Best of "Underground" H.I.P. H.O.P.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 46, 47, 48  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> The Best Of... Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
rchanou
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 5463
Location: Long Beach

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:13 pm    Post subject:

Camp Lo - World Heist

Caveman Theory - Sunraised
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 03 Nov 2005
Posts: 28461
Location: Chillin on the Delaware.. from the Jersey Side

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:18 am    Post subject:

rchanou wrote:
Camp Lo - World Heist

Caveman Theory - Sunraised


Camp Lo is the ish. They were Subsonic on XM Radio a feww weeks back. Great interview... they now go by 'The Lo' and have a new CD about to drop. Remember Butterfly from Digable Planets, he's featured on one f the tracks....

Lumidi - The track is decent...

I'm feeling World Heist.... thanks for posting...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 03 Nov 2005
Posts: 28461
Location: Chillin on the Delaware.. from the Jersey Side

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:59 am    Post subject:

New MF DOOM & Aesop Rock, production by Prefuse 73

Blacklist


heat.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Caron1
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 2790

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:32 am    Post subject:

Used to love Camp Lo back in the day. Luchini, Coolie High, Sparkle, that whole Uptown Saturday Night record is classic. I'm surprised they never got bigger.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 03 Nov 2005
Posts: 28461
Location: Chillin on the Delaware.. from the Jersey Side

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:24 pm    Post subject:

New Common - Announcement f. Pharrell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Apr 2006
Posts: 17063

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:12 am    Post subject:

TACH wrote:
New MF DOOM & Aesop Rock, production by Prefuse 73

Blacklist


heat.


Sick!

Anyone know when the scheduled release date for doompostor is? Its been kind of dry on the hip hop front for me at this moment.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 03 Nov 2005
Posts: 28461
Location: Chillin on the Delaware.. from the Jersey Side

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:59 am    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
TACH wrote:
New MF DOOM & Aesop Rock, production by Prefuse 73

Blacklist


heat.


Sick!

Anyone know when the scheduled release date for doompostor is? Its been kind of dry on the hip hop front for me at this moment.


No idea... and DOOM is catching a lot of heat for his recent antics. But if you are looking for some MF DOOM to hold you over until Doompostor drops, checkout the production he did for a rapper name Trunks (out of San Fran I believe). Unfortunately DOOM is not on any of the tracks. The album is called
MF DOOM and Trunks Presents Unicorns


For you ATCQ fans.... Q-Tip has an album dropping in November... here's one of the tracks: Official -- I like this joint a lot...

EDIT: Unreleased Mos Def - The Glow
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Apr 2006
Posts: 17063

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:48 pm    Post subject:

TACH wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
TACH wrote:
New MF DOOM & Aesop Rock, production by Prefuse 73

Blacklist


heat.


Sick!

Anyone know when the scheduled release date for doompostor is? Its been kind of dry on the hip hop front for me at this moment.


No idea... and DOOM is catching a lot of heat for his recent antics. But if you are looking for some MF DOOM to hold you over until Doompostor drops, checkout the production he did for a rapper name Trunks (out of San Fran I believe). Unfortunately DOOM is not on any of the tracks. The album is called
MF DOOM and Trunks Presents Unicorns


For you ATCQ fans.... Q-Tip has an album dropping in November... here's one of the tracks: Official -- I like this joint a lot...

EDIT: Unreleased Mos Def - The Glow


props Tach. I youtubed that MF Doom Trunks ish....love it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
rchanou
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 5463
Location: Long Beach

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:20 am    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
TACH wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
TACH wrote:
New MF DOOM & Aesop Rock, production by Prefuse 73

Blacklist


heat.


Sick!

Anyone know when the scheduled release date for doompostor is? Its been kind of dry on the hip hop front for me at this moment.


No idea... and DOOM is catching a lot of heat for his recent antics. But if you are looking for some MF DOOM to hold you over until Doompostor drops, checkout the production he did for a rapper name Trunks (out of San Fran I believe). Unfortunately DOOM is not on any of the tracks. The album is called
MF DOOM and Trunks Presents Unicorns


For you ATCQ fans.... Q-Tip has an album dropping in November... here's one of the tracks: Official -- I like this joint a lot...

EDIT: Unreleased Mos Def - The Glow


props Tach. I youtubed that MF Doom Trunks ish....love it.


MF Doom is definitely one of my favorites. Finally Q-Tip gets some of his Kamaal the Abstract type stuff released officially.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
B_Rabbit1212
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Jun 2005
Posts: 2085
Location: Santa Barbara / Davis

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:49 pm    Post subject:

I can't believe this is my first time checking this thread out.

I could rattle off abunch of names, but between TACH and rchanou I'm pretty sure all the bases were covered.

By the way DOOM AND 'SOP TOGETHER?!?!?! ARE YOU (bleep) KIDDING ME????
_________________
bonerkillcollective.tumblr.com - peep our art.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
rchanou
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 5463
Location: Long Beach

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:30 pm    Post subject:

Some concerts around the SoCal area:

Wednesday 09.17.08
Digable Planets @ House Of Blues - Anaheim

Sunday 09.28.08
Living Legends @ House Of Blues - Anaheim

Sunday 09.14.08
Common and N*E*R*D* @ The Wiltern

Monday 09.15.08
Common and N*E*R*D* @ The Grove (Anaheim)

Saturday 09.27.08
We the People Music Festival @ Los Angeles State Historic Park
Lineup includes: EPMD, Les Claypool, RZA, Z-Trip, DJ Premier, Murs, Scarub, Eligh, Flying Lotus
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pdxpoplaker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 07 Feb 2008
Posts: 310

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:17 am    Post subject:

I like me some cannibal ox!!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 03 Nov 2005
Posts: 28461
Location: Chillin on the Delaware.. from the Jersey Side

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:06 pm    Post subject:

B_Rabbit1212 wrote:
I can't believe this is my first time checking this thread out.

I could rattle off abunch of names, but between TACH and rchanou I'm pretty sure all the bases were covered.

By the way DOOM AND 'SOP TOGETHER?!?!?! ARE YOU (bleep) KIDDING ME????


That track is sick. I can't wait until DOOMPosters drops. I just downloaded DOOMED mixtape to hold me over...


Trap Door - Jake One f. MF Doom
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 03 Nov 2005
Posts: 28461
Location: Chillin on the Delaware.. from the Jersey Side

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:25 pm    Post subject:

Was in the car a lot today so I hit random on the iPod and got A Long Hot Summer by Masta Ace... Being that it was 90+ and humid today, it was appropriate

A Long Hot Summer:

Beautiful
Brooklyn Masala
Da Grind
Good Ole Love
Soda & Soap (f Jean Grae) Old school style...

Bonus Joints from

The Best of Masta Ace - Out Da Box (Prod. Pete Rock f. Tony Touch, Large Professor, Pete Rock, Masta Ace)

The Show eMC - Traffic (f. Little Brother) (classic old school summer time hip hop)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 03 Nov 2005
Posts: 28461
Location: Chillin on the Delaware.. from the Jersey Side

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:25 pm    Post subject:

Q-Tip, Consequence, & Kanye West @ the Knitting Factory last night.....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Free_Kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Sep 2005
Posts: 13197
Location: @ the beach

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:31 pm    Post subject:

This album just came out yesterday... and i'm really feelin' em!

Common Market - Winter Takes All

Common Market - Tobacco Road

Common Market - Back Home (The Return)
_________________
♪ ♫One good thing about music, when it hits, you feel no pain...
So hit me with music! ♪ ♫
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 03 Nov 2005
Posts: 28461
Location: Chillin on the Delaware.. from the Jersey Side

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:03 am    Post subject:

^^ I like Back Home... will definitely give them a listen...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Free_Kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Sep 2005
Posts: 13197
Location: @ the beach

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:17 am    Post subject:

TACH wrote:
^^ I like Back Home... will definitely give them a listen...

Yeah... I loved Back Home!!! I listened to it over and over again last night!
My fave track on the album by far!
good call!
_________________
♪ ♫One good thing about music, when it hits, you feel no pain...
So hit me with music! ♪ ♫
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 03 Nov 2005
Posts: 28461
Location: Chillin on the Delaware.. from the Jersey Side

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:46 am    Post subject:

Not exactly underground (no pun intended)... but The Rhyme 65 on XM is playing Tupac all day on the 13th and 14th (this weekend).

Quote:
2pac Tribute Weekend

All day Saturday and Sunday (September 13th & 14th)

September 13th 2008 marks the twelve year anniversary of 2pac’s death. The Rhyme pays tribute all weekend long (Saturday and Sunday) with blocks of music and memories. Hear his classic tracks at the top of each hour along with comments from close friends and colleagues including Scarface, Treach, DMC, Gang Starr, Chuck D, Shock G, and Too Short.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Apr 2006
Posts: 17063

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:32 pm    Post subject:

http://www.accesshiphop.com/store/?page=releasedates

Tentative release dates for all you "heads" out there.

And Mf Doom's new album isn't called doompostor anymore...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 03 Nov 2005
Posts: 28461
Location: Chillin on the Delaware.. from the Jersey Side

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:10 pm    Post subject:

DJ Revolution f/ KRS-One - The DJ

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Free_Kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Sep 2005
Posts: 13197
Location: @ the beach

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:21 pm    Post subject:

TACH wrote:
DJ Revolution f/ KRS-One - The DJ


Sick!

if they would only listen...
_________________
♪ ♫One good thing about music, when it hits, you feel no pain...
So hit me with music! ♪ ♫
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 03 Nov 2005
Posts: 28461
Location: Chillin on the Delaware.. from the Jersey Side

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:11 pm    Post subject:

Free_Kobe wrote:
TACH wrote:
DJ Revolution f/ KRS-One - The DJ


Sick!

if they would only listen...
KRS-One brought the heat on that track.

Here's a few more new (to me) joint for you:

NeverBeTheOne - Blu
That Knack - DJ K.O. f. Wordsworth, Strickland, & Torae
kingme - Sene f. Blu
Paris, Tokyo (remix) - Lupe f. Pharrell, Q-Tip, & Sarah Green
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
rchanou
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 5463
Location: Long Beach

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:07 pm    Post subject:

TACH wrote:
Free_Kobe wrote:
TACH wrote:
DJ Revolution f/ KRS-One - The DJ


Sick!

if they would only listen...
KRS-One brought the heat on that track.

Here's a few more new (to me) joint for you:

NeverBeTheOne - Blu
That Knack - DJ K.O. f. Wordsworth, Strickland, & Torae
kingme - Sene f. Blu
Paris, Tokyo (remix) - Lupe f. Pharrell, Q-Tip, & Sarah Green


I must say Blu is really growing on me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Free_Kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Sep 2005
Posts: 13197
Location: @ the beach

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject:

rchanou wrote:
TACH wrote:
Free_Kobe wrote:
TACH wrote:
DJ Revolution f/ KRS-One - The DJ


Sick!

if they would only listen...
KRS-One brought the heat on that track.

Here's a few more new (to me) joint for you:

NeverBeTheOne - Blu
That Knack - DJ K.O. f. Wordsworth, Strickland, & Torae
kingme - Sene f. Blu
Paris, Tokyo (remix) - Lupe f. Pharrell, Q-Tip, & Sarah Green


I must say Blu is really growing on me.

I really like Sene... He's got a nice sound!
_________________
♪ ♫One good thing about music, when it hits, you feel no pain...
So hit me with music! ♪ ♫
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> The Best Of... All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 46, 47, 48  Next
Page 3 of 48
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB