LAKERS -at- NETS - 3/17 - Thoughts and :-(( ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrdectown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:18 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Melon Tea wrote:
we could've had a chance to win if kobe passed it to lamar. he was wide open and he's really starting to hit down 3's

Noway.

Lamar sucks and the only guy on this team that can make a shot is Kobe Bryant.

It isn't the first time that the team has gone to Kobe taking a tough last shot over an open teammate.

And it certainly won't be the last.

Phil used to set up different players in other season's. This year, he seems all to happy to just give Kobe the ball regardless of the predictability of it.

No sir. LO does not suck. He has played better the your god lately.
Trevacious
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:10 am    Post subject:

I haven't seen any of this game, but hypothetically:

If Lamar has a much better look, and the ball can be passed, I'd give it to him. Why depend on the wild miracle shot when you can win with an easy set shot generated by working the system?

Kobe wouldn't hesitate to pass the ball to a wide-open Robert Horry or Derek Fisher, would he? How many times did Jordan kick it out to Steve Kerr?

Sure, Lamar and Smush hardly have the proven rep of those guys, but it doesn't mean they won't knock down a wide-open shot in crunch time if given the opportunity. It's really not inconceivable that someone else can deliver.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:11 am    Post subject:

Klone_dd wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Melon Tea wrote:
we could've had a chance to win if kobe passed it to lamar. he was wide open and he's really starting to hit down 3's

Noway.

It isn't the first time that the team has gone to Kobe taking a tough last shot over an open teammate.

Phil used to set up different players in other season's. This year, he seems all to happy to just give Kobe the ball regardless of the predictability of it.

Lamar sucks? Surprising coming from you, wolf.

LO, over the last 7 games, is shooting 14/24 from 3-pt land. And has made some clutch late 4th Q baskets recently.

In the replays, Kobe got the ball late, but by the time LO had circled around him, there were 4 seconds left on the clock. Both LO and Cookie were waving their arms and clapping for the ball.

Sarcasm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:15 am    Post subject:

mrdectown wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Melon Tea wrote:

Noway.

No sir. LO does not suck. He has played better the your god lately.

Dude. Look at my signature. I was being sarcastic when I said Odom sucks.

There's no doubt Kobe should be the 1st option in last minute plays, but that does not mean that EVERY SINGLE time he takes the last shot. It also doesn't mean that if a guy is open, you pass the ball to Kobe and watch him shoot a much lower percentage shot.

It's a fine line though. I have seen Kobe make tougher shots against Portland etc. The only beef I have is that I think we have become too predictable in the clutch. This is making teams realize that noone's a factor apart from Kobe.

You have to keep defenses honest. Even if that means Cook, Parker or Odom missing wide open shots. Sooner or later, those guys will hit open shots in the clutch. And then team's have some real problems defending Kobe in the clutch as like in the past with Horry+Fish teams would have to worry about 1-2 other guys too - thus opening up things for Kobe.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:05 am    Post subject:

Lamar does suck he can't carrie the Lakers to a victory when Kobe is struggling.
kobester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:50 pm    Post subject:

Last night:

Kobe: 24pts (9-24), 11 asts, Lakers lost
Lebron:27pts (9-23), 5 asts, Cavs won

According to many lakers fans, Kobe stinks (or he's in a slump) but Lebron is the MVP :roll:
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:09 pm    Post subject:

703Soulja wrote:
I'm curious as to how fans can (bleep) about "missing going into Mihm and establishing the post" when they dont even try with Kwame. The whole "kwame focus on defense" thing is (bleep) bc the guy is going to play d regardless. If you need to establish the post, establish the damn post. Kwame's going to draw a double off his size alone... Ignoring him on offense is whats hurting this team...

Have you missed watching Kwame when he's in the post? He doesn't draw a double. He generally plays like he's in a panic and rushes shots and throws up some hideous bricks. He makes some great moves, but can't finish off those moves for crap. His teammates don't trust him...Phil does not trust him... for obvious reasons. In the most of the post plays Kwame has gotten since Mihm has been down have resulted in something bad happening. His been earning his points off others setting him up under the hoop and hitting his FTs or general garbage points.

They trust Mihm because he has gotten results all season long.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:38 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Have you missed watching Kwame when he's in the post? He doesn't draw a double. He generally plays like he's in a panic and rushes shots and throws up some hideous bricks. He makes some great moves, but can't finish off those moves for crap. His teammates don't trust him...Phil does not trust him... for obvious reasons. In the most of the post plays Kwame has gotten since Mihm has been down have resulted in something bad happening. His been earning his points off others setting him up under the hoop and hitting his FTs or general garbage points.They trust Mihm because he has gotten results all season long.
DB - Definitely agree with your post. Do you think that Kwame should work on these plays that recently were successful - 1) P&R where Kwame dives toward the paint - has been done with LO and Smush. Kwame should be TOLD that he should be dunking the ball with "Mean Intentions" instead of the lame 1' layup that he will misss by 3' and: 2) Where Kwame has "sealed" off the defender (ala the Minnesota game vs. KG - I think - and again dunking the ball w/"Mean Intentions!" The Lakers, however, shouldn't abandon throwing the ball into the post to force opposing teams guard "North & South" - instead of just "East & West" which much easier for the defense to guard.

WolfPacker
"You have to keep defenses honest. Even if that means Cook, Parker or Odom missing wide open shots. Sooner or later, those guys will hit open shots in the clutch. And then team's have some real problems defending Kobe in the clutch as like in the past with Horry+Fish teams would have to worry about 1-2 other guys too - thus opening up things for Kobe."

Response - when Kobe gets the ball with just 3 to 5 seconds about 30' away from the basket, it is hard to see LO at the top of the key NOT in the line of Kobe's vision?!?!?! LO, if he really wanted the ball, should have made himself visible (in this case, move up 2 to 3 feet so that Kobe has a chance to see him quickly). When Luke held the ball for 4 to 5 seconds while trying to get the ball to Kobe while nobody called a TO (they had one left), it doomed the play. Besides, who do you want taking this shot - Smush, LO or Kobe ----- Uhhhhhh Kobe?!?!?! We saw what happened to Marcus Banks when he had a wide open 3 point shot - missed the basket by 2 to 3 feet.
LakeShow09
LG Multimedia Team
LG Multimedia Team

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject:

BigAssLakerFan wrote:
Klone_dd wrote:
Kobe's belief in himself cost him at the end of the game. He takes a contested 30 ftr when he had LO and Cook wide open on the other side of the floor. Oh, well.

More 3rd Quarter blues coupled with a carryover from the Minny game in terms of turnovers. Bigs who can hit perimeter shots still give Kwame a problem.

At least we're still getting good consistent production from LO and Luke.

I didn't get to see the game, but it says Kobe got the ball with like 3-5 seconds left, would it be possible for him to find the open player, deliver a pass to the 'other side of the floor' and for that player to get a decent look? Once again, I'm not saying Kobe should've taken it, but I didn't get to see it so I'm clueless as to what exactly happened.

Cook and Odom were WIDE OPEN, with plenty of time.. Kobe was in head down force it at all costs mode
Rigged4fun
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject:

With Kobe in a slump, Mihm out, doesn't look like the Lakers can beat many if any. I kinda wish the season was ending so we can see if there's gonna be any hope for next year. I guess I'm worn out with hoping these guys would come together. Every time we see some improvement, they take a step back. Hard to watch a great franchise go through this....but it's not the first time.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers looked a bit off. I wonder if they arrived late and missed some sleep.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:28 pm    Post subject:

LakeShow09 wrote:
Cook and Odom were WIDE OPEN, with plenty of time.. Kobe was in head down force it at all costs mode
With 3 to 4 seconds about 30' away, how was Kobe going to see, have time and/or get the ball to LO - who was about 2-3' behind the 3 point line? Observation was made after reviewing the play on TiVo - couldn't find where Cook was at?!?!
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:56 am    Post subject:

A Mad Chinaman wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
Have you missed watching Kwame when he's in the post? He doesn't draw a double. He generally plays like he's in a panic and rushes shots and throws up some hideous bricks. He makes some great moves, but can't finish off those moves for crap. His teammates don't trust him...Phil does not trust him... for obvious reasons. In the most of the post plays Kwame has gotten since Mihm has been down have resulted in something bad happening. His been earning his points off others setting him up under the hoop and hitting his FTs or general garbage points.They trust Mihm because he has gotten results all season long.
DB - Definitely agree with your post. Do you think that Kwame should work on these plays that recently were successful - 1) P&R where Kwame dives toward the paint - has been done with LO and Smush. Kwame should be TOLD that he should be dunking the ball with "Mean Intentions" instead of the lame 1' layup that he will misss by 3' and: 2) Where Kwame has "sealed" off the defender (ala the Minnesota game vs. KG - I think - and again dunking the ball w/"Mean Intentions!" The Lakers, however, shouldn't abandon throwing the ball into the post to force opposing teams guard "North & South" - instead of just "East & West" which much easier for the defense to guard.

P&R plays are good for Kwame, as long as he tries to finish strong. He can get a head of steam and attempt to throwdown with both hands when he has an open lane off those. Regarding the seal play, yes they should run that some more, use his body to our advantage...run the corner sequence in the Tri for him it allows him to get the ball in better position and he can attempt to go up strong.

They certainly do need to give him the ball in the post. He's actually not a bad passer from there and can hit guys popping out or cutting from various spots. Also, he can draw some fouls in the post on occasion. Still, there's a big difference in production between Kwame's back to the basket game and Mihm's. Mihm improved quite a bit, it possible that Kwame can, too. But as of right now, he's still ineffective in that area.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: