Official: Ariza for Cook & Mo (DONE DEAL!!!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
golakersgo121
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject:

Hey, guys - I never liked Cookie as I put defense before any offensive ability.

But I noticed him stopping by at Conseco to say good buy and wish everybody luck. That's not easy and a classy move on his part.

Good luck to you in Orlando! Same to Mo

Did I mention that it was a good trade?

Wow! Finally to get a defender that can actually stop guys SG/SF/PF (of KG - Nowitzki kind) Wow!
Fracture
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:24 pm    Post subject:

Nice. I'm not kidding when I say I would have traded Cook for a bag of chips. Not only do we lose that horrible ball player, but we get a young defensive minded player in return? Even better..
Colby Briant
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:24 pm    Post subject:

i hear all this talk about Ariza being this defensive guy, which is true and great!

but lets not forget that this guy also has mad dunking ability. he's had so many monster dunks and posterizations i cant even remember them all. my favorite was the one on ben wallace while he was with NY. dude can get up and has no fear. i cant wait to see him get some facials on in a laker uni.

Luca Brasi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject:

just got home from work and saw this!!!!!

i loved ariza's game back when the knicks first drafted him. fantastic.
MasterRaider
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: PHIL IS SECRETLY PISSED OFF AT THIS TRADE, imho......

Luke wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
LakerSince72 wrote:
I think Phil is annoyed by the trade. I read a PJ quote saying basically "we just traded away two veterans who fit well into out system." Doesn't sound too good for the Lakers' FO/PJ contract extension. They really needed to consult with the coaching staff on such moves and you KNOW Mitch didn't do that!

Screw Phil, he can quit. We don't need him or his ancient offense.

Give us a defensive-minded coach, please !

Larry Brown will be available.

EHL_2 wrote:
Phil Jackson is never wrong
MasterRaider
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject:

mike_dee23 wrote:
Lakers999 wrote:
AWESOME!!!!
FARMAR IS OUR GM
this is jordan farmar plan to get all the UCLA guys together....

soon baron davis and aaron affolo will slowly make it out to la la land

Afflalo next?

Along with Dan Gadzuric, Earl Watson, and Jason Kapono.

EHL_2 wrote:
Phil Jackson is never wrong
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
sorry I don't see how this helps the Lakers, dude averages 4 or 5 points and shoots 60% on his free throws, unless his defense is otherworldly, I would rather have Cook & Evans...

It's more so the celebration of getting rid of 1-dimensional Cook than Ariza truly being a "great pick up".
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
If we were looking for a defensive-minded wing player, can anyone think of a player they would rather have?

Well, that's easy:

Prince
Raja
Posey
G-Wall
Barnes
Bowen

The MAJOR difference in all of those defensive-minded players over Trev - they can score and shoot better than Trev and they can drain the 3.
golakersgo121
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:02 pm    Post subject:

LuxuryBrown wrote:
unleasHell wrote:
sorry I don't see how this helps the Lakers, dude averages 4 or 5 points and shoots 60% on his free throws, unless his defense is otherworldly, I would rather have Cook & Evans...

It's more so the celebration of getting rid of 1-dimensional Cook than Ariza truly being a "great pick up".

:roll:

Would you, LB, be happy, had we picked up Ruben Patterson for that spot #15 instead of Cobe Karl?

I do believe that Trevor Aziza is better. He is not better as an outside shooter but better as more athletic Ruben Patterson, very good one-on-one defender, huge wingspan. He won't hurt for sure...
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject:

golakersgo121 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

Would you, LB, be happy, had we picked up Ruben Patterson for that spot #15 instead of Cobe Karl?

I do believe that Trevor Aziza is better. He is not better as an outside shooter but better as more athletic Ruben Patterson, very good one-on-one defender, huge wingspan. He won't hurt for sure...

Wait, you don't think Rube would have been a better pick up than scrub Karl?

All I'm saying is, it's Trevor freakin' Ariza not a top-caliber player that's gonna vault us to title contender. The outpour of excitement is more based around the fact that Cook is gone.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject:

I'd say its 50% getting rid of Cook, 50% getting an athletic defensive-minded swingman who can spell either Kobe or LO/Luke off the bench against difficult matchups. We now have true depth instead of depth in the form of redundancy.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
golakersgo121
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject:

LuxuryBrown wrote:
golakersgo121 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

All I'm saying is, it's Trevor freakin' Ariza not a top-caliber player that's gonna vault us to title contender. The outpour of excitement is more based around the fact that Cook is gone.

I was actually looking forward to us picking Ruben up at the vet min. Why? Because I wouldn't expect Ariza to be available - plain and simple.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:24 pm    Post subject:

I've watched Ariza and I hate this trade. I rather just drop cook for nothing than to give away our only Backup PF & mo evans (whos better than ariza) for a play who may never get any burn on this team.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject:

I've watched Ariza and I hate this trade. I rather just drop cook for nothing than to give away our only Backup PF & mo evans (whos better than ariza) for a play who may never get any burn on this team.
golakersgo121
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
I'd say its 50% getting rid of Cook, 50% getting an athletic defensive-minded swingman who can spell either Kobe or LO/Luke off the bench against difficult matchups. We now have true depth instead of depth in the form of redundancy.

Bingo, LS. Exchanging redundancy for athleticism - works for me just fine (especially when you save some money along the way)
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:39 pm    Post subject:

golakersgo121 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
golakersgo121 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

I was actually looking forward to us picking Ruben up at the vet min. Why? Because I wouldn't expect Ariza to be available - plain and simple.

What would make you think "Trevor Ariza "was unattainable, especially when we basically got him for peanuts?
KB08
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:41 pm    Post subject:

Yessssssssssssssss.....Cook is gone. I really liked Mo, but I guess we wouldn't have resigned him at the end of the season.

Welcome to the Lakers, Trevor
GOAT - #24 Kobe Bryant
golakersgo121
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject:

LuxuryBrown wrote:
golakersgo121 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
golakersgo121 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

What would make you think "Trevor Ariza "was unattainable, especially when we basically got him for peanuts?

I would have done the same trade this summer or two summers ago. I just didn't think that it's doable for Mo and Cookie...

Besides, you do remember that Trevor is UCLA kid from LA, don't you
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject:

golakersgo121 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
golakersgo121 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
golakersgo121 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

I would have done the same trade this summer or two summers ago. I just didn't think that it's doable for Mo and Cookie...

Besides, you do remember that Trevor is UCLA kid from LA, don't you

So you eventually want a squad of:

PG - BDiddy/Farmar
SG - Afflalo
SF - Ariza/Barnes
PF - Luc Richard Mbah a Moute
C - Kevin Love

...right?
DzLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:58 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:

You know what? Sasha this year > Mo

With Turiaf back, Odom and Vlad, Cook wasn't going to get minutes anyway as the backup PF.
AboveTheRim
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:08 pm    Post subject:

"Trevor Ariza, Orlando Magic: Ariza struggled through much of the preseason with injuries"

LINK

Anyone know what kind of injuries?
Chrome Hearts
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:35 am    Post subject:

buh bye coooooooooookie.

buh bye ball-chuckin' mo.

good riddance.
limchrc
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:31 am    Post subject:

Caught me by surprise... did not hear anything about this until it was a done deal. Nice move though.
chino
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:36 am    Post subject:

Colby Briant wrote:
i hear all this talk about Ariza being this defensive guy, which is true and great!

but lets not forget that this guy also has mad dunking ability. he's had so many monster dunks and posterizations i cant even remember them all. my favorite was the one on ben wallace while he was with NY. dude can get up and has no fear. i cant wait to see him get some facials on in a laker uni.

The one in Oka4 it's the best!!!loool

I expect big things from Ariza!!!
paymonM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:53 am    Post subject:

AND,

from his bio:

"Season Highs: Points: 21 (Jan 25 vs. Phoenix); Assists: 6 (Dec 27 at Orlando); Rebounds: 11 (Jan 25 vs. Phoenix)."

a defensive athletic SF that gets season highs against Phoenix. I can live with that

lakers are thinking defensive matchup against marion in case they meet again in the playoffs
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10
Jump to: