OT: Greg Oden VERSUS Joakim Noah/Al Horford right now on CBS.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
flashakadrano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:33 pm    Post subject:

F Snaq wrote:
TheProdigy wrote:
F Snaq wrote:
flashakadrano wrote:
noah is overrated. one of the most overrated players i've seen in a long, long time. can't shoot, can't dribble. does play with a lot of heart and energy, but he reminds me of mark madsen.
i'd take turiaf over noah all day everday.

horford is much better than noah. brewer is the best player on the gators.

and if oden had two hands, this would be a totally different game and he would shut down noah, easily.
ohio state is really young and you can see the difference in age between the teams.

Dude, Noah's got one of the best handles for a guy that size. You're telling me you've never seen him run a fast break? Even his court vision and instincts are brilliant. The guy won an NCAA championship, while flying under the radar for most of the season. Mark Madsen is nothing compared to Noah.

Horford reminds me of a college Marcus Phizer/Maurice Taylor type of player. Limited offensive skills. Good rebounder.

For a guy his size? It doesn't matter if he can't beat the guys he played at his position. People said the same thing about Odom, it turns out, he was only able to take advantage of that, after switching to PF. And Odom's ballhandling is obviously far superior to Noah's.

You said "can't dribble" .... what you're joking right? Did you watch the tournament last year? Do you expect him to be Skip-To-My-Lou or something? LOL Noah is one of the best all around big men in college basketball. Name others of whom are better ALL-AROUND than Noah at the PF/C position in college? Even leadership and IQ alone, Noah is top-notch. And why are you bringing up Odom? Odom and Noah = NOT the same player. Activity and intensity ... Noah > Odom. Odom BETTER all-around though. But that's besides the point. No way in hell can you say that Noah "can't dribble."

ok. i shouldn't have said "can't dribble." but people are really, really overrating his ball handling skills. he can dribble on the break, but so could shaq. play off him, make him shoot from the outside, if he wants to drive make him go to the left.
i've watched him as much as i can, and all throughout the tourney last year, and to me, he's nothing special. he just gives it his all, and that's what makes him look better than he really is.
compare him to kevin durant or brandan wright. he's nowhere near as good as they are.

i can't even believe you are even comparing noah to odom. that's just disgraceful.
he is a decent passer. has good court vision for his size.

i think you just proved my point that he is overrated.
he didn't win the NCAA championship alone. there are alot of very good players on that team, and they have a balance between big bodies down low, guys who can light it up from the outside, and guys who can drive it in. noah is the hustle man on that team, and his flair is why so many people are overrating him.
he won't be a lottery pick, and if he is, there will be alot of guys picked behind him who will be alot better.
most people who know basketball will tell you that corey brewer is the best player on that team.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:33 pm    Post subject:

F Snaq wrote:
These Ohio St. guards are horrendous.

Don't remind me.

Daequan Cook should absolutely be starting and Mike Conley Jr. has a worse jumpshot than Rajon Rondo.

Conley is having a hard time finishing off of dribble penetration despite the fact that Oden's man won't even show for help.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Cardom
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject:

TheProdigy wrote:
I would say that Oden's shotblocking is on Zo's level right now(who's actually averaging an incredible 3 blks a game in 24 min.) Is it possible that 5 blks in his prime is an underestimation?

In the NBA? I think not! He'd have to be averaging 6 blocks per game now for that to be the case. He may be able to swat these college fools, but to average 5 in the nba he'd have to be blocking every shot in every college game he plays. Guess what, ain't gonna happen.
F Snaq
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject:

Can these Ohio St. guards get any dumber?!?!?
NBA referees are a detriment to the integrity and essence of the game of basketball. It is our duty, as fans of this sacred game, to eviscerate each and every one of these treacherous maggots, if ever we cross paths with any of them in our lives.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
In the NBA? I think not! He'd have to be averaging 6 blocks per game now for that to be the case. He may be able to swat these college fools, but to average 5 in the nba he'd have to be blocking every shot in every college game he plays. Guess what, ain't gonna happen.

4bpg with that kind of combination of timing, athleticism, skill level, fundamentals, etc...

Usually translates to 2-3bpg at the NBA level. Game speed and player size is dramatically enhanced at the NBA level.

But really, it doesn't stop Okafor from blocking Tim Duncan.. or getting the occasional 8 block game.

Cardom
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:37 pm    Post subject:

BYE BYE OHIO ST!
flashakadrano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:37 pm    Post subject:

taurean green and corey brewer make the gators as good as they are.
F Snaq
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:38 pm    Post subject:

flashakadrano wrote:
F Snaq wrote:
TheProdigy wrote:
F Snaq wrote:
flashakadrano wrote:
noah is overrated. one of the most overrated players i've seen in a long, long time. can't shoot, can't dribble. does play with a lot of heart and energy, but he reminds me of mark madsen.

and if oden had two hands, this would be a totally different game and he would shut down noah, easily.
ohio state is really young and you can see the difference in age between the teams.

Dude, Noah's got one of the best handles for a guy that size. You're telling me you've never seen him run a fast break? Even his court vision and instincts are brilliant. The guy won an NCAA championship, while flying under the radar for most of the season. Mark Madsen is nothing compared to Noah.

Horford reminds me of a college Marcus Phizer/Maurice Taylor type of player. Limited offensive skills. Good rebounder.

For a guy his size? It doesn't matter if he can't beat the guys he played at his position. People said the same thing about Odom, it turns out, he was only able to take advantage of that, after switching to PF. And Odom's ballhandling is obviously far superior to Noah's.

You said "can't dribble" .... what you're joking right? Did you watch the tournament last year? Do you expect him to be Skip-To-My-Lou or something? LOL Noah is one of the best all around big men in college basketball. Name others of whom are better ALL-AROUND than Noah at the PF/C position in college? Even leadership and IQ alone, Noah is top-notch. And why are you bringing up Odom? Odom and Noah = NOT the same player. Activity and intensity ... Noah > Odom. Odom BETTER all-around though. But that's besides the point. No way in hell can you say that Noah "can't dribble."

ok. i shouldn't have said "can't dribble." but people are really, really overrating his ball handling skills. he can dribble on the break, but so could shaq. play off him, make him shoot from the outside, if he wants to drive make him go to the left.
i've watched him as much as i can, and all throughout the tourney last year, and to me, he's nothing special. he just gives it his all, and that's what makes him look better than he really is.
compare him to kevin durant or brandan wright. he's nowhere near as good as they are.

i can't even believe you are even comparing noah to odom. that's just disgraceful.

he didn't win the NCAA championship alone. there are alot of very good players on that team, and they have a balance between big bodies down low, guys who can light it up from the outside, and guys who can drive it in. noah is the hustle man on that team, and his flair is why so many people are overrating him.
he won't be a lottery pick, and if he is, there will be alot of guys picked behind him who will be alot better.
most people who know basketball will tell you that corey brewer is the best player on that team.

Uhh ... you brought up the Odom issue ... and you said he "can't dribble" and you equalized him to MARK F'n MADSEN! LoL! Get real man.
NBA referees are a detriment to the integrity and essence of the game of basketball. It is our duty, as fans of this sacred game, to eviscerate each and every one of these treacherous maggots, if ever we cross paths with any of them in our lives.
eniq 0x00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:38 pm    Post subject:

Jeffs wrote:
Oden's defense is flawless. It really is. People talk about how Kwame is fast enough to help on defense and still get back to his man - well, Oden can do that AND absolutely lock his man down.

When he gets the ball inside, he has very quick and soft hands, even when injured. Did you see when he got triple teamed, recovered the ball, remained patient, then dunked it when everyone else flew over the top? He wasn't playing like a freshman out there.

As someone said above, this guy is special.

He's doing it against college level talent. For (bleep) sake, let's see how he does it against the kind of competition Kwame plays against regularly first.

^^ Farmar

ShowtimeDynasty_24/7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject:

Oden is a man- seriously I would say at worst he is Amare Stoudimare, at best Bill Russell

I would not mind Noah at all...
TheProdigy
Star Player
Star Player

Oden showed that, in the end, it still comes down to a matter of strength. Noticed that he couldn't dunk those missed layups because Hortford was able to push him out of position slightly. Wouldn't have happened with Shaq.
Mike@LG

Okay so Oden doesn't get a foul and forces Brewer to a poor shot attempt in transition.

Florida's poise and experience at the guard positions are completely dominating the game.

flashakadrano
Star Player
Star Player

F Snaq wrote:
Can these Ohio St. guards get any dumber?!?!?

their youth and inexperience is really showing.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

Al Horford is the best power forward prospect in the country. I'd trade any Laker outside of Bryant, Odom and Bynum to get him in the draft. (edit: include Farmar in untouchable)

Last edited by JUST-MING on Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:40 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
He's doing it against college level talent. For (bleep) sake, let's see how he does it against the kind of competition Kwame plays against regularly first.

Yeah seriously, it's only the NCAA Championship team with up to 3 lottery picks and 4 first rounders in the starting lineup.

He's not ready at all.

As if Oden could do anything else in the meantime.

Cardom
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:40 pm    Post subject:

People on this board:

Oden is the next coming of Jesus Christ.

Reality:

He'll be lucky to be 1/2 the player Shaq was at his prime.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:41 pm    Post subject:

TheProdigy wrote:
Oden showed that, in the end, it still comes down to a matter of strength. Noticed that he couldn't dunk those missed layups because Hortford was able to push him out of position slightly. Wouldn't have happened with Shaq.

Ever consider he's in foul trouble?

Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Oden is the next coming of Jesus Christ.

Reality:

He'll be lucky to be 1/2 the player Shaq was at his prime.

Blowing it out of proportion.

Please, don't do that again.

flashakadrano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject:

F Snaq wrote:
flashakadrano wrote:
F Snaq wrote:
TheProdigy wrote:
F Snaq wrote:
flashakadrano wrote:

Uhh ... you brought up the Odom issue ... and you said he "can't dribble" and you equalized him to MARK F'n MADSEN! LoL! Get real man.

i like noah but he's not as good as you make him out to be.

i took back the he can't dribble statement. he has decent handle for his size, but it's still not great.

i'd say he's a whole lot closer to mark madsen than lamar odom.
btw, i didn't bring up the odom issue, that was someone else.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

Conley is playing extremely well. He could elevate himself to become a lottery pick.
F Snaq
Star Player
Star Player

Ohio St. needs to fire Thad Matta.
TheProdigy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
TheProdigy wrote:

Ever consider he's in foul trouble?

What does it have to do with what he did "offensively?" If he was stronger(and obviously, he could still do that), he wouldn't have been pushed like that and could just go straight up.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject:

Oden looks really passive on the offensive end. It would be nice to see him fighting for better position.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject:

jminges wrote:
Conley is playing extremely well. He could elevate himself to become a lottery pick.

I disagree.

He's a jumpshot, 20lbs. of strength, and a lot of decision-making away from going lottery.

He's got good physical tools, but is primarily responsible for Florida blowing up like they have.

Hasn't learned to control tempo, shot selection, etc.

The biggest flaw I see in Oden's game is conditioning. I figure that's just from coming off of hand surgery and missing the first 7 games of the season.

Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject:

Bye Bye Cardom.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Draft All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11
Jump to: