TACH wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
TACH wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
TACH wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
TACH wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
Otto Graham? Baugh? Obviously he's not taking eras into consideration, which is ridiculous.

My top 5:

1 - Elway
2 - Marino
3 - Favre
4 - Manning
5 - Montana

Favre ahead of Montana? Really???? Not to mention Manning???

I go with who's done more with less. Favre had Sterling for a short time, and he's never really had any great receivers. Manning's had Marv and now Reg, and Montana had the GOATWR.
YEa, he's thrown MORE inception then anybody that has played the game

Dude's a gunslinger...but that's also because he's played the most.
Same can be said about the number of TDs he's toss... he has the record simply because he played the longest....

And that - longevity - in itself is a feat, ESPECIALLY at such a violent sport and ESPECIALLY at being a sitting duck due to the position he plays.
All QB's are sitting ducks... he gets no points for that... but you can deduct points for abusing pain killers for two season (his own admission), which allowed him to make all his starts.

As for his receivers, Sterling Sharpe, Antonio Freeman, Donald Driver, and Robert Brooks were All Pro/ProBowl WRs when they played with Favre, so the WRs argue doesn't hold....

No, you missed my point...I'm not giving him points for being a sitting duck...I'm giving him points for HOLDING UP this long WHILE being a sitting duck. And dude, what does his offseason troubles have to do with ranking him as a QB ?

Freeman ain't makin' the Hall. Driver PROBABLY won't. Brooks won't. Montana had Rice = HOF. Manning had Marv = HOF. Elway had Shannon = HOF. Marino had the Mark Brothers but none of those cats will sniff the Hall either. So my argument holds up that he didn't have a HOF WR to throw to.

Wait...before I go on...Is it that you just don't like Favre for whatever reason(s)? I asked that because you mentioned the pain killers, and I can't see how that holds any bearing on the dude as a QB.

Did you forget that Sterling Sharpe guy Lux?

Naw, I named him when I first responded to Tach.

But you forget him when discussing HOF caliber WR's that a QB had? He was pretty dang good.

Actually LB changed it up a little bit...

it went from great receiver to HOF WR:

Quote:
he's never really had any great receivers.

Although they are not 'great' WRs, Sterling Sharpe, Antonio Freeman, Donald Driver, and Robert Brooks were All Pro/ProBowl WRs.., they were definitely better than average. He also had a nice running game in Levens, Bennett and Green.

Nope. I didn't change a damn thing. YOU made that up. I call a great WR a HALL OF FAME WR. You came to that conclusion on your own...not my fault.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:31 pm    Post subject:

^^ as soon as I listed a bunch of All Pro/Pro Bowl Receivers, you switch to HOFer....

Also, nobody is getting heated, its just a message board discussion.

Either way, Favre is overrated... he doesn't belong in the Top 5 Qs All Time... and to have him above Elway (who I hate with a passion, way more than Favre), Montana, and Manning is ludicrous... (I can't speak for the QBs I didn't see play like Unitas, Baugh, Graham, or Blanda)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:37 pm    Post subject:

TACH wrote:
^^ as soon as I listed a bunch of All Pro/Pro Bowl Receivers, you switch to HOFer....

Also, nobody is getting heated, its just a message board discussion.

Either way, Favre is overrated... he doesn't belong in the Top 5 Qs All Time... and to have him above Elway (who I hate with a passion, way more than Favre), Montana, and Manning is ludicrous... (I can't speak for the QBs I didn't see play like Unitas, Baugh, Graham, or Blanda)

Dude, YOU switched it. NOT me. YOU made it out to how YOU wanted to make "Great" to mean. NOT ME. I never said great meant "Pro Bowl"...YOU came up with that assessment. Again, THAT'S on YOU.

To ME, "Great" can ONLY be "HOF". And fine...Favre is overrated. (Good lawd! Did Favre diss you on an autograph request, bruh? )
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:45 pm    Post subject:

I think Sharpe was a great receiver. Led the league in catches and TD's multiple years, perennial pro-bowler.
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:48 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
I think Sharpe was a great receiver. Led the league in catches and TD's multiple years, perennial pro-bowler.

He was well on his way to the Hall.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:52 pm    Post subject:

LuxuryBrown wrote:
24 wrote:

So he was pretty, well, great then, wasn't he? Come on Lux, you can admit it! I know we've already been agreeable once, but one more won't kill you
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:55 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
24 wrote:

So he was pretty, well, great then, wasn't he? Come on Lux, you can admit it! I know we've already been agreeable once, but one more won't kill you

Dude, I've ALREADY covered the issue with Sterling...read back!
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:58 pm    Post subject:

LuxuryBrown wrote:
24 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
24 wrote:

I'm too lazy today, just tell me if you think he was great or not...
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:59 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
24 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
24 wrote:

2 pages!?!?!!?!
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:02 pm    Post subject:

LuxuryBrown wrote:
24 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
24 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
24 wrote:

2 pages!?!?!!?!

It's really going to look silly if I argue with you for 2 pages about not wanting to look back two pages, so help a brotha out...
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:07 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
24 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
24 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
24 wrote:

2 pages!?!?!!?!

It's really going to look silly if I argue with you for 2 pages about not wanting to look back two pages, so help a brotha out...

Like "looking silly" ever stopped an LG thread
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:11 pm    Post subject:

LuxuryBrown wrote:
24 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
24 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
24 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
24 wrote:

2 pages!?!?!!?!

Stop making me agree with you!
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:15 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
24 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
24 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
24 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
24 wrote:

2 pages!?!?!!?!

Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:16 pm    Post subject:

LuxuryBrown wrote:
24 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
24 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
24 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
24 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
24 wrote:

2 pages!?!?!!?!

Well, at least we disagree about what a flying pig looks like...
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:25 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
24 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
24 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
24 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
24 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
24 wrote:

2 pages!?!?!!?!

Well, at least we disagree about what a flying pig looks like...

Hey! I tried!
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:28 am    Post subject:

Peyton wins his 4th...solidifying a top 5 all time qb.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:30 pm    Post subject:

I don't know if there's any way to get a top 5 list that everyone agrees with, but it should be hard to find anyone rational that doesn't think Manning is firmly in the conversation
Conker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:18 pm    Post subject:

Two words: Dan Marino
Conker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:53 pm    Post subject:

Ken "The Snake" Stabler. Like his Alabama Red Tide teammate, Namath, he knows how to score on the field and off the field.
pillboxer
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:41 pm    Post subject:

1. Montana
2. Elway
3. Unitas
4. Manning
5. Marino
madsen35
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject:

I gotta give my boy Steve Young a plug here. His QB rating is off the charts. He could run and pass. His teams were always good, even in his late age. In fact, some of his best seasons were towards the end of his career. He won a super bowl and was dominant in it.
KB24DB
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject:

After this season Peyton has to be in the GOAT conversation, at the very least top 5.

There's so many guys that you could argue being in the top 5 though, definitely tough to make a top 5.
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:01 pm    Post subject:

Tom Brady should be top 3. Especially ahead of Manning who chokes too much although Brady has been choking the last few seasons.
lemondrop
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:19 pm    Post subject:

1. Joe Montana
2. Ken Stabler
3. Roger Staubach
4. Peyton Manning
5. Steve Young
6. Tom Brady

No matter what, Joe Montana will always be #1 in my heart!

I know you said Top 5 but I have to put Brady down
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:18 am    Post subject:

AllorNothing wrote:
Tom Brady should be top 3. Especially ahead of Manning who chokes too much although Brady has been choking the last few seasons.
ugh no.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> The Best Of... All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: