Should Luxury Brown be the Official LakersGround Food Critic?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should Luxury Brown be the LakersGround Official Food Critic?
Yes, it sounds like he has a lot of experience in this area!
38%
 38%  [ 5 ]
No, I trust Elmer Dills.
61%
 61%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 13

F.N.G.
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:31 am    Post subject: Should Luxury Brown be the Official LakersGround Food Critic?

I think so!

LB, you should write a weekly review of all of your past week's experiences.

LG'ers can make suggestions for places to try out.

The only problem for LB, the pay is not very good!

What does everyone think???

LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:38 am    Post subject:

LMAO! My girl was saying something similiar - She likes sit-down spots and I like the "Mom & Pop" spots, then pops likes to drag me to all his spots whenever I'm kicking it with him...Hmm?...This may work out?
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:44 am    Post subject:

To be fair, LB: you DID list Wendy's as an example of a great hamburger and also listed your affinity for Pink's hot dogs. This almost certainly disqualifies you to review food
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:53 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
To be fair, LB: you DID list Wendy's as an example of a great hamburger and also listed your affinity for Pink's hot dogs. This almost certainly disqualifies you to review food

Hey! Wendy's on Vermont and Fountain is off the hook! And Pink's is always a solid choice!
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:19 am    Post subject:

Is he gonna turn into an arrogant a-hole who always wants to eat chicken skin like that judge that's always on Iron Chef America?
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:24 am    Post subject:

Exick wrote:
Is he gonna turn into an arrogant a-hole who always wants to eat chicken skin like that judge that's always on Iron Chef America?

F.N.G.
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:26 am    Post subject:

^ Exick, because of your unique skills in this area, you were my next choice to recommend as LG Food Critic, but LB likes to talk about food. Plus he's been to a lot places and is eagerly willing to try new ones that are brought up.

Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:12 am    Post subject:

F.N.G. wrote:
^ Exick, because of your unique skills in this area, you were my next choice

hehe, you don't want me as a food critic. Unless you want reviews on macaroni and cheese.

F.N.G. wrote:
LB likes to talk about food. Plus he's been to a lot places and is eagerly willing to try new ones that are brought up.

Because he's fat. Or at least, that's how I imagine him. Like A Pimp Named Slickback only fatter and with a perm with so much sheen, Al Sharpton cries at the sight of it.
phayze one
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:15 am    Post subject:

Exick wrote:

Or that judge that says everything is too oily.
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:43 pm    Post subject:

Exick wrote:
F.N.G. wrote:
^ Exick, because of your unique skills in this area, you were my next choice

hehe, you don't want me as a food critic. Unless you want reviews on macaroni and cheese.

F.N.G. wrote:
LB likes to talk about food. Plus he's been to a lot places and is eagerly willing to try new ones that are brought up.

Because he's fat. Or at least, that's how I imagine him. Like A Pimp Named Slickback only fatter and with a perm with so much sheen, Al Sharpton cries at the sight of it.

LMAO! Or better yeat, as my weightlifting buddies call it - Muscles and Gut!
ayaz3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:47 pm    Post subject:

Sure Why Not.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:40 pm    Post subject:

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
spflakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:13 pm    Post subject:

The only problem is that he'll always give negative reviews to any restaurant that opened before 1980, while saying the older ones can't compete with today's eating venues. The restaurant game has changed, he'll write. He's watched old surveillance tapes with a buddy at the Food Network, tapes from inside those restaurants and you just can't compare them to the hustle and bustle that restaurants have to contend with. Also, today's waiter is much more athletic than his 1976 counterpart, and if you think differently, you're just fooling yourself and should really stop eating out. While people think that chefs from the early 1980s had great fundamentals, none of them could prepare a dish with their left hand like any two-bit cook can today.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:49 pm    Post subject:

spflakers wrote:
The only problem is that he'll always give negative reviews to any restaurant that opened before 1980, while saying the older ones can't compete with today's eating venues. The restaurant game has changed, he'll write. He's watched old surveillance tapes with a buddy at the Food Network, tapes from inside those restaurants and you just can't compare them to the hustle and bustle that restaurants have to contend with. Also, today's waiter is much more athletic than his 1976 counterpart, and if you think differently, you're just fooling yourself and should really stop eating out. While people think that chefs from the early 1980s had great fundamentals, none of them could prepare a dish with their left hand like any two-bit cook can today.

God forbid an employee should cry during the evening rush...
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:19 am    Post subject:

spflakers wrote:

It's true though. Julia Child couldn't carry Bobby Flay's jock strap. Go watch old tape of her and see just how undercooked most of her Beef Wellingtons are compared to how perfectly cooked Bobby's are. I'm tired of people not using logic in comparing cooking eras. Julia Child couldn't make the Food Network in this era. Not even close. The Galloping Gourmet?...THAT'S another story.
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:20 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:
spflakers wrote:

God forbid an employee should cry during the evening rush...

If that employee cries WHILE the rush is still going, then he's a headcase and should never be allowed back into the restaurant game ever again.
spflakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:31 am    Post subject:

LuxuryBrown wrote:
spflakers wrote:

It's true though. Julia Child couldn't carry Bobby Flay's jock strap. Go watch old tape of her and see just how undercooked most of her Beef Wellingtons are compared to how perfectly cooked Bobby's are. I'm tired of people not using logic in comparing cooking eras. Julia Child couldn't make the Food Network in this era. Not even close. The Galloping Gourmet?...THAT'S another story.

LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:53 am    Post subject:

spflakers wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
spflakers wrote:

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> The Best Of... All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: