*** NOK @ Lakers *** ( Beware the Hungry beasts are ready to strike )
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thegreatest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject:

I got to say, i was pretty ticked off until I saw what Lamar did, I'm still laughing off the stupid play.. wow.

I wouldn't have believed it, if I didn't see it. I wonder what Phil has to say. Are you kidding me?? wow
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The entire Lakers squad, from Phil Jackson all the way down showed no desire to win this game. No excuses for the effort tonight. The Lakers are not good enough to throw away games. Especially games at home before they go on a rough road trip.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

Odumb strikes back...
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

Odumb strikes back...he does have pretty number....but still
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:11 pm    Post subject:

As pathetic as the Hornets are, they do two things quite well: Dribble penetration and rebounding. Unfortunately, this Laker teams stinks at perimeter defense and rebounding.
rpadma12
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:11 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:

Until we stop losing to doormat teams on our own homecourt, all the championship talk can stop.

what championship? they are not even an elite team. I'm anxious to see how this team is going to do on the road.. if last year was any indication, role players couldn't buy buckets often on the road.. they only had a good end to the season because of home-heavy schedule last season.. there are still a lot of question marks for this team..
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:13 pm    Post subject:

Phil desperately needs a "Jerry Sloan" assistant coach who can teach these guys how to defend and rebound. Someone who will insert a steel-tipped boot into their backsides whenever they loaf.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject:

Games like this makes you want to beleive there has been absolutely NO improvement.
LakersSpirit
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Don't worry, we still have "The Vladimir Radmanovich Story", on Sunday... :roll:

I'm cruel...

Last edited by LakersSpirit on Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
rpadma12
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Millerb81 wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:

So typical of Lamar. Great player when things are going well for the team in general, as he feeds off others' energy. When things are down..?

Cue the crickets.

I am worried that this is the problem with most of team. Luke turns into a scrub when the team is struggling. Smush is a headless chicken and Lamar is inbounding the ball to his imaginary friend. That Lamar play at a key time in the game was disturbing.

That's true.. it's very easy to feed off momentum than to be the starter/provider of it. As Kobe said, it's very easy to lead when things are going well.. not the case when you are struggling and have to find ways to win.
LakersSpirit
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject:

The Spurs??!!... We're not ready for "The Mother's of Mercy Team"!!
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject:

Funny. The very things I mentioned early on, were what killed us. Kobe settled on jumpers, though he WAS hurt, and the Lakers as a team didn't pound the paint.

Kobe is this team's heart. Whatever he does, he, in turn, shows others what they must do. This, above all else, is why it pains me to see him take threes.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
LakersSpirit
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:26 pm    Post subject:

magic_bryant wrote:
Funny. The very things I mentioned early on, were what killed us. Kobe settled on jumpers, though he WAS hurt, and the Lakers as a team didn't pound the paint.

Kobe is this team's heart. Whatever he does, he, in turn, shows others what they must do. This, above all else, is why it pains me to see him take threes.

There was the bad defense, but I'm also wondering if Kobe's bad ankle slowed us down, and made us shoot too many 3 point attempts??
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:27 pm    Post subject:

Yeah games like this are the reasons why people want to snag someone like Rashard Lewis. What do you guys think will happen when we go on the road?
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject:

LakersSpirit wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:

There was the bad defense, but I'm also wondering if Kobe's bad ankle slowed us down, and made us shoot too many 3 point attempts??

Exactly. I said it earlier in the thread, Kobe shouldn't be taking 3s. It only leads to more jumpshooting as a team. Anyone care to look at a shotchart? I'm guessing NO/OKL had 15+ shots inside the paint.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:30 pm    Post subject:

LakersSpirit wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:

It's obvious that Kobe's ankle forced him to take jumpers. The problem is that his gutless teammates didn't ever penetrate into the paint to compensate, which would have kept the Hornets honest on defense. Not with the ball or without... they were content to sit this game out.
rpadma12
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:33 pm    Post subject:

Kobe surely has an excuse at least for tonight for settling for jumpshots.. he is the heart and soul, etc. etc. but, if the rest of the team doesn't have the heart to step up and attack while their leader is giving it his best with an injury, then, there is a LOT of growing up to do. They will not be an elite team until then.
Mr. EiGhTy-OnE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject:

Damn. I didnt want to go to bed pissed tonite. i was just getting over the Bucks loss. Its gonna take a victory over the Spurs on Sunday to get this one out of my system.
Terry_Teagle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject:

Lakers just need to stop screwing around with teams like this. These types of losses home or road will kill us. We can blame all the usual people, but motivation ultimately needs to come from the coach. Phil needs to get the guys up for these games. There is no way they should have lost to this team, period, they stink. Being at home just makes it worse. There dropping too many of these games. An occational loss to the sorry teams I can accept. Losing to these weak teams just about erases the wins to the better teams in the league.
Terry_Teagle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:20 pm    Post subject:

I'm not one of those fans that says: "They are done" with one loss like this. With losses like this, which games are a lock for the Lakers?
Mr. EiGhTy-OnE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:29 pm    Post subject:

i am not going overboard when i say i am really starting to dislike Phil
ignardlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:48 am    Post subject:

relax man its only a game...i hate when they lose as well but what can you do....
$imon_the_piemon
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject:

lamee
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26
Page 26 of 26
Jump to: