HEAT -at- LAKERS - 2/28 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KOBEhastheMAGIC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:35 am    Post subject:

ecchen1 wrote:
KOBEhastheMAGIC wrote:
We rid ourselves of most of the cancers....Cook, Kwame, Smush.

It's time to finish the job and get rid of P-U-K-E and Derek SelFish.

We aren't winning anything as long as those two are part of our regular rotation.

Wow... let's examine and analyze your comments here

Let's start with Luke. After a 9/11/4 game you're saying we should get rid of him? Once Bynum comes back, he won't even be a starter, and I don't see any problems w/ having Luke in the 2nd unit. Why the hate? Luke fits into the triangle very well, he's got good basketball IQ, a good passer, decent shot and post. I'll give you that he's been struggling this year, but weren't you convinced by his many flashes of brilliance last year? If you recall, at one point, he led the league in 3 pt percentage.

Now let's look at Derek "selfish" - ask any coach around the league and they will respond that Derek Fisher has helped this Laker team. He's definitely an upgrade from Smush Parker and he has stabilized the locker room, providing veteran leadership and being a good friend to Kobe. Yes, he's been struggling with his shot as of late, but how can you argue w/ his clutch plays with 0.4 seconds and hitting a clutch 3 in the playoffs for Utah last year against the Warrior's. And if he's really that bad, why does he have 3 rings w/ the Lakers? Even if I were to agree that he's bad, he obviously wasn't bad enough to prevent the Lakers from winning a championship, which is your argument to begin with.

Finally, let's examine your quote "we won't win anything as long as those two are a regular part of our line up."

"we won't win anything" eh?

Let's see... we just won tonight with D Fish and Luke STARTING.

Let's see... we're on a 10 game winning streak... .

We've won 3 championships with Fisher in the line up, yup, I guess we really CAN'T win anything.

Thus, we are terrible with both Fisher and Luke in our line up.

CASE CLOSED.

First of all there is only 1 win that matters. And It's damn sure not in the regular season. Second of all, you want to know why SelFISH is struggling with his shot? BECAUSE HE HAS THE WORST SHOT SELECTION IN THE NBA. Seriously......how many more times does he have to get packed while driving into three defenders before he realizes that he's not Kobe BGryant and he's not 6'6?
Kobe Bryant has brought the Lakers three championships, 4 Finals, carried an absolutely pathetic team to the playoffs in a loaded Western Conference and has given us countless thrills and memories. If you are not a Kobe fan, then you are not a Laker fan.
ecchen1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:38 am    Post subject:

KOBEhastheMAGIC wrote:
s_habe wrote:
KOBEhastheMAGIC wrote:
s_habe wrote:
KOBEhastheMAGIC wrote:

We aren't winning anything as long as those two are part of our regular rotation.

Hmm..... Not winning the way we are *not* winning *anything* right now??

I'm talking about winning the only thing that matters........

P-U-K-E and SelFISH will cost us close games in the playoffs with their moronic, egotitical play.

Relax, sit back, and let the things settle. The only problem with FIsh is that his shot is not falling right now. He will find his stroke again. Don't worry!

With Luke, you should notice that his game is progressing. Slowly, but steadily his numbers have been going up. And his defencive presence has emerged. To me it is obvious that he is now finally coming back from his injury. He is useful off the bench.

Fish and Luke can hardly become the obstacle in the playoffs. We just need our main guys to get back and we'll be fine.

The problem with SelFISH is that he needs to be put in his effing place and reminded that he is a 6 foot role player. He has the worst shot selection in all the league. i can't imagine anybody with worse shot selection. He's like a stunted mouse that get's shocked everytime he nibbles on a piece of cheese and yet he keeps doing it. How many times does he have to get packed before it gets through that thick head of his that he is not very good and should be doing nothing but CATCH AND SHOOT.

Again, I would like to ask you, if Fisher is THAT bad why have we won THREE championships with him in the line up?
ecchen1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:38 am    Post subject:

KOBEhastheMAGIC wrote:
s_habe wrote:
KOBEhastheMAGIC wrote:
s_habe wrote:
KOBEhastheMAGIC wrote:

Hmm..... Not winning the way we are *not* winning *anything* right now??

I'm talking about winning the only thing that matters........

P-U-K-E and SelFISH will cost us close games in the playoffs with their moronic, egotitical play.

Relax, sit back, and let the things settle. The only problem with FIsh is that his shot is not falling right now. He will find his stroke again. Don't worry!

With Luke, you should notice that his game is progressing. Slowly, but steadily his numbers have been going up. And his defencive presence has emerged. To me it is obvious that he is now finally coming back from his injury. He is useful off the bench.

Fish and Luke can hardly become the obstacle in the playoffs. We just need our main guys to get back and we'll be fine.

The problem with SelFISH is that he needs to be put in his effing place and reminded that he is a 6 foot role player. He has the worst shot selection in all the league. i can't imagine anybody with worse shot selection. He's like a stunted mouse that get's shocked everytime he nibbles on a piece of cheese and yet he keeps doing it. How many times does he have to get packed before it gets through that thick head of his that he is not very good and should be doing nothing but CATCH AND SHOOT.

Again, I would like to ask you, if Fisher is THAT bad why have we won THREE championships with him in the line up?
Vadorojo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:42 am    Post subject:

KOBEhastheMAGIC wrote:

I beg to disagree with you. In fact, I beg to disagree with you 10 times.

Edit: Alright, so I see that you mean "anything that matters". *points to Fish's 3 rings* *Points to Jackson's 9 rings* You think Phil can be trusted to use our team well?

I know Fish didn't play a great game (still in quite a funk at the moment) but Luke played well—11 boards and 4 assists? I'll take that any day, particularly when he was on Marion of all people at times. More importantly, Luke was a key part of the awesome Showtime play.

Last edited by Vadorojo on Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:44 am; edited 1 time in total
AndrewBynum17
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:43 am    Post subject:

Vadorojo wrote:
KOBEhastheMAGIC wrote:

I beg to disagree with you. In fact, I beg to disagree with you 10 times.

I know Fish didn't play a great game (still in quite a funk at the moment) but Luke played well—11 boards and 4 assists? I'll take that any day, particularly when he was on Marion of all people at times. More importantly, Luke was a key part of the awesome Showtime play.

you don't even need to respond man, he doesn't deserve it.
ecchen1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:44 am    Post subject:

I'm sorry Kobe dude but your claims are not supported empirically

Derek Fisher has the worst shot selection in the NBA

REALLY?

He's shooting 45% this year, the best of his career.

And for the sake of understanding how good 45%, let's compare him to Ray Allen who is playing with the Paul Pierce AND KG. What's Ray Ray's FG percentage? 43.8%

So let's face the facts, Fisher is shooting better than one of the BEST pure shooters in the league.

Of course this is all b/c he has bad shot selection all year long.
Vadorojo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:50 am    Post subject:

ecchen1 wrote:

REALLY?

And for the sake of understanding how good 45%, let's compare him to Ray Allen who is playing with the Paul Pierce AND KG, who is shooting 43.8%.

So let's face the facts, Fisher is shooting better than one of the BEST pure shooters in the league.

Welcome to Lakersground! Thank you for using interesting statistics and comparisons to back up your claims.

That being said, I would take Allen's shooting over Fish's in a heartbeat, but Fish has played great for us over the course of this season. In the same way that we owe Farmar for a couple victories, the same is certainly true of Fish, who has had his fair share of 20+ point performances. Fish is just in a slump right now ... and all shooters must shoot themselves out of it at some point.

As far as I'm concernced, his play on and off the court don't merit such an attack. Do you really want to call a guy who turned his back on a couple million dollars so that he could move to LA and treat his daughter's rare eye cancer "SelFish"?
AndrewBynum17
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:53 am    Post subject:

Vadorojo wrote:
ecchen1 wrote:

REALLY?

And for the sake of understanding how good 45%, let's compare him to Ray Allen who is playing with the Paul Pierce AND KG, who is shooting 43.8%.

Welcome to Lakersground! Thank you for using interesting statistics and comparisons to back up your claims.

That being said, I would take Allen's shooting over Fish's in a heartbeat, but Fish has played great for us over the course of this season. In the same way that we owe Farmar for a couple victories, the same is certainly true of Fish, who has had his fair share of 20+ point performances. Fish is just in a slump right now ... and all shooters must shoot themselves out of it at some point.

As far as I'm concernced, his play on and off the court don't merit such an attack. Do you really want to call a guy who turned his back on a couple million dollars so that he could move to LA and treat his daughter's rare eye cancer "SelFish"?

KOBEhastheMAGIC is just ticked off Kobe didn't score more points tonight. That's basically where all his anger towards Fisher comes from. So don't take it seriously.
KOBEhastheMAGIC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:54 am    Post subject:

That 45% is going to be 41% by the end of the year. I guaruntee it. He started off blazing but now he's coming back down to earth.

Ray Allen? Paul Pierce? You are talking about guys who face constant double teams. Ray Allen also shoots practically nothing but 3s.

You want to point to the fact that we won 3 championships with Fisher?

First of all, he wasn't a selfish POS back then. He would still occaisonally try and drive into three people but not nearly as bad as now.

Second he was not counted on as a leader, for stability. We had a bunch of veteran players. His mistakes were coverred up because as a whole we didn't make many mistakes. And we also had the two best players in the NBA at that point.

But now we have a young team who is going to make mistakes. Fisher is suppossed to be a leader and maintain stability and this is how he does it? This is starting to rob off on farmar too...I can see it. He's starting to try turn around fadeaways.

You know what the disgustinbg part is? The worse he shoots, the worse shots he takes. It's like he is stubborn and needs to prove something. Where does he get off pulling crap like this when we have the ebst player in the game sacrificing like 10 shots a game?
Kobe Bryant has brought the Lakers three championships, 4 Finals, carried an absolutely pathetic team to the playoffs in a loaded Western Conference and has given us countless thrills and memories. If you are not a Kobe fan, then you are not a Laker fan.
KOBEhastheMAGIC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:59 am    Post subject:

AndrewBynum17 wrote:
Vadorojo wrote:
ecchen1 wrote:

REALLY?

KOBEhastheMAGIC is just ticked off Kobe didn't score more points tonight. That's basically where all his anger towards Fisher comes from. So don't take it seriously.

LMAO! Are you kidding me? I was so pissed that Kobe had to come back in in the fourth quarter. Derek Fisher will hold us back from the greatness that we are meant to achieve unless he learns his place., and his place certainlu is not in the paint sorrounded by 3 people that are 6 to 8 inches taller than him.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:04 am    Post subject:

I like Phil's calmness out there, he seems to know he has something special in his hand and he's just licking his chops right now thinkin to himself like wow, I'm a genius, taking a team that missed the playoffs and turning them around to a title contender in just 3 seasons wow, what a great coach we have!

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
KOBEhastheMAGIC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:06 am    Post subject:

Vadorojo wrote:
ecchen1 wrote:

REALLY?

Oh don't play that card. That has nothing to do with being selfish on a basketball court. Fish is not in a shooting slump. He is taking shots that he cannot make. He is taking shots that force him to rush. Notice that when he has a wide open CATCH AND SHOOT shot that is set up for him he drains it. No fading away. Enough time to just stroke it perfectly. That is all he should be doing. Kobe and Pau are the creators for the starting unit. We don't need him to be playing renegade. Learn your damn role. Did Steve Kerr drive to the rack? Did he shoot fadeaways off the dribble? Championship teams have role players that KNOW AND ACCEPT their role and don't try and go out of it.
Tony Almeida
Retired

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:07 am    Post subject:

KOBEhastheMAGIC wrote:
That 45% is going to be 41% by the end of the year. I guaruntee it.

Bet.

Make it official. If his shooting percent for the season does not dip down to 41% or lower you ban yourself.

Since you're so sure of this happening, shouldn't be a big deal.
AndrewBynum17
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:10 am    Post subject:

KOBEhastheMAGIC wrote:
AndrewBynum17 wrote:
Vadorojo wrote:
ecchen1 wrote:

REALLY?

LMAO! Are you kidding me? I was so pissed that Kobe had to come back in in the fourth quarter. Derek Fisher will hold us back from the greatness that we are meant to achieve unless he learns his place. and his place certainlu is not in the paint sorrounded by 3 people that are 6 to 8 inches taller than him.

what the hell are you talking about? Wasn't Fisher was benched near the end of the third quarter and he didn't even play in the 4th Quarter? so how the hell does Kobe having to come back midway into the 4th Q relate at all to Fisher?
KOBEhastheMAGIC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:14 am    Post subject:

Tony Almeida wrote:
KOBEhastheMAGIC wrote:
That 45% is going to be 41% by the end of the year. I guaruntee it.

Bet.

Make it official. If his shooting percent for the season does not dip down to 41% or lower you ban yourself.

Since you're so sure of this happening, shouldn't be a big deal.

That doesn't make sense for me. Because that is assuming he continues to play the selfish ad idiotic way that he is playing now. But no one is going to be playing the way they are playing now, when Bynum returns. Hopefully Fisher has an ephihany that he is being a selfish SOB.

Plus I might have exaggerated with 41. But if he keeps playing this way, it will keep dropping maybe not to 41 but to 42 or 43......low enough to not justify him taking the shots he is taking.
SladeRider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:15 am    Post subject:

I'm happy for Fish to start, he is the experienced player out of himself and Farmar and Farmar is doing great off the bench.

I just want Vlad back to replace Puke, Vlad's 3pt threat is much more valuable then anything Puke brings to the table.
KOBEhastheMAGIC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:16 am    Post subject:

AndrewBynum17 wrote:
KOBEhastheMAGIC wrote:
AndrewBynum17 wrote:
Vadorojo wrote:
ecchen1 wrote:

REALLY?

LMAO! Are you kidding me? I was so pissed that Kobe had to come back in in the fourth quarter. Derek Fisher will hold us back from the greatness that we are meant to achieve unless he learns his place. and his place certainlu is not in the paint sorrounded by 3 people that are 6 to 8 inches taller than him.

what the hell are you talking about? Wasn't Fisher was benched near the end of the third quarter and he didn't even play in the 4th Quarter? so how the hell does Kobe having to come back midway into the 4th Q relate at all to Fisher?

It doesn't It just shows that I don't give a damn about Kobe's points. I just wanted to win big like we should have. I didn't want Kobe to come back in and pad his stats as you imply.
Tony Almeida
Retired

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:22 am    Post subject:

KOBEhastheMAGIC wrote:

That doesn't make sense for me.

I'll take the other side of the bet. You're making guarantees, back them up.

Quote:
Because that is assuming he continues to play the selfish ad idiotic way that he is playing now.

Maybe. Maybe not. I'm not sure what your thought process was before you made your guarantee, but you made it. End of story.

Quote:
But no one is going to be playing the way they are playing now,

So quit whining. Last I checked, 10 game winning streak, 1st in the West.

Quote:
when Bynum returns.

You mean the guy who we should have traded for Artest, the guy the incompetent and moronic front office wouldn't deal for Ron Ron and thus wasting Kobe's prime? Oh that guy. Yeah, he'll be back. And yeah, not sure what factors you took into account before making your guarantee, but you made it, back it up.

Quote:
Hopefully Fisher has an ephihany that he is being a selfish SOB.

Hopefully you have an epiphany that not every basketball player outside of Kobe Bryant is a worthless athlete.

Quote:
Plus I might have exaggerated with 41.

Shocking. Yet you still made the guarantee.

Quote:
But if he keeps playing this way, it will keep dropping maybe not to 41 but to 42 or 43......

Take the bet.

Quote:
low enough to not justify him taking the shots he is taking.

We get it. Only Kobe should shoot, pass, steal, board, block, turnover, wait not that one. Others will shoot the rock, it's a good thing too, I'm pretty sure Kobe is just peachy with others pulling their share of the load these days.

Last edited by Tony Almeida on Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:23 am; edited 1 time in total
KOBEhastheMAGIC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:23 am    Post subject:

You guys don't get it do you.

Kobe Bryant is not taking bad shots anymore. this is a guy who can make any shot from anywhere on the floor. And he has made a commitment to working to get the best shot available.

WHo the hell is Derek Fisher, a diminuitive role player, to take shots that are the kind of shots that Kobe himself is passing up.

He wasted so many possesuons for us today and last game and the game before that. It didn't end up mattering against the worst team in the league, but what about when we're playing SAS in the playoffs and it's a 1 point game? Are you guys going to just laugh off Derek Fisher driving into 3 guys and getting the crap packed out off him, leading to a fastbreak bucket for the Spurs? Are you just going to laugh it off when we're down by 1 and on a fastbreak with Kobe running the wing and he pulls up and bricks a 20 footer? ARe you gonna laugh that off and chalk it up to him being in a slump?
melo061
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:24 am    Post subject:

Kobe's defense slacks off against crappy competition. There was a period where Kobe was directly responsible for 6 points in a row. When they set a screen, he doesn't try and fight it and so the Big has to come out which leads to open Jumpers. He also didn't' challenge shooters which looks good when they miss but crap when they go in.

I don't think he deserves a for the game. More like a .

Perfect music.
ecchen1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:28 am    Post subject:

KOBEhastheMAGIC wrote:
That 45% is going to be 41% by the end of the year. I guaruntee it. He started off blazing but now he's coming back down to earth.

Ray Allen? Paul Pierce? You are talking about guys who face constant double teams. Ray Allen also shoots practically nothing but 3s.

You want to point to the fact that we won 3 championships with Fisher?

First of all, he wasn't a selfish POS back then. He would still occaisonally try and drive into three people but not nearly as bad as now.

Second he was not counted on as a leader, for stability. We had a bunch of veteran players. His mistakes were coverred up because as a whole we didn't make many mistakes. And we also had the two best players in the NBA at that point.

But now we have a young team who is going to make mistakes. Fisher is suppossed to be a leader and maintain stability and this is how he does it? This is starting to rob off on farmar too...I can see it. He's starting to try turn around fadeaways.

You know what the disgustinbg part is? The worse he shoots, the worse shots he takes. It's like he is stubborn and needs to prove something. Where does he get off pulling crap like this when we have the ebst player in the game sacrificing like 10 shots a game?

You claim that the percentage will go down, but your argument was that he has bad shot selection right now as well as this year. Up to this point, he's shooting 45%, that means his shot selection has been good so far this year. I will grant you this, today, Fisher didn't have the best shot selection. I will also agree that his main role should be to spot up and shoot 3s or take open jumpers (he also sets the tempo btw, which is a valuable part of running the offense, which you don't give him any credit for, especially how he's a HUGE upgrade compare to Smush Parker). But don't tell me he will ruin our chances of winning a championship when he's already won 3.

As for your response to the Ray Allen... your argument is quite weak. Allen's the number 3 option on his team and Celtic opponents are double teaming KG and Pierce first. Are you telling me that teams can double team THREE players? Fisher's also shooting 3s at a very high percentage (42.3) and shooting at 45% overall, which means his percentage for non-3 pointers is HIGHER than 3 his point shooting percentage. This means that when he's not spotting up for the open 3, he's still taking good shots.

The Lakers have been better this year, even before the Gasol trade than the last three years since the Shaq trade, and you're telling me he's hurting our team. I think you should really ask your idol, KB24 what he thinks about Fish and I'm certain Kobe would disagree with your assessment. When we beat the Sun's on Christmas, D'Antoni was asked about what's different about the Lakers that makes them a better team. His response? The dominant play of Andrew Bynum and the veteran PG play of Derek Fisher. So, even if you don't believe me, at least consider the words of the Laker nemesis and former coach of the year.
melo061
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:29 am    Post subject:

KOBEhastheMAGIC wrote:

Kobe Bryant is not taking bad shots anymore. this is a guy who can make any shot from anywhere on the floor. And he has made a commitment to working to get the best shot available.

WHo the hell is Derek Fisher, a diminuitive role player, to take shots that are the kind of shots that Kobe himself is passing up.

He wasted so many possesuons for us today and last game and the game before that. It didn't end up mattering against the worst team in the league, but what about when we're playing SAS in the playoffs and it's a 1 point game? Are you guys going to just laugh off Derek Fisher driving into 3 guys and getting the crap packed out off him, leading to a fastbreak bucket for the Spurs? Are you just going to laugh it off when we're down by 1 and on a fastbreak with Kobe running the wing and he pulls up and bricks a 20 footer? ARe you gonna laugh that off and chalk it up to him being in a slump?

I completely agree with you.

He needs his head to get checked. I can't count the amount of times Fisher's selfishness has caused me to cuss. And i'm not one to use language like that.

This team's role players are annoying.

Vlad posting up, Luke posting up, Fisher slashing to the rim and Lamar floating on the perimeter. It's like all their heads have been (bleep) over and they've forgotten their roles.

I mean really, Fisher posting up? Are you (bleep) Kidding me? Unless you're Gary payton then as a point guard you never post up.

Oh and here is a nifty stat. Fisher is shooting 43.6% this season on lay ups. Good lord.

Why doesn't Phillip call him out like he does Kobe with his shot selection? I guess he has too much respect for Fisher to embarrass him publicly.

Perfect music.

Last edited by melo061 on Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:30 am; edited 1 time in total
AndrewBynum17
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:29 am    Post subject:

KOBEhastheMAGIC wrote:
AndrewBynum17 wrote:
KOBEhastheMAGIC wrote:
AndrewBynum17 wrote:
Vadorojo wrote:
ecchen1 wrote:

REALLY?

It doesn't It just shows that I don't give a damn about Kobe's points. I just wanted to win big like we should have. I didn't want Kobe to come back in and pad his stats as you imply.

nobody believes that.
AndrewBynum17
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:30 am    Post subject:

melo061 wrote:
KOBEhastheMAGIC wrote:

I completely agree with you.

He needs his head to get checked. I can't count the amount of times Fisher's selfishness has caused me to cuss. And i'm not one to use language like that.

This team's role players are annoying.

Vlad posting up, Luke posting up, Fisher slashing to the rim and Lamar floating on the perimeter. It's like all their heads have been (bleep) over and they've forgotten their roles.

I mean really, Fisher posting up? Are you (bleep) Kidding me? Unless you're Gary payton then as a point guard you never post up.

Oh and here is a nifty stat. Fisher is shooting 43.6% this season on lay ups. Good lord.

oh insecurity here about Kobe not scoring enough points? I will play that insecurity card you play too.
KOBEhastheMAGIC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:36 am    Post subject:

Tony Almeida wrote:
KOBEhastheMAGIC wrote:

That doesn't make sense for me.

I'll take the other side of the bet. You're making guarantees, back them up.

Quote:
Because that is assuming he continues to play the selfish ad idiotic way that he is playing now.

Maybe. Maybe not. I'm not sure what your thought process was before you made your guarantee, but you made it. End of story.

Quote:
But no one is going to be playing the way they are playing now,

So quit whining. Last I checked, 10 game winning streak, 1st in the West.

Quote:
when Bynum returns.

You mean the guy who we should have traded for Artest, the guy the incompetent and moronic front office wouldn't deal for Ron Ron and thus wasting Kobe's prime? Oh that guy. Yeah, he'll be back. And yeah, not sure what factors you took into account before making your guarantee, but you made it, back it up.

Quote:
Hopefully Fisher has an ephihany that he is being a selfish SOB.

Hopefully you have an epiphany that not every basketball player outside of Kobe Bryant is a worthless athlete.

Quote:
Plus I might have exaggerated with 41.

Shocking. Yet you still made the guarantee.

Quote:
But if he keeps playing this way, it will keep dropping maybe not to 41 but to 42 or 43......

Take the bet.

Quote:
low enough to not justify him taking the shots he is taking.

We get it. Only Kobe should shoot, pass, steal, board, block, turnover, wait not that one. Others will shoot the rock, it's a good thing too, I'm pretty sure Kobe is just peachy with others pulling their share of the load these days.

Stop putting words in my mouth. Of course Derek Fisher has value.....as a CATCH and SHOOT player. If he did that I have no doubt that with his stroke he could shoot 50 percent from the field and 40% from 3. No doubt.

Others should should the rock?Really? I hadn't thought of that. Of course they should shoot. What's being debated here is the quality of shots.

Kobe and Gasol and sometmes Odom are the only players that should be trying to create off the dribble...on the starting unti at least. Fisher's role is to spread the floor for them.

Just about everyone on this team has committed to moving the ball and working for the best shot possible and we'll do that for a while but then all of as sudden SelFISH will decide that he should take the next four shots. One will be a pull up fadeaway. 2 will be drives to the basket. AFter he egts packed on the first one, he off course has to prove that he's a man....you know....forget about the tam trying to win here. The fourth shot will be a pull up 3.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: