** Official: TIMBERWOLVES @ LAKERS Friday 11/9/07 **
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 24, 25, 26  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SirRunnethOfSoCal
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:56 pm    Post subject:

We'll probably lose. As usual, these punks will play down to their opponent's level, and think the game is in the bag even before gametime, just like what happened last game. I think people around here have learned that the Lakers are still the same team from last year. Beating good teams, losing to garbage teams. This is what really ticks me off about this team. They think they're better than they actually are. So yeah, sorry to say, I believe we'll lose tonight. And oh yeah, Phil is overpaid and overrated, and he is a hindrance to Andrew Bynum's path to greatness.
Dennis_D
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:00 pm    Post subject:

LakerHabib wrote:
Why is everyone hatin on LS?

I'm not hating. I just pointing out that his/her posting volume has been incredible.
Lakers For Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:06 pm    Post subject:

LakerHabib wrote:

He started off with a smart remark, padded his posts several times and yet to comment on the subject of the thread.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:32 pm    Post subject:

Lakers For Life wrote:
LakerHabib wrote:

He started off with a smart remark, padded his posts several times and yet to comment on the subject of the thread.

No, it wasn't a smart remark, it was a miscommunication. I seriously thought you might have had the day off. I am not that kind of poster. I tried to apologize for the misunderstanding, if that's not enough, so be it.

And Dennis... my post rate is pretty high, you are right. I'll end it at that.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost

Last edited by LakerSanity on Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
PurpleHayz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject:

LakerHabib wrote:

I'm not hating just busting his balls. I always find it funny when people label a thread "offical" or "OT" when if it is infact OT it should go in the correct forum.
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject:

I SAY THIS!

T-Wolves 89
Lakers 104 F

Odom 12/10/5
Dennis_D
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject:

Looking at the stats, the #1 thing that jumps out about the T-Wolves is that give up more free thows in the league (40.3 per game) while shooting the second lowest (18.0). They commit 29.7 fouls to their opponents 18.0

Jefferson is their star, averaging 19.0 ppg and 11.7 rpg. McCants is their second best player, averaging 14.7 ppg on 54.5% shooting, 54.5% from 3. Career journeyman Greg Buckner is their third best player. Craig Smith has done well off the bench. The rest of the team sucks.
LakerHabib
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject:

Anyone posting with the aim of inflating their post count shouldn't be on this forum. If you don't have quality to contributed, then you shouldn't be. That said, LS's posts are amongst the finest quality posts I've seen on this site along with only a small handful of other people's, so I think it's absurd to call him out on the padding. NP though, I have no place to judge.

Regarding tomorrow's game: I expect the Lakers to come out strong led by Fish and Kobe as a previous poster said. They will not lose this game...
Lakers by 10+!

I think the Lakers will do a good job containing Al Jeff (who's been so solid for the wolves, I really respect his game). Can't wait to see what Brewer and McCants can do in the backcourt (hopefully not much). And 'Toine... it's almost as fun as watching Smush play for the Heat

Amen to that!
LakerHabib
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject:

PurpleHayz wrote:
I always find it funny when people label a thread "offical" or "OT" when if it is infact OT it should go in the correct forum.

lmao, I always crack up at the "Official" threads too... OT's are just getting annoying.

Amen to that!
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
Lakers For Life wrote:
LakerHabib wrote:

No, it wasn't a smart remark, it was a miscommunication. I seriously thought you might have had the day off. I am not that kind of poster. I tried to apologize for the misunderstanding, if that's not enough, so be it.

And Dennis... my post rate is pretty high, you are right. I'll end it at that.

So what if your post is high? It just means you're Laker obsessed like many others. That's hardly a crime on LG.net. In fact, it's welcome.
REPPIN 818
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject:

Close this thread and remake a new one tomorrow. This is what happens when things are done a bit too premature

If anyone is ganna make fun of LS for his high post count - don't even try it. It's a LAKERS message board. So what if LS enjoys analyzing basketball. Are you ganna call charles barkley a nerd because he analyzes basketball? Kenny the Jet Smith?

No, don't even go there. I'm on your side, Sanity
George W Buss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject:

REPPIN 818 wrote:
Close this thread and remake a new one tomorrow. This is what happens when things are done a bit too premature

If anyone is ganna make fun of LS for his high post count - don't even try it. It's a LAKERS message board. So what if LS enjoys analyzing basketball. Are you ganna call charles barkley a nerd because he analyzes basketball? Kenny the Jet Smith?

Yeah, and let BK be the one who opens it.
His preview is excellent and he shares those invaluable online streaming links too ...
REPPIN 818
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject:

George W Buss wrote:
REPPIN 818 wrote:

Yeah, and let BK be the one who opens it.
His preview is excellent and he shares those invaluable online streaming links too ...

We really should get a designated person to open it up. I would be willing to, if I had the time. Someone who could write a kick ass preview would be sweet.
Do It Now Mitch

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject:

REPPIN 818 wrote:

OMG, why all this whining? It's embarrassing. Nobody wants to post about the next game, but wants to claim the game thread lol. Ridiculous.
Jeffs
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject:

Do It Now Mitch wrote:
REPPIN 818 wrote:

OMG, why all this whining? It's embarrassing. Nobody wants to post about the next game, but wants to claim the game thread lol. Ridiculous.

And your post is productive because...?

Yeah. That's irony for you.

I feel like I just watched someone TRULY give 100%. Not the BS I'm-gonna-give-a-110%-just-like-everyone-else-says platitudes, but someone that went until he just....broke. - GT
Do It Now Mitch

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:40 pm    Post subject:

Jeffs wrote:
Do It Now Mitch wrote:
REPPIN 818 wrote:

And your post is productive because...?

Yeah. That's irony for you.

I don't know, I'm trying to figure out your post.
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject:

I can't believe how selfish LS is in this thread.

Talk about ego.

Just kidding LS! You're one of my favorite posters!
LakerHabib
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject:

Why is everyone lovin on LS?

(that doesn't sound right)

Amen to that!
24KaratGold
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:38 pm    Post subject:

At where this thread is going
melo061
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject:

If people think LS's posting rate is high then you need to go check out other basketball boards. His/her post count is tame compared to other users on other message boards

Perfect music.
Lakers For Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject:

24KaratGold wrote:
At where this thread is going

I guess this is how posters warm up before they post on the actual subject of the thread. Guess some people got pissed I started the thread about 12 hours too early, the odasity. Especially after a loss 2 days ago. Lets continue to not talk about the upcoming game. Lets wait till actual game day.
Lakers For Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject:

melo061 wrote:
If people think LS's posting rate is high then you need to go check out other basketball boards. His/her post count is tame compared to other users on other message boards

Its really not about posting rate, its about posting quality. Why would the 1st response of a new thread have nothing to contribute to the thread title and then follow it up with 4 more posts that have nothing to do with the subject of the thread?
Heyvoon24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject:

Lakers For Life wrote:
melo061 wrote:

Its really not about posting rate, its about posting quality. Why would the 1st response of a new thread have nothing to contribute to the thread title and then follow it up with 4 more posts that have nothing to do with the subject of the thread?

Jeeez, whats the big deal? I find most of LS's posts to be very insightful, and he's not just trying to make his post count go up. This thread is one day too early.
Lakers For Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject:

Heyvoon24 wrote:
Lakers For Life wrote:
melo061 wrote:

Jeeez, whats the big deal? I find most of LS's posts to be very insightful, and he's not just trying to make his post count go up. This thread is one day too early.

You could just see how he changed the whole dynamic of the thread. One day early, my bad. I didn't know talking about the Hornets loss past 2 days wasn't worn out yet.
Belkin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:04 pm    Post subject:

mccants sprained his ankle in their last game. anyone know if he's playing tomorrow?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 2 of 26
Jump to: