** Play-Offs Round 1/ Gm2: Los Angeles Lakers vs Denver Nuggets (04/22/24) **
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 60, 61, 62  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: ** Play-Offs Round 1/ Gm2: Los Angeles Lakers vs Denver Nuggets (04/22/24) **

pio2u wrote:
Los Angeles Lakers vs Denver Nuggets
Ball Arena • Denver, CO | Monday, Apr. 22, 2024 • 7:00 PM PT

- Western Conference Play-Off Round 1/ Gm2 -

*TEAM ROSTERS:(link)

*INJURY REPORT: link
    Los Angeles Lakers

Denver Nuggets

* MEDIA:
    TNT, NBALP, SPECSN,
    Radio: ESPN LA 710/KWKW (S)

……….. FRY the NUGGETS!!
      …….. LET’S GO LAKERS!!
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:57 pm    Post subject:

We lose by 15 tomorrow easily. They are stronger, more disciplined, more skilled, deeper and more focused than the Lakers.
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:12 am    Post subject:

To me this is a must win. I think if we lose game 2 the series is over in 4 or 5.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:34 am    Post subject:

Guess which team almost always consistently runs a set offense in the high 60%? Guess which team tends to freelance and does not maintain their discipline in running a set offense?

Oh yea of note, both teams excel when they actually run the set offense in terms of PPP. The Lakers ran their set offense in the ~60% close to 70% in the first qtr. What was the score then? Not even close in the 2nd, 3rd or 4th qtrs and it got ridiculously low in the entire second half.

Want to know why Denver seems so consistent when it comes to scoring? Watch not the result but how they run their offense. It explains their low pace but it shows how damn well they execute because they have the discipline to run plays that work over and over again. For those that think Jokic is the reason for the slow pace because he is a fat white guy.....wrong.....watch how Jokic actually runs the floor and how often he beats AD down the floor and runs in transition with the other Nuggets starters. Jokic/Murray are generally much more disciplined than Lebron. Its funny how he describes title teams as teams that always pay attention to detail when HE was the main culprit for that lack of attention to detail and being the primary reason for the Lakers collapse and inability to comeback.

Im going to stop (bleep) on Bron now but he needs to get his act together and stop making it seem like its the others not doing these things when he is the biggest problem when it comes to the lack of discipline and attention to detail.

Also the media tends to focus on D'Angelo Russell which really tells me they dont know what they are talking about other than being able to read a stat sheet. Russell was a part of the problem and he did make some mistakes offensively and defensively but his mistakes in terms of the process were not the ones that did in the Lakers and generally not more than the other starters - for the most part, he just missed makeable shots.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:38 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
We beat Denver in 2020 because we were bigger than them. We were the biggest team actually. Pelinka downsized the team and never replaced Howard with another big. Even though we're "smaller", we were still good enough to handle most teams except Denver. Denver could bully us with their size but a team like Phoenix could have enough firepower to outscore them. Lakers with only Bron and AD scoring isn't going to cut it.

Wolves are big
Denver is big
Bucks big
Celtics big

All the best teams are big. No idea why people think big does not matter anymore.
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:49 am    Post subject:

Lakers shock the world with a close win. LeBron sets the table for his teammates with 10+ assists, and DLO regains his shooting form with 20+ points.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:33 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
We beat Denver in 2020 because we were bigger than them. We were the biggest team actually. Pelinka downsized the team and never replaced Howard with another big. Even though we're "smaller", we were still good enough to handle most teams except Denver. Denver could bully us with their size but a team like Phoenix could have enough firepower to outscore them. Lakers with only Bron and AD scoring isn't going to cut it.

Wolves are big
Denver is big
Bucks big
Celtics big

All the best teams are big. No idea why people think big does not matter anymore.

No idea why Pelinka doesn't think big is relevant anymore.

We were the biggest team when we won in 2020. Then Pelinka went out to sign 6'6 midget Harrell to replace Howard. The rest was history. After Mark Gasol, I don't think we've ever had another true center.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:47 am    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Status quo for the injury report for tomorrow’s Game 2, with LeBron and AD both probable and the four guys who’ve been out still out.

https://x.com/lakersreporter/status/1782167735021015374?s=46&t=6-sxM4NpvzeWdNMn3aVCqg

TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:59 am    Post subject:

No boot today for Jared Vanderbilt at shootaround, going through drills with the strength staff

https://x.com/danwoikesports/status/1782469002939211917?s=46&t=6-sxM4NpvzeWdNMn3aVCqg

Zillethai
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:06 am    Post subject:

chrisca91 wrote:
I expect Denver to have the lead the entire game

More likely, the Lakers will play the game of their lives for 3 quarters. Denver will cruise along... and keep it somewhat close.

Then late in the 3rd, Lakers will lose gas, and Denver will step up the intensity and take over from there.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:16 am    Post subject:

Zillethai wrote:
chrisca91 wrote:
I expect Denver to have the lead the entire game

More likely, the Lakers will play the game of their lives for 3 quarters. Denver will cruise along... and keep it somewhat close.

Then late in the 3rd, Lakers will lose gas, and Denver will step up the intensity and take over from there.

Honestly they just need to not panic and run their sets. They do that, they will be fine. But part of the panic is knowing you are going against the better team. The surprising element is the biggest culprit of the panic and its not just this game but a lot of the Denver-LA matchups is the 21 year veteran Bron. Recall the previous matchups and how in the last minutes of the game, how often Bron gets blocked, turnovered or just plain blown missed layups even. If you actually think about it, the guy who displayed the most panic in this Denver-LA matchup consistently is Lebron
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:22 am    Post subject:

Gotta say this is why I admire Jimmy Butler so much. Dude LITERALLY NEVER panics. EVER. Bron has panicked as a veteran. Kobe has panicked as a veteran (Boston 2010 Game 7 and also recall the OKC series in 2012 where he made several braindead turnovers/decisions in Games 2 and 4). MJ has panicked as a veteran (Orlando 1995 Game 1 and 6). Magic of course Tragic.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:22 am    Post subject:

Downed 1-0, pressure will be on Lakers to win this one to make it a series. I know Bron and AD could handle the greater pressure because they've been there done that. Not sure about DLo and the rest of the crew.

Denver is just playing with too much confidence. I hope we could at least make it a close game and hopefully got some lucky bounces and eek out a small victory but I think it could be a blowout.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:45 am    Post subject:

LakersARETheGOAT wrote:
From what I seen, laker have to get Gordon in foul trouble early again and keep him in foul trouble, he kills the lakers on rebounds. I’d also add try to get porter in foul trouble.

Scott Foster is in the house tonight so there is a very good chance of this happening.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:14 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
LakersARETheGOAT wrote:
From what I seen, laker have to get Gordon in foul trouble early again and keep him in foul trouble, he kills the lakers on rebounds. I’d also add try to get porter in foul trouble.

Scott Foster is in the house tonight so there is a very good chance of this happening.

They made an issue about ft discrepancy so hopefully that doesn’t sway foster.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:17 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
LakersARETheGOAT wrote:

They made an issue about ft discrepancy so hopefully that doesn’t sway foster.

If anything, I think that would make him want to give the Lakers an even bigger discrepancy this game.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:57 pm    Post subject:

One game, and the entire series changes. Just one 😎
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:03 pm    Post subject:

it's very depressing, Denver played a B- game in game 1 and still won. it's the same script as last year's series. game would be close or even Lakers with the lead for the 1st 3 qtrs and then Nuggs just pull away at the end. i remember during the Shaq/Kobe 3 peat days, the Lakers were that team, they would sleepwalking most of the game and then flipped the switch at the end. i really miss those days.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:33 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
it's very depressing, Denver played a B- game in game 1 and still won. it's the same script as last year's series. game would be close or even Lakers with the lead for the 1st 3 qtrs and then Nuggs just pull away at the end. i remember during the Shaq/Kobe 3 peat days, the Lakers were that team, they would sleepwalking most of the game and then flipped the switch at the end. i really miss those days.

I hate these comparisons…. shaq, kobe, DFish etc would destroy this Denver team
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:42 pm    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Depends on which iteration. Maybe the 01 team can say this. The 00, 02 and 03 iterations arent destroying the Jokic Nuggets at all.
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:29 pm    Post subject:

Why aren't Lakers attacking the rim more? Nuggets are near the bottom of the league for rim protection.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:57 pm    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Don't need Shaq and Kobe. A serviceable big like Howard would do. We beat them back in 2020 because we were bigger so they couldn't bully us. Now they're bigger and they're killing us on the glass.

We don't have a center so we can't beat Denver but we're still good enough to beat everyone else.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:17 pm    Post subject:

TMG wrote:
Brawn13 wrote:
Japago wrote:
I'm going to be brutally honest...

I think it would've been less embarrassing to lose in the play-in than get swept again by the same team for the 2nd year in a row.

Nothing's changed. The Lakers can't defend them, and some of the same players the Lakers are relying on are disappearing again.

The Lakers really sat on the same team(apart from minor role players) and thought things would be different.

The Lakers weren't championship contenders last year, and they're not this year.

The Lakers got a lucky break last year dealing with a MEM team without Steven Adams and a hobbled Ja and a GSW team on it's last legs.

ENOUGH with the minor changes.

Agreed. The Lebron/AD duo has run its course. Lebron is great for his age but it’s just not enough to compete with the top duos in the league.

AD and Lebron ain't the problem. Our guards aren't better than Denvers.

Maybe if Ham switches up the lineups where Gabe starts over DLO we get some more balance but that wont happen.

If we had actually developed Christie im 100% he'd be great for this series. He's our best perimeter defender at the guard spot but Ham being an idiot didn't give him time on the court during the season.

Lebron/AD ain’t the problem, people like to spam that cause they’re the leaders but it just takes a quick glance and a little looking to see plainly that a minor upgrade to rebounding/defense in the front court with a minor upgrade to defense in the backcourt with a player that isn’t a liability on offense (not like lCam/Dinwiddie/Vincent) would make the team a contender legitimately.

Oh, Vincent ain’t the answer either, or at least he hasn’t looked like it so far. Those promoting him ignore that he scored ZERO points in 5 of his last 7 games.

Here’s he discouraging thing…it’s possible that last year’s playoff team just needed a training camp and full season together but…instead of upgrading last year’s team Rob downgraded it. An upgrade would have been the best move but at least don’t downgrade the team. Both Wood and Mo Bama were disappointing so whatever there, but Schroeder played better than expected this year and Vincent is worse than expected. I don’t know if it would have made a difference striking out at the center position, but I could at least believe in the team if Rob brought back ALL the main contributors without upgrading elsewhere.

Vincent’s season compared to Schroeder’s turned me against Rob and not getting an upgrade at the C like a big body back up cause me to give up on the team. I don’t expect anything but an eventual loss.

Last edited by Hanging from Rafters on Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:23 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Depends on which iteration. Maybe the 01 team can say this. The 00, 02 and 03 iterations arent destroying the Jokic Nuggets at all.

Come on, man. Don't be silly
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:30 pm    Post subject:

Howard was instrumental because of his defense and rebounding. Howard was playing the role of Rodman and Draymond. Every championship dynasty has that one center that has no offense but could do everything else...lol

What I would give for Gobert right now. I think Minnesota underpaid for him considering how hard it is to find a 7-footer that could ball. It's hard enough to find people over 7 feet.

Next year, we should DEFINITELY get a true center at whatever the cost. Hopefully, Bron still stays forever young and AD stays healthy and we RUN IT BACK!!

F U Denver!! We'll run it back!!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 2 of 62
Jump to: