LAKERS -at- MAGIC - 6/14 - Thoughts and 8-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Indianer1
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:13 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
I don't know what # I am ... but in the scope of things, I'm probably the millionth person to say "beautiful write-up" and "thx DB." Suffice to say, I got goosebumps more than once. Beautiful.

Your devotion to your "Thoughts and Ratings," your consistency in your craft, and your final product, dare I say, could all be called "chick-esque." It's been a wonderful season illustrated by a wonderful writer.

I call on everyone to give DB a well-deserved round of applause...

sonimala
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:19 pm    Post subject:

And to you DB, my rating:
2The4th
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:25 pm    Post subject:

KB - No Shaq on his back. Pheww.....That's a tough load.

Gasol - Gas oft to Gastrong

Bynum - Finally not fouling out.

Ariza - Laughed at Magics trading the Hand of Steal for Brian 3pt Cook.

Fisher - Who is more clutch than the man who can't hit a 3 in the past 3 series?

LO - From making dumb mistakes + can't shoot to stepping up and hitting 3s.

Luke - No longer the whipping boy of the other team. He stepped up and actually scored!!!

Brown - Hits critical shot after shot when asked. Future pg of lala land.

Vujacic - ......................at least he doesn't cry on ABC. Wait, Machine doesn't cry!

Farmar - hits a critical floater!!! Finally was able to make entry pass.

Powell - Will be the rebounding machine one day. For now, he'll just warm the bench. Turiaf......who?

Mbenga - His karate swapping skill is only used for 2 minutes. Howard is just not good enough to foul Mbenga out. Bynum, Gasol........Mbenga.

Morrison - Nobody cares about him. If you don't believe me, check the tape.

Sun Yue - 1 ring vs Yao Ming's 0 ring. nough said....

Phil - Phil's coach book: 10 variations of triangle offense weakside, strongside, pick n' roll, isolation of Luke Walton. Most improved area: Got Lakers to play defense. SVG's coach book: What? He didn't have one. He ran out of strategy after game 1 when Lakers hammered Magics for 25 pt. I guess the "but Phil has 10 rings argument" will never be defeated.

Lakers: Shows the heart of the champions. (by hitting critical free throws, by hitting critical 3 pt shots, by making critical steals, by making critical blocks)

Last edited by 2The4th on Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:29 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for tonight and the whole year.

LakerJosh
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:30 pm    Post subject:

Thank you so much for all the hard work and dedication, and to your family for the support. LG wouldn't be the same without you.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:33 pm    Post subject:

DB, i was waiting for so much time to read this special edition of your thoughts and ratings... that's your mvp performance...
jeremysnowIII
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:34 pm    Post subject:

hiya evryone!!!

we are all happy here! I hope evryone else is. magicla year for a magical team.

thanks dancingbarry for being the wordseye view... gramps told me to write that, he said yuo would undrstand.

gramps said that kobe has found his scotty in trevor. he's sayin all kinds of funy stuff. whoppee!!!!

js3
RYZ
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:34 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
This is often like a second job and one without the financial benefits.

One fine day, my friend, one fine day...

A toast to you and the singular spot in the world of print, broadcast, and web where I can faithfully count on an objective, non-passion driven, non-agenda oriented, knowledgeable analysis of a Laker game: Here's to DB and "Thoughts & Ratings".
Sister Golden Hair
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:41 pm    Post subject:

I never call it a night on gameday until after I read DB's write-up. As always, a beautiful job.

I dunno. I know I shouldn't care so much about a team as I do about the Lakers. Pro basketball is basically a huge distraction -- the circus in the bread and circuses of old. But then why do I have a huge grin on my face as I read all the posts, and watch a replay of the game? Why did I get so much satisfaction from watching the team come together and play beautiful basketball when they needed it most? When the lakers play well, everything just feels better. I felt a strange calm all day today. Part of me somehow knowing they were going to win.

It's been a great ride tghe past two seasons, watching this team grow into what they've become. If some of the guys on the team aren't back next year they will be missed. I, for one, want the core to definitely come back, and that core includes Ariza and LO. When you have a chance at something special, you have to go all in, something old poker player Buss has to know is true.

To all the lakers, I give my thanks for giving me pleasure when I watched them play. And to the FO and the people behind the scenes, I salute their committment to excellence. This is a special organization.

Get some rest, all of you, and then .. gear up for the next run. This team is just getting started.

SGH
milkshakeballa
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:41 pm    Post subject:

cmonkee wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
I don't know what # I am ... but in the scope of things, I'm probably the millionth person to say "beautiful write-up" and "thx DB." Suffice to say, I got goosebumps more than once. Beautiful.

Your devotion to your "Thoughts and Ratings," your consistency in your craft, and your final product, dare I say, could all be called "chick-esque." It's been a wonderful season illustrated by a wonderful writer.

I call on everyone to give DB a well-deserved round of applause...

Michlake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:42 pm    Post subject:

Thx DB
PopcornMachine
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:45 pm    Post subject:

Ok, if anyone is interested, HERE is the GameFlow.

As you all probably already know, the Lakers took control of the game with that 16-0 run in the 2nd quarter, then responded to the only serious Magic charge in the 3rd.

That was more like it.

I'm with COCO!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakerEric
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:46 pm    Post subject:

Tears to my eyes 2nite! I had been envisioning this moment since the 1st regular season game in the first year since Shaq had left and Kobe took the reigns. Remember? It didn't feel right...Chris Mihm was our starting center back then and we beat Denver opening night but it didn't feel the same...Rudy T was our coach. I often wondered how great we would mesh with Divac, Kobe, Lamar, Caron, and hoping Karl Malone was going to return back to the team. That was A LONG TIME AGO...7 years to be exact. I hated Mitch Kupchak back then and wondered if the organization was going to waste Kobe's prime. It's not wasted anymore! We are young and primed to go on a major run for the next 3-5 years. Everything happens for a reason and 2nite has resulted in OUR 15TH LARRY O'BRIEN TROPHY!!!!!!!
Siguy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:49 pm    Post subject:

Those jerks and rotten refs, they'll see, we'll be back next year, the Sterns can't possibly ... oh wait, we won!@?!??

YAY!
abciximab
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:00 am    Post subject:

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
I never call it a night on gameday until after I read DB's write-up. As always, a beautiful job.

I dunno. I know I shouldn't care so much about a team as I do about the Lakers. Pro basketball is basically a huge distraction -- the circus in the bread and circuses of old. But then why do I have a huge grin on my face as I read all the posts, and watch a replay of the game? Why did I get so much satisfaction from watching the team come together and play beautiful basketball when they needed it most? When the lakers play well, everything just feels better. I felt a strange calm all day today. Part of me somehow knowing they were going to win.

It's been a great ride tghe past two seasons, watching this team grow into what they've become. If some of the guys on the team aren't back next year they will be missed. I, for one, want the core to definitely come back, and that core includes Ariza and LO. When you have a chance at something special, you have to go all in, something old poker player Buss has to know is true.

To all the lakers, I give my thanks for giving me pleasure when I watched them play. And to the FO and the people behind the scenes, I salute their committment to excellence. This is a special organization.

Get some rest, all of you, and then .. gear up for the next run. This team is just getting started.

SGH

well said.

& thanks yet again DB! your posts never disappoint.

jbjb
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:02 am    Post subject:

Thanks very much, DB, for a great job all season long. You've increased my understanding of the game with each write-up, and you're scintillating commentary made a great season even more special.
RhodyRay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:02 am    Post subject:

DB great write up as usual. Now you can get some rest but only for a moment. Need to write up a season ending wrap up.

Lots of rest for Kobe and Gasol. The young guys like Brown, Bynum and Ariza must further sharpen their skills for a run at a repeat next year. They can take 2 weeks off and then get back to work.
kups
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:08 am    Post subject:

Vadorojo wrote:
How sweet it is.

yes it is!
thank you for all the excellent recaps Mr. DB.
what a journey.. wonderful ending
#2 Lonzo
#28 Derrick White, Jordan Bell, Deonte Burton
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:11 am    Post subject:

"DB...YES!" - Marv Albert

I'm gonna miss these for the next 3 months...
lakefan24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:11 am    Post subject:

Lakers!!!! yea!! i think ive watched more laker games the years they didnt win the championship. Feels good to see them win again!! Cant wait for the parade
TooCool
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:12 am    Post subject:

Thanks DB. The year passes by quickly doesn't it?

See you in late October!!
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:36 am    Post subject:

What a year...wow it honestly seems like yesterday that we were sitting here coming up with crazy scenarios in which the Lakers could somehow force a game 7 in Boston. Now here we are....World Champions...on top of the world as we should be.

This feels very damn good. The past 7 years have been tough, but you know what it's all worth it for this moment.

Dancing Barry - thanks for the effort and work you put in to each of your analysis, we as fans greatly appreciate and enjoy it.
Downunder
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:43 am    Post subject:

Awesome job DB!!

The story you added this year were really impressive, can't say enough!

Hail The Four Horseman and their Death Riders!

StuLantz#1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:44 am    Post subject:

It's great to see your write-ups finally end on this note--it's been way too long. I know they say you have to appreciate the journey more than anything else, but for me it's all about savoring the fact the championship is back in its rightful place. These guys made the city proud. Happy ending for this great website too and all the great Laker fans on it.

Fisher proved once again the kind of winner he is (more so than ever with Game 4), Ariza showed he's the second coming of championship role players like Fox and Horry, Gasol squashed all those labels by playing strong in the end, Odom finally realized that lifelong potential and had a big role in us going all the way (I loved watching him fight for rebounds, but those three balls were sweet), and Phil regained that past coaching glory I was worried had slipped him by--he made the adjustments when they counted and brought the team together. It was great watching that championship defense finally come out full force.

And of course biggest credit goes to Kobe--I always questioned if he could be the main guy on a championship team, and he provided a resounding answer to that one. He may have not shot the ball great overall, but he provided big time leadership and took them all the way. He's forever disarmed all the haters who always reveled in his just being a sidekick and cemented his legacy. Now it's just a matter of building on it further, so hopefully there's more to come, but for me personally he's jumped dramatically on my list of greatests ever. I always needed to see him pull this off, and I'm so glad he did. Looking forward to the parade!
Tanlentueux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:52 am    Post subject:

ishi331 wrote:
1st
HAHA! Awesome job DB! Thanks for a great season of recaps!
yes man thanks !!!!!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6
Jump to: