CELTICS -at- LAKERS - 6/12 - Thoughts and :-(( Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KB0024
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:52 pm    Post subject:

Thanks DB for doing all the work, I feel you...

I tiVo the game but after the first 2nd half possession I fast forward to a tie game. I felt like someone had punched me in the stomach.
jaidai
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject:

Tears are a flowin'. I hate the celtics. I hate the celtics. And thing that bothers me more than anything is we have better, more athletic players then the celtics. ugh!

http://www.hierosites.com
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject:

Magic'sSon wrote:
L33T kObE8 wrote:
first? YEAH!!! second to DB, but that counts, hooray.

Even I can do my usual first!, second!, 8th! thingy here dude. I am absolutely fuming.

My bad. I plowed through this one quick and caught you off guard. Don't blame yourself.
Mr. EiGhTy-OnE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:59 pm    Post subject:

Siguy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:12 pm    Post subject:

Well, I just finished eating a pint of ice cream and three in-n-out burgers and I feel a lot better.

What was so killer was the lead and the expectations. I always thought we'd lose this series. I was convinced the Celtics were the better team, but what made things so painful was the way everyone in the media treated them like the underdogs and chose us to win easily. I'm not gonna get over this for a long time, but my massive pigging out has at least filled the hole in my soul long enough that I can get some perspective, take a deep breath, and say that despite the fact that I nearly lost my mind and considered stabbing a Celtic fan to death in Staples with my Lakers' car flag, this isn't the most important or worst thing ever to happen. Just a bad bad sports moment.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:19 pm    Post subject:

Siguy wrote:
Well, I just finished eating a pint of ice cream and three in-n-out burgers and I feel a lot better.

Damn, three in-n-out. Why didn't I think of that?

I guess I will have to fill that emptiness in my soul with my love for you guys.

Damn, you Boston.
TooCool
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:22 pm    Post subject:

Yes. The Lakers choked... and choked bad.

But I'm pissed at how the refs did get the Celtics back in the game in the 3rd quarter. 3 FOULS by KG that were not called. That would have had him fouled out. Obviously the officials didn't want to keep him out of the game, but they couldn't at least call 1 or 2? That's weak stuff.

Paul Pierce getting those weak fouls called in his favor in the 4th? What happened to home team calls?

Could this be the Stern reversal? He doesn't want the series to go 6-7 anymore, because of the conspiracies. So he's reversing it.

This Lakers choke is definitely overshadowing what the refs did and didn't do.

We played great in the 1st half, when it was called evenly. We all know that, from the Game Day Thread.

Bottom line, no excuses for the Lakers to stop making baskets as the refs and the Celtics slowly crept up behind. We had a big enough lead to prevent all that. Just so damn frustrating to watch. We pour way too much emotion for this team.
jaidai
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:22 pm    Post subject:

Well I am not going to say we are done till were done and there is absolutely no chance to get another point until next season.

That said, I have to agree w/Siguy. I started this season thinking we were not championship ready until next year. I looked at us finally getting out the first round and maybe making it to the conf finals.

I am pissed right now. This team made me believe they could win a championship when they beat down the jazz and dethroned the Spurs. They better come with some pride on sunday and at least win on our own floor.

I know they can win the next 3, I still feel they are the better team, but pray that know it too!

jaidai
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:24 pm    Post subject:

TooCool wrote:
Paul Pierce getting those weak fouls called in his favor in the 4th? What happened to home team calls?

I agree with you on that one, especially the one where pierce completely flopped on Kobe at the top of the key.

but with that said, The Lakers gave away this game, not the refs.

City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:24 pm    Post subject:

In and Out is overrated, IMO.

Or maybe the In and Out i go to just sucks.

Ugh,

!...
PopcornMachine
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:26 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:

Just knew it. Just saw it coming.

I guess it's part of the growing process for some of these guys. I don't know.

Michael Thompson, who is saying more and more stupid things as time passes, stated at the end of the game "Now we will see what these Lakers are made of".

We just did Michael. They are good but increadibly inconsistent team. Can't win a championship playing like that.

It's enough to drive a man to drink. Wish I could join you DB.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakersfreak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:32 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:

I'm exhausted. I pounded this out and will clean it up later. Going to enjoy a stiff drink or two...

Yeah, this could not have been an easy T & R to write, thx 4 the effort.
KBryantisclutch
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:39 pm    Post subject: Re: CELTICS -at- LAKERS - 6/12 - Thoughts and :-(( Ratings

DancingBarry wrote:
when they went up with the largest first-quarter lead in Finals history, you knew it was going to be a long, long game

This will go down as one of those ESPN Classic games where Laker fans turn off the tube when it comes on.
Enough said.

yes you did.

That's terrible
KBryantisclutch
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:45 pm    Post subject:

PopcornMachine wrote:

It's enough to drive a man to drink.

Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:45 pm    Post subject:

I've been telling my wife I could handle losing to Boston if it is a clean reffed game and they are the better team. I won't like it, but I can handle it.

Well, I can handle the loss. Boston is the better team. I just can't watch anymore though. Tonight hurt to bad. I think I'm done watching until 10/31/08.

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/addicusbrown
Magic'sSon
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:49 pm    Post subject:

Brand New wrote:
i cried when sasha was crying i hate the celtics with a passion.

Where was Sasha crying at Brand New?? On the bench..in the press conf??
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:50 pm    Post subject:

I am handling this loss better than game 2's loss... this one saddens me because we've lost to a better team. Game 2 angered me, because I felt a game was stolen from us.

In the end, I am left with questions that will never be answered... what if game 2 was ref'd fairly? What if Kobe brought his A game to this series as he had done against the Spurs? What if we actually kept our lead and won game 3?

Maybe one day someone will write a fiction story based on those questions, but for now, I can only imagine what could have been.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
BBallGuru
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:51 pm    Post subject:

Lets play for pride now. We cant let them get the trophy in our house. After that see what happens. Just worry about winning the next game. When you put the mentality as just winning one game not 3 in a row, the 3-1 lead doesnt sound so bad.

Either way, I'm proud of my Lakers. Gave us a great season regardless of what happens in next 1-3 games. We struggled against a good veteran defensive team. I still think its all mental with us. As we showed in 1st half we can play Laker-style game against their so-called vaunted D. We just couldnt sustain it when Doc went small. It'd have worked great with Rondo/Perk... but Posey/House killed us. Its funny I wanted to pick up both Posey and PJ badly over the summer.

We'll re-tool. I am a huge LO fan but I understand many of the fans calling for his trade this summer. I, for one, would like to atleast give him half a season. If we struggle then trade him at Deadline. Luke and/or Vlad gotta go. Signing Sasha is important. Yes, his defense still needs work. He can be instant offense from bench. Maybe 3-4mil for 3yrs.

Love my Lakers! Never been more proud of being a Laker fan!

GO LAKERS!
Sister Golden Hair
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:03 pm    Post subject:

I got so upset uring the third that I started hoping they'd lose becaus emaybe this loss will brand itself into their collective psyche and the same crap doesn't ever happen again. This isn't the first time they've done this; it's a pattern that has remaind unchanged over the course of the year. Youd think they would have "got it" by now, but obviously they haven't.

Thos series has a lot of first. For unambiguosly stoeln game (by the refs in game 2). ameltdown of 24 points 9avoidable). An entire frontcourt disappearing for games on end 9pau, lamar and rad). one could go on and on.

But as a fan, as a fan of this team, I just hate watching stupid lazy basketball. I could accept this better if the game was tight all the way and they just got beat by the better team. but to give it away? To have the prefect storm of laissez faire coaching combined with dumb-as rocks execution and zero attitude and determination ... it's just too much.

I still say PJ carries the brunt of the blame. WHy sit lamar when he;'s hot (for the first time in forever)/ That's the tactic PJ usually resevres for rad. And it's a bas tactic for rad as well. maybe PJ figures that he he has to toughen them up and the wy to do that is to teach them to play at a high level consistently, no matter how "hot" they are. All well and good. But this is the fleet, man. Play-tiome is over. it's do or die and at this point ypu ride your horses till they drop.

I didn't see that urgency. i saw smugness. lack of respect for your opponent. carelessness. And an inability to see the job through and instead quit about halfway.

I really lost a lot of respect for this team because tonite they showed that they really haven't learned all that much (even as they've gotten more talented). Give Boston credit for hanging in there and not quitting. But don't give tham all the credit because the lakers gave thos one away.

SGH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:06 pm    Post subject:

thanks, DB, more than ever...
one of the worst performances i ever saw, and one of the worst coaching i ever saw... knowing that we can win only if we play transition, our coach let the celtcis play transition and kill us when they began to play small and he didn't have any reaction... with the line up with rad as sf, we have not a powerful play and we have not a running play... and then our offensive spacing was awful, letting their shooters wide open was totally masochist... the players were bad, but their coach was unbelievably worse...
X56
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:20 pm    Post subject:

HI DB,

Would you say that of all the T&R, this got to be the toughest to write?

Its been hours after but I still feel that someone ripped my heart, its such a tough tough loss especially with what was at stake.

I always try to keep things positive and go as far in thinking that maybe the only way to overcome this loss is to win 3 in a row and rip the hearts of the Celtics but right now, there's not just a lot of positive juices flowing.

I am still at work but couldn't keep my head right so I decided to go to LG and be with my fellow Laker fans. Damn, i can imagine the Celtics choke but the Lakers?

If we can manage to win game 5 and then steal game 6. Winning the title it may still be possible. One game at a time though.

Lets go Lakers!
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:34 pm    Post subject:

X56 wrote:

Would you say that of all the T&R, this got to be the toughest to write?

Yes. There was another in that might have been harder to write, but that was for personal reasons and nothing to do with the team.

Also, when Bynum went down in January that was like a punch in the gut. The next few games after that lost their spark, for sure.

It's funny, we had an 18-point lead or whatever at halftime tonight and I didn't want to finish the write up then. I was ready to have Mrs. DB tell me the score when it was over, but I decided it would be too painful to have to watch an entire half if we lost. So, I did the third quarter and was planning to stop then and catch up later, but decided to plow through it for the fourth.

I think just knowing this team...you know they always make things "too interesting"... so you could see it coming. A big lead is their worst enemy some times.
Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:44 pm    Post subject:

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
I got so upset uring the third that I started hoping they'd lose becaus emaybe this loss will brand itself into their collective psyche and the same crap doesn't ever happen again. This isn't the first time they've done this; it's a pattern that has remaind unchanged over the course of the year. Youd think they would have "got it" by now, but obviously they haven't.

Thos series has a lot of first. For unambiguosly stoeln game (by the refs in game 2). ameltdown of 24 points 9avoidable). An entire frontcourt disappearing for games on end 9pau, lamar and rad). one could go on and on.

But as a fan, as a fan of this team, I just hate watching stupid lazy basketball. I could accept this better if the game was tight all the way and they just got beat by the better team. but to give it away? To have the prefect storm of laissez faire coaching combined with dumb-as rocks execution and zero attitude and determination ... it's just too much.

I still say PJ carries the brunt of the blame. WHy sit lamar when he;'s hot (for the first time in forever)/ That's the tactic PJ usually resevres for rad. And it's a bas tactic for rad as well. maybe PJ figures that he he has to toughen them up and the wy to do that is to teach them to play at a high level consistently, no matter how "hot" they are. All well and good. But this is the fleet, man. Play-tiome is over. it's do or die and at this point ypu ride your horses till they drop.

I didn't see that urgency. i saw smugness. lack of respect for your opponent. carelessness. And an inability to see the job through and instead quit about halfway.

I really lost a lot of respect for this team because tonite they showed that they really haven't learned all that much (even as they've gotten more talented). Give Boston credit for hanging in there and not quitting. But don't give tham all the credit because the lakers gave thos one away.

SGH

I saw contentment, then panic. The Celtics brought that scrappy veteran lineup and started playing nice ball on both ends.

Ball movement ceased. Rotations on defense were too late.

Screw it. Boston straight out played better. For real. They did. We choked, but they had a lot to do with it. They owned the boards the entire second half.

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/addicusbrown
X56
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:45 pm    Post subject:

Well at least you still had the will/heart to do the T&R, I am just in a mess right now that I don't think I would be able to do it if I were on your shoes. Well, still hoping against hope to see 3 more in your threads. Thanks DB!
kups
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:57 pm    Post subject:

Sister Golden Hair wrote:

that's what i saw out there, too.

biggest meltdown of the season and it happened against the celtics.. sigh.

i hope our team has some fight left & take this one game at a time, one could hope.

thanks for the recap DB.
#2 Lonzo
#28 Derrick White, Jordan Bell, Deonte Burton
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: