* Play-Offs Round 1/ Gm1: Los Angeles Lakers vs Denver Nuggets(04/20/24) *
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:18 pm    Post subject:

Difference is coaching. Mike Malone when down 12 made sure to run a play for MPJ to get him going, and the rest was history. Harm on the other hand would never have done that with Rui.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:18 pm    Post subject:

All ill say is if D'Lo plays the same way in Game 2, this could still be a series. If he starts going back into a shell and passing up shots and being soft.....bench him.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:19 pm    Post subject:

Bottom line, if we aren't hitting threes and we aren't getting rebounds no adjustment in the world is going to save us from the reigning champions

Last edited by Lucky_Shot on Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:19 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
Bron was gassed for a lot of the game. Might just not have enough on the roster.

Denver altitude is no joke and one thing I was worried about with 39yo Bron going in the series. He looked gassed in the 4th.
Dominic1981
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:20 pm    Post subject:

Nnamdi21 wrote:
TDRock wrote:
Darvin Ham says the Lakers have a couple more adjustments they’re going to throw at Nikola Jokic. He added the Lakers didn’t want to use all of their adjustments in Game 1.

https://x.com/jovanbuha/status/1781883935317697010?s=46&t=6-sxM4NpvzeWdNMn3aVCqg

dlo on Jokic? lol seriously we have nothing left to do. doubles wont work because he'll make you pay. and AD cant guard him one on one without being gassed on the offensive end.

I would just leave AD on an island with Jokic. Double Murray when he comes off the high screen and force Jokic to score 50+ points but nobody else is going to beat us

It’s the other guys getting hot that kills the Lakers
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:21 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
Bron was gassed for a lot of the game. Might just not have enough on the roster.

Denver altitude is no joke and one thing I was worried about with 39yo Bron going in the series. He looked gassed in the 4th.

All true but he let go of the rope. It was written all over his face and the way he was playing. Had the game been closer or Lakers had the lead, at least half of those mistakes he caused would not have happened.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:21 pm    Post subject:

I don't think Dlo and AR will keep having bad games. I expect Dlo, AR, and Rui will show up in game 2. It's going to be a closer game maybe a win.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:22 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Difference is coaching. Mike Malone when down 12 made sure to run a play for MPJ to get him going, and the rest was history. Harm on the other hand would never have done that with Rui.

A lot of much better coaches don’t have answers either.
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

Brawn13 wrote:
Denver has the personnel to literally bully us at every position. Our 3 most physically capable players Lebron AD and Rui are like mosquitoes against Jokic.

Seems like only way to possibly reduce Jokic's effectiveness is have a huge body that leans on him and makes him exert energy by forcing him to be physical with someone as big as he is. That will potentially make him less effective later in the game. I still can't believe Rob needed to make a move for a big physical center and didn't do it. He's just too big for AD and Rui and anyone on the roster.

Last edited by ducasse on Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

TDRock wrote:
Darvin Ham says the Lakers have a couple more adjustments they’re going to throw at Nikola Jokic. He added the Lakers didn’t want to use all of their adjustments in Game 1.

https://x.com/jovanbuha/status/1781883935317697010?s=46&t=6-sxM4NpvzeWdNMn3aVCqg

So you gonna just lose game 1 cause you don't want to show all your adjustments? LOL! This dude is just full of crap.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:23 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I don't think Dlo and AR will keep having bad games. I expect Dlo, AR, and Rui will show up in game 2. It's going to be a closer game maybe a win.

I don't -- AR and DLO are not playoff caliber players.
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

Halflife wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

A lot of much better coaches don’t have answers either.

Yes. Malone would be nothing without Jokic.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

jodeke wrote:

Agreed....I actually like how the Lakers played and the flow of the game. Is it true that the overall flow of the game still favored Denver. Yes. Did we play well enough to show me we could win at Denver. Yes. If Bron didnt let go of the rope, we played much better/competitive today than either Game 1 or 2 last year.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:26 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Agreed....I actually like how the Lakers played and the flow of the game. Is it true that the overall flow of the game still favored Denver. Yes. Did we play well enough to show me we could win at Denver. Yes. If Bron didnt let go of the rope, we played much better/competitive today than either Game 1 or 2 last year.

This game has been the pattern for the last 9 games against Denver. We build an early lead and it just wilts in the second half. I'm not an X's and O's guru but usually the half is where adjustments are made and it seems clear that Ham is outmatched.

How does Rui have 4 shots?! How do you not get some looks for him to get him going?
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:26 pm    Post subject:

The feeling I got was we are getting used to Denver's offensive schemes on defense. Is it enough for me to say the Lakers are better than the Nuggets? No. But it just felt their shot quality overall was lower than last year in the playoffs when we played them.
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:27 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
jodeke wrote:

This game has been the pattern for the last 9 games against Denver. We build an early lead and it just wilts in the second half. I'm not an X's and O's guru but usually the half is where adjustments are made and it seems clear that Ham is outmatched.

How does Rui have 4 shots?! How do you not get some looks for him to get him going?

lebron 1 shot in the 4th

edit: 2 shots

Last edited by lakersfan32 on Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:27 pm    Post subject:

Dominic1981 wrote:
Nnamdi21 wrote:
TDRock wrote:

dlo on Jokic? lol seriously we have nothing left to do. doubles wont work because he'll make you pay. and AD cant guard him one on one without being gassed on the offensive end.

I would just leave AD on an island with Jokic. Double Murray when he comes off the high screen and force Jo kic to score 50+ points but nobody else is going to beat us

Jokic will just back AD down and shoot 2 to 3foot shots. Did you notice how many of the shots he made in the paint and how many he missed? He's a machine putting the ball in the basket anywhere near the rim.
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:29 pm    Post subject:

Dominic1981 wrote:
Nnamdi21 wrote:
TDRock wrote:

I would just leave AD on an island with Jokic. Double Murray when he comes off the high screen and force Jokic to score 50+ points but nobody else is going to beat us

agree with you on this. but Ham's defensive schemes involve leaving guys open for 3. I think Richard Jerfferson mentioned this on one sequence where we doubled Murray for a easy wide open 3 for Porter. The amount of wide open 3's the nuggets get vs us is amazing
LakersARETheGOAT
Star Player
Star Player

TDRock wrote:

What a joke. I feel like Ive seen this before. Denver in 4
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

I love our overall base level though....the level at which we played the first half, that level is enough to win the title and had this game been played in Los Angeles, its LA with a 10-15 pt lead at the half.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

I will say this, nine straight losses to the Nuggets.

And as long as we win the next one we go back to LA with home court advantage. All we got to do is win one game and we changed the entire narrative of the season

One Game... now just win it

Last edited by Lucky_Shot on Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

1995Lakers wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

All true but he let go of the rope. It was written all over his face and the way he was playing. Had the game been closer or Lakers had the lead, at least half of those mistakes he caused would not have happened.

Not sure about that… Because I didn’t see or sense that at all. I might have to rewatch the game.

But we need more from DLO/AR/Ruii and didnt out play KCP/Gordon/MPJ.
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:30 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
TDRock wrote:

So you gonna just lose game 1 cause you don't want to show all your adjustments? LOL! This dude is just full of crap.

The great coaches wouldnt be bragging about this, they would just do it. I think he's talking out of his behind
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

ducasse wrote:
Dominic1981 wrote:
Nnamdi21 wrote:
TDRock wrote:

I would just leave AD on an island with Jokic. Double Murray when he comes off the high screen and force Jo kic to score 50+ points but nobody else is going to beat us

Jokic will just back AD down and shoot 2 to 3foot shots. Did you notice how many of the shots he made in the paint and how many he missed? He's a machine putting the ball in the basket anywhere near the rim.

We need to live with this. AD actually did a great job (Dwight-esque) in challenging those shots
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

If DLo clanks his first 3 shots next game, yank his ass and bring in Gabe.
Give ALL of Dinwiddies minutes to Max.
Bring in Jax whenever DJ is being run at center.
Tell EVERY player other than AD they need to get AT LEAST 5 boards in the game or they can walk back to LA for game 3.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 39 of 42
Jump to: