OT: Greg Oden VERSUS Joakim Noah/Al Horford right now on CBS.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
flashakadrano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject:

noah is overrated. one of the most overrated players i've seen in a long, long time. can't shoot, can't dribble. does play with a lot of heart and energy, but he reminds me of mark madsen.
i'd take turiaf over noah all day everday.

horford is much better than noah. brewer is the best player on the gators.

and if oden had two hands, this would be a totally different game and he would shut down noah, easily.
ohio state is really young and you can see the difference in age between the teams.
Jeffs
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject:

Oden's defense is flawless. It really is. People talk about how Kwame is fast enough to help on defense and still get back to his man - well, Oden can do that AND absolutely lock his man down.

When he gets the ball inside, he has very quick and soft hands, even when injured. Did you see when he got triple teamed, recovered the ball, remained patient, then dunked it when everyone else flew over the top? He wasn't playing like a freshman out there.

As someone said above, this guy is special.

I feel like I just watched someone TRULY give 100%. Not the BS I'm-gonna-give-a-110%-just-like-everyone-else-says platitudes, but someone that went until he just....broke. - GT
TheProdigy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:03 pm    Post subject:

magic_bryant wrote:
Likewise, Horford and Noah showing why I like them better than Bynum, for this team anyway.

Lol. So if Oden can't score, it couldn't be because he sucked, but those guys must be good huh? It took a double-team from the blindside to force a travel(which was questionable), and Noah still looked like he was about to foul.
PnGforLife25
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:03 pm    Post subject:

vvbandit wrote:
Oden looks like wise lebron
I was about to say that
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:04 pm    Post subject:

Brewer best player on the Gators? Noah overrated?

Wow.

Noah has good ball-handling, passing instincts, etc. His defense is contagious, constantly rotating, switching, etc. Great laterally for his size. Has very good length and athleticism. Like a high hoop IQ version of Tyson Chandler, IMO.

Horford will have the better pro career, though.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:06 pm    Post subject:

TheProdigy wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:
Likewise, Horford and Noah showing why I like them better than Bynum, for this team anyway.

Lol. So if Oden can't score, it couldn't be because he sucked, but those guys must be good huh? It took a double-team from the blindside to force a travel(which was questionable), and Noah still looked like he was about to foul.

No, Oden's not scoring cause he's not getting the ball.

Noah and Horford have games that better fit Odom and Kobe, high intensity, defense-first, very good athleticism, finishes with authority, etc.

Both players would play well in the Triangle.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
TheProdigy
Star Player
Star Player

flashakadrano wrote:
noah is overrated. one of the most overrated players i've seen in a long, long time. can't shoot, can't dribble. does play with a lot of heart and energy, but he reminds me of mark madsen.

and if oden had two hands, this would be a totally different game and he would shut down noah, easily.
ohio state is really young and you can see the difference in age between the teams.

Agreed. I wouldn't even pick Noah in the lottery. This is his 3rd year, and he's a year older than the typical college junior.
Jeffs
Retired Number
Retired Number

I do agree that Noah is overrated.

Being overrated doesn't mean that he isn't a good player. He just isn't as good as all of the hype that he gets. I agree that Horford will have a better career, but neither of them will be able to hold a candle to Oden, IMO.

The Ohio guards are just morons. They should ahve been feeding the post every single time down. Even if Oden gets triple teamed, he is a good enough passer and smart enough player to hit the open man for a much better shot than they have been getting. If he doesn't get triple teamed, he can dominate in the paint. He's too big, too quick, and too athletic.

I feel like I just watched someone TRULY give 100%. Not the BS I'm-gonna-give-a-110%-just-like-everyone-else-says platitudes, but someone that went until he just....broke. - GT
TheProdigy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:08 pm    Post subject:

magic_bryant wrote:
TheProdigy wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:

No, Oden's not scoring cause he's not getting the ball.

Noah and Horford have games that better fit Odom and Kobe, high intensity, defense-first, very good athleticism, finishes with authority, etc.

Both players would play well in the Triangle.

He had 3 touches in the post, couldn't score on any, except for the one he caught directly under the basket. As for Hortford and Noah, they're a combined 1-6, so which is it, they're good, or Oden is overrated? Can't have it both ways.
F Snaq
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:10 pm    Post subject:

flashakadrano wrote:

Dude, Noah's got one of the best handles for a guy that size. You're telling me you've never seen him run a fast break? Even his court vision and instincts are brilliant. The guy won an NCAA championship, while flying under the radar for most of the season. Mark Madsen is nothing compared to Noah.

Horford reminds me of a college Marcus Phizer/Maurice Taylor type of player. Limited offensive skills. Good rebounder.
NBA referees are a detriment to the integrity and essence of the game of basketball. It is our duty, as fans of this sacred game, to eviscerate each and every one of these treacherous maggots, if ever we cross paths with any of them in our lives.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:11 pm    Post subject:

I agree Noah looks like a draft pick around 10-15 in this draft, but he still is a good player....Horford is doing an amazing job and plus he is hurt...I would draft him before I draft Noah....And some people here think Oden is better then D.Howard right now lol
TheProdigy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject:

F Snaq wrote:
flashakadrano wrote:

Dude, Noah's got one of the best handles for a guy that size. You're telling me you've never seen him run a fast break? Even his court vision and instincts are brilliant. The guy won an NCAA championship, while flying under the radar for most of the season. Mark Madsen is nothing compared to Noah.

Horford reminds me of a college Marcus Phizer/Maurice Taylor type of player. Limited offensive skills. Good rebounder.

For a guy his size? It doesn't matter if he can't beat the guys he played at his position. People said the same thing about Odom, it turns out, he was only able to take advantage of that, after switching to PF. And Odom's ballhandling is obviously far superior to Noah's.
F Snaq
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject:

TheProdigy wrote:
F Snaq wrote:
flashakadrano wrote:

For a guy his size? It doesn't matter if he can't beat the guys he played at his position. People said the same thing about Odom, it turns out, he was only able to take advantage of that, after switching to PF. And Odom's ballhandling is obviously far superior to Noah's.

You said "can't dribble" .... what you're joking right? Did you watch the tournament last year? Do you expect him to be Skip-To-My-Lou or something? LOL Noah is one of the best all around big men in college basketball. Name others of whom are better ALL-AROUND than Noah at the PF/C position in college? Even leadership and IQ alone, Noah is top-notch. And why are you bringing up Odom? Odom and Noah = NOT the same player. Activity and intensity ... Noah > Odom. Odom BETTER all-around though. But that's besides the point. No way in hell can you say that Noah "can't dribble."
NBA referees are a detriment to the integrity and essence of the game of basketball. It is our duty, as fans of this sacred game, to eviscerate each and every one of these treacherous maggots, if ever we cross paths with any of them in our lives.
TheProdigy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:21 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

He's already shutting down Noah(actually he was defending a guy called Chris Richard, but same difference), but he can't guard the whole court. That's why it's hard to tell much when the Gators guards are draining all those threes.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject:

Oden is seriously flawless defensively. Hakeem-esque.
F Snaq
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject:

Brewer and Noah BOTH ate leather in the same sequence. LOL!!!
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject:

WOW!!!

Two HUGE swats by Oden. First blocks Brewer from behind, then quickly gets back up to swat Noah's dunk attempt BACK in his face.

That likely changes the game from this point. Florida's guards will not likely want to go inside and challenge him again.

Last edited by magic_bryant on Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:46 am; edited 1 time in total
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject:

Horford, hitting the 15' J. Triangle 4 with the athleticism to defend and swat alongside Kwame.
F Snaq
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject:

even college refs are crooked.
KobeWalksOnWater
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject:

Ohio state needs oden in right now, middle is wide open

"Losing magnifies everything." -KobeButler
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
Cardom
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject:

all ohio st. does is chuck up three pointers
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject:

Yeah I think we're seeing enough defensive plays that really don't come from elite freshman even into the NCAA level.

Just wait until he gets his right hand back.

But Oden, Durant, Wright, Budinger, and others are showing why this is one of the most deadly HS recruiting classes in a long time.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject:

PnGforLife25 wrote:
vvbandit wrote:
Oden looks like wise lebron
I was about to say that

, how true, i knew he looked familiar everytime i saw him.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject:

The guy that I'd love to have from this game (that has a snowballs chance of happening anyway) is Brewer. I really think that he has the ability to be a lockdown perimeter defender in the NBA. The idea of having him guard the other teams best perimeter player while Kobe plays "centerfield" is freaking awesome.
TheProdigy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject:

I would say that Oden's shotblocking is on Zo's level right now(who's actually averaging an incredible 3 blks a game in 24 min.) Is it possible that 5 blks in his prime is an underestimation?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Draft All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11
Jump to: