*** OFFICIAL: UTAH JAZZ vs LOS ANGELES LAKERS ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 34, 35, 36  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cirehawk
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Leo wrote:
Now that was some Lakers basketball. I'm proud that the youngsters are playing with fire. Great Game!

Absolutely. Now I have a question, and I'm not being sarcastic. Are these guys just performing better, or is Kobe making them better? I've always maintained that all your star can do is put teammates in a position to succeed. It's up to the player to come through. If they continue to deliver I'm sure all the talk will be that Kobe is finally making his teammates better.
Siguy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject:

Great win. Man, this is a great reward for the fans after such a hideous, painful off season. Really takes the pressure off.

Kobe's defense has been amazing. He did not deserve first team NBA defense the past few years, but wow, these first few games he looks like defensive player of the year. Wowza. That's what happens when everyone moves and he gets his points on cuts to the basket. Makes everything easier.
MedRomLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject:

Wow fsn interview of bynum said pj left bynum in on purpose instead of keeping the rotation the same and letting kwame come back in during the forth
lalakers3224
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject:

THE BENCH MOB! I like that!
lalakers3224
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject:

I don't want to get ahead of myself...But if Bynum is going to play like this...the passion....awwwwww crap, here we come!!!
FloppyDiskz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject:

I dont know about anyone else but this team has me BELIEVING in the impossible.
Heyvoon24
Star Player
Star Player

(bleep)!!!! all of this with lamar on the sidelines....

and just wait til J-Crit gets some licks in too. this team has real ballers!
BK
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

Can someone youtube that x-mo block by Kobe? Pretty please?
fadeaway8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:34 pm    Post subject:

Kobe's block on Kirilenko:

Link
Heyvoon24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject:

i can really see Bynum but up these numbers all season. He's been playing legit big men these past 2 games.

frontline of Bynum, tuiaf, odom is too nasty!!
lalakers3224
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject:

As you can see, I got my Eye on the Prize!
MedRomLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject:

Deron Williams in after game show called the lakers a playoff team, and said they wanted to come out to make a statement but couldn't and fell up on the defense.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject:

Bynum's Number So Far -

Last season - 8 PPG, 6 RBD, 1.1 AST in 22 minutes (Per 40 - 14.5 PPG, 11 RBD, 2 AST)
This season - 11 PPG, 9 RBD, 2.3 AST in 20 minutes (Per 40 - 22 PPG, 18 RBD, 4.6 AST)

I am not one who has to eat crow since I have always been high on him. He is somewhat actually exceeding my expectations so far as I predicted 12/8/2 in 25 minutes this season. I expect his blocks to catch up... what I really want to see from him is to keep his defense improving WHILE limiting foul trouble AND, more importantly, to keep this up the ENTIRE season (instead of fading as he did last year). Hopefully, because he has a trainer this entire year, he will keep it up and only get stronger as the season progresses.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
md8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject:

I'm really impressed with how much our young guys have improved. We have a nice bench. I know its early. But I think we have a good shot at a 4/5 seed.
Luca Brasi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject:

bynum's been unbelievable. he'll either start before the season's over, or at least we'll see him finish games. bank on it.

btw, LS you may not have to eat crow about bynum, but you have to eat a little crow about kobe and your worries about his effort, especially on the defenisive end. you, wolfie and JC were pushing the panic button pretty hard. but it's all good.
Brand New
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:11 pm    Post subject:

Great game by Bynum and Farmar AKA the future of this Lakers team they showed a lot of potential tonight.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:15 pm    Post subject:

Luca Brasi wrote:
bynum's been unbelievable. he'll either start before the season's over, or at least we'll see him finish games. bank on it.

btw, LS you may not have to eat crow about bynum, but you have to eat a little crow about kobe and your worries about his effort, especially on the defenisive end. you, wolfie and JC were pushing the panic button pretty hard. but it's all good.

Find me one quote where I predicted that Kobe wouldn't put out the effort... I was worried, just about as most people were, but I never was convinced he wouldn't. In fact, I have generally kept the philosophy that winning would cure everything. I will say though that my doubts have disappeared and my concerns have been alleviated.

Luca Brasi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
Luca Brasi wrote:

Find me one quote where I predicted that Kobe wouldn't put out the effort... I was worried, just about as most people were, but I never was convinced he wouldn't. In fact, I have generally kept the philosophy that winning would cure everything. I will say though that my doubts have disappeared and my concerns have been alleviated.

i'm just joshing you. it was just funny how panicked everyone one was.

i will say this, though, you have been one of the few people that was on record early about how good this team was.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:24 pm    Post subject:

Cool ... I always thought that with a fully motivated Kobe and health, this team could really win. Add great defense to that? This team could even surprise me. I don't want to get ahead of myself just yet, but the way Kobe and the team has committed to D, playing the way they are playing WITHOUT ODOM... really gives me hope that maybe even my prediction of 50 wins (if healthy/motivated Kobe) this season could be exceeded.

drzucchini
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:31 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
Last season - 8 PPG, 6 RBD, 1.1 AST in 22 minutes (Per 40 - 14.5 PPG, 11 RBD, 2 AST)
This season - 11 PPG, 9 RBD, 2.3 AST in 20 minutes (Per 40 - 22 PPG, 18 RBD, 4.6 AST).

Worthless comparison at this point in time, seeing as how you have a phenomenal sample size of three to go by for this season. Compare them again after 40 games.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:32 pm    Post subject:

cirehawk wrote:
Absolutely. Now I have a question, and I'm not being sarcastic. Are these guys just performing better, or is Kobe making them better? I've always maintained that all your star can do is put teammates in a position to succeed. It's up to the player to come through. If they continue to deliver I'm sure all the talk will be that Kobe is finally making his teammates better.

He's making them better simply by sharing the ball and allowing them the opportunities to do what they do. Kobe is always going to draw a lot of attention. If he shares the ball then it results in easier baskets for his teammates. If he doesn't trust them then they can't get going. The past two games he is trusting his teammates, and they are delivering. If Kobe plays like this all-season, we have no catastrophic injuries, and the front office and Kobe can work things out, we're going to be dangerous.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:35 pm    Post subject:

drzucchini wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
This season - 11 PPG, 9 RBD, 2.3 AST in 20 minutes (Per 40 - 22 PPG, 18 RBD, 4.6 AST).

Worthless comparison at this point in time, seeing as how you have a phenomenal sample size of three to go by for this season. Compare them again after 40 games.

Duh ... sometimes these things are so obvious they really don't need to be stated. It's why I said Bynum's numbers SO FAR. Relax, enjoy the win... you get to celebrate the name on the back AND the name on the front tonight. Hope you can handle it... just take big breaths.

insidepresence
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:37 pm    Post subject:

I think the biggest difference is that the team bench is so much better. It really is dominating they way they run. Jordan Farmer is quickly making me believe he can most certainly start but only when Bynum does. I think they have an amazing chemistry that shouldn't be broken up.

Add onto that the enormous upgrade that is Derek Fisher over that deviant of a charlatan Smush Parker...did he really start for us? Come on

Last edited by insidepresence on Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Trey
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:38 pm    Post subject:

MedRomLaker wrote:
Deron Williams in after game show called the lakers a playoff team, and said they wanted to come out to make a statement but couldn't and fell up on the defense.

Damn.. I REALLY RESPECT players like that.. Thank you Deron

Instead of little snob (bleep) like NASH who always say "we beat ourselves"
AndrewBynum17
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:53 pm    Post subject:

drzucchini wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

and in a bad way too rememeber he's still not even starting, and the first game he scored 4 on 2 for 6.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 35 of 36
Jump to: