ignore him. As was evident in the game tonight, our team(Phil) is willing to pass up 100% field goal opportunities because he doesn't want to make field goals at 100% if they are made by one player named Andrew. I'm talking about those sequences that were driving Stu crazy(me too!), when Bynum was all alone under the hoop being fronted by a midget, Haslem.

Thoughts?
mefor3
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:36 am    Post subject:

that's the second consecutive game when radmanovic messes up on defense and the opponent scores a three to tie the game in the last minute
Beagador
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:13 pm    Post subject:

I was at the game yesterday (flew in from the bay area to see it). Arrived early and was able to see Bynum practice. You could tell he was ready for a huge game. The guy could not miss in practice. He was hitting everything. He looked really good. Shaw played some D on him and Bynum just destroyed Shaw. Even though Shaw is a guard, Shaw plays tough D in the post and does not make it easy on the big guys (Bynum and DJ). Bynum was awesome. DJ struggled against Shaw.

Sun Yue had trouble making shots in practice. He must have missed 10 in a row with no one guarding him at one point. He made a few good shots going up against Shaw.

Sasha looked good with his mid-range shooting in practice and that carried over to the game.

I also was able to meet Stu Lantz. Good game.

Last edited by Beagador on Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mation
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:48 pm    Post subject:

Thank You DB!

We need the bench in the worst way right now. Hopefully we can have some consistency there, especially with the type of opponents coming up.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: