SoCaLjAy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:43 am    Post subject:

LAkers 4 Life wrote:
SoCaLjAy wrote:
LAkers 4 Life wrote:
SoCaLjAy wrote:

Nope, not kidding at all. We would beat the Jazz either way. The Lakers can beat the Jazz in 4 with or without this guy. They play all year to get into the playoffs and then he has to ride the pine in a suit. Injuries are a part of the game but so is entertainment. Its nice to see two teams go at it full force with all components in tact.

I doubt any of the Western teams or Boston had sympathy for Bynum's injury last season.
Probably not. And that matters to me because...why?

I don't think any of the other team's fans wanted the Lakers at full capacity.
We can beat any team... full capacity or not. I'd like to see some of these younger guys (Ariza, Brown) get some time against a fully healthy Jazz team in a hostile environment where the refs will likely give us no love. It will only get worse as we advance and it might as well happen now. Also, I don't wish injury on anyone. The guy has put in the hours throughout the season, it sucks that he doesn't get the reward of playoff basketball, win or lose. Why is that opinion so offensive to people? I don't get it.
kobeyashi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:44 am    Post subject:

Okur is a Lakers killer. I would be more worried if Okur was in the lineup and Boozer was the one out with an injury. But even at full strength, there is no way the Jazz are taking the Lakers out in a 7 game series.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:48 am    Post subject:

SoCaLjAy wrote:
LAkers 4 Life wrote:
SoCaLjAy wrote:
LAkers 4 Life wrote:
SoCaLjAy wrote:

Nope, not kidding at all. We would beat the Jazz either way. The Lakers can beat the Jazz in 4 with or without this guy. They play all year to get into the playoffs and then he has to ride the pine in a suit. Injuries are a part of the game but so is entertainment. Its nice to see two teams go at it full force with all components in tact.

I doubt any of the Western teams or Boston had sympathy for Bynum's injury last season.

We can beat any team... full capacity or not. I'd like to see some of these younger guys (Ariza, Brown) get some time against a fully healthy Jazz team in a hostile environment where the refs will likely give us no love. It will only get worse as we advance and it might as well happen now. Also, I don't wish injury on anyone. The guy has put in the hours throughout the season, it sucks that he doesn't get the reward of playoff basketball, win or lose. Why is that opinion so offensive to people? I don't get it.

I don't see where I said your statement about having the Jazz at full capacity is offensive. I'm just stating a rebuttal.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:51 am    Post subject:

Kobe is going to need to set the tone tonight.
SoCaLjAy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:51 am    Post subject:

LAkers 4 Life wrote:
SoCaLjAy wrote:
LAkers 4 Life wrote:
SoCaLjAy wrote:
LAkers 4 Life wrote:
SoCaLjAy wrote:

I don't see where I said your statement about having the Jazz at full capacity is offensive. I'm just stating a rebuttal.

Yeah, I was going to write controversial. Offensive was a dramatic overstatment.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:03 am    Post subject:

I would love for Derek Fisher to hit the winning shot tonight. Derek played his heart out for them, and they repay him by their classless, disgusting fans yelling obscenities at him about his daughter having cancer.

Yeah we love this game, but at the same time, we love our families more, and to take it to that level is just unacceptable, and i'd love for Derek to have his moment to silence them, even if they only shut up for one moment.
ahyiah
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:19 am    Post subject:

its going to be a really tough game. the jazz players are much better significantly at home, and they're going to get away with ALOT of pushing and offensive fouls. they couldn't play their style at staples because they were getting caught, but with the crazy fans there, the refs arn't going to call anything against the jazz in utah. expect alot of BS calls on the lakers, and alot of lakers on the floor tonite. we got out ft-ed in game 1 by a gigantic amount, now imagine that x2 in utah.

lakers gotta play really smart tonite, and hope that kobe has a good shooting night because theres going to be alot of non-calls for the jazz and BS calls on the lakers.. just watch..
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:23 am    Post subject:

The Lakers should sweep this team. However, I'll be okay with splitting the next two and winning in game 5. We need to take advantage of Okur's absence.

Kobe will be key tonight as will setting the tone early. If we can come out with a big lead in the 1st half as we have at home, that would be a good thing.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
usa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:48 am    Post subject:

I was expecting him to play and boost their confidence even more but now that he isn't Lakers must jump on them early.
usa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:51 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
The Lakers should sweep this team. However, I'll be okay with splitting the next two and winning in game 5. We need to take advantage of Okur's absence.

Kobe will be key tonight as will setting the tone early. If we can come out with a big lead in the 1st half as we have at home, that would be a good thing.

I concur
ViolaMB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:58 am    Post subject:

Tonight they MUST play a lot more psycial than the first 2 games. The Utah crowd are going to get nuts again, like usual...IT'S JUST NOISE.

I wouldn't even play Farmar tonight, Sasha maybe a couple of minutes, but we all know that ain't gonna happen. Well see...hope for the best!
Mation
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:27 pm    Post subject:

Wow, no Okur. I hope we treat this game as if Okur is 100% healthy. Let's do this!
Big Drew 17
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:35 pm    Post subject:

we need to win this game. If we do, we will take their hearts and go on for the sweep. Esp. with Okur out of the lineup,this is a huge game.
Lets Go Lakers!!!
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:47 pm    Post subject:

Code:
                              LAKERS vs. JAZZ COMPARISON
UTA 08 Game 1  98 PTS (36/95 ), 22/30 FT, 58 RBD (25 Off.), 21 AST,  13 TO,  33 PF
LAL 08 Game 1 109 PTS (33/73 ), 38/46 FT, 41 RBD ( 8 Off.), 24 AST,  12 TO,  27 PF
UTA 09 Game 1 100 PTS (34/87 ), 29/35 FT, 46 RBD (20 Off.), 28 AST,  14 TO,  28 PF
LAL 09 Game 1 113 PTS (40/72 ), 26/32 FT, 38 RBD ( 7 Off.), 22 AST,  17 TO,  29 PF
UTA 08 Game 2 110 PTS (45/101), 13/16 FT, 41 RBD (16 Off.), 27 AST,  10 TO,  30 PF
LAL 08 Game 2 120 PTS (39/68 ), 35/42 FT, 37 RBD ( 4 Off.), 23 AST,  15 TO,  20 PF
UTA 09 Game 2 109 PTS (39/79 ), 23/29 FT, 30 RBD ( 9 Off.), 25 AST,  18 TO,  25 PF
LAL 09 Game 2 119 PTS (45/75 ), 18/24 FT, 30 RBD ( 7 Off.), 33 AST,  21 TO,  23 PF
UTA 08 Game 3 104 PTS (39/78 ), 20/28 FT, 35 RBD (12 Off.), 21 AST,  12 TO,  28 PF
LAL 08 Game 3  99 PTS (32/66 ), 30/37 FT, 32 RBD (10 Off.), 14 AST,  18 TO,  23 PF

Points       FTs           Rebounds        Assists       TOs        PFs

Game 1 2008   LAL +11      LAL +6        UTA +17        LAL +3        LAL -1     LAL -6
Game 1 2009   LAL +13      UTA +3        UTA +8          UTA +6        UTA -3     UTA -1

Game 2 2008   LAL +10      LAL +26       UTA +4          UTA +4        UTA -5     LAL -10
Game 2 2009   LAL +10      UTA +5        EVEN            LAL +8        UTA -3     LAL -2

Game 3 2008   UTA +5       LAL +9        UTA +3          UTA +7        UTA -6     LAL -5           

We've consistenly lost on rebounding, although we've been better than last year. The key in Utah will likely be turnovers and assists (plus defense of course).

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
raffi
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:48 pm    Post subject:

LINK

Quote:
Bynum says knee won't keep him out of Game 3
The Lakers center plans to 'fight it out, play and keep going' in tonight's game against the Jazz.
By Broderick Turner

1:36 PM PDT, April 23, 2009

Reporting from Salt Lake City — Andrew Bynum is not sure when he developed soreness in the right knee that sidelined him for 32 regular-season games because of a torn medial collateral ligament. It became a concern for Bynum after the Lakers defeated the Utah Jazz in Game 2 of the Western Conference playoffs Tuesday at Staples Center.

But with Game 3 tonight at EnergySolutions Arena and with the Lakers seeking to open a 3-0 lead in the best-of-seven opening-round series, the Lakers center said he won't let his knee stop him from playing.

"I don't think it'll be an issue," Bynum said after the Lakers' shoot-around this afternoon. "I'm just going to fight it out, play, keep going. In the off-season, I'll be able to train and get the strength back in the leg."

Bynum wears a brace on his knee for support, something he said he will continue to do no matter that it seems to be the reason why his knee is sore.

Bynum said the pad rubs on the outside of his knee. "I think it's more because of the brace because it turns my foot in kind of pigeon-toed," Bynum said. "It's just a little bit weird. I've got to get used to wearing it."
Makave7iThaDon
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:49 pm    Post subject:

For some reason I just have this bad feeling tonight that the lakers are gonna get a bit shell shocked with this being the first road playoff game for them.

With so many guys this year that are new to the playoffs I'm not completely sure everyone on the team knows what it takes and the type of focus and style you need to have to win on the road in the playoffs. I think some of the role players like ariza and shannon and what have you that played great the last two games are gonna be a bit shell shocked by the experience in this first game. Let's be honest, they don't fully know what to expect yet, neither does bynum.

But I think it should only take this one game for them to quickly see what it's like to play on the road in the playoffs, and I think they will be more geared and focused for game 4 and the rest of the playoffs.
Kobeskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:53 pm    Post subject: AK47 Starting tonight

I'm guessing to try and keep Ariza in check. This could be interesting and it can go either way. Sometimes series are turned around with small adjustments like these. Hopefully that's not the case this time.
Makave7iThaDon
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:55 pm    Post subject:

I think it has more to do with trying to match the length of the lakers starting line up
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:03 pm    Post subject:

more reason to trap DWil. Now they dont even have their shooter (Kover) on the floor !
LakersFTW
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:05 pm    Post subject:

Sloan has gone crazy

Their home court right? This is the only game I see us potentially losing, but if we win tonight, we're gonna go 4-0!

I'm a Sun Yue fan!
LakersFTW
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:08 pm    Post subject:

yep dangerous game tonight

We have to win the 1st and 3rd quarter!

set the tone at the start and have a 10+ lead coming into the 4th, then let Kobe do what Kobe does best

I'm a Sun Yue fan!
Kobeskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:09 pm    Post subject:

KobeDunk wrote:
more reason to trap DWil. Now they dont even have their shooter (Kover) on the floor !

Kolver hasn't really been shooting lights out. This is a risky move but it could help them keep Ariza under raps and stop the Lakers from coming out so strong.
OX1947
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:13 pm    Post subject:

Where's Rocky so we can knock his Ivan Drago arse....
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:18 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers are going to be able to pack in the paint with AK47 starting. Korver might not have been hitting his J in the 1st 2 games, but just the threat of his outside shooting opens things up tremendously for Deron Williams. Trevor will need to make sure that he keeps AK47 off the offensive glass. Other than that, Kirilenko isn't much of a threat.

At any rate, I don't really see how AK47 starting helps the Jazz. It's not like Trevor has been getting his points by going 1-on-1 against Korver. Ariza has simply been taking advantage of the double teams on Kobe, Pau and Drew. Given the fact that Kirilenko is a natural help defender and weakside shotblocker, Trevor is going to get plenty of open opportunities again.
thegreatest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:19 pm    Post subject:

How does it help keep Ariza under raps?

Ariza gets his points because of double teams. If AK doesn't help out, which is what he excels in defensively, then his value in the starting line up is gone.

This move helps the Jazz have more scoring off the bench. Hoping to make a push when Kobe and Pau are on the bench.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 119, 120, 121  Next
Page 3 of 121
Jump to: