*** LAKERS vs. SPURS Game 2 Thread 5/23 - Sponsored by Jacked.com ***
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
curtains
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 9:54 am    Post subject: *** LAKERS vs. SPURS Game 2 Thread 5/23 - Sponsored by Jacked.com ***

Hi

If you really think about it , the team that needs to make adjustments is lakers, not spurs.

Lakers are blessed with having kobe, but how many times did we win a playoff game , by just expecting kobe to win .

This year, we have been dominant because kobe is not the only game plan.

Getting sick of hearing Spurs need to make adjustments....
Brynum
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 10:33 am    Post subject:

Make Odom come off the bench and start Sasha.
Cardom
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 10:35 am    Post subject:

Lakers adjustments are simple.

1) Get Fisher to shoot better than 10%

2) Get Odom to shoot better than 10%

3) Kobe is aggressive for full 48 min.

No rebounds.... No rings - Pat Riley

We have to get some players that have that kind of aggressiveness that we need. - Phil Jackson
hi_ma
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 10:39 am    Post subject:

just do what we've done post pau trade and we should all sleep nicely tonight, sunday night, tuesday night..

Cant stop the unstoppable.

The lakers will get prince.
xtrememode
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 10:49 am    Post subject:

The Spurs only have 3 plays in their arsenal. Throw the ball to the post, Duncan waits for the double and kicks it out for the 3. Same with Parker and Ginobili. Drive and kick out for the open 3. The Spurs have a bunch of over-the-hill good for nothing 35 yr olds hanging around the arc ready to launch because they can't do anything else. We just need to stay home on the 3's. Let the big 3 have theres. And Phil needs to give Ariza some burn. Stick him on Manu or Parker.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 11:08 am    Post subject:

Cardom wrote:

That pretty much sums it up. Fish and Odom need to find their shots within the offense, and Kobe needs to be an aggressive facilitator in the first half. Defensively, the Lakers need to continue to neutralize Manu and deny easy penetration while preventing too many open looks from 3...
Dennis_D
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 11:18 am    Post subject:

The Lakers made their adjustments in the second half:
* Play Sasha on Ginobili
* Give Farmar minutes on Parker and have Fisher play when Vaughn is in
* More aggressive team D on Parker on the pick-and-roll
* Pau play better D against TD
* Kobe be aggressive offensively instead of testing the Spurs defense
pacificpassion
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 11:24 am    Post subject:

Key is always defense. I'm not worried about scoring. Stop the dribble drive, that's all.
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 11:46 am    Post subject:

Cardom wrote:

exactamundo.
LakerElite
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 11:50 am    Post subject:

Give Ariza some minutes....
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 12:11 pm    Post subject: *** LAKERS vs. SPURS Game 2 Thread 5/23 - Sponsored by Jacked.com

LakersGround is proud to have Jacked.com sponsor our game threads. While you are online right now and watching the game, log in to Jacked.com and access the Jacked SportsTop.

The Jacked SportsTop is an enhanced sports news experience, delivering real-time game stats, photos, news, links to analysis, and the ability to connect with other fans. Jacked puts you in control, so you can make the call, customizing the widgets and content for your personalized dashboard. You can even view news, images, and stats for multiple games via multiple dashboards and save them for the next time you watch that sport or that team.

LG BONUS: Jacked will pay LG for every member who registers on Jacked.com and uses "LG" at the end of their Jacked user name. So, be sure to support LG! Registration at Jacked is Free.

Check out Jacked.com now!

Note: Live Chat is available if you use the "Smack Talk" widget during the game.

{edit by alpha: sorry my merge bumped your post down DB.. I increased the font size in hopes that it will allow it to stand out more. }
wildcat
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 12:14 pm    Post subject:

This is the scouting report posted on lakers.com by one of the assistant coaches:

What’s the first rule when you’re in a hole? STOP DIGGING! Fortunately for us, we stopped digging the hole in the middle of the third quarter of game one when it got to 20 points. Throughout the latter part of this season the Spurs had some dry spells offensively in most of their games. We were able to capitalize on their dry spell late in the third quarter and get back to a margin that allowed us to play to win in the fourth quarter. Suffice it to say we would prefer not to flirt with disaster against this team again.

One of the areas that we need to improve in Game 2 is our low post defense on Tim Duncan. When the Spurs go their tried & true “4 DOWN” call and post up Duncan on the left block we need to make sure all five defenders are on the same page. As we pointed out in the previous report, we know that over the course of the game and over the course of the series we will have to use a variety of defensive coverages, it is imperative that everyone knows what the plan is at all times.

When Duncan passes out of a double team we also have to do a better job when the Spurs show the patience of a champion and dump the ball back into him. His re-posts hurt us in Game 1.

Late in game 1 the Spurs ran their “LOOP RUB” play for Ginobili a few times. In this play Ginobili cuts to the top/middle and receives the pass. A big man (usually Duncan) will then step up there and set the screen and roll. We know this is a critical action for them and we did a pretty good job dealing with it in game 1. However, we also know that Ginobili will play better than he did in game 1 so we must be ready to step up our intensity and communication.

Finally, as will always be the case against the Spurs, we need to get back to the level of the ball in transition to minimize Parker’s easy buckets. Much like we did in the first round against Denver, all five need to sprint back and build a wall to stop penetration. As San Antonio flows into their early pick and roll game we need to adjust a little quicker to get to the right spots defensively.

We survived a scare in game 1 but we know that to the Spurs game 1 is ancient history. They have too many veterans to let that game bleed over into this one. A split on the road is what they came here hoping for and we must increase our energy and effort for 48 minutes in order to hold court.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 12:17 pm    Post subject:

hi_ma wrote:
just do what we've done post pau trade and we should all sleep nicely tonight, sunday night, tuesday night..

me and Hi_ma have been in complete agreement for way to many times in the last few days. the world is coming to an end. but yet again, I agree with Hi_Ma.
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 12:17 pm    Post subject:

hi_ma wrote:

for about the 4th time, I agree.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 12:18 pm    Post subject:

spurs adjustments:

-Heal up Manu's ankle
-put sasha in foul trouble early, even though he's playing the exact same defense as game 1.
-Gino goes right(yeah right, i want to see this).
Cedceb
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 12:47 pm    Post subject: Anybody else got a bad feeling about the game?

I dunno what it is, just have a bad feeling about this game.......

Too many fans talking too much smack?
Kobe saying he can turn it on whenever he wants?
Are we gonna feel comfortable playing from behind b/c of Game 1?

I remember after Horry rattled out the 3 against the Spurs in the WCF a few years back, remember we had made a great 4th Q comeback in that game, everyone thought San An was in trouble, though they were up 3-2 heading back to Staples, and we just came out overconfident, played out of sync, and got it handed to us.

This is a Coach Pop team, they sure as hell ain't gonna be rattled or quit or whatever else.

We freakin need to come out SMOKING tonite. I SURE hope I'm wrong about this, but this game concerns me more than any other game so far in the playoffs. It's going to be a BATTLE tonite.
hi_ma
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Anybody else got a bad feeling about the game?

Cedceb wrote:

Too many fans talking too much smack?-We dont suit up
Kobe saying he can turn it on whenever he wants?-He can
Are we gonna feel comfortable playing from behind b/c of Game 1?-We have been a second half team all year and we have far more talent

The lakers will get prince.
24KaratGold
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 1:29 pm    Post subject:

Just had the crappiest day ever. Hopefully the Lakers can change that
Rigged4fun
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 1:41 pm    Post subject:

Lamar I believe was overly excited in the first game. It showed when he missed all those layups. I think his concentration was broken by his nerves. Hopefully tonights's game he'll be ok. Fish was due for a poor shooting game. It happens, look at Ray Allen. He'll do fine tonight. I still believe Sasha should come off the bench to guard Manu. If he starts I believe he'll get in foul trouble early and we'll lose his aggressiveness at the end of the game.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
ignardlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 2:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Anybody else got a bad feeling about the game?

hi_ma wrote:
Cedceb wrote:

Too many fans talking too much smack?-We dont suit up
Kobe saying he can turn it on whenever he wants?-He can
Are we gonna feel comfortable playing from behind b/c of Game 1?-We have been a second half team all year and we have far more talent

as if the spurs have been greata in the third quarters lately, didnt the hornets blow them out in the 3rd quarter of most games in NO....
and i agree kobe can turn it on
Murdock
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 2:18 pm    Post subject:

I no longer hate, or even dislike the Spurs anymore. My hatred has been replaced by a deep pity for the Spurs and their fans. I know it's difficult to watch a "Dynasty" crumble and die. They're crumbling into NBA irrelevance. Soon, they'll be right back among the Milwaukee Bucks and Toronto Raptors of the league. Their future is very grim with an aging and obviously completely and utterly overmatched roster full of nba has-beens and also-rans.

Tim Duncan's days of being mentioned among the NBA elite quickly coming to a close. In fact an argument can be made that it already has. He's merely good now, but rarely ever mentioned in the same breath with the Kobe Bryants and Chris Pauls of the league.

Bitter days are on the horizon for Spurs fan. Their future is basking in past glory, while ours will be battling with the Portlands and Utah's and New Orleans of the conference for dominaton. Don't hate the Spurs or their fans, Pity them.

It would really suck to be them right now
Nemesis_24_
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 3:53 pm    Post subject: TNT Overtime Live Coverage

TNT OT is having a live stream of the game on its website. The live feeds are showing some of the Lakers and Spurs warming up.

http://209.44.113.149/cgi-bin/link.pl?l=UP4oHKOO
AceOfSpaDeZ
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 3:56 pm    Post subject:

This is actually pretty cool , thanks
manofpeace
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 3:56 pm    Post subject:

thanks! something to do at work, finally.
"I have missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I have lost almost 300 games. I have been entrusted to take the game winning shot, and I missed. I have failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is precisely why I succeed."

-MJ
Sojo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 3:58 pm    Post subject:

Is that Ariza out there at the three right now?

*Whoever it is...they're stroking it!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61  Next
Page 1 of 61
Jump to: