Make your prediction: Will Darvin Ham be fired?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will Ham be fired?
Yes
80%
 80%  [ 36 ]
No
20%
 20%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 45

CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:20 pm    Post subject: Make your prediction: Will Darvin Ham be fired?

And post your guesses on the timeframe in which this will happen. I say yes, within the next week.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Startrout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:53 pm    Post subject:

Darvin is not the reason we lost. He had us playing great, we just missed shots and Lebron is too old to go full out for a full game every night. Everyone always blames the coach, even Phil got tons of hate. It’s the players that couldn’t get it done. No coach is going to make Porter, Murray, of Joker miss those shots. Our offense stalled mostly due to fatigue. We we had our energy we were great.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:01 pm    Post subject:

Startrout wrote:
Darvin is not the reason we lost. He had us playing great, we just missed shots and Lebron is too old to go full out for a full game every night. Everyone always blames the coach, even Phil got tons of hate. It’s the players that couldn’t get it done. No coach is going to make Porter, Murray, of Joker miss those shots. Our offense stalled mostly due to fatigue. We we had our energy we were great.

Maybe but this team quit on him in game 3 but they redeemed themselves. AD threw him under the bus. Are our guys coachable? Who is better? Historically coaches have always taken the heat. Someone posted that bron wanted Spoelstra fired. It’s just the trench we are in. Eventually our GM will realize it’s not “everyone else’s “ fault
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:11 pm    Post subject:

Startrout wrote:

maybe so, Darvin didn't help though. what does he do anyway? experiment with crazy lineups,and end up with a team without continuity and a low seed heading into the PO?
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:16 pm    Post subject:

I think they will pull that BS where they wait until after the final so as not to take away attention from the finals, while another team fires their coach in the next week and ends up hiring the guy we wanted
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:59 pm    Post subject:

Today!

8th place finish and first round playoff exit with a healthy Bron and AD is grossly underachieving. For comparison, Vogel was 52-19 (73%) and won the championship that year when both Bron and AD were healthy and dominating like this.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 4:42 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Today!

8th place finish and first round playoff exit with a healthy Bron and AD is grossly underachieving. For comparison, Vogel was 52-19 (73%) and won the championship that year when both Bron and AD were healthy and dominating like this.

How'd Vogel do this season with KD and Booker dominating?
Cyberfreak444
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 5:43 am    Post subject:

If he's not fired then this franchise has truly lost his way.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 6:21 am    Post subject:

Probably this Friday.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 6:43 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Today!

How'd Vogel do this season with KD and Booker dominating?

Vogel is a well-known defensive guru based on his experience at Indiana. That's why he would know how to better utilize AD. KD and Booker are pure scorer with little defense. Not the Vogel-type players. Give Vogel defensive oriented players like AD, Howard and KCP and he'd give you another championship. Too bad Pelinka is too dumb to realize that.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 7:13 am    Post subject:

No he will not
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 7:32 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
I think they will pull that BS where they wait until after the final so as not to take away attention from the finals, while another team fires their coach in the next week and ends up hiring the guy we wanted

Or they wait until the finals to see if any other coaches get the ax bc right now it's a bunch of journeyman coach options and JJ Reddick who I imagine would have no problem waiting a couple months before choosing Hornets over Lakers
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 7:40 am    Post subject:

Did he really throw Austin under the bus lol
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 8:14 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:

lol...I can't tell if it's DLo, AR or Rui because neither of them had 10 bad games in a row.

Endorsed by Jeanie, btw. How fitting.
cital
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 8:22 am    Post subject:

I think if he was going to be fired it would have happened already.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 9:25 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
governator wrote:

lol...I can't tell if it's DLo, AR or Rui because neither of them had 10 bad games in a row.

Endorsed by Jeanie, btw. How fitting.

That’s just nuts, u protect ur pupils and take the heat, always. The bucks stop with me kinda thing
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 9:29 am    Post subject:

They should fired him. He can’t make adjustments on the fly nor set up his team accordingly and play chess with the best of them on a series. He’s not the right coach for this team, more like an assistant. I do like his calm demeanor approach though.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 9:50 am    Post subject:

Friday
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 11:10 am    Post subject:

or the front office hires a top assistant (former NBA coach) and tells Ham... take it or take a buyout (for less than what's left on your contract).
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 11:28 am    Post subject:

Vogel was fired for much less.

Bottom line, most of the Laker players have turned against Mr. Ham, and the Laker front office has been suspiciously silent the last few days. I think Mr. Ham's fate is tied into what King James does, in that when Lebron leaves, Lakers will reset their philosophy, which would justify hiring a new coach, as said coach needs to be able to execute that new philosophy.

So, if Lebron leaves, Mr. Ham is gone. If Lebron stays, Mr. Ham stays UNTIL Lebron leaves. Being that Lebron is likely to return, I'd say we need to get used to Mr. Ham being around as well.

Dammit.
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 11:47 am    Post subject:

They should have let him in Denver. Fire him!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 12:19 pm    Post subject:

Startrout wrote:

disagree. He is the reason we were slotted where we were. Price started way too many games and I do not hate prince. I really hope he comes back for un next year off the bench.

Ham has no clue when to call a time out.

and I'm sorry but why was AD in the game while he visibly couldnt use his left arm?

This team has problems deeper than Ham but he takes plenty of blame.

I'm not some coach hater, either. I did not blame Vogal for our issues when he was fired and was against that one. Ham is a step down from Vogal and we need a real coach.

If Ham isn't fired, im calling for Jenie's head. That would be unacceptable.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 12:23 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
They should fired him. He can’t make adjustments on the fly nor set up his team accordingly and play chess with the best of them on a series. He’s not the right coach for this team, more like an assistant. I do like his calm demeanor approach though.

we lost all those 3rd quarters because we cannot make adjustments. Lakers were outclassed, more than anything, by the nuggets coaching staff. It was extremely frustrating.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 1:14 pm    Post subject:

1) Lack of adjustments meant Denver only had to make 1 change per game to win.
2) Lack of sane lineups -especially to start the year - meant no team continuity against Denver and a bad seeding putting us in a round 1 matchup with the best team in the league.
3) Lack of organized play calling outside of game 4 lead directly to a lot of LBJ iso ball.

Yes, LBJ is showing his age. Yes, we're smaller than Denver. Yes, there are coaches that would have made this a competitive series if they had the team for a year. Yes, players hit shots more often when they're in familiar positions that were practiced throughout the year.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: