HEAT -at- LAKERS - 2/28 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alpha

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:08 pm    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
KOBEhastheMAGIC wrote:
We rid ourselves of most of the cancers....Cook, Kwame, Smush.

It's time to finish the job and get rid of P-U-K-E and Derek SelFish.

I don't think you have any idea how to use the word cancer in relation to basketball. Fisher is the glue that holds the team together in the locker room, a cancer would be a guy like Smush who tore the team apart in the locker room. Fish definitely forced shots today, and Walton has been consistantly poor for most of the season, but they are definitely not cancers.

Agreed. Also, with all the people being affected by the real life disease... I am not a fan of the term.

BTW, quit hijacking DB's thread.

If your comment is not about his breakdown, take it elsewhere.

What a way to pee on a great write up following a nice win.
sec 110
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:49 pm    Post subject:

{post content deleted by alpha. sorry sec, please see my post above.

btw, welcome to LG... feel free to post about Fisher in another thread.}
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:12 pm    Post subject:

I loved the update, thanks DB

I have no idea where all the vitrol is coming from. It's not everyday you have a 10 game winning streak, try to enjoy it y'all!
Mation
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:39 pm    Post subject:

Thanks DB!

Double-digit winning streak and atop of the Western Conference is a great sight to behold. Refs were tough on Gasol, but he still managed a double-double. Kobe's shot looked a little off at times. I'm sure he'll recover and bring out a good shooting game against Portland. Fisher will soon enough break out of this slump. Our trio bench is playing out of its mind! Turiaf, Farmar and Sasha bringing it on both the offense and defense. Farmar just destroyed, stomped and crumbled any type of wall that was holding him back last year.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:42 pm    Post subject:

Very sloppy game by the Lakers. They were playing a little too whimsically at times, but they were far and away the superior team and reminded the Heat of this whenever they had the gall to make a run at the Lakers.

Fish - A lot has been said in this thread about Fish, but something definitely isn't right with his game. The shot selection needs to improve. However, even Fish's open jumpers don't quite look right. I think Phil needs to cut his minutes. We're going to need him come playoff time.

Farmar - The guy is a total baller. He made it look easy against a terrific defender. I hope he gets a real shot to start next season.

Sasha - It looks like teams are starting to realize how great a shooter he is. He's not finding as many open looks in the last couple of games as he's used to. Still, I like the aggression. His concentration is much improved this season, but I hope he can dial up another notch. He's going to continue to get fewer and fewer wide open looks, but we still need him to be aggressive offensively. Hopefully, he can show that he's capable of knocking down Js even in the face of defensive pressure.

Ronny - He really looked like a man among boys out there at times. I hope his performance against Miami reinvigorates him because he's been in a bit of a lull ever since Pau joined the team.
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:55 pm    Post subject:

brock wrote:
First... again!

Show off!
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:38 pm    Post subject:

CorkyTomjanovich wrote:
ecchen1 wrote:
I'm sorry Kobe dude but your claims are not supported empirically

Derek Fisher has the worst shot selection in the NBA

REALLY?

He's shooting 45% this year, the best of his career.

And for the sake of understanding how good 45%, let's compare him to Ray Allen who is playing with the Paul Pierce AND KG. What's Ray Ray's FG percentage? 43.8%

So let's face the facts, Fisher is shooting better than one of the BEST pure shooters in the league.

Of course this is all b/c he has bad shot selection all year long.

Fisher is shooting under 37% in the month of February.

And you should understand the difference between Fisher shooting 45% and Ray Allen shooting 44%. A majority of Fisher's looks are WIDE OPEN, while Allen creates many of his own shots.

Fisher's shot selection can be very, very poor at times. There is no question about it. The play at the end of the quarter where he called his own number, only to get packed, is a perfect example.

Fisher is tired. All the injuries and the trade of JC have him playing more minutes than Phil would like. You can see it in his jump shot - he doesn't quite have his legs.

He'll be fine once Ariza, Bynum and Vlad get back and he doesn't have to play so many minutes. Yes, they're not guards, but it will add bench guys to the rotation so Kobe doesn't HAVE to switch over to SF requiring more guard minutes from Fish.

Seriously, anyone calling Fisher selfish is being ridiculous. He's anything BUT selfish and the mere premise speaks of basketball ignorance.
LakerSince72
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:39 pm    Post subject:

s_habe wrote:

Sick Jumpers of Death!

Sick Crossover of Death!

Rage Against the Machine

Classic Stuff!!!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: