*** OFFICIAL: HORNETS @ LAKERS 11/06/2007 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:08 pm    Post subject:

Jeffs wrote:
doriszhu wrote:
Vlad is doing pretty good tonight, why he only played 18 minutes, and didn't touch the ball a lot???

Vlad played awful defense. He cost us more points than he got us.

Quote:
They shot 56% from 3.... 10/13 from Peja. Luke could have played better D, we missed Kwame, REALLY missed LO, Bynum had 2 or 3 misses he shouldn't have had, and Kobe had some defensive lapses... but you gotta give it the Hornets. We didn't actually play so bad, it was just the 3s.

Are those injuries being used as an excuse again? I thought you promised not to use them this year.

If LO misses 20+ games, I am not using it as an excuse. Didn't even really use it as an excuse for LO nor Kwame this game... I think we could have won this game anyways had Vlad/Luke simply played better D on Peja (as you said, many of those 3s was simply Vlad lagging off of Peja for no reason... Vlad cost us this game IMO).

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

We should have exploited Peja like they exploited Cook.
cirehawk
Star Player
Star Player

HyeLakers wrote:
With odom were 4-0

Easy to say, and I don't really see the point. Fact is, we're 2-2.
mike_dee23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject:

AllorNothing wrote:
We should have exploited Peja like they exploited Cook.

That's hard when Peja is guarding Luke and Radman. Those two, although they bring a lot, don't exactly shout out the word "exploit" to me.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
LVLAKERFAN
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:12 pm    Post subject:

We almost beat the reloaded Hornets without out two of three starters and one of our first guys of the Bench (Evans).

We were missing our best defensive big, our best rounder bounder and 2nd highest scorer and one of our sparks off the bench.

It would have been like the us being full strength and playing against the hornets without Chandler and Peja.

How about Bynum with 13 boards again?

Bynum's season averages in the 1st 4 games are
10.3 PPG (58.0 FG%, 100 FT%)
9.5 RPG
2.0 AGP
1.0 BPG
0.8 SPG
0.8 TOPG

In just 22.3 MPG against 4 very good teams (Rockets, Jazz, Suns, Hornets) Bynum will 23 years old in October of 2010. That's 3 more Summers of working out, 3 more years of experience, and he will be the best Center in the league.
AD/MORRIS/DUDLEY
GASOL/HARRELL/TINKLE
Coachs:Vogel/Kidd
melo061
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:14 pm    Post subject:

LVLAKERFAN wrote:
We almost beat the reloaded Hornets without out two of three starters and one of our first guys of the Bench (Evans).

We were missing our best defensive big, our best rounder bounder and 2nd highest scorer and one of our sparks off the bench.

It would have been like the us being full strength and playing against the hornets without Chandler and Peja.

How about Bynum with 13 boards again?

Bynum's season averages in the 1st 4 games are
10.3 PPG (58.0 FG%, 100 FT%)
9.5 RPG
2.0 AGP
1.0 BPG
0.8 SPG
0.8 TOPG

In just 22.3 MPG against 4 very good teams (Rockets, Jazz, Suns, Hornets) Bynum will 23 years old in October of 2010. That's 3 more Summers of working out, 3 more years of experience, and he will be the best Center in the league.

Bynum sucked. Selfish play, terrible finishing. Only thing he did good was rebounding like a madman late in the first half. PJ stting him didn't help either

Perfect music.
Banzai
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:15 pm    Post subject:

I'm bummed about this loss. Still I hope this isn't where the Lakers decline and go on a losing streak...anyone think that practice will make this team realize what it needs to do? I'm worried how things will turn out when the Lakers go to New Orleans..that will be scary.
Siguy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:25 pm    Post subject:

The lesson from the game:
When the other team goes 20 of 22 from the line and Peja goes for 10 of 13 from Three, we're not gonna win.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:07 pm    Post subject:

The lesson from the game is STAY HOME ON THE DEADLY SHOOTER. All CP did was drive the week side, the guy covering Peja collapses to help, and he would just kick it to him.
dirka dirka
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:08 pm    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
The lesson from the game is STAY HOME ON THE DEADLY SHOOTER. All CP did was drive the week side, the guy covering Peja collapses to help, and he would just kick it to him.

I know its like they watched tape or something while the Lakers decided to keep doing what didn't work.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject:

melo061 wrote:
Bynum sucked. Selfish play, terrible finishing. Only thing he did good was rebounding like a madman late in the first half. PJ stting him didn't help either

Bynum looked out of sorts in the post tonight. His hook shots were flat, and he didn't deliver down low. But selfish play, and suck? The guy outrebounded one of the games best rebounders in Chandler, had two blocks, he wasn't bad defensively, and where did the selfish part come in?
Lakers For Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:37 pm    Post subject:

Hornets were tough tonight. The guy guarding Peja shouldn't have left him for any reason even on help defense. We needed Rick Fox tonight.

I'm surprised Peja's previous 3 point record in a game was only 7, now being 10. Just a sick 3 point shooter. I think Radmanovic can be like that.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:47 pm    Post subject:

Lakers For Life wrote:
Hornets were tough tonight. The guy guarding Peja shouldn't have left him for any reason even on help defense. We needed Rick Fox tonight.

I'm surprised Peja's previous 3 point record in a game was only 7, now being 10. Just a sick 3 point shooter. I think Radmanovic can be like that.

Well there's a reason why even dead eye shooters like Peja don't make all those 3s regularly. It's called an adjustment. usually after about the 4th make, somebody's velcroing themselves to them and making them put it on the floor.

That didn't happen tonight.
Lakers For Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:56 pm    Post subject:

Another problem tonight, Lakers went on long stretches of cold shooting and they had no inside game established. Another reason they need to run the offense thru Bynum inside.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:32 am    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
Lakers For Life wrote:

Well there's a reason why even dead eye shooters like Peja don't make all those 3s regularly. It's called an adjustment. usually after about the 4th make, somebody's velcroing themselves to them and making them put it on the floor.

That didn't happen tonight.

That responsibility falls on Phil and the coaching staff to not make the defensive adjustment. They've got to get their mentality back to the previous 2 games and play shut down defense.
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:56 am    Post subject:

I don't think we could have stop Paul from penetrating anytime soon. But it would be nice if we make Paul a scorer like we did with Deron Williams and Nash. Let them get their points and more.
melo061
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:25 am    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
melo061 wrote:

Bynum looked out of sorts in the post tonight. His hook shots were flat, and he didn't deliver down low. But selfish play, and suck? The guy outrebounded one of the games best rebounders in Chandler, had two blocks, he wasn't bad defensively, and where did the selfish part come in?

There was a time where he didn't even look to pass the ball despite the fact that his shot was never going in.

Perfect music.
limchrc
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:48 am    Post subject:

I was not able to watch the game. Wow, Peja had 10 3-pointers. He must have been on fire.
hi_ma
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:10 am    Post subject:

melo061 wrote:

There was a time where he didn't even look to pass the ball despite the fact that his shot was never going in.

re watch the game. Guys were barely cutting when AB got the ball.

He was fine. Always something.

The lakers will get prince.
Kobi-wan-kenobi
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:47 am    Post subject:

Wow... Absolutely horrible defense. They looked like they didnt even care out there last night. Very poor rotations, there was a shooter open on nearly every play. Luke and Vlad played horrible on Peja. Why was he always open? He didnt even come off screens or anything, he was just standing in one spot and would always be open. After the first 3-4 shots, all they had to do was stay in Pejas shorts... But they continued to wonder around. And Fish/Farmar did a really poor job on CP3... I mean seriously, 22 assists? Wtf is that about? They couldnt stay in front of him to save their lives.

Another thing, as much as I love Bynum, he plays horrible defense on pick and rolls. He stays out at the pg way too long, which leads to poor rotations and open guys. I saw that several times Bynum would come out at CP3, and leave his man open in the paint, so Turiaf would rotate over, leaving his guy open... Ugh. Just awful.

On offense I think we did decent, we just couldnt hit our open shots. And their wasnt much ball rotation. It was too much 1on1 stuff. And why the hell dont we pound it inside? Bynum didnt get hardly any touches inside, so he had no rythym the few times he did get it.

Horrible game all the way around.
Lakers For Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:06 pm    Post subject:

Hornets lose to winless Blazers tonight. Peja sucked.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31
Page 31 of 31
Jump to: