***OFFICIAL: LAKERS VS. BULLS****
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 37, 38, 39  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject:

Tony Almeida wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
Tony Almeida wrote:
I believe HoopsChick's theory has been proven true once again.

Which is what?

Sasha will perform better than normal when you put him in the game when we are either up 20, or down 20.

Yea, who would have thought Sasha would perform well when nothing he does matters and thus no pressure? Hmm, what's another none pressure situation...oh yea, practice!!!

I kid, I kid

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:05 pm    Post subject:

I think we just won 3 straight...did we?
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
KOBEhastheMAGIC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject:

STill not a pretty win. We played like crap for most of the game. They were coming off a B2B and didn't have their best player. That's three teams that we have struggled against now who have been missing their best players. Two of them were on a B2B. Are we going to be able to beat these etams at full strength? We also played bad D throughout the game and gave up a bunch of wide open shots...they just did not go down. Is it just me or do we give up more wide wide wide open shots than anybody else? I never see our players completely wide open with no even close to challenge. But we seem to give up those shots a lot......
Kobe Bryant has brought the Lakers three championships, 4 Finals, carried an absolutely pathetic team to the playoffs in a loaded Western Conference and has given us countless thrills and memories. If you are not a Kobe fan, then you are not a Laker fan.
Tony Almeida
Retired

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
Tony Almeida wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
Tony Almeida wrote:
I believe HoopsChick's theory has been proven true once again.

Which is what?

Sasha will perform better than normal when you put him in the game when we are either up 20, or down 20.

Yea, who would have thought Sasha would perform well when nothing he does matters and thus no pressure? Hmm, what's another none pressure situation...oh yea, practice!!!

I kid, I kid

You know the hardcore Sasha fans (all four of them), will use this game as proof that Sasha just needs a little more time, and that he indeed, wasn't a bad draft pick at all.
thegreatest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:10 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:

Yep.. now can we ever win 5 in a row.

I dont think we did last year
Wolverine
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:10 pm    Post subject:

KOBEhastheMAGIC wrote:
STill not a pretty win. We played like crap for most of the game. They were coming off a B2B and didn't have their best player. That's three teams that we have struggled against now who have been missing their best players. Two of them were on a B2B. Are we going to be able to beat these etams at full strength? We also played bad D throughout the game and gave up a bunch of wide open shots...they just did not go down. Is it just me or do we give up more wide wide wide open shots than anybody else? I never see our players completely wide open with no even close to challenge. But we seem to give up those shots a lot......

They won by 30. What MORE do you want?
VujacicFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject:

SASHA!!!!!!! Needs more minutes.
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject:

KOBEhastheMAGIC wrote:

If that was struggling, I hope we struggle throughout the season.

And no, we don't give up significantly more wide open shots than anyone else.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:15 pm    Post subject:

thegreatest wrote:
Drifts wrote:

Pacers and Bucks up next...hmmmm...
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
eagles nut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject:

Putting qualifiers on wins or losses is silly. All that matters is if you won or lost.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:18 pm    Post subject:

Wolverine wrote:
KOBEhastheMAGIC wrote:

probably win by 31
KOBEhastheMAGIC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:24 pm    Post subject:

Wolverine wrote:
KOBEhastheMAGIC wrote:

I want them to dissect teams instead of relying on streak shooting and energy from the second unit when the opponent is on the second night of a B2B and without their best player. I don't wanna have doubts about chances against a team if they were fresh and at full strength. That's what separates us from being a good team. We have a bunch mentally weak morons. Because they are mentally weak, they are highly inconsistent. And because they are morons they rely on streak shooting and ebergy to beat teams instead of knowing how to win and dissect teams. That doesn't cut it against really good, expereinced, defensive etams San Antonio, and it most certainly will not work in the playoffs.
Kobe Bryant has brought the Lakers three championships, 4 Finals, carried an absolutely pathetic team to the playoffs in a loaded Western Conference and has given us countless thrills and memories. If you are not a Kobe fan, then you are not a Laker fan.
D Nice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject:

Classic Odom coming off of a good game. I wonder if we'd still be able to ship him and Kwame and maybe Sasha and some picks for JO and Tinsley.
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:30 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
thegreatest wrote:
Drifts wrote:

Pacers and Bucks up next...hmmmm...

The upcoming 3 game road trip will be a nice test. It's against some 2 not so hot teams, but there's a back to back in there and Boston on Friday.

Quote:
We have a bunch mentally weak morons. Because they are mentally weak, they are highly inconsistent. And because they are morons they rely on streak shooting and ebergy to beat teams instead of knowing how to win and dissect teams. That doesn't cut it against really good, expereinced, defensive etams San Antonio, and it most certainly will not work in the playoffs.

So by mentally weak, do you mean guys who lack confidence, that are pessimistic, let little things get to them and are quick to look for negatives in a positive performance?

p.s. the playoffs don't start for months.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:31 pm    Post subject:

D Nice wrote:
Classic Odom coming off of a good game. I wonder if we'd still be able to ship him and Kwame and maybe Sasha and some picks for JO and Tinsley.

it's just LO being LO
OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject:

Exick wrote:
Quote:
We have a bunch mentally weak morons. Because they are mentally weak, they are highly inconsistent. And because they are morons they rely on streak shooting and ebergy to beat teams instead of knowing how to win and dissect teams. That doesn't cut it against really good, expereinced, defensive etams San Antonio, and it most certainly will not work in the playoffs.

So by mentally weak, do you mean guys who lack confidence, that are pessimistic, let little things get to them and are quick to look for negatives in a positive performance?

p.s. the playoffs don't start for months.

Reply of the month.
mikobe
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:47 pm    Post subject:

KOBEhastheMAGIC wrote:
Wolverine wrote:
KOBEhastheMAGIC wrote:

I want them to dissect teams instead of relying on streak shooting and energy from the second unit when the opponent is on the second night of a B2B and without their best player. I don't wanna have doubts about chances against a team if they were fresh and at full strength. That's what separates us from being a good team. We have a bunch mentally weak morons. Because they are mentally weak, they are highly inconsistent. And because they are morons they rely on streak shooting and ebergy to beat teams instead of knowing how to win and dissect teams. That doesn't cut it against really good, expereinced, defensive etams San Antonio, and it most certainly will not work in the playoffs.

The lakers did not have ronnie and lost Kwame in the first half okay deng averages 14 points ronnie 9 so thats a 5 point diff and we won by 28 no bash but how old are you just asking ?
lakerhead
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:22 pm    Post subject:

D Nice wrote:

nice game on the defensive end though... altered plenty of shots
24KaratGold
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:23 pm    Post subject:

Freaking sweet 1st Laker game.

And free tacos from Taco Bell.

And it only took 15 minutes to get home from Staples... and I live 25 miles away.

The fans started booing one of the participants when he couldn't make a layup during the halftime show skills challenge.

And we had awesome seats.
TEAM LAKERS MEMBER #54
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:38 pm    Post subject:

Lakes are showing signs of being a Team right now. Specs to emplay for helping me get on here at LG. Lakes are creepin on the come up.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:42 pm    Post subject:

KOBEhastheMAGIC wrote:
I want them to dissect teams

Outscoring a team 61-32 in the second half is pretty much dissecting them.
KOBEhastheMAGIC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:59 pm    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
KOBEhastheMAGIC wrote:

Nope....we didn't dissect them. We outhustled them and outshot them. That's not going to work against good, experienced, defensive minded teams.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:01 pm    Post subject:

KOBEhastheMAGIC wrote:
RG73 wrote:
KOBEhastheMAGIC wrote:

Nope....we didn't dissect them. We outhustled them and outshot them. That's not going to work against good, experienced, defensive minded teams.

lol, Chicago not a defensive minded team? Chicago is one the best defensive teams in the league... its their offense which sucks.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:03 pm    Post subject:

KOBEhastheMAGIC wrote:
RG73 wrote:
KOBEhastheMAGIC wrote:

:roll:
Tony Almeida
Retired

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:08 pm    Post subject:

KOBEhastheMAGIC wrote:
RG73 wrote:
KOBEhastheMAGIC wrote:

Dude.

What...are you talking about?

We outhustled them and outshot them, which apparently doesn't count as dissecting a team, because that somehow won't work against good, experienced, defensive minded teams?

Is that even supposed to make sense?

We outplayed them on offense, we outplayed them on defense. We blew them out. We ended up dissecting their team. It was a pretty decent win. Enjoy it, and let's move on to the next game.

Last edited by Tony Almeida on Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 38 of 39
Jump to: