Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 32, 33, 34  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MedRomLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:42 pm    Post subject:

Carlos Lehder wrote:
MedRomLaker wrote:
"I was decent I can do better.. I NEED to do better...need to get my timing back" -Bynum

Hope so. getting punked by guys like Kevin Lyde is not a good look.

agreed, but I believe in Bynum he'll get back into form

Master)v(ind wrote:
am i the only one that doesnt really care about Lakers losing this game

na I'm with you, its just pre-season, that's what its for,getting all the rooks and kinks out.

4/30/14 the day the ant left the building!!!!!!
dino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:42 pm    Post subject:

anyone catch that game by the way? the blazers one? how was oden?
SQUAD UP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:44 pm    Post subject:

I'll take my chances on Bynum when the Lakers play Portland. Oden is still young to the game, he's gonna be very foul prone starting off the bat, like most young bigs are. I wouldn't be surprised if Pryzbilla played more minutes in that game than Oden.
parson33
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:48 pm    Post subject:

Looks like Oden played well. Neither are in shape though.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/4243/photos/im:urn:newsml:sports.yahoo,getty:20050301:nba,photo,d901b91995e688bffbe1abc786a7d334-getty-83019883sf019_kings_blazers:1
KB824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject:

L.Odom 3pts 5rebs 2sts 20mins
Compare that to ariza
T.Ariza 10pts 5 rebs 1ast 30mins

Whose better right now I say ariza and his jumpshot looked good I think Ariza does deserve the start. They both got the same rebounds ariza had one less assist but had 10pts in 10 more mins of play. I don't think odom would have gotten 10pts in this game.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:51 pm    Post subject:

parson33 wrote:
Looks like Oden played well. Neither are in shape though.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/4243/photos/im:urn:newsml:sports.yahoo,getty:20050301:nba,photo,d901b91995e688bffbe1abc786a7d334-getty-83019883sf019_kings_blazers:1

13/5 in 20 minutes... but who knows what that means. Bynum had 15/8 in 24 minutes, but got those stats relatively quietly.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
sAM sHILE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:51 pm    Post subject:

dino wrote:
what personnel changes are you talking about? rambis pretty much played the regulars the whole 3rd and that happens to be the quarter the jazz took the lead for good...

anybody who has watched odom play knows his supposed "strength" - his versatility - is also his greatest liability...at least pippen was a killer on defense...

Wake up bro! 15 players played. 6 played more minutes than Odom. The bench played 138 minutes! Ya personal changes!
Odom played 3 positions. an experimental preseaon game and you sound tight. try ice cream it helps.

A.Bynum 24:00
J.Farmar 21:58
V.Radmanovic 21:24
C.Mihm 13:59
C.Karl 13:16
J.Powell 12:46
C.Giles 12:00
B.Heath 08:42
J.Crawford 05:43
D.Mbenga 05:09
dino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:56 pm    Post subject:

it's not the minutes - it's what you do with them that count...

odom had a horrid streth in the 3rd where he wasn;t doing anything positive on offense and was getting killed on the other end by millsap...

those 6 players who got more minute, how many had better stats in that period? how many made better use of the time they got? id' cut odom slack if i at least saw him tyring to initiate the tri and trying to get involved - nada...

yeah, odom played 3 positions and showed he wasn't particularly a standout in either one...
sAM sHILE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:58 pm    Post subject:

dino wrote:
it's not the minutes - it's what you do with them that count...

odom had a horrid streth in the 3rd where he wasn;t doing anything positive on offense and was getting killed on the other end by millsap...

those 6 players who got more minute, how many had better stats in that period? how many made better use of the time they got? id' cut odom slack if i at least saw him tyring to initiate the tri and trying to get involved - nada...

yeah, odom played 3 positions and showed he wasn't particularly a standout in either one...
we werent talking bout stats it was about personal changes try staying on the subject bro.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:58 pm    Post subject:

KB824 wrote:
Compare that to ariza

Whose better right now I say ariza and his jumpshot looked good I think Ariza does deserve the start. They both got the same rebounds ariza had one less assist but had 10pts in 10 more mins of play. I don't think odom would have gotten 10pts in this game.

Sure, let's give Ariza the starting slot based on the first pre-season game.
AirKB24
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject:

I dont think Lamar is trying to pad his stats and please fans statistically right now. He's trying to get comfortable and find is spots with the ball a lot more in his hands now. I think some fans over analyze Lamar to much.

Bynum put up nice stats, buy if im Doc Rivers and the Boston Celtics and im watching this game im not impressed. My strategy would be the same as when Boston played the Lakers last season. Simple stay on Bynum and take away his cheap buckets and make him create his own shot. He might make 1 or 2 on his own, but majority of the time when he has to create its a major struggle.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:01 pm    Post subject:

AirKB24 wrote:
Bynum put up nice stats, buy if im Doc Rivers and the Boston Celtics and im watching this game im not impressed. My strategy would be the same as when Boston played the Lakers last season. Simple stay on Bynum and take away his cheap buckets and make him create his own shot. He might make 1 or 2 on his own, but majority of the time when he has to create its a major struggle.

The Lakers looked a jv team tonight... no one would be impressed with anyone on the Lakers (except maybe Gasol)... that's why its pre-season.

king255
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject:

Bynum struggled when he forced it against double-teams, he didn't struggle when it was single-coverage. That said, you're right. If I'm Doc, I'm not impressed, not with the way we played D.
LVLAKERFAN
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:10 pm    Post subject:

So Bynum plays his 1st real game in the last 9 months after his knee surgery. His timing was a little off, he looked a little tired and he's still 20 years old.

But, he still had game high honors in Points and Rebounds. He's also shown us he has more range than last year.

Props to Bynum.

This is what the preseason is for.

Get the Rust out.
AD/MORRIS/DUDLEY
GASOL/HARRELL/TINKLE
Coachs:Vogel/Kidd
KB824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:12 pm    Post subject:

I'm not just talking about the stats. Ariza outplayed him and seemed to be more insync with the team
Laker_Behemoth
Star Player
Star Player

The amount of overzealous reaction to this first preseason game of the year is ridiculous. Unbelievable. Talk of "Doc Rivers knows he can beat us again" and "[Insert player name here] won't fit with this squad" because of an exhibition match.
"After watching Bryant and Cooper go at it for about 10 minutes West stood up, nodded at two team public-relations men he'd brought with him, and snapped, 'That's it, let's get out of here, I've seen enough. He's better than anyone on our team.'"
SlimJerz24
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

Socks wrote:
KB824 wrote:
Compare that to ariza

Sure, let's give Ariza the starting slot based on the first pre-season game.

Im ready to insert Ariza into the starting lineup and its has nothing to do with the first preseason game. Its bcuz he is a more consistant jump shooter he plays much better defense and by the way can guard multiple postions...We need to trade Odom asap bcuz he is not getting any better nor is he workin on his game to become a better player.
Carlos Lehder
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject:

Still no one on this team besides Kobe who can create their own shot.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:19 pm    Post subject:

Carlos Lehder wrote:

I guess we were watching a different Jordan Farmar, Andrew Bynum, and Pau Gasol.

tripleocho
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject:

Bynum had a bad matchup because he had to guard Okur in the perimeter, but he did get beat by lyde too though.

He will have better defensive matchups against the likes of Tyson, Oden, and Perkins.

I am just afraid of Odom because if he gets benched i think he will play worse and lower his trade value. He's not mentally a tough basketball player. But then again 14 mil expiring will attract somebody.
Carlos Lehder
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
Carlos Lehder wrote:

I guess we were watching a different Jordan Farmar, Andrew Bynum, and Pau Gasol.

I guess so. Nobody fears those players off the dribble.
king255
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:23 pm    Post subject:

Carlos Lehder wrote:

Bynum looks like he could create own shots very well to me, and that's even without his athleticism. Like I said, it's too bad that his athleticism wasn't there. If it was, it would have been unlike anything we've ever seen before. No way, AK, much less Okur, would have been able to block him like that.
chubby_1_kenobi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject:

I was impressed with Bynum. True, his hops haven't returned yet but his soft touch is still there (no homo). That truly is a rare and sought after commodity among 7 footers in the NBA.

Here's why Bynum didn't look dominant in tonight's game (and you guys can watch the game again on Tivo to see what I'm talking about):

The Lakers didn't run a single pick and roll play with Bynum and Kobe. Not-a-single-one. The strategy for this game are:
1. Let our big men post up
2. Force the fastbreak

Obviously I'm not happy with the result but I see this as a step forward to utilizing our big advantage in the low post. A ballsy move by the coaching staff to implement this strategy imo.

Bynum is good, real good but he obviously is not ready to be 1st option on offense. He didn't get his timing on the post and re-post up yet, didn't recognize the cutters, didn't recognize double team and didn't know how to get the ball out when he's trapped.
With his teammates so careless with the ball, there's really not much chance of him to dominate the paint and get any rhythm going because there were too many running up and down the court to prevent fastbreak from the other team.

All in all, Bynum is doing really well for his 1st game after injury. He added a nifty jumper to his arsenal which can only benefit him and Gasol when they're playing together.

PS: Phil needs to teach our guards to pass the ball back to Bynum on the repost. At least on 3 separate occasions, I saw they failed to recognize that Bynum wanted the ball back and swing in side to side instead.
SlimJerz24
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject:

Carlos Lehder wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
Carlos Lehder wrote:

I guess so. Nobody fears those players off the dribble.

The triangle is not best used when ppl are creating their own shots its an offense that works when each player is playing their role, we will be fine
SQUAD UP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:31 pm    Post subject:

AirKB24 wrote:
I dont think Lamar is trying to pad his stats and please fans statistically right now. He's trying to get comfortable and find is spots with the ball a lot more in his hands now. I think some fans over analyze Lamar to much.

It'll be a hell of alot different once we have Kobe Gasol and Bynum on the floor at the same time. KG can't cheat off Gasol to Help Perkins with Bynum, Gasol would bury open Jumpers all day. You cheat off Bynum, and it's a easy dunk. Bynum and Gasol are good passers. It's gonna be a pick your poison type of affair when teams play the Lakers.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 33 of 34
Jump to: