*** Cavaliers @ Lakers Official Game Thread ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 39, 40, 41  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:03 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
Walton wasn't really setting a pick. He faked the pick, slipped and tried to get open for the three. The problem in a nutshell:

1. Cavs played it well;
2. Luke doesn't have the ability to get off a shot quickly,
3. Luke isn't someone who jumps high when shooting a jumper, making his shot easy to block;
4. Points 2 & 3 plus Luke's mental makup (pass in the face of adversity, damn the game clock) spell doom.

NOW EVERYONE KNOWS WHY RADMANOVIC WAS STARTING OVER WALTON
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject:

Meh. He should have chucked it...but that pass came slow in return. Do we really want Luke trying to chuck a three around LeBron with the game on the line?

Let's look at the real problem here. That as a horrible play set up. Maybe if you had a gunner like Sasha there...but Luke? Bad idea.
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:06 pm    Post subject:

hi_ma wrote:
Worthy42 wrote:
hi_ma wrote:
LO had 6pts. before the "leak break"(early part of the 1st qt) he ended with 14. This loss is on Lamer

The game was in Kobe's hands:

2 missed Ft's
Missed Layup
Passing up the last shot to play patticake with Luke.

Quit deflecting.

Let's also throw in a cool 4-15 shooting 2nd half if you want to throw things in.

Lebron had the same opportunities and he made his.

2 clutch shots
2 clutch ft's to ice the game.

OK cool. Where was lamer?

Lamar does what he ALWAYS does. Put up his stats. Why do you expect more? Does he give more? NO. Why do you even bring it up?

He got 8 pts and 3 rebs at halftime. He got 6 pts and 6 rebs in the 2nd. For his usual 14 pts and 9 reb game. That's what he DOES, most times. Expecting anymore from him is like expecting Shaq to cut back on his food intake. It's not happening. Get over it. The dude is who he is.

Was Kobe expected to hit clutch FT's, YES. Was Kobe expected to put back an open layup, YES. Was Kobe expected to outperform Lebron...YES, in his own building. That didn't quite happen did it.

KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:07 pm    Post subject:

I swear to --- we need a freaking emoticon with a smiley face with a handgun to the side of its head blowing its brains out!!!!!!!!!!
lalfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:07 pm    Post subject:

phil share a big part of the blame too. we were having a good run both offensively and defensively at the beginning part of the 4th qtr with farmar, sasha, ronny and kobe. WHY BRING KWAME BACK?????? we lost all the momentum since he came back. phil's lost it, he feels he has to put his finger print on any game, there has been countless time just this season, he would made stupid substitution that cost our game but yet he always had a way to deflect the criticism after the game. with that said, i'm not blaming him sat kobe down during the 4th qtr, kobe obviously was winded and needed a blow.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:08 pm    Post subject:

Phil did a terrible job of in-game coaching again. Down 3, the Lakers should've either had a play that would've gotten a quick 2 or just put 3-point shooters in.
Love4TheGame
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:08 pm    Post subject:

Worthy42 wrote:
hi_ma wrote:
LO had 6pts. before the "leak break"(early part of the 1st qt) he ended with 14. This loss is on Lamer

The game was in Kobe's hands:

2 missed Ft's
Missed Layup
Passing up the last shot to play patticake with Luke.

Quit deflecting.

Let's also throw in a cool 4-15 shooting 2nd half if you want to throw things in.

Lebron had the same opportunities and he made his.

2 clutch shots
2 clutch ft's to ice the game.

Even though Luke did pass up the GW, I had to agree with you Worthy on that Kobe blew this game in the closing minutes. That point blank shot on that turnover inbounds play, should have been an easy 2 but he missed it like he missed alot of shots and free throws tonite.

Oh well, like other posters had said...When was the last time Kobe did well against the Cavs?

“The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right.” ~ Mark Twain
Raptor2k
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:09 pm    Post subject: Thanks for benching Kobe in the middle of the 4th, Phil.

We gave up at least 6 easy buckets to the Cavs while Kobe sat and the offense went stagnant.

It was for the best in the long run, I suppose :eyeroll:

Last edited by Raptor2k on Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Capt.Skyhook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:10 pm    Post subject:

It doesn't matter how awful the play was, he had no choice but to shoot it. And he didn't. I don't care if it were Kwame in that situatiion, he has to take the shot.
skin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:10 pm    Post subject: Why wasn't Sasha in the game?

I don't understand why Luke Walton was in the game in crunch time when the team needed a 3... Sasha wouldn't hesistate to shoot that 3 and he was hot, 4/5 from the field. I don't get why Sasha wasn't put in the game...
Laker4andmore
Star Player
Star Player

Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DancingBarry wrote:
Meh. He should have chucked it...but that pass came slow in return. Do we really want Luke trying to chuck a three around LeBron with the game on the line?

Let's look at the real problem here. That as a horrible play set up. Maybe if you had a gunner like Sasha there...but Luke? Bad idea.

Exactly DB.
Solid
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:11 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:

Definitly agree with that. It should have been Farmar, who has hit 2 3pts, and Sasha out there with Kobe, not Walton who has been inconsistent 3pt shooter this season...
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:12 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:

Yep, it was a poorly designed play. You couldn't run that play with Sasha or Farmar though, as the Cavs were even less likely to buy either of them setting a pick.
ishi331
Star Player
Star Player

Luke needs to do everyone a favor and disappear forever.
doriszhu
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

Manny450r wrote:
im just mad they didn't even get a shot.

This is pretty much the same situation that happened a couple years ago, I believe it was against the knicks at N.Y., when clocking going down, Kobe drew defence attension, and gave the ball to Luke, and Luke gave the ball right back to Kobe, who didn't have chance to shot the ball on time. Kobe hit the ball against the floor really hard, and shouted at Luke "shoot the ball"!!!

Well, I thought Luke should have learned his lesson over the years. Guess not. What Bill Walton is going to say about that? Blame Kobe for passing the ball to Luke?
Orestes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Why wasn't Sasha in the game?

skin wrote:
I don't understand why Luke Walton was in the game in crunch time when the team needed a 3... Sasha wouldn't hesistate to shoot that 3 and he was hot, 4/5 from the field. I don't get why Sasha wasn't put in the game...

The question isnt so much why Sasha wasnt in the game in crunch time. The question is, why were Lamar and Luke in the game in crunch time? Shouldve kept Sasha and Farmar out there instead of bringing in two of the 3 Stooges.
LakerFanAlways
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:14 pm    Post subject:

I think it is pretty obvious that Phil is not as good of a coach that we all thought he was. A guy that has 9 rings and THAT'S the best play he draws up. He has 9 seconds on the clock and that is the best he can do with it, he knows Luke sucks yet he gets the ball and throws it back to Kobe cause he is too much of a chicken to shoot it himself. Also, how many times is it gonna take Phil to realize that having Lamar, Kwame, and Luke on the floor at the same time is a liability..what part of that does he not understand. I just don't get it, it boggles the mind.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Raptor2k
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:21 pm    Post subject:

Great, now I'm gonna have to bump this like 10 times to get the point of my thread across now that it got merged with this one.
thenextone
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:22 pm    Post subject:

LOL Turriaf making fun of LUKE on video

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/ontheroad_080122.html
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Thanks for benching Kobe in the middle of the 4th, Phil.

Boogieman2k5 wrote:
We gave up at least 6 easy buckets to the Cavs while Kobe sat and the offense went stagnant.

you're kidding me, right? kobe sat for a grand total of 3 possessions. 1 laker offensive possession, and 2 cavs possessions, and the cavs scored on only 1 of those. most of the cavs run happened with kobe on the floor, and you could attribute a lot of the cavs run to some terrible decisions kobe made on the offensive end.
Siguy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:29 pm    Post subject:

That was egregious.

How on earth do you put Lamar, Luke, and Turiaf in the game when you need a 3?

They played Luke well simply because they didn't play Lamar or Turiaf at all. Phil really needs to explain what the hell he was thinking because that was inexcusable. Absolutely inexcusable.

I'd have done a Lamar, Vlad, Kobe, Farmar, Fish lineup, or even a Vlad, Kobe, Sasha, Farmar, Fish lineup. Kobe got hard doubled and did the right thing by passing to Luke, who then waited too long hoping his defender would run by, choked, and then threw it back to Kobe.

If you had another three shooter out there, then Luke could've passed to an open Vlad or whoever.
Raptor2k
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Thanks for benching Kobe in the middle of the 4th, Phil.

mhan00 wrote:
Boogieman2k5 wrote:

you're kidding me, right? kobe sat for a grand total of 3 possessions. 1 laker offensive possession, and 2 cavs possessions, and the cavs scored on only 1 of those. most of the cavs run happened with kobe on the floor, and you could attribute a lot of the cavs run to some terrible decisions kobe made on the offensive end.

Um, no. The Cavs took a huge advantage with Kobe out of the game. Went up 4 with 4 minutes go, nearly went up 6 until Phil realized how bad of a move that was. It wasn't just 3 possessions, and the Lakers had at least 2 pathetic possessions and basically gave up the ball both times.
thenextone
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:33 pm    Post subject:

Siguy wrote:
I'd have done a Lamar, Vlad, Kobe, Farmar, Fish lineup.

No kidding,
Fish drains a shot in .4 seconds
Luke is busy passing while the clock expires.
SQUAD UP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject:

Phil took out Kobe IN A TIED GAME WITH 4 MINUTES LEFT? That alone is the reason that we lost IMO. What the Hell was Phil trying to prove, that we suck without him on the floor? Captain (bleep) obvious. We go from a tied ballgame to a 4 point deficit in a matter of seconds.

And why the hell dont we put Vlad, Sasha and Farmar in the game in these type of situations when we need a three? Both are good shooter and aren't afraid of shooting the got damn ball like Lamar and Luke are.

We are seriously in danger of falling out the playoff race, this was a game we had to have. If we somehow lose to the knicks, i can very well see us heading on a 7-8 games losing streak. It's not looking good for us at all.

Last edited by SQUAD UP on Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 40 of 41
Jump to: