Javascript Bug and...

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> User Feedback / Report a Bug Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
s0na
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:41 pm    Post subject: Javascript Bug and...

When you go to www.lakersground.net, the front index page, there is a little annoying javascript error that pops up when you mouseover the hyperlinks on the main navigation image.

Also there is a difference between when you type the following in the address bar of your browser:

http://www.lakersground.net

versus

http://lakersground.net

When you prefix the url with 'www', the website loads the main front page of lakersground. When you do not, it takes you directly to the phpBB forums.

Small little issues, but worth noting I think.
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:05 pm    Post subject:

What's the text of the error you're getting? I'm not getting it, and nobody else to my knowledge is either. Oftentimes when just one person gets something like this, it's a configuration issue on their computer.

For with vs. without www, that's correct. There are actually many virtual domains associated with our server, and the alternate address allows people to bypass the "splash" page easily if they so wish.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
s0na
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject:

Hi LarryCoon,

The error I get is:

Line: 55
Char: 1
Error: Object expected
Code: 0
URL: http://www.lakersground.net/

I happened to have my IE browser settings set to display all script errors thats why I am getting that error. Turning off script notifications hides the error. You will notice an error text displayed in the window status in the lower left hand corner even if you have script notifications turned off.

-s0na
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:51 am    Post subject:

Yeah, turns out there IS an issue. Some of the files are there with the relative path under one virtual host, but not the other.

Thank you for pointing it out.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> User Feedback / Report a Bug All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: