Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laker_Behemoth
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:18 pm    Post subject:

edwood94 wrote:
Laker_Behemoth wrote:
[You're acting quite ridiculous / Count me out of your little pity party./We had a bad game. Say it with me. A bad game.

Seriously, guys. Some of you need to chill out. If you disagree, no problem, speak, don´t attack people who don´t think in the same way you do. I´m not a kid. I´m 33 and I´ve seen tons of basketball, I don´t need to repeat anything with you,but maybe you need to watch last season´s finals again and you´ll see my point.

Come on. You were the one using excessive exclamation points, which clearly denote either excitement or panic.

I did not attack you. I said you were acting ridiculous and that you were throwing a pity party. These seemed perfectly legitimate to me. I disagreed with you wholeheartedly and stated why in a well thought out post. You disagree with me wholeheartedly and claim I am attacking you and state your age and bring up the Finals, without actually rebuking or challenging any of my claims.

Alright, then. We move on. Game Four is coming up and I expect another Lakers victory.
"After watching Bryant and Cooper go at it for about 10 minutes West stood up, nodded at two team public-relations men he'd brought with him, and snapped, 'That's it, let's get out of here, I've seen enough. He's better than anyone on our team.'"
Spirit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:20 pm    Post subject:

And in other news, mighty Boston loses ...
edwood94
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:20 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Behemoth wrote:

Alright, then. We move on. Game Four is coming up and I expect another Lakers victory.

All right. That´s our common goal. No problem. See you here again
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:21 pm    Post subject:

Lakers have a few days until they face the Clippers next. Big gaps between games early in this season. Lakers cannot come out flat like they did in this game. Clippers will be motivated after the beatdown they received last time. Lakers need to bring that intensity and execution every night.
Laker_Behemoth
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:22 pm    Post subject:

edwood94 wrote:
Laker_Behemoth wrote:

All right. That´s our common goal. No problem. See you here again

It's all good. No hard feelings.

Go Lakers.
"After watching Bryant and Cooper go at it for about 10 minutes West stood up, nodded at two team public-relations men he'd brought with him, and snapped, 'That's it, let's get out of here, I've seen enough. He's better than anyone on our team.'"
edwood94
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:23 pm    Post subject:

Spirit wrote:

SCAR
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:24 pm    Post subject:

edwood94 wrote:
Laker_Behemoth wrote:
[You're acting quite ridiculous / Count me out of your little pity party./We had a bad game. Say it with me. A bad game.

Seriously, guys. Some of you need to chill out. If you disagree, no problem, speak, don´t attack people who don´t think in the same way you do. I´m not a kid. I´m 33 and I´ve seen tons of basketball, I don´t need to repeat anything with you,but maybe you need to watch last season´s finals again and you´ll see my point.

NO, we lost because we didn't play defense in the finals...that's it... the offense is fine.... that's why we have star players, to make shots down the stretch when the other people on the team are sucking it up.... they had kobe one on one against either a.c. or kenyon, i'll take that matchup offensively every single time... and so will phil.... we won, go have a beer!
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:26 pm    Post subject:

If a team has a shorter Anthony Carter trying to guard Kobe Bryant one on one, why wouldn't you exploit it?
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject:

Spirit wrote:

I just realized that its Indy/Boston weekend this game and tomorrow's football game.
jordanplusone
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject:

Spirit wrote:

in double digits too...hmm...
Killakobe81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject:

edwood94 wrote:
Lakers 4 eva wrote:

Not true Kobe didnt come in until almost teh 7 min mark Phil gave others the opportunity to step up but overall they did not ...but Fish hit some big shots and Gasol made some good plays even if he didnt score late ...I also agree 1st half I was abit nervous because we looked flat but when Denver ouldnt pull away by the end of the 3rd ...I knew we had those cats ...

I don't like the fact that he has to bail us out of a game since we're supposed to be this offensive juggernaught but hey nights like these happen when nothing goes right and you're main guy has to bail you out.

Did Gasol play like crap? He did not receive more than a pair of passes in the 2 final quarters. OK, we won, but I hate the way we did it. We can NOT rely on a single player for 12 minutes!! If , in the third game of the season, when we face our first problem, Phil tells the team "hey, guys, now, errrr, well, Kobe will shoot every shot in the last 12 minutes", then we are in serious trouble. What will we do on the playoffs? Give him the ball to solve a tied game in the last, what, 24 minutes? I´m seriously dissapointed.
Tony Almeida
Retired

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: Re: *** LAKERS @ NUGGETS 11/1 Game Thread ***

Tony Almeida wrote:
Final score prediction:

Lakers - 267
Nuggets - 78

Give or take.

Close.

Give or take a few points.

Last edited by Tony Almeida on Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Killakobe81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:48 pm    Post subject:

I disagree with those that said Kobe took over the whole 4th Kobe did not re-enter the game with under 8 mins left on the clock ... in the 4th and AFTER Denver cut our lead down ...we shot under 40% as a team that is HORRIBLE for us so Kobe did what Kobe does he stepped up and led us to a win ...I think the key for us is to secure HCA ... it will help us against Boston if we both make it to the Finals and it also helps us because the the 2nd and 3rd seeded Western teams will have hellacious matchups to get to a Finals ...overall im please I'm GLAD we did NOT blow them out ...funny thing i was mad we tipped a lot of boards instead of grabbing them but we DESTROYED them on the boards ...and as much shots we missed outside we did get to the fT line ...overall pleased
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:48 pm    Post subject:

Lakers have 5 players in foul trouble at half time after lots of bad calls. They are on the road against a team that made the playoffs last year. Yet they outscore their opponents by 13 in the second half and win going away. I'll take it any day.

If you think the Lakers are going to sweep everybody by 20+ points, you're wrong. I'm pleased that they had the poise to pull off a come from behind win on the road.
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:51 pm    Post subject:

Spirit wrote:

Advantage Lakers for home court ...
raffi
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:54 pm    Post subject:

hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:57 pm    Post subject:

Kobe took over late in the 4th on the road.

Why is this a problem??

That's why we're lucky to have him.

Every game isn't gonna be like the first 2. I know it's hard for some of you to believe, but other teams are gonna put up a fight sometimes, especially when they're at home. And our guys aren't always gonna have their best stuff with them, especially when they're on the road.
kcxiv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:

Why is this a problem??

Every game isn't gonna be like the first 2. I know it's hard for some of you to believe, but other teams are gonna put up a fight sometimes, especially when they're at home. And our guys aren't always gonna have their best stuff with them, especially when they're on the road.
Yep, i agree. Its not like the Nuggest are a pushover of a team. They have some real basketball players on that team.

Lakers just cant blow everyone out by 30 points.
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:

Why is this a problem??

No problems. Just whiners.
24KaratGold
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:57 pm    Post subject:

We won which is great, but we're definitely not perfect. There's some things we need to work on, but I'm sure Phil will get it done.
HisAirness24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:00 pm    Post subject:

We got a win, that's the most important thing.
chilake24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:13 am    Post subject:

Laker_Behemoth wrote:
Only on LG do people complain about Kobe taking over late in the game. Incredible.

or they are antilakers fans?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39
Page 39 of 39
Jump to: