***LAKERS -at- MAGIC 6/9 NBA Finals Game 3 Thread***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 122, 123, 124, 125  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LkrKrzy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:06 pm    Post subject:

Did anyone really think the Lakers were going to sweep the Magic? Not me I picked Lakers in 6 at the start so far so good.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
richsmith
Star Player
Star Player

kcxiv wrote:
richsmith wrote:
Nobody wrote:
Username wrote:
Sparhawk6 wrote:
Tough game. Kobe won't do that again in these Finals. You can bet on that.

BS. He's had more games like this in his finals career than he's had games like game 1. This was a momentum turner.

Magic board ---->

Truth hurts.

There's no way to change the fact that, historically, Kobe's performances in the Finals have been more like Game 2 and 3 than like Game 1.
YOu cant put the blame on anyone on the Lakers. Orlando won this game. They set a damned record for hitting shots. They wont keep it up and we can play better then we did today.

It has nothing to do with the truth hurts. I just gave you some truth. Lick on that for a few.

I wasn't talking about the Lakers performance tonight. I was responding to the previous posts I quoted, which dealt specifically with Kobe's individual performances in the Finals. Sadly, the "truth" you just doled out is based on faulty reading comprehension.
StuLantz#1
Star Player
Star Player

Orlando seems to be gaining confidence based on how they came out in game 2 and now game 3. You definitely don't want this to be the first time this particular Laker squad loses three in a row, that's for sure. But Orlando is definitely in a place for them to get back into their previous series shooting groove. I'm also worried that this isn't a loss where we were shot down by a major Orlando arena free throw differential, something that feels inevitable and too much to overcome.
nikehair
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:07 pm    Post subject:

Refs suck both ways. Check
Kobe sucking at the end (we wouldn't we that close without him). Check
Chance to win. Check
2-1 Series lead. CHECK
VonTrapp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:07 pm    Post subject:

kcxiv wrote:
dna. wrote:
kcxiv wrote:
dna. wrote:
Worthy42 wrote:
LkrKrzy wrote:
I love the people who blame Kobe for this lose. I just don't get it!

you take glory for the wins, you have to assume responsibility for losses, especially when you were shouldering the possessions that cost the team pts.

+1 way to see things as they are rather than through homer glasses

+1 to people thinking out of pure frustration. He doesnt take responsibility for the wins.

We, well not me, but fans give it to him. sheesh.

way to continually dance around the point and turn it around like it matters at all whether or not Kobe asks for "glory" when we win

Why becuase i can think rationally and not out of frustration? Like i said multiple times, it took an ok game by us to lose by 4 points and come down to litterally the last seconds of the game, yet they played the best they possibly could and barely squeek it out at home.

WHo in the hell actually thought that we would sweep them when we havent swept ANY team this postseason. Wake up and see the big picture. We werent going to sweep them. I will take this kind of loss as the fist loss in any series EVERY SINGLE TIME.

amen
Regarding #24:

"I think Jesus would have had a hard time covering him."

-- George Karl, 5/29/09 after the Lakers win game 6 to take the series and the Western Conference Championship
kcxiv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:08 pm    Post subject:

richsmith wrote:
kcxiv wrote:
richsmith wrote:
Nobody wrote:
Username wrote:
Sparhawk6 wrote:

BS. He's had more games like this in his finals career than he's had games like game 1. This was a momentum turner.

Magic board ---->

Truth hurts.

There's no way to change the fact that, historically, Kobe's performances in the Finals have been more like Game 2 and 3 than like Game 1.
YOu cant put the blame on anyone on the Lakers. Orlando won this game. They set a damned record for hitting shots. They wont keep it up and we can play better then we did today.

It has nothing to do with the truth hurts. I just gave you some truth. Lick on that for a few.

I wasn't talking about the Lakers performance tonight. I was responding to the previous posts I quoted, which dealt specifically with Kobe's individual performances in the Finals. Sadly, the "truth" you just doled out is based on faulty reading comprehension.

He had an ok game. down the stretch he made a few mess up's. Eh, it happens.

I was commenting on someone saying that he takes credit for the glory. I dont see it. I see people giving it to him though.
scottpot29
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:09 pm    Post subject:

They shoot a finals record for shooting percentage and almost lose the game. How would that make you gain confidence? Oh and the best closer in the game misses 5 free throws. They played their best game and barely won. Lakers by 7 on Thursday. Oh, and thanks for finally showing up Lamar...
richsmith
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:09 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
richsmith wrote:
I know this is your schtick and everything, but the Lakers just allowed the Magic to shoot the highest percentage in Finals history, and you think the refs are to blame? Pass the tin foil hat.

How many balls went off Orlando in this game, yet were given to them?

The one "off Pau" in the 4th quarter was simply ludicrous.

No offense, but you are a (bleep) moron.

As it's from the resident conspiracy theorist who thinks the Lakers have never received a call in their favor, no offense taken.

In all seriousness, there is no conspiracy or anything else. There is simply inept refereeing. For every bad call like the one you mention above, there's a bad call returned. Did you complain when Kobe was given a foul after Howard cleanly blocked him? Thought not...
Trajan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject:

So that's it? That was the Magic's best shot? Their best game? I'm mad about this loss but hey, this game gave me even more confidence that the Magic cannot beat us in a 7 game series. Kobe had a horrible 2nd half. Missed 5 free throws. If played just a little bit better, the Magic don't have a chance. Hopefully we play better defense in game 4 and don't let the Magic get hot early.
dna.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:11 pm    Post subject:

kcxiv wrote:
dna. wrote:
way to continually dance around the point and turn it around like it matters at all whether or not Kobe asks for "glory" when we win

Why becuase i can think rationally and not out of frustration? Like i said multiple times, it took an ok game by us to lose by 4 points and come down to litterally the last seconds of the game, yet they played the best they possibly could and barely squeek it out at home.

Agreed. They played an excellent game, and we still had a chance. This is not what you and I are talking about.

kcxiv wrote:
WHo in the hell actually thought that we would sweep them when we havent swept ANY team this postseason. Wake up and see the big picture. We werent going to sweep them. I will take this kind of loss as the fist loss in any series EVERY SINGLE TIME.

I don't know who thought that. It wasn't me. Why are you asking me? I said Kobe should take some blame, hell most of it, in this loss. If you want to argue that fine but what the hell are you bringing in all this other crap for? My one and only point here was that you are a homer if you don't see why Kobe should shoulder some responsibility for this loss. And in that case there is no point in me continuing this discussion.
Rsxtreme415
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject:

We could of won we had a chance to win, plenty of chances but we mismanaged the time i feel. We should of pushed it up instead of walking it under two min. Kobe's mind wasnt in it down the stretch. We should of won again
richsmith
Star Player
Star Player

kcxiv wrote:
richsmith wrote:
kcxiv wrote:
richsmith wrote:
Nobody wrote:
Username wrote:
Sparhawk6 wrote:

Magic board ---->

Truth hurts.

I was commenting on someone saying that he takes credit for the glory. I dont see it. I see people giving it to him though.

But he didn't have an okay game. He had a fantastic first quarter, and then three extremely poor quarters by his standards. My point is that this isn't exactly new in the Finals. Kobe plays incredibly through the first 3 rounds of the playoffs, but he has always struggled in the Finals. He hasn't even played especially well this series, but I guarantee you his stats and shooting percentage are still markedly superior to his typical Finals averages, which shows you how comparatively weak he has been in the Finals over the course of his career.
StuLantz#1
Star Player
Star Player

Also, that Pietrus steal on Kobe at the end was a nightmare. The fact Pietrus went 7-11 with 18 points off the bench was a killer contribution they didn't really have before. But that pales in comparison to the 8-12 and 20 pts from Alston--I so saw that one coming. The odds of a win when they get major contribution from their point seems pretty low.
Nobody
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:13 pm    Post subject:

Michael shot 10-15, 14-21 and 11-16 on FTs in the Finals. So don't give me that infallible crap about him not ever missing as many FTs. Happens to the best of them.

Kobe was LeBron-ish at the line tonight... you could see it from the start, even the ones he made were rolling or boncing in, no swishes. =/
ofwgkta
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:13 pm    Post subject:

I still can't get over how many free throws Kobe missed, very unusual. And would it kill Phil to play Shannon Brown? Alston was pretty much taking Fish off the dribble, getting into the lane with ease. So disappointing knowing we could have won this game had it been for the little things.
Rsxtreme415
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:14 pm    Post subject:

LkrKrzy wrote:
Did anyone really think the Lakers were going to sweep the Magic? Not me I picked Lakers in 6 at the start so far so good.
we had a good chance cuase we could of easily taken this game our defense let up
PGgotsWickedHandle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

Lets not be like most fans and complain about the calls when we lose a close game. Orlando shot 4 more freethrows than we did. We had every chance to win this game, but the combination of an all time finals record 62% shooting by Orlando, Kobe missing freethrows and turning the ball over at the end of the game sealed our fate. Its okay, Orlando was supposed to take this game. LA will come back even stronger thursday and not miss so many defensive assignments. I do wish phil would have played Shannon Brown instead of Sasha, but we will be fine. Lakers in 5... the sky is not falling.
epicwolf
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

Kobe need to stop doing that f*cking move in splitting defenders!!!! I hate that move. Everytime he does it I get a heart attack and this is why!!!! What are the chances of a person split defenders and get it right? Kobe havn't done it for years and he still likes to do that move?!!!
richsmith
Star Player
Star Player

Shot distribution was poor tonight. Kobe took more shots than Gasol and Odom combined, when the latter two had it going all night. I suppose that's not out of the ordinary, but the additional fact that Trevor shot more than Pau is criminal.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

richsmith wrote:
For every bad call like the one you mention above, there's a bad call returned.

OK, I'll play.

You start. Name five bad calls in favor of the Lakers in this game.

Or just slink away with your tail between your legs before I embarrass you.
Rsxtreme415
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:15 pm    Post subject:

Pau should of called a time out seriously
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

LkrKrzy wrote:

YEP I did. look at the score. look at the missed ft's. look at the favoritism calls they got. and we barelllly lose. the sweep was in our hands.
BrutonGaster
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

Phil's interview is up

http://www.nba.com/playoffs2009/live1/
Nobody
Star Player
Star Player

richsmith wrote:
kcxiv wrote:
richsmith wrote:
kcxiv wrote:
richsmith wrote:
Nobody wrote:
Username wrote:
Sparhawk6 wrote:

Magic board ---->

Truth hurts.

But he didn't have an okay game. He had a fantastic first quarter, and then three extremely poor quarters by his standards. My point is that this isn't exactly new in the Finals. Kobe plays incredibly through the first 3 rounds of the playoffs, but he has always struggled in the Finals. He hasn't even played especially well this series, but I guarantee you his stats and shooting percentage are still markedly superior to his typical Finals averages, which shows you how comparatively weak he has been in the Finals over the course of his career.

He was great in the Philly and NJ series. Mediocre in the 00' one, but he did play on that bum ankle for the majority of the Finals, and still got us the crucial win. He was horrible in the Detroit series and average last year (but still the best on our team, considering everyone was held under their standards). He's been great in game 1, very good in game 2 and average this game... too bad he didn't hit those threes, I'm pretty sure all of you flip floppers would be hanging from his nutsack already.
Trey
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:16 pm    Post subject:

PINCUS .. ask where SHANNON WAS!!!!!!!!!! plz
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 122, 123, 124, 125  Next
Page 123 of 125
Jump to: