LAKERS -at- NUGGETS - 4/26 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sleepy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:43 am    Post subject:

EDIT: Some pics from the game....

Ariza taking some practice 3's during warm-ups (he hit 5 in a row while I was watching)
Kobe taking a shot (but he missed this one)
Kobe pwning the Nuggets logo
The Sugarhill Gang finale at half time
Trajan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:32 am    Post subject:

Loving the way the Lakers are handling this series. After seeing so many teams, including the Celts today, lose game 3 on the road after being 2 up, I was thrilled to see the Lakers come out with the right mentality and crush this team.

Lakers are doing it and doing it right. Handle your business on Monday and get some extra rest before Utah comes to town.
Laker7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:34 am    Post subject:

Really liked the way MBenga stepped in to give Pau a break. Nothing great but nothing bad either. Great late season pick up.
LongtimeLakerLover
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:45 am    Post subject: Re: LAKERS -at- NUGGETS - 4/26 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings

DancingBarry wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:

Vujacic -- -- Sasha harnesses powers of irritation like some kind of superhero or villian, depending upon your perspective. He drew a flagrant elbow from Najera that will probably result in a suspension upon closer review. Combine that with draining his threes and Sasha played his role well.

The game suspension is probably warranted but the league is not always consistent.

You never know what you are going to get from them, but when you see Najera size up Sasha and (bleep) the elbow back to deliver the blow...I think he's in trouble. Factor in that Najera's a role player and it probably makes the decision easier.

Najera came out in at least two different papers as saying Sasha is a flopper and was playing dirty. Well, not to say that Sasha doesn't flop or act, but on that particular play you could tell that Najera got him good, especially the way his chest was working while he was on the floor. It was obvious the wind was knocked out of him.
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:23 am    Post subject:

Thanks DB.

The Lakers have figured out how to make extraordinarily skilled offensive players uncomfortable. Looking ahead to the WCF, the Lakers may just have something for Tony Parker afterall. I say this because of the way they played Melo. At least 4 of his 5 made field goals were fadeaways. Why? Because LA had his man (Luke mostly ) guarding with another Laker behind him protecting for the drive. I thought that was brilliant. TP poses the same threat as an offensive player (esp. because the majority of his points come in the paint by blowing by his man).

Another player they frustrated (at least in the 1st half) was CP3. They agressively doubled him and took away his playmaking ability. It wasn't until the 2nd half where PJ stopped doing this and that's where he started to go off. This made the final score a lot closer than it could have been.

I'll end this post with this quote in LAT from our leader:

With a 19-point lead entering the fourth quarter, Bryant told his teammates on the bench: “Go for the throat.”

Go Lakers!
prisma8slg
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:36 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Like a boa constrictor, the Lakers defense tightened around their prey on way to a 102-84 win.

and that we did. one thing I've enjoyed about this series is that it's been competitive in the first half, and then in the third we start to pull away. I think it makes our team better if we have to battle through the first round instead of cruise away with an early victory. Everyone stepped up. great team victory

the part with the Nuggets Mascot was classic

"I've seen it all. Sasha dunked on somebody," Kobe Bryant said. "I'm ready to retire now."
hi_ma
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:37 am    Post subject:

Laker7 wrote:
Really liked the way MBenga stepped in to give Pau a break. Nothing great but nothing bad either. Great late season pick up.

agreed. Perfect change of pace. It goes from
"all world talent" in Pau to

"I dont want to get my arse kicked by this scary looking dude" talent

The lakers will get prince.
VujacicFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:20 am    Post subject:

I think you caught the analogy bug from Kobe, DB.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:36 am    Post subject:

KOBE 2.0 wrote:
Klone_dd wrote:
I can't really say that our D was stifling.

What game were you watching? our defense was one of the reason their offense looked dead. the reason why they missed half of their lay-ups was because of our rotate in the paint. it made them switch on how they were gonna make the lay-ups. Vlad has been the ultimate Melo stopper I'd say and Luke is starting to have impact on defense. this game was complete domination from our defense just because we don't show it for a full game most of the time doesn't mean we didn't do it today.

we played championship "D" if we didn't then like Karl pointed out Denver never got this frustrated in their home-court so our defense was a major reason.

We played good D, but the Nuggets really played some stupid ball. Melo played like a complete idiot all game, and it played right into our hands. That might be what Klone is saying. But we did have a good defensive scheme. It was smart ball vs. stupid ball...and stupid ball got worked over.
PopcornMachine
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:15 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
KOBE 2.0 wrote:
Klone_dd wrote:
I can't really say that our D was stifling.

What game were you watching? our defense was one of the reason their offense looked dead. the reason why they missed half of their lay-ups was because of our rotate in the paint. it made them switch on how they were gonna make the lay-ups. Vlad has been the ultimate Melo stopper I'd say and Luke is starting to have impact on defense. this game was complete domination from our defense just because we don't show it for a full game most of the time doesn't mean we didn't do it today.

we played championship "D" if we didn't then like Karl pointed out Denver never got this frustrated in their home-court so our defense was a major reason.

We played good D, but the Nuggets really played some stupid ball. Melo played like a complete idiot all game, and it played right into our hands. That might be what Klone is saying. But we did have a good defensive scheme. It was smart ball vs. stupid ball...and stupid ball got worked over.

I agree. While I am very happy with them keeping the Nuggets to 46 at the half and 84 for the game, playing defense against Denver and playing defense against the other teams in the playoffs will be quite different things.

They will have to increase that effort even more, but this was a step in the right direction. I miss the games when the Lakers often had a block party at the opponents hoop, so it was nice to see Pau with 3 yesterday. It would be nice to have Drew back, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. Ariza eventual return will definitely be useful as the Lakers climb the ladder.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
PopcornMachine
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:18 am    Post subject:

Sleepy wrote:

Ariza taking some practice 3's during warm-ups (he hit 5 in a row while I was watching)

Did you take these? Very nice pics from the stands.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:20 am    Post subject:

I hope the refs in game four are smart (I know, I know) and realize the Nuggets are an emotional, frustrated team with poor impulse control on the edge of being swept.

I saw a lot of elbows being thrown and forearm shiver-type plays from the Nuggets in game 3. Denver will probably come out swinging literally in the next game. If the Lakers are leading big and the brooms are looming the Nuggets may get very testy and if the Nuggets play a better game (or Lakers have a let down) they may be chippy to make a point (false bravado, "not on our court").

Either way, I hope our guys stay in control and I hope the refs are on the look out for guys trying to be "physical" to the point of possibly injuring someone. I don't think many of the Denver team can play a physical defensive game without resorting to cheap shots, it's not like they normally play a good defensive game.
Wolverine
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:22 am    Post subject:

Looks like our team is peaking at the right time.

If not for the loss @Portland, we'd be on a 12 game winning streak right now!!

Last edited by Wolverine on Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:23 am; edited 1 time in total
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:23 am    Post subject:

PopcornMachine wrote:
Sleepy wrote:

I think he also had some good pics of the Warriors/Lakers game he attended, too.
tsumlakers88
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:56 am    Post subject:

Great solid win by our guys. Now I really hope they close them out and sweep these fools on Monday, I'm going to the Kanye concert on Wednesday!
kobe_4_mvp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:22 am    Post subject:

great all around team performance
everyone played well
targetman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:50 am    Post subject:

Lamar played excellent help D in this game.
Sleepy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:07 pm    Post subject:

PopcornMachine wrote:

Yep - my pics. I have higher res ones if anyone wants any of those.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: