LAKERS -at- ROCKETS - 5/8 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vishnu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 7:43 am    Post subject:

Thank DB.

2 Bruins in the Lakers' starting lineup last night. First time that's happened since KAJ and Wilkes

Last edited by Vishnu on Sat May 09, 2009 8:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Klone_dd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 8:10 am    Post subject:

I'm really happy for JoFar. He's had a rough couple of months, but he came in to the starting role ready and prepared. Very controlled game by him. He's better off with the starters so he doesn't have to make plays with the 2nd unit.

The 3-point shooting was exceptional. It was a major factor in this win as it was in the Game 1 loss.

IMO the Rockets defense is overrated. Yao can only anchor if he's not involved with pick & rolls. Otherwise, he's willing to give up the midrange. Plus they don't create turnovers.

RonRon had an okay game, but when he starts to overdribble and overpenetrate, he really compromises their team. He does nothing to "make his teammates better."

Solid games from Ariza and LO. If we can get game 4, this series is over.
AJLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 8:15 am    Post subject:

Great right up DB! Even though I watch the games, Always look forward to see what DancingBarry wrote .
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 8:39 am    Post subject:

Great showing by Farmar. I love the different looks the Lakers can give. Against Utah, stay with the stronger guards (Brown, Fish) to go against Williams. In this series against Houston, their PGs are quick and not strong, so having Farmar is a blessing with his quickness. If all goes according to plan, the next series against Denver will see a return to the stronger guards to contain Billups.

I am a little disappointed in our front court game. Scola is good, but he seems to be having it too easy out there. Would a Pau-Yao and Bynum-Scola matchup work better for the Lakers?

Sadly, Powell is not the answer. Time and time again he will try to do too much, and we have seen all season long his game is to stand about 15 feet away, waiting for a pass so he can pop up and hit the jumper. That is his game, and that is what he should stick with.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Burgundy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 2:54 pm    Post subject:

Great recap, as always, DB!

I was amazed at Farmar's play in this game...where has that guy been? Even if he wasn't hitting his shots, he was making smart, timely passes, not turning the ball over, and playing hustling, active defense.

THAT'S ALL WE WANTED ALL ALONG.

The problem with the past 4 months, is that Farmar wasn't shooting well, but he would just continue to jack up bad shots - then get disappointed, and play half-hearted defense...and when he did decide to pass, he'd be careless and turn the ball over.

Let's face it, last night, he still couldn't shoot (he missed a lot of wide open looks), but HE DID OTHER THINGS! He was a huge positive, because he took care of the ball, passed it to the right people, and hustled his behind off on defense.

If he'd been doing that all along, he wouldn't be in the doghouse.

I 100% agree with DB - Brown should be taking Sasha's minutes at this point, and Farmar should be back in the rotation - the Farmar/Brown combo actually isn't half-bad.

Every time Sasha misses a wide open jumper (which is 90% of the time), it's deflating for the team. And it's not like he's gang busters on defense - he's fouling like crazy. I'd rather have Brown out there, who's actually capable of creating (and making) his own shot and not fouling on defense...
smiles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 3:29 pm    Post subject:

Brown is playing exceptionally well; his shooting % is great. He definitely needs to cut into Sasha's minutes if he can't have minutes as pg since now Fisher is back.
Bench
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 4:49 pm    Post subject:

Sasha shouldn't be playing the next game.
noJINX
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 5:21 pm    Post subject:

Awesome Game from start to finish I'm very happy for Farmar good game

Yao Ming IS OUT for the season
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 5:26 pm    Post subject:

Burgundy wrote:
The problem with the past 4 months, is that Farmar wasn't shooting well, but he would just continue to jack up bad shots - then get disappointed, and play half-hearted defense...and when he did decide to pass, he'd be careless and turn the ball over.

Let's face it, last night, he still couldn't shoot (he missed a lot of wide open looks), but HE DID OTHER THINGS! He was a huge positive, because he took care of the ball, passed it to the right people, and hustled his behind off on defense.

The missing shots I could deal with. It happens, but you can survive that. It's the compounding of mistakes. Miss a shot, followed up by a turnover, followed up by giving up a layup, followed up by feeding Josh Powell in the post... inevitably, this would turn into a run for the other team and his fingerprints would be all over it. Last night was intelligent effort. Much props for stepping up and focusing.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 5:32 pm    Post subject:

noJINX wrote:

Big time bummer. Yao's a great competitor and humble warrior...

But this is one of Houston's biggest flaws. It's why earlier this season I started describing them as a neighborhood whose houses were built on faulty foundations and kept that as their storyline...I believe my first title for them was "The Cursed" and I went throught the same description as my story tonight.

- TMac's injuries.
- Yao's bad wheels.
- Ron's Baggage.

All of that has come to play in the playoffs. Bad foundation for an aspiring team.
Sister Golden Hair
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 6:44 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
noJINX wrote:

Big time bummer. Yao's a great competitor and humble warrior...

But this is one of Houston's biggest flaws. It's why earlier this season I started describing them as a neighborhood whose houses were built on faulty foundations and kept that as their storyline...I believe my first title for them was "The Cursed" and I went throught the same description as my story tonight.

- TMac's injuries.
- Yao's bad wheels.
- Ron's Baggage.

All of that has come to play in the playoffs. Bad foundation for an aspiring team.

Couldn't agree more. The thing about Yao is that his injuries seem inevitable. He's simply too big for a harsh game like pro basketball where your legs take a tremendous pounding. he needs to play on a modified practice/game schedule.

SGH
yanyon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 10:43 pm    Post subject:

thanks again DB... you should be the one receiving that MVP award for your continued hard work and efforts on giving us awesome write ups....
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: