Not receiving emails when replys are posted

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> User Feedback / Report a Bug Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakers_less_340+
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:13 pm    Post subject: Not receiving emails when replys are posted

Is there anyway to correct this problem? I have posted topics, yet I usually have to check to see if someone replies. No email notification!

Help!
Phil
Retired

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:34 pm    Post subject:

Your account settings are right. Are you sure you are checking the e-mail that you registered with?
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:58 am    Post subject:

If after you check to make sure you're looking at the right email address, as Phil suggested, then the next thing to do is check to see if you're getting PM notifications. If you don't already have PM email notifications turn on, then turn them on, and we'll send you a PM. If you get the PM notification but not the reply notification, then we have an issue. If you don't get either, then we likely have the wrong email address, or maybe you have some sort of filtering that's catching it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:46 am    Post subject:

The other thing to be sure of is that you're checking the box that says "Notify me when a reply is posted". It isn't checked by default.
lakers_less_340+
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:27 pm    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
If after you check to make sure you're looking at the right email address, as Phil suggested, then the next thing to do is check to see if you're getting PM notifications. If you don't already have PM email notifications turn on, then turn them on, and we'll send you a PM. If you get the PM notification but not the reply notification, then we have an issue. If you don't get either, then we likely have the wrong email address, or maybe you have some sort of filtering that's catching it.

Yes both options are checked!
lakers_less_340+
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:32 pm    Post subject:

For the record, I use no filtering or spam software, I use Microsoft Outlook, last one I received was on 4-12-07
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:30 am    Post subject:

I just sent you a test PM. Let me know if you get the email notification.

The date you mentioned is approximately when we switched to the new server, so it's possible that reply notification got damaged in the move. If you get the PM notification, then that's probably what happened.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> User Feedback / Report a Bug All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: