LAKERS -vs- WARRIORS - 10/7 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:15 am    Post subject:

Thanks DB!!! Great to see these recaps again.

and Gelabale... I see a distinct similarity as you pointed out; are they related?

Ron Artest played awesome!!! Here's hoping he keeps moving the ball, feeding the post and learning the Tri all season. If he only averages 12 points a game, but adds in 9 rebounds, 7 assists per game, there's going to be a LOT of chapters to write for this new saga.

Drew's mobility was evident, but he seemed to have a lot more stamina as compared to this stage last year. Very encouraging.

Shannon Brown -- I'm still shaking my head
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:18 am    Post subject:

The game was just a joy to watch. It seemed as though the Lakers had 3-4 go-to matchup advantages at all times that they could exploit the defense. Kobe against 2s is just not fair, Ron played perfectly within the system, went to the right spots and moved the ball well, Pau had some easy looks against single coverage and Drew looked borderline beastly. Just 1 game against the tiny Warriors, but the Lakers appeared to be about 40 points better than GS.
Vadorojo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:45 am    Post subject:

So DB, how did you work on your game this summer? Did you go to Emplay to work on your 'post' moves?
Vishnu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:49 am    Post subject:

Thanks DB.
yanyon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:12 am    Post subject:

awesome recap DB.. cant wait for the next recap. Keep up the good work dude.
Laker7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:20 am    Post subject:

DB

Not only are the Lakers in mid season form but so are you. Outstanding T&R as usual.

To paraphrase BSPN, Shannon Brown was re-donk-u-lous. As long as he and Fish stay healthy, I have no concerns about the PG position.

Based on what I saw during this game, I am really excited about what will happen when the first team goes to the bench. Leaving Ron Ron out there with Lamar, Brown / Farmar, Bynum and Sasha / Ammo will cause other teams nightmares. Ron Ron looks very agressive in feeding the post. Having him on the floor with Bynum why Kobe and Pau are resting is a great way to get him more involved in the offense. If the D sags on Lamar or Drew in the post, kick out to Ron, Brown or Sasha for an outside shot. Come out to cover the shooters and it leave more room for Lamar and Drew to operate down low.

Last year Pau was the guy who stayed out with the second team but with all the time he spent playing in Europe last summer, I look for Phil to put him on the bench more so he does not wear down.

If Ron Ron knows that he and is buddy Lamar are going to be leading the second team on the floow, he is more likely to play good soldier with the first team and not try to force things with Kobe on the floor.

I lovin it!
kemi4kobes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:44 am    Post subject:

Ray_Gonzoles wrote:
Thanks DB, you are at midseason form in the first preseason game.

"I wish I could draw a picture of the look on their faces..... For a time, it was like he was on the court by himself. It's like God put Kobe here for us to watch him play basketball." - LO On KB8's Performance Against the Clips 07/01/06
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:56 am    Post subject:

magic_bryant wrote:
The Lakers have an extra ball-handler/perimeter creator. Finally.

And just as I suspected, the floor immediately stretched, opening up a lot of lanes for Kobe, something MJ routinely got to see with the Bulls.

Something so overlooked for so long by legions of MJ fans and Kobe detractors. I hope Ron can hang on to the mindset he showed last night throughout all season and the playoffs.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:07 am    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:
The game was just a joy to watch. It seemed as though the Lakers had 3-4 go-to matchup advantages at all times that they could exploit the defense. Kobe against 2s is just not fair, Ron played perfectly within the system, went to the right spots and moved the ball well, Pau had some easy looks against single coverage and Drew looked borderline beastly. Just 1 game against the tiny Warriors, but the Lakers appeared to be about 40 points better than GS.

It won't always be as effortless as it was against the Warriors, but I just don't see how any team can defend us. There isn't a player on the floor you'd even think of cheating off of.

Really, its all about defense though and having Ron next to Kobe is going to make it so much easier on our Bynum and Gasol.

Also, I love that LO has finally asserted himself as a weakside shot blocker - it was an element to his game he never had before last season and I love that he's looking to protect the rim now. LO really impressed me last night with his speed on both sides of the court... he doesn't look smaller, yet he seems so much quicker. Even just running the floor, he looked faster than normal.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:17 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
Also, I love that LO has finally asserted himself as a weakside shot blocker - it was an element to his game he never had before last season and I love that he's looking to protect the rim now. LO really impressed me last night with his speed on both sides of the court... he doesn't look smaller, yet he seems so much quicker. Even just running the floor, he looked faster than normal.

Do we have Khloe to thank for that?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:33 am    Post subject:

I loved the readiness. These guys are ready. In fact, I think they may need to dial it down a notch or 2. It's a long way to June. Just a few thoughts on guys that impressed me:

Kobe: 14th season and the guy is better than ever. Got a tech, jawed at the refs, he is lathered up and ready to get this repeat.

Pau: Mr. Steady. He just did his business and sat down. The guy is a rock. What a stud.

Drew: He looked good. REAL GOOD. If he is in fact wearing that knee brace for the rest of his career, then slim and cut is the way to go. He moved around like a panther out there instead of a bear.

Ron: We just got a preview last night of the way he opens up the entire offense from his position. You have a SF who can score, pass, rebound AND defend. And he spends all his fouls, a la Rick Fox. Integrating him will be a work in progress, but if last night is ANY indication.....

Trevor Who? By this time next year, TA will be aptly renamed, 'Yeah, that one guy.'

Shannon Brown: Wow. This guy has so much raw game, it's scary.

Jordan: He played well. He's gonna fight for his minutes, no doubt about it. He's not gonna just lay down and let SB take all his shine. The competition will be good for him and good for the Lakers. He was never the same after JCrit was traded. Maybe now he'll return to that form.

And if I may make a quickie comment about GSW:

Step Curry: OMG, no wonder Monta Ellis was hating on him. That kid is a hog and already better than him.
Klone_dd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:05 am    Post subject:

And suddenly all seems right with the world again.

RonRon looked extremely comfortable out there. His playmaking skills surprised me. The baseline lob to Drew and the little shovel pass to LO - I don't think Ariza makes those kind of plays.

Drew played big like he should against a bunch of runts. He did look sluggish to me running up and down the court. However, his explosion to the rim was infinitely better.

ShanWow! Normally, it's hard to get excited during a meaningless pre-season game, but that dunk got me up off the sofa. Reminded me of Kobe's pre-season posterization of Big Ben (I think) many years ago.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:45 am    Post subject:

Vadorojo wrote:
So DB, how did you work on your game this summer? Did you go to Emplay to work on your 'post' moves?

This may be a little embarrassing on a site that is 95% male, but like a baller who works on his off hand, I read every Jane Austen novel. You want to get better, you got to put in the work.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:47 am    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:
The game was just a joy to watch. It seemed as though the Lakers had 3-4 go-to matchup advantages at all times that they could exploit the defense.
I think this is really going to be a key. Even the other top tier teams can't break down an offense as many ways as we can.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:15 am    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
Trevor Who? By this time next year, TA will be aptly renamed, 'Yeah, that one guy.'

Almost the same situation, remember when everyone was so enamored of Laron Profit? He's that other guy now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
_#1_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:39 am    Post subject:

Thanks DB. Excellent start to a long season.

How could any Laker fan not like that effort? Only issues that come up are--

-- Farmar. Still not sure if this kid will cut it. Not sure the tool box is there no matter.

-- Powell. This guy will never amount to much other than a boarder so I sure wish we had a nice old season vet for cheap backing LO than him. Gaff didn't show me anything.

-- Shannon. PG? hmm..... more like a Sasha fix than a Fish n Chippper.
*Purple&Gold*
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:02 pm    Post subject:

I think allot of NBA teams are in BIG trouble!!!! This is one of the most versatile teams Ive ever seen.
DzLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:09 pm    Post subject:

Flo'z wrote:
DB FTW!!! I see you haven't lost a step....

Yeah, but has he added anything to his game?
StuLantz#1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:37 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Vadorojo wrote:

This may be a little embarrassing on a site that is 95% male, but like a baller who works on his off hand, I read every Jane Austen novel. You want to get better, you got to put in the work.

Are the recaps going to gradually evolve into love stories?

"Bynum scored 8 points in the paint in the 2nd quarter, mostly coming from Artest feeds leading to uncontested dunks. The two seem to be looking for each other on the court and have developed a strong chemistry...a chemistry that appears to be blooming into possibly something more. As the two made eye contact right before an alley-oop, each player's gaze lingered a moment longer than needed as they peered deep into each other's soul."

IPK
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:47 pm    Post subject:

DzLaker wrote:
Flo'z wrote:
DB FTW!!! I see you haven't lost a step....

Yeah, but has he added anything to his game?

I'm sure we'll see DB bust out his JA "Sense and Sensibility" dream shake on us some time during the season.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:57 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Vadorojo wrote:

Just be careful not to get injured. It was a short offseason for you too
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:59 pm    Post subject:

StuLantz#1 wrote:

"Bynum scored 8 points in the paint in the 2nd quarter, mostly coming from Artest feeds leading to uncontested dunks. The two seem to be looking for each other on the court and have developed a strong chemistry...a chemistry that appears to be blooming into possibly something more. As the two made eye contact right before an alley-oop, each player's gaze lingered a moment longer than needed as they peered deep into each other's soul."

That's so wrong. Think of all the drama when Ron looks him off.

No, what I took more from it was how she used her antagonists.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:09 pm    Post subject:

DB - Great to read your breakdowns again!

Can you imagine the Lakers' 2nd team featuring RonRon, LO, Luke, Shannon and Farmar/Sasha - wow!
AJLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:06 pm    Post subject:

My favorite part of LakersGround in full effect!! Good write up as usual.
MIMLaker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:14 pm    Post subject:

Ah, that time of year already?

DB -- You spoil the bleep out of us with the recaps, dude.

We may not have Chick anymore, but if we miss the game, we're still dang lucky we got the emoticon/banana reports.

MIM
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: