LAKERS -at- CLIPPERS - 12/2 - Thoughts and :-)) ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

True - I was thinking of that watching Radman. He loves to drive right and LO loves to drive left.

They'd be lethal tag team if we could get two balls out there !

Boy do I have a line for that one, but I don't want to read the newspapers and see where some guy had committed suicide in Taiwan and was found completely naked, save for a Lamar Odom Lakers jersey and a pair of SHOES.

Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
dino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject:

nice to see vladrad shooting the 3's better...have been surprised with some of the things i've seen from him in limited minutes, particularly his activity on the defensive end...

hoping that "1 player" we're waiting for turns out to be bynum/kwame...that or they find someone with the expiring contracts...

but, i agree, west just might be open...will wait until the texas triangle before saying we we really can win it all...
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
particularly his activity on the defensive end...

Clipper announcers were shocked at his movement on Maggette that forced a travel on Corey.

They were suprised at how quickly he moved to stay with Maggette - who is extremely tough to defend.

Which is why I see Radman as a future starter because he has more legth, size and defensive ability to be paired up with Odom.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
dino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject:

wolf - once vladrad regains his form, lakers will be bordering on illegal, particularly if bynum/kwame's post play improve...can you imagine having him receive all the open looks smush and walton have been getting from the triangle and from kobe attracting attention? i mean, luke is leading the league in 3's right now but having vlad is something else...
D Nice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Quote:
particularly his activity on the defensive end...

Clipper announcers were shocked at his movement on Maggette that forced a travel on Corey.

They were suprised at how quickly he moved to stay with Maggette - who is extremely tough to defend.

Which is why I see Radman as a future starter because he has more legth, size and defensive ability to be paired up with Odom.
Only you seem to have propped and supported Vlad as much as I have this season...But I don't think he could start beside LO, for defensive reasons. He would push Lamar to the 3, because he is a more active post defender and better help defender, but against most teams he would get killed inside. Him at 4 would also hurt our rebounding.

Id prefer that Ronny (or Kwame if he adds a mid range game) to start at the 4 with Vlad getting 25 mpg off the bench.

A healthy Vlad makes Luke irrelevant.
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject:

dino wrote:
wolf - once vladrad regains his form, lakers will be bordering on illegal, particularly if bynum/kwame's post play improve...can you imagine having him receive all the open looks smush and walton have been getting from the triangle and from kobe attracting attention? i mean, luke is leading the league in 3's right now but having vlad is something else...

I totally agree, if Rad can put up his usual % from behind the arc, the Lakers can go all the way. Kwame is doing great on defense, his shot blocking is something we didn't see last season. However, the Clippers game Kwame did a flash back of the bad Kwame from last season, some of those bricks he put up around the basket was not even close, I mean how can you not draw iron on a layup? But then again, if he has any kind of decent offensive game to go with his defense, he's going to get a max deal, and there's no way the Lakers can afford him.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:21 pm    Post subject:

I mean it ain't no mistery who L.A's team is. Not just saying that cause I'm a Laker fan. We all know it is the truth. Vlad Rad super three ball from the corner. That is how is gonna be. I thought Kaman was injured. I guess not. It doesn't matter. It looked like at the end of the game Kobe was talking trash to Tim Thomas. Waving his hand in his face . What Tim was doing to the Lakers during the playoffs after he would hit a three.
Klone_dd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject:

Great confidence game for the bench squad. VladRad can add that extra dimension in that pinch post once he gets the feel of the tri. Either the turn and shoot or the dribble drive.

Smush had another quality game. He seems to be putting it together lately.

LO looks very relaxed and comfortable in the offense. Usually, he forces too much, playing his old mates. Last night, he was very cool.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:10 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Quote:
wolf: radman knows how to attack the spaces, off the dribble. the guy loves to battle and I like how he challenges shots close to the rim. I've noticed that his energy at the low post is contagious. radman has both the length and the grit to be a serviceable post player, off the dribble (vs. bcook). thus far, I've liked his vision and decisiveness.
Agreed. That is what I have been saying in the Radmanovic threads. He is still not the player he should be - because of that hand - but in the longrun this injury and offense will make him a far more complete player. 6'10 deadly 3 point shooter who can drive right, pass and post up is quite a steal for the MLE. When he puts it all together that is.
Further confirmation that the Lakers have been transformed into a younger, longer and more athletic team to challenge many of the top-tier teams of the NBA. Multi-faceted/Multi-Dimensional players include the above-listed Vlad, LO - in addition to Turiaff, Bynum and Kwame. Combined this group of players with athletic high-flyers (i.e. Evans, Kobe) with heady players (i.e. Luke/ Farmar, Sasha) - the needed building blocks are there are another long run of teams that seriously conten for "Rings!"
1hu2ren3dui4
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:00 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:

We got a pretty good preview of what Radman might be able to bring this team once he's completely healthy.

I think so, too. A good combination of his three-ball shooting to go with some creativity within the offense at different spots. Combine that with a little bit of D and you get some solid minutes.

It used to be that if he had daylight on a three, it was gone. We haven't seen that Vlad Rad with the injury and confidence in shooting with it issues. You see guys sag off him still quite a bit...that used to be trouble. Once he has that kind of confidence again, that will make the other parts of his game better.

yes. this was probably the most promising point of the game.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: