The Official Jermaine O'Neal Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 40, 41, 42  Next

 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
clutchkobe
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Sep 2005
Posts: 1964

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:20 pm    Post subject:

LakersInFour wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
Shoes, I know you be loving yourself some Lamar and a lot of that gets thrown back in your face around here but the simple truth is that any deal for JO cannot involve LO. Any Laker fan that's attempting to rationalize such a move is really just in full-out panic gotta-do-something-anything-NOW mode. Which will lead to hasty oft irrational decision making.

Now, I will admit that I was NEVER ever and Odom fan. Not when he was drafted and hyped with the Clips and especially so not after his pot problems. I always saw a guy that wanted to be "the guy" (especially when the Clips were playing against the Lakes) who'd make poor decisions and take ill-advised shots--usually 3's--at very crucial times.

When I heard that the Lakers had traded Shaq for a deal centered around Lamar, I smacked my forehead so hard, it scared my dogs.

And then I watched him play with a cynical eye and thought "this guy has unGodly tools for someone with his size and length so the only answer to why he hasn't blown up is that he's dumb." He has frustrated and teased far more than he's ever capitalized on his promise throughout his career. And the first 2 season he spent in P&G did very little to change my mind about him (although he was showing those periodic Lamar flashes after the all-star break and against the Suns in the playoffs of 2006).

But then came the tragic death of his infant and the struggles of his season in 2007 coupled with his injuries. But boy was he playing brilliantly before that. And man how did he ever nut up in the post season. In fact, in Game 4 or 5 (I can't remember which), he was playing out of his mind in the 4th quarter, looking like he was going to single-handidly will the Lakers to a surprising victory until Kobe (for God knows whatever reason) decided to go blatantly away from the hot hand and what was working to jack up shot after missed shot to resume the order of the series in the Suns favor. Not faulting Kobe for anything other than taking the wrong path in that quarter.

But, in hearing Lamar's post-game interview, I just caught a glimpse of his innards. He wanted so badly to get a chance to stay in LA and get after it again. There was a calm but burning desire in his eyes suggesting that it was a given that he'd be back with ferocity if given the chance. And considering how badly injured and in pain he was during that series, I believed him.

In know ... sounds corny and blindly hopeful but dude's been through a lot and these are the kinds of valleys of weeping that can be life-altering. Why can't he make that leap at long last? Why not now?

Now, don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Bynum blossom into the center I beleive he'll become while playing his home games at Staples but if the opportunity comes to put JO alongside Kobe and LO ... you gots to make that deal yesterday.

But that all takes us back to the same thing: you cannot ship LO out for JO. To me, that's an unbudging point.

If that deal can be done, great. If not, then we'll see what happens.

Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing Lamar get healthy again and play with that sense of urgency he exemplified at season's end. You can't fault the guy ever for not being a true team guy. I've never seen a fellow Laker be so willing to offer such glowing, unwavering support of Kobe. And it isn't even close.

In the end, I truly hope he uses all these pained experiences to fulfill what he began in the playoffs last season for the remainder of his career. He deserves it.


Nice post, Rock. I think Lamar really came into his own after that first playoff series against the Suns where he completely outplayed Marion. He got hit with the death of his son last summer, and still came back and really tore it up before getting injured. And even after he got hurt, he still came back strong and really whooped on Marion in the playoffs.

Personally, I would consider a Lamar+Bynum trade to Indy for JO because I salivate at the possibilities of a Kwame+JO frontcourt.

That said, there is no other Laker that I pull harder for than Lamar.



i totally agree. a kwame/jo will be a great front court. better than kwame/lamar. i also feel sorry for what lamar went through, however he has not shown up any year he has been in the league so why all of sudden would he decide to show up. if we can keep lamar, great but ship him out with bynum if you cant.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Apr 2001
Posts: 29556
Location: Taiwan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:59 pm    Post subject:

The biggest issue with a LO/Bynum deal is that JO at this point cannot provide more than LO, and Bynum in combination.... I'm betting this is why the Lakers aren't interested in the overpriced star... If indeed Bynum has matured even but just a little it isn't even a debate... A healthy LO who knows not only how to play with Bryant, and may very well possibly have a strong prescense in the post to work with in Bynum will bring more elements to the Lakers than JO just for the couple of things I mention here, let alone other aspects of a team that has put in as much time as this bunch has...

The added maturity plus "school being out" on the system learning adds up to you better wait a minute before bringing in anybody else...

This team won't look much like it did last season... Of this I'm absolutely sure...
_________________
"According to ESPN.com's conference projections, the Lakers will finish 12th in the West, which prompted Bryant to tweet earlier this offseason, "12th I see.."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Aug 2005
Posts: 12674

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
The biggest issue with a LO/Bynum deal is that JO at this point cannot provide more than LO, and Bynum in combination....


Neither can Duncan but are you telling me he wouldn't be worth trading them for? Stat wise your correct but at this point LO & Bynum don't offer much that we NEED.
_________________
Coach Vogel, Kidd, Hollins
Max slot : Kawhi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Apr 2001
Posts: 29556
Location: Taiwan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:12 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:
The biggest issue with a LO/Bynum deal is that JO at this point cannot provide more than LO, and Bynum in combination....


Neither can Duncan but are you telling me he wouldn't be worth trading them for? Stat wise your correct but at this point LO & Bynum don't offer much that we NEED.


The biggest fear in this kind of deal is the possibilities surrounding Bynum... He is to young, and shows just to much promise for the likes of Jermaine Oneal... You figure Bynum will be mopping the floor with Oneal within the next two seasons. That is a regret that can be easily avoided... You just don't do it... For KG you do... The two stars should not be seen as anywhere near equal...

Oneal is not going to get the Lakers to the promised land, so yes it is smarter to see if your prodigy will realize his potential... The kid has a whole career ahead of him that could be extremely bright, and is a lot less costly...
_________________
"According to ESPN.com's conference projections, the Lakers will finish 12th in the West, which prompted Bryant to tweet earlier this offseason, "12th I see.."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Bergamotichek
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 02 Sep 2007
Posts: 16777206

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
Car54 wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:
The biggest issue with a LO/Bynum deal is that JO at this point cannot provide more than LO, and Bynum in combination....


Neither can Duncan but are you telling me he wouldn't be worth trading them for? Stat wise your correct but at this point LO & Bynum don't offer much that we NEED.


The biggest fear in this kind of deal is the possibilities surrounding Bynum... He is to young, and shows just to much promise for the likes of Jermaine Oneal... You figure Bynum will be mopping the floor with Oneal within the next two seasons. That is a regret that can be easily avoided... You just don't do it... For KG you do...

Oneal is not going to get the Lakers to the promised land, so yes it is smarter to see if your prodigy will realize his potential...


Too much promise? What promise is that? Snaq like promise? Duncan like promise? Kareem like promise? Hakeem like promise?

Bynum is the next one of those type players? By claiming he's a "prodigy", that's what you're saying.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
clutchkobe
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Sep 2005
Posts: 1964

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:18 pm    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
The biggest issue with a LO/Bynum deal is that JO at this point cannot provide more than LO, and Bynum in combination.... I'm betting this is why the Lakers aren't interested in the overpriced star... If indeed Bynum has matured even but just a little it isn't even a debate... A healthy LO who knows not only how to play with Bryant, and may very well possibly have a strong prescense in the post to work with in Bynum will bring more elements to the Lakers than JO just for the couple of things I mention here, let alone other aspects of a team that has put in as much time as this bunch has...

The added maturity plus "school being out" on the system learning adds up to you better wait a minute before bringing in anybody else...

This team won't look much like it did last season... Of this I'm absolutely sure...



you know what i will have to agree. if and i mean a big if... bynum is up to that level. bynum,kobe and lamar is a better team than jo/kobe. but if bynum is not up to that level....then we are screwed because now everyone knows he is not up to that level. but there is one more part to this story.....if bynum means loosing kobe......you might have to take a slight step back.


Last edited by clutchkobe on Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 38174

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:19 pm    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:

Oneal is not going to get the Lakers to the promised land, so yes it is smarter to see if your prodigy will realize his potential... The kid has a whole career ahead of him that could be extremely bright, and is a lot less costly...

Neither is Odom or Bynum. If the cost is rings, that's a too high price to pay for holding onto a kid and an underachiever.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Apr 2001
Posts: 29556
Location: Taiwan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:27 pm    Post subject:

I ask you all...

At this point in "the kids" developement is that a risk you take on a Jermaine Oneal?
_________________
"According to ESPN.com's conference projections, the Lakers will finish 12th in the West, which prompted Bryant to tweet earlier this offseason, "12th I see.."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
rebirth
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Apr 2005
Posts: 3929
Location: Garden Grove

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
I ask you all...

At this point in "the kids" developement is that a risk you take on a Jermaine Oneal?


all day and twice on sunday!
_________________
“What is 17,505”
“Rest at the end not at the middle”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Apr 2001
Posts: 29556
Location: Taiwan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:

Oneal is not going to get the Lakers to the promised land, so yes it is smarter to see if your prodigy will realize his potential... The kid has a whole career ahead of him that could be extremely bright, and is a lot less costly...

Neither is Odom or Bynum. If the cost is rings, that's a too high price to pay for holding onto a kid and an underachiever.


Using that logic, why put yourself in financial hell over a player who probably won't get you any rings? It doesn't make sense to you to wait at least 3 seasons to see if your youngster has what it takes vs an often injured, and now a little less effective jump shooting big?

If you're just making lateral moves at least do it in a less expensive fashion...
_________________
"According to ESPN.com's conference projections, the Lakers will finish 12th in the West, which prompted Bryant to tweet earlier this offseason, "12th I see.."


Last edited by THE_SHOES on Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 07 Mar 2005
Posts: 12237

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject:

clutchkobe wrote:


you know what i will have to agree. if and i mean a big if... bynum is up to that level. bynum,kobe and lamar is a better team than jo/kobe. but if bynum is not up to that level....then we are screwed because now everyone knows he is not up to that level. but there is one more part to this story.....if bynum means loosing kobe......you might have to take a slight step back.
"Just sit tight!" KB24
_________________
<
"Ev'rybody's got somethin' to hide, 'cept for me and my monkey"
<
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Apr 2001
Posts: 29556
Location: Taiwan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:40 pm    Post subject:

Nobody else in the league, save that of Los Angeles and New Jersey is interested in paying Oneal that salary... Bird, and Walsh know that they are asking to much...
We should all know Larry Bird well enough to know that if he is trying to deal with the Lakers something ain't right...
If JO had anything left worth holding on to, you can bet your last that he would not be looking to help the Los Angeles Lakers by giving him to our guys...
_________________
"According to ESPN.com's conference projections, the Lakers will finish 12th in the West, which prompted Bryant to tweet earlier this offseason, "12th I see.."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Bergamotichek
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 02 Sep 2007
Posts: 16777206

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:55 pm    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
I ask you all...

At this point in "the kids" developement is that a risk you take on a Jermaine Oneal?


You didn't answer the question.

And to answers your's. Yes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Apr 2001
Posts: 29556
Location: Taiwan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject:

JD wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:
Car54 wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:
The biggest issue with a LO/Bynum deal is that JO at this point cannot provide more than LO, and Bynum in combination....


Neither can Duncan but are you telling me he wouldn't be worth trading them for? Stat wise your correct but at this point LO & Bynum don't offer much that we NEED.


The biggest fear in this kind of deal is the possibilities surrounding Bynum... He is to young, and shows just to much promise for the likes of Jermaine Oneal... You figure Bynum will be mopping the floor with Oneal within the next two seasons. That is a regret that can be easily avoided... You just don't do it... For KG you do...

Oneal is not going to get the Lakers to the promised land, so yes it is smarter to see if your prodigy will realize his potential...


Too much promise? What promise is that? Snaq like promise? Duncan like promise? Kareem like promise? Hakeem like promise?

Bynum is the next one of those type players? By claiming he's a "prodigy", that's what you're saying.


How can I answer that question JD? That is exactly my point of emphasis.
The kid is in chapter one of his career. If this were year 4, or 5 you could proabably be pretty certain as to who he may resemble, or not for that matter... Right now I truly believe that dumping him for Jermaine Oneal is an unecessary move, and smacks of desperation...
_________________
"According to ESPN.com's conference projections, the Lakers will finish 12th in the West, which prompted Bryant to tweet earlier this offseason, "12th I see.."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Bergamotichek
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 02 Sep 2007
Posts: 16777206

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:44 pm    Post subject:

Yet you claim he is a prodigy?

The previously mentioned players... they were. They showed it early.

Bynum hasn't. He's shown us he might one day be a solid player. But a prodigy? Not even close.

Quote:

Main Entry: prod·i·gy
Pronunciation: 'prä-d&-jE
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural -gies
Etymology: Middle English, from Latin prodigium omen, monster, from pro-, prod- + -igium (akin to aio I say) -- more at ADAGE
1 a : a portentous event : OMEN b : something extraordinary or inexplicable
2 a : an extraordinary, marvelous, or unusual accomplishment, deed, or event b : a highly talented child or youth
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
gng930
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 Apr 2001
Posts: 9031

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
JD wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:
Car54 wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:
The biggest issue with a LO/Bynum deal is that JO at this point cannot provide more than LO, and Bynum in combination....


Neither can Duncan but are you telling me he wouldn't be worth trading them for? Stat wise your correct but at this point LO & Bynum don't offer much that we NEED.


The biggest fear in this kind of deal is the possibilities surrounding Bynum... He is to young, and shows just to much promise for the likes of Jermaine Oneal... You figure Bynum will be mopping the floor with Oneal within the next two seasons. That is a regret that can be easily avoided... You just don't do it... For KG you do...

Oneal is not going to get the Lakers to the promised land, so yes it is smarter to see if your prodigy will realize his potential...


Too much promise? What promise is that? Snaq like promise? Duncan like promise? Kareem like promise? Hakeem like promise?

Bynum is the next one of those type players? By claiming he's a "prodigy", that's what you're saying.


How can I answer that question JD? That is exactly my point of emphasis.
The kid is in chapter one of his career. If this were year 4, or 5 you could proabably be pretty certain as to who he may resemble, or not for that matter... Right now I truly believe that dumping him for Jermaine Oneal is an unecessary move, and smacks of desperation...


If you're only willing to deal him then when you realize his potential isn't all that, then by that time, he won't be worth as much.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
10scott10
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 May 2006
Posts: 7413
Location: Making the games you play

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:48 pm    Post subject:

I love bynum. i think he will be an all-star. but if we can tarde him and kwame and filler for JO, i do it. the Kobe, LO, JO combo has good shot at a ring. Kobe and JO has less of a shot than the current team does.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Shaber
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Mar 2006
Posts: 3677
Location: The other side

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:06 am    Post subject:

It's a bit off topic and purely a curiosoty but,

assuming that Kobe really wants to play alongside with ONeal and does not want to play with current lakers.... what about instead of bringing ONeal in we send Kobe to Pacers?

Do you find anybody from Pacers being a valuable addition to the rejuvenating Lakers? How long would the rebuilding period last? What would be the core of the team in addition to Drew, Farmar, Crit?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Sep 2003
Posts: 36822

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:57 am    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
The biggest issue with a LO/Bynum deal is that JO at this point cannot provide more than LO, and Bynum in combination.... I'm betting this is why the Lakers aren't interested in the overpriced star... If indeed Bynum has matured even but just a little it isn't even a debate... A healthy LO who knows not only how to play with Bryant, and may very well possibly have a strong prescense in the post to work with in Bynum will bring more elements to the Lakers than JO just for the couple of things I mention here, let alone other aspects of a team that has put in as much time as this bunch has...

The added maturity plus "school being out" on the system learning adds up to you better wait a minute before bringing in anybody else...

This team won't look much like it did last season... Of this I'm absolutely sure...


Quote:
THE SHOES wrote: The added maturity plus "school being out" on the system learning adds up to you better wait a minute before bringing in anybody else...


^^people are not considering this at all. This is year 3 or more for 80% of the roster. this is year 2 for darn near the other 20%. the only guy that isn't tri savvy is Critt. who is actually on the roster .karl is not on the real roster as of yet.

Fisher-3+ yrs tri exp(rings)
Kobe- 3+ yrs tri exp (rings)
walton-3+yrs tri exp (playoffs)
LO- 3 +yrs tri exp (playoffs)
Kwame- 3+ yrs tri exp (playoffs)

farmar-1+ yrs tri exp(playoffs)
evans-1+ yrs tri exp( playoffs)
Cook- 3+yrs tri exp (playoffs)
Ronny- 2+ yrs tri exp (playoffs)
Bynum-3+yrs tri exp (playoffs)
Vlad Rad-1+yrs tri exp
Critt-6months+ tri exp(played in the tri in high school has some knowledge)
Mihm-3+ yrs tri exp

Folks^^^ thats chemistry. They became a more cohesive team, and a better passing team from last season to this past season. until the injuries killed it. If you saw growth like that in 1 years time. how much growth do you think you can have in 2 years time, with healthy bodies?

people stated we would've beat the suns if we had a healthy mihm a year ago. sure thats when there was no amare. but so what. thats also when tim thomas was eating us alive from 3 land and grabbing 12+ boards in the offs just like amare. The only thing different was that amare blocked shots and jumped over peoples backs to get rebounds. because he was playing against guys who should not have been playing due to injuries. LO and Kwame were running on surgery needed legs and arms. luke was not healed up. and those are 3 core guys.

you give me mihm and those 3 guys healthy. say bye bye to the suns run and gun game. Now(barring any ridiculous injuries). watch what will happen if we see the suns again in the playoffs. Dont be surprised if we sweep them. we already know how to bring their ppg down. which most teams can't do when playing them. we just can't put the ball in the hole ourselves. they have nothing for vlad rad with a healthy shooting hand. they have nothing for fisher making vet decisions and knocking down timely 3's himself. what happens when kobe passes it out and we actually make a nice percentage of those wide open jumpers? we win by 10. thats what happens. every thing went the suns way, and they beat us 4 to 1. but most of the games were very close. if i can hang with you on a bad leg and bad arm with guys missing, and broke jumpers. I know good and well i could beat you on 2 good legs, no bad arm, all my guys and made open shots. its simple logic.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Apr 2001
Posts: 29556
Location: Taiwan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:54 pm    Post subject:

JD wrote:
Yet you claim he is a prodigy?

The previously mentioned players... they were. They showed it early.

Bynum hasn't. He's shown us he might one day be a solid player. But a prodigy? Not even close.

Quote:

Main Entry: prod·i·gy
Pronunciation: 'prä-d&-jE
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural -gies
Etymology: Middle English, from Latin prodigium omen, monster, from pro-, prod- + -igium (akin to aio I say) -- more at ADAGE
1 a : a portentous event : OMEN b : something extraordinary or inexplicable
2 a : an extraordinary, marvelous, or unusual accomplishment, deed, or event b : a highly talented child or youth


JD, I take it that you don't care to much for Bynum?

Ok, how about I drop a notch to call Socks an high quality project?
There are those who would walk into a casino and throw all there money on a table and bet on Black! (no pun intended) Then there are those who will study a table awhile, and then make a move when they "feel the iron is hot" Drew represents an "intelligent study" to me...

JO shows me nothing but a bandaid that will temporarily patch up a single problem. If Bynum. who I've now downgraded just for the sake of this argument to a high quality project does indeed become a force inspite of pro traders aspirations within two years, which is very likely, we lose in tragic fashion... We would have no rings because JO who has suddenly become somehow invincible would not be making that dream come true, while Drew becomes the toast of the town called Indiana... The thought of that is overwhelmingly painful...

JD, you may have not noticed, but that kid started last year with some demonstrations of an ability to dominate on several occassions. That was no fluke. Where is the biggest gamble in this case? The Lakers are right to at least wait until he matures beyond a teen....

What Bynum can achieve at 21, or 22 may very well excel at least 6 more years after that. JO is already sliding. You telling me that is the right risk to take?
_________________
"According to ESPN.com's conference projections, the Lakers will finish 12th in the West, which prompted Bryant to tweet earlier this offseason, "12th I see.."


Last edited by THE_SHOES on Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Apr 2001
Posts: 29556
Location: Taiwan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:05 pm    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:
The biggest issue with a LO/Bynum deal is that JO at this point cannot provide more than LO, and Bynum in combination.... I'm betting this is why the Lakers aren't interested in the overpriced star... If indeed Bynum has matured even but just a little it isn't even a debate... A healthy LO who knows not only how to play with Bryant, and may very well possibly have a strong prescense in the post to work with in Bynum will bring more elements to the Lakers than JO just for the couple of things I mention here, let alone other aspects of a team that has put in as much time as this bunch has...

The added maturity plus "school being out" on the system learning adds up to you better wait a minute before bringing in anybody else...

This team won't look much like it did last season... Of this I'm absolutely sure...


Quote:
THE SHOES wrote: The added maturity plus "school being out" on the system learning adds up to you better wait a minute before bringing in anybody else...


^^people are not considering this at all. This is year 3 or more for 80% of the roster. this is year 2 for darn near the other 20%. the only guy that isn't tri savvy is Critt. who is actually on the roster .karl is not on the real roster as of yet.

Fisher-3+ yrs tri exp(rings)
Kobe- 3+ yrs tri exp (rings)
walton-3+yrs tri exp (playoffs)
LO- 3 +yrs tri exp (playoffs)
Kwame- 3+ yrs tri exp (playoffs)

farmar-1+ yrs tri exp(playoffs)
evans-1+ yrs tri exp( playoffs)
Cook- 3+yrs tri exp (playoffs)
Ronny- 2+ yrs tri exp (playoffs)
Bynum-3+yrs tri exp (playoffs)
Vlad Rad-1+yrs tri exp
Critt-6months+ tri exp(played in the tri in high school has some knowledge)
Mihm-3+ yrs tri exp

Folks^^^ thats chemistry. They became a more cohesive team, and a better passing team from last season to this past season. until the injuries killed it. If you saw growth like that in 1 years time. how much growth do you think you can have in 2 years time, with healthy bodies?

people stated we would've beat the suns if we had a healthy mihm a year ago. sure thats when there was no amare. but so what. thats also when tim thomas was eating us alive from 3 land and grabbing 12+ boards in the offs just like amare. The only thing different was that amare blocked shots and jumped over peoples backs to get rebounds. because he was playing against guys who should not have been playing due to injuries. LO and Kwame were running on surgery needed legs and arms. luke was not healed up. and those are 3 core guys.

you give me mihm and those 3 guys healthy. say bye bye to the suns run and gun game. Now(barring any ridiculous injuries). watch what will happen if we see the suns again in the playoffs. Dont be surprised if we sweep them. we already know how to bring their ppg down. which most teams can't do when playing them. we just can't put the ball in the hole ourselves. they have nothing for vlad rad with a healthy shooting hand. they have nothing for fisher making vet decisions and knocking down timely 3's himself. what happens when kobe passes it out and we actually make a nice percentage of those wide open jumpers? we win by 10. thats what happens. every thing went the suns way, and they beat us 4 to 1. but most of the games were very close. if i can hang with you on a bad leg and bad arm with guys missing, and broke jumpers. I know good and well i could beat you on 2 good legs, no bad arm, all my guys and made open shots. its simple logic.


Not to even mention the fact that if there is a single team in the NBA right now that the Lakers have blood in there eyes over it has to be the Suns...

Do you guys know what I'm dying to see though? I'm still thinking that Kobe may have created a monster in Bynum... I just want to see what that kid is made of... I want to know if he has the fire required to stop anybody for not taking him seriously enough...
From the game face he used to wear at the beggining of last season, to the first time we seen him explode on Shaquille Oneal at the tender age of 18. I think this kid has had a lot to learn, but his ability to learn has already damned near surpassed Kwame, and no doubt will by possibly midseason. I'm delighted that the Lakers can see that, and are going to wait...
_________________
"According to ESPN.com's conference projections, the Lakers will finish 12th in the West, which prompted Bryant to tweet earlier this offseason, "12th I see.."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Mike@LG
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 10 Apr 2001
Posts: 64333
Location: Orange County, CA

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:55 pm    Post subject:

1999-2000 Lakers.

Outside of Harper and John Salley, 0 years triangle experience.

Championship.
_________________
Resident Car Nut.

Caruso/Dennis
KCP/Matthews/
LBJ/THT
AD/Kuzma/
Gasol/Harrell/Kieff/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 07 Mar 2005
Posts: 12237

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:16 pm    Post subject:

gng930 wrote:


If you're only willing to deal him then when you realize his potential isn't all that, then by that time, he won't be worth as much.
Don't kid yourself, at his size, with a little more NBA experience under his belt, there is always some team who'd gladly take him off our hands, and give him a MAX contract. Shawn Bradley got that kind of treatment, Candyman is still playing, and cashing a check, etc. There is little chance, if he can stay free of a major injury, his value isn't going to plummet with even 2-3 so-so seasons.

Also, did any of you guys so anxious to make this deal ever consider that the Lakers and Kobe have come to an understanding? Why are the Lakers flat out refusing to move Andrew? Could it be that they know something about Kobe's situation that we don't? Like just perhaps, they've agreed to give the Bynum experiment a little more time, and making a fire-sale type deal just isn't that urgent anymore? "Just sit tight"

No need for panic moves if the reason for panic has abated for the time being.
_________________
<
"Ev'rybody's got somethin' to hide, 'cept for me and my monkey"
<
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ForumBlueFrank
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Nov 2006
Posts: 12889

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Pacers CEO Says Trade Talk Involving O'Neal is 'Done'

After all the rumors and denials, it looks like Jermaine O'Neal will remain with the Indiana Pacers.

The All-Star forward was one of the players most discussed in trade rumors this summer, with talk he might end up in New York, Los Angeles or New Jersey.

But Friday, Pacers CEO Donnie Walsh said that Indiana's roster is virtually locked. Walsh didn't rule out a trade completely, but he said the Pacers aren't receiving calls about O'Neal any more.

He said: "That's done."

O'Neal averaged 19.4 points, 9.6 rebounds and 2.6 blocks last season. But the Pacers went 35-47 and missed the playoffs for the first time in 10 years.

In the weeks after the season ended, O'Neal said he respected the Pacers but wasn't interested in being part of a rebuilding project.

http://www.fox28.com/Sports/index.php?ID=23959
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MAJIC
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Apr 2005
Posts: 3320
Location: OC

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject:

^^^^Well , in that case it looks like our only hope is health....
_________________
16 and counting....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 41 of 42
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB