PakaLOLO
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:28 am    Post subject:

Lakers For Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:37 am    Post subject:

Every team in the West has atleast 4 losses.
LFsnz67
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:46 am    Post subject:

MFF0RD8 wrote:
yes, another courtside view supporter! it was truly excellent

how did you watch in HD? time warner cable only offered fsw in HD...

Directv...

Was out of the room for the Ariza thing though... anyone catch it on that channel?
minorbravo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:11 am    Post subject:

MedRomLaker wrote:
minorbravo wrote:
just got back, Derrick Rose is awesome.
LOL nice man, ya your telling me, guy was a blur, so much for hoping he wouild have a rookie down night, did you happen to see the sasha-ariza fight?

No I think a lot of people missed it, I didn't know anything about it until I heard it on the way home on the post game show.

But yeah, Derrick Rose is going to be one of the best point guards in history, no matter where he was on the floor he was finding guys or taking it to the hole and it was only his 11th NBA game.
He was really fun to watch, and has become one of my favorite players.
najim
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:04 am    Post subject:

Best guess is that Sasha is still pissed that Ariza clowned him so badly on the chest bump in Dallas and had something to say about Ariza's momma out there on the court.
bob yanks
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:16 am    Post subject:

hotch33tos wrote:
how do u watch on wazzel?

I don't think you can actually watch on wazzel istelf. It seems like you can do some kind of pick'em where you win points and there is an in game discussion going on during the game. It is kinda cool actually.

I am new to the board, so I did not realize the links people were looking for were streaming links. I will be sure to check out the streaming links too since I am on the east coast and rarely get games
superboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:33 am    Post subject: Pau was getting beat up!

I was watching the JD highlights for the Bulls game yesterday, and I noticed that on a lot of Pau's dunks and layups, he was really getting raked across the arms and head badly, and it didn't seem like they were being called. What's up with that? I'm not talking about the normal non-calls, it just looked pretty blatant on the highlights. You know how he holds the ball up high? They were just bruising his arms, and he was still making the shots.

A lot of people question his toughness, but I think it just looks like he's soft. He seems to be taking a beating.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
superboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:44 am    Post subject:

Hey, mod, WTF? What's with the merge? I had a specific question about the contact on Pau, I wanted to know if those were being called, I couldn't tell from the highlights.

Why are you so sensitive about threads. You know it's impossible to find anything in the game thread. Seriously, you guys need to calm down and not be such Nazi's. There was nothing wrong with what I posted. It was a legitimate question and I was very polite.

You probably thought I was whining about the refs. Yet another sore subject with everyone here. Anyway, please relax in the future.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
roastem00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:49 pm    Post subject: just a question...

In last nights game why didn't Kobe guard Rose? I mean Fisher and Farmar could have easily guarded Gordon, who was just chucking up threes (3-11 behind the arc). It wasn't that he shot well and had 25 points. He also had 9 dimes and I feel this is what has hurt the Lakers so far this season. Look at AI, Paul, and now Rose just torching them.

-- announcer Chick Hearn, on the passing ability of Magic Johnson
HeyMissWhatsYourName
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:59 pm    Post subject:

on a side note... rose honestly did NOT look all that fast. his size got him a lot of those shots/points, and he has some great little flip shots like CP3/tony parker... but yea kobe could have easily guarded him and not been at a loss for speed/exerting 2 much effort.
v3n
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:16 pm    Post subject:

HeyMissWhatsYourName wrote:
on a side note... rose honestly did NOT look all that fast. his size got him a lot of those shots/points, and he has some great little flip shots like CP3/tony parker... but yea kobe could have easily guarded him and not been at a loss for speed/exerting 2 much effort.

he looked pretty damn fast to me... faster than farmar
Jeffs
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:09 pm    Post subject:

It wasn't so much that Rose was fast as he was shifty. If you notice, he uses a change of speed/hesitation move on almost EVERY drive. I think players will learn that about him eventually, and unless he begins to knock down the midrange J with great consistency (which is what allows that hesitation move to work), his defenders will adjust and make getting to the rim more difficult for him.

Now, don't get me wrong... he's definitely a quick guard, but he isn't nearly as quick as he appeared. Farmar wasn't letting him get by on speed alone... it was the hesitation move that he fell for almost every time.

I feel like I just watched someone TRULY give 100%. Not the BS I'm-gonna-give-a-110%-just-like-everyone-else-says platitudes, but someone that went until he just....broke. - GT
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:16 pm    Post subject:

You are right about how he get separation most of the time Jeffs... but there were many times it was just plain speed, especially in the full court. Dude is freaking quick, especially for his size... Dwayne Wade quick.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
v3n
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject:

Jeffs wrote:
It wasn't so much that Rose was fast as he was shifty. If you notice, he uses a change of speed/hesitation move on almost EVERY drive. I think players will learn that about him eventually, and unless he begins to knock down the midrange J with great consistency (which is what allows that hesitation move to work), his defenders will adjust and make getting to the rim more difficult for him.

Now, don't get me wrong... he's definitely a quick guard, but he isn't nearly as quick as he appeared. Farmar wasn't letting him get by on speed alone... it was the hesitation move that he fell for almost every time.

yeah, his hesitation moves were pretty slick. when he accelerated there was no catching him though. i think his driving game will become a lot like tony parker's because he's that quick and he seems to have an array of moves to elude the big men.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51
Page 51 of 51
Jump to: