NUGGETS -at- LAKERS - 5/23 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. EiGhTy-OnE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 8:12 am    Post subject:

props to...

KOBE, TREVOR, AND 4TH QTR PAU (NOT QTRS 1-3 PAU)

lets finish this in 5 and rest for the finals
dcastillo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 10:39 am    Post subject:

Big ups DB for the info.....happy with kobe trevor and pau....Luke really played well too.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 12:28 pm    Post subject:

PopcornMachine wrote:

How about "...go Sasha go...you can do it!..."? Just a thought.

I think that phase lasted until about March.

We need to mix things up with him. It's just not working. 20% shooting from two, 30% from three. He's gone from the Machine to the Machine Gun. He's lost his mojo and drastic measures, sacrifices of animals, new approaches need to be taken.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 12:58 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
PopcornMachine wrote:

We need to mix things up with him. It's just not working. 20% shooting from two, 30% from three. He's gone from the Machine to the Machine Gun. He's lost his mojo and drastic measures, sacrifices of animals, new approaches need to be taken.

Yeah, I agree, something drastic needs to be done, Sasha needs to be able to hit his shots or he's a major liability.

It has to be incredibly frustrating for him too but he's killing the team right now.

Any idea what jump-started his better play last year? Increased confidence but from what? Minutes, praise, practice?? I know the easy answer some have is that he was trying harder because it was a contract year but I think he's trying hard now, it just isn't working.
PopcornMachine
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 1:01 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
PopcornMachine wrote:

Fair enough.

Quote:

No animal sacrafices.

Though I am open to voodoo spells and incantations.

I did say I don't know why they just don't throw Brown in instead. Hell, activate Morrison and make him a shooting guard.

Anything but a sacrifice! If Sasha caused a poor goat or chicken to lose it's life...then I would really get mad at him.

I'm with COCO!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
AJLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 2:46 pm    Post subject:

Thanks DB, didn't get a chance to see the game yesterday because spent all day at the HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH, yeah, that's what they call Disneyland.
prisma8slg
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 4:32 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
In the distance, bells ring out...four...five...six... You grin, pour yourself another glass of wine and finish your plate in sweet silence.

thanks DB.

"I've seen it all. Sasha dunked on somebody," Kobe Bryant said. "I'm ready to retire now."
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 12:32 am    Post subject:

PopcornMachine wrote:

Anything but a sacrifice! If Sasha caused a poor goat or chicken to lose it's life...then I would really get mad at him.

Good points. Hmmmm. Maybe we should look into sacrificing some basketballs and Sasha jerseys to the basketball gods. We're in crunch time here. Drastic measures are required. Maybe we can set up an exorcism for him.

(Or, yeah, just playing Brown in his spot would be fine for me.)
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 12:39 am    Post subject:

Flo'z wrote:

Dope T&R as usual! I especially like the part about Mayor Sparkle Teeth getting that message of a mamba and cobra on the loose, and how our guy sat down and finished off his meal.

Let's just hope our guy is hungry tomorrow...
dna.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 10:37 am    Post subject:

Rick12322 wrote:
dna. wrote:
Last year after the playoffs ended for us everyone was talking about Bynum: how much we missed him and how much of a difference it would make for us next year if we had him in the playoffs... some people thought I was crazy when I said I could easily see Ariza making as much or more of a difference and that not having him around may have hurt us just as much last year...

I'm guessing they have come to see things my way by now.

I've always liked Ariza and was thrilled when we got him. But your comparison really isn't valid because January's version of Bynum is still a couple months away. People gave Amare a break on his whole first year after returning from injury, it's only fair to afford Bynum his time to recover fully.

My point was more of what a valuable piece to the puzzle that Ariza is rather than a knock on Bynum... I thought he was being slept on last year while everyone focused on Bynum and our need for "toughness". But perimeter defense was a big issue as well and allowing Kobe to work a little less on defense by throwing Trevor on the opposing team's greatest offensive threats is also important to our playoff run.

However, although they had different injuries, I do see your point in that maybe Bynum just needs more time to come back.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: