Quick question about the quotes

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> User Feedback / Report a Bug Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pierremonkey
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:39 am    Post subject: Quick question about the quotes

Hi guys. I don't normally post too often on here but I do like logging on and reading opinions from my fellow laker fans. First off is a simple question. How do you guys do the thing where you post a response to someone and at the same time copy what they wrote and do the thing where it says:

So and so wrote:

yayahadadadada

Also, next point of business. Cheers to all. Regardless how this season ends, have fun and enjoy it. I was real butthurt last year when we could pull it off and get out of the first round but all summer long I was waiting for this season to get started. So no matter how it goes, let's all enjoy it. I got a good feeling we'll still keep tightening up our defense (much needed) and we'll be ok. Cheers y'all. peace!
B_Rabbit1212
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:47 am    Post subject:

on how to quote: you see the "quote" button in the bottom right hand corner of each textbox? click that. it'll take you to a different page, with text you just clicked quote for in a format that puts it in the box. you can then type your response below that if you'd like. then click submit. try to quote this and see if it works.

and for the cheers we're watching history be made right now.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:06 am    Post subject:

[qu0te="poster"] yayahadadadada [/qu0te]

where 0 is o
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
pierremonkey
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:29 am    Post subject:

B_Rabbit1212 wrote:
on how to quote: you see the "quote" button in the bottom right hand corner of each textbox? click that. it'll take you to a different page, with text you just clicked quote for in a format that puts it in the box. you can then type your response below that if you'd like. then click submit. try to quote this and see if it works.

and for the cheers we're watching history be made right now.

Let's see if this works. If it does, then B Rabbit, you are a saint! hehe thanks for the quick response back. Cheers again my fellow laker fans!
LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Quick question about the quotes

pierremonkey wrote:
Hi guys. I don't normally post too often on here but I do like logging on and reading opinions from my fellow laker fans. First off is a simple question. How do you guys do the thing where you post a response to someone and at the same time copy what they wrote and do the thing where it says:

So and so wrote:

yayahadadadada

I've been copying what I want to address and pasting all this time for replies to posts and never used the quote button. Once I past I've just been selecting (highlighting) what I want to have quoted and clicking on the "Quote" tag edit link at the top of the post reply box. This will of course place everything selected within quotes by placing the quote HTML tags at each end of the string.

I've just tried using the "Quote" button this time, nice. Only draw back is if you only want to select a small part of the message my way might be better but then you can always delete what you don't want (just as I did in this case you might notice).

Live in learn I always say.

Thanks for the question - pierremonkey.

After trying it, one nice advantage is I do not have to add the "Pierremonkey wrote:" at the top of my selected part to place in quotes HTML tags at each end of the character string, it is even in BOLD which is interesting because I don't find the "(b)" and "(/b)" bold (replaced bracket with parens to make it show up) HTML tags at each end of the character string like I would expect it to need (which is of course the case when a character string is in bold). Apparently the quote="xxxxx" HTML tag adds bold to the string and is an HTML extension of some kind.

Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers ...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> User Feedback / Report a Bug All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: