Notification in a thread in which a merge was performed

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> User Feedback / Report a Bug Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KBryantisclutch
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 7:04 pm    Post subject: Notification in a thread in which a merge was performed

I think it would be nice if when a thread gets merged to another thread. . .the first post of the thread that was merged should clarify that it was merged. We had a nice going in an "Overrated Garnett" topic. . .but one may have no idea that it started in a seperate thread.
If a thread I started was merged, I would just edit the post letting it be known.
Just a thought.
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 7:53 pm    Post subject:

That's exactly what happens when a thread is merged.
KBryantisclutch
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 8:09 pm    Post subject:

Exick wrote:
That's exactly what happens when a thread is merged.

I may not have explained it properly. The original thread does indicate that the thread is being merged, but I'm talking about the final thread in which the thread has been merged to. Sometimes, many threads get merged into one big thread that has 10 pages. Most of the time it is the Piss and Moan thread which I don't really read. That big thread is what I'm talking about. That 10 page thread which has several posts where a few of those scattered posts were an original post to a certain thread. But, it all gets meshed in together so I guess that is the whole point of merging. . .it's all one topic now.
A mod shouldn't have to be responsible for that though. If the one who started the thread would like to edit what was an original post but now somewhere in the middle of page 9, they can go right ahead.
Just a thought I had. No problem or anything. . .just a suggestion. It actually is more for the OPs who get their threads merged.
Alpha

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 11:37 am    Post subject:

lol, I know what thread you are talking about... found it quite humorous myself ... -----> ... classic.

When I have the time and see it beneficial, I try to edit the original post (of a merged thread) to include something like "{Pre-merged Thread Title: ____}"... but like you mentioned, it does get a bit tedious at times.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> User Feedback / Report a Bug All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: