** Play-Offs Round 1/ Gm2: Los Angeles Lakers vs Denver Nuggets (04/22/24) **
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61, 62  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:51 pm    Post subject:

Nuggets starters were -13 in this game and their bench was +23. Who would have ever thought that would happen? That's pretty crazy.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:51 pm    Post subject:

deleted

Last edited by KingKobe20 on Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:53 pm    Post subject:

This is favor returned 4 the ad shot in the bubble

Good night…
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:55 pm    Post subject:

Japago wrote:
I wish the Lakers didn't make the playoffs.

The humiliation of getting swept by the same team 2 years in a row is more that just missing the playoffs, IMO.

The Lakers are going to be the laughing stock of the NBA in 2 games.

Jokic said Lakers were the toughest team they played in the playoffs last year.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:55 pm    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
Japago wrote:

The humiliation of getting swept by the same team 2 years in a row is more that just missing the playoffs, IMO.

Laughing stock?
They have won freaking 18 titles, and the only reason denver is relevant is they got lucky and drafted one of the best players ever in Jokic with the 40th pick!
All of that luck, only won 1 title and who knows if they'll win again...I'd argue that the nuggets are cool and shiny NOW, but are NOTHING compared to the Lakers brand.
End of story.

FACTS!

Some of these cats needs to stop listening to all these Lakers haters on social media and ESPN.

Humiliation? If we get swept again so what.
Denver has kicked our ass for 3-4 years good for them.

We have been kicking their ass for the past 5 decades.

I too am confident our Lakers will be better than Denver sooner than never. Nikola got like 3-4 years of MVP type of play and he's been clear in reports he's not trying to play until his late 30's. That's how great he is that basketball isn't even his first love LOL!
It's always about his horses.

No shame in losing compared to not even being invited to the dance like the golden state warriors.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:02 pm    Post subject:

ducasse wrote:
Japago wrote:

And the Lakers are playing them much tougher this year than last. Its that AD vs Jokic matchup thats changed. Plus even if Gordon switches onto AD, for one, AD has more length than Gordon. Two and more importantly, u can screen Gordon off AD with Rui or any of the other players
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:05 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
ducasse wrote:
Japago wrote:

And the Lakers are playing them much tougher this year than last. It’s that AD vs Jokic matchup thats changed. Plus even if Gordon switches onto AD, for one, AD has more length than Gordon. Two and more importantly, u can screen Gordon off AD with Rui or any of the other players

They were not going to let Gordon cover AD by himself, Jokic would come to double, they put Gordon on AD so he will be switched into lebron when we run lebron/AD PNR. Obvious counter would be for Rui to make some damn shots or he can be setting the pick for lebron
Itsowheeze
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:06 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
lakerfansd wrote:
We desperately need a guard who can break down defense. AD can play amazing like he did but will still disappear in the 4th. Lebron will start jacking perimeter shots when he's tired. We don't have a player that can get to the basket. And we need an another rebounder. It's been or achilles heel all season giving up offensive rebounds

Solid analysis
AD doesn't disappear we go away from him there's a difference. Ham freestyles to damn much
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:10 pm    Post subject:

We are too damn small. We have to fight and claw for every rebound and turn on the jets on every drive because of their length and athleticism.

It’s wearing us down because our baseline level of effort has to be higher than there’s at all times because they have the physical advantage everywhere

Last edited by Brawn13 on Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:10 pm    Post subject:

It's terrible to me that there are still Lakers fans who don't support Lebron and are impatiently waiting his exit. (LOL as he's entering his 7th season with the Lakers)
With that said the Lebron only fans who really don't care about the Lakers and are just hanging around to glaze the man are just as bad if not worse.

Bad news for both.

Lebron is happy with the Lakers and has been adamant about his desire to finish his career here. An Jeanie has been clear on doing whatever it takes to make that happen $$$$$$
AND YES Lebron and AD will have their jerseys retired for the 2020 chip guaranteed.

To those that still don't believe in Lebron and AD's loyalty to the franchise Maybe its time to change teams?
clippers?
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:11 pm    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
We are too damn small. We have to fight and claw for every rebound and turn on the jets on every drive because of their length and athleticism.

It’s wearing us down because our baseline level of effort has to be higher than there’s at all times because they have the physical advantage everywhere

The rebounding ability of our guards makes me miss brick, lol. The last 2 times we beat Denver was with brick…
Dominic1981
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:12 pm    Post subject:

If Denver sticks with Gordon on AD, and just letting Jokic rest on D, I don’t think the games in LA will be that close.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

mad55557777 wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
ducasse wrote:
Japago wrote:

And the Lakers are playing them much tougher this year than last. It’s that AD vs Jokic matchup thats changed. Plus even if Gordon switches onto AD, for one, AD has more length than Gordon. Two and more importantly, u can screen Gordon off AD with Rui or any of the other players

They were not going to let Gordon cover AD by himself, Jokic would come to double, they put Gordon on AD so he will be switched into lebron when we run lebron/AD PNR. Obvious counter would be for Rui to make some damn shots or he can be setting the pick for lebron

Hmmmmm.....perhaps you are right. Live it seemed Gordon was doing a good job bodying up AD and his looks on top of Gordon were not good looks at all even though I remember that shot near the free throw line went in. Rui chose a hell of a time to have a stinker but its the same case with him as was the case with D'Angelo. But for once, I think the correct process is to stick with Prince over Rui especially if Rui doesnt have it. Prince has got real balls even if he is a net negative the longer u play him. Dude has a playoff mentality and can make big shots.

Last edited by 1995Lakers on Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

KingKobe20 wrote:
It's terrible to me that there are still Lakers fans who don't support Lebron and are impatiently waiting his exit. (LOL as he's entering his 7th season with the Lakers)
With that said the Lebron only fans who really don't care about the Lakers and are just hanging around to glaze the man are just as bad if not worse.

Bad news for both.

Lebron is happy with the Lakers and has been adamant about his desire to finish his career here. An Jeanie has been clear on doing whatever it takes to make that happen $$$$$$
AND YES Lebron and AD will have their jerseys retired for the 2020 chip guaranteed.

To those that still don't believe in Lebron and AD's loyalty to the franchise Maybe its time to change teams?
clippers?

Ungrateful, spoiled
Lebron, to this date played up to his max contract, even at 39 years old.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:13 pm    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:

miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:15 pm    Post subject:

Man just watched the closing minute there...

Such BS they gave Murray that call only not to give to Lebron on the following play with the same hip push foul...

AR you have get that ball and want it!!!... Before the MPJ 3.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

1995Lakers wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
ducasse wrote:
Japago wrote:

Hmmmmm.....perhaps you are right. Live it seemed Gordon was doing a good job bodying up AD and his looks on top of Gordon were not good looks at all even though I remember that shot near the free throw line went in. Rui chose a hell of a time to have a stinker

Gordon is their best defender and strong as hell, their defense was centered around his versatility. AD couldn’t operate closer to the post because MPJ or Jokic was always in the paint, this was exactly what happened last year with vando. If Rui continues to struggle, Denver will treat him like vando. They didn’t start Jokic on Rui because they were worried about rui’s scoring ability
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

Saw the game at the local Hooters.

Brutal.

This may be our ‘2004 Spurs’ moment. Maybe not.

I’ll give credit to DLO. Had a decent game on the road. I was shocked.

If there is any consolation prize, IMO the Nuggets would have won the game anyway in overtime. Can’t see the Lakers winning a game like this in overtime, on the road, in the playoffs. Despite being up nearly 20, I KNEW the Nuggets would make some kind of a comeback. The Lakers would do the same if they were down that big at home.

They HAVE to find a way to sustain the momentum without taking their foot off the gas pedal in game 3, at home.

I think they can gain some confidence if they win game 3, which will be at home, so they will have crowd support.

The fact that they played much better in game 2 after losing game 1, was surprising and maybe a plus. If they win game 3 and 4, and manage to get game 5 into a final shot type of situation, maybe that shot for the Nuggets won’t go in.

Or maybe this is just a cope post.

Overall game take and very entertaining. The bar was going wild!

Last edited by george w kush on Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:17 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Brawn13 wrote:

I said early in the season... Ham and the lack of athleticism from our starting backcourt will cost us in the playoffs.

Been 2 biggest reason so far were down 0-2.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:21 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

Bad news for both.

clippers?

Ungrateful, spoiled

He can go. Ready for the rebuild.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:21 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Brawn13 wrote:

I said early in the season... Ham and the lack of athleticism from our starting backcourt will cost us in the playoffs.

Been 2 biggest reason so far were down 0-2.

MPJ is the same height as AD at 6-10.
Plus like miggz mentioned Darvin is allergic to big lineups.

If even remotely possible I'd really like to run this back next season with a 31 year old Jonas Valančiūnas who will be entering free agency this summer
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:23 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

Bad news for both.

clippers?

Ungrateful, spoiled

He can go, but support him while he is still in lakers uniform. He gave it all

Last edited by mad55557777 on Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:27 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

Bad news for both.

clippers?

Ungrateful, spoiled

He can go, but support him while he is still in lakers uniform. He gave it too

Hell Nah!

The real ones aren't ready to let go of 25,8,8 every damn night.
AND Idgaf that he's turning 40 next season in year 22.

My guess is he'll retire from the game of basketball as a member of the Lakers after year 23.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:31 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

Bad news for both.

clippers?

Ungrateful, spoiled

Spoken like someone who isn't a fan of a currently rebuilding team. A rebuild run by Pelinka and Jeanie Buss is going to be a (bleep) nightmare.
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:40 pm    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:

The altitude as well is a factor. Nuggets will be less fatigued exerting the same energy.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 60 of 62
Jump to: