*** Los Angeles Lakers vs New Orleans Pelicans (04/14/24 • 12:30 PM PT) Gm#82 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:20 pm    Post subject:

Are the Lakers about to play the longest regular season in league history? They are at game 83, which has happened before for tie breakers. But we also played an extra minute against Memphis.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:34 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
Are the Lakers about to play the longest regular season in league history? They are at game 83, which has happened before for tie breakers. But we also played an extra minute against Memphis.

Well, technically there used to be 8 preseason games. There are only 6 now. Those games are worth as much as the IST championship game... meaning nothing. You could say the IST game is our 7th exhibition game. So even counting the IST game and the extra minute. We still fall short of the days when we played 8 preseason games.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:42 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

Well, technically there used to be 8 preseason games. There are only 6 now. Those games are worth as much as the IST championship game... meaning nothing. You could say the IST game is our 7th exhibition game. So even counting the IST game and the extra minute. We still fall short of the days when we played 8 preseason games.

sheesh if only there is a tiebreaker reward for the IST champ, it will be useful for the lakers at this stage, they could have been resting next game.
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:06 pm    Post subject:

If there ever was a game where defense needs to be a thing this is it.

I dont want to see this team lose this game because of one quarter.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:57 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers better play like they need to win this game, instead of playing as if a win is optional, something they've been quality of many times this season.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:30 am    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

sheesh if only there is a tiebreaker reward for the IST champ, it will be useful for the lakers at this stage, they could have been resting next game.

Everything about this year has been frustrating. From IST to coaching to underperforming, and even to the lack of goggles. LOL! I will have ZERO empathy for AD the next time he gets cracked in the face. I was shocked he wore nothing for the Memphis game after not returning for the Minnesota game. I mean you were cracked so hard, you couldn't return. The hit was in the first quarter. And this still hasn't convinced you? I don't think the medical staff is this inept, they must have been asking him to wear face protection. This has to be an AD thing.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:42 am    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
18 WINS TO CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

18 to 18
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:20 am    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
The Lakers better play like they need to win this game, instead of playing as if a win is optional, something they've been quality of many times this season.

They've been fighting so hard for every win down the stretch. I don't think they would ever want to relinquish that 8th spot now that they've gotten it. This is gonna be like an elimination play-in game.

I really hope they aren't burned out because the past three games they've been playing like they are. I expected Minny and GSW to be losses so it wasn't a surprise. This game is a toss-up. Pelicans are actually easier than GSW.
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:58 am    Post subject:

Biggest game of the year.

Y'all better win.

Kiss my Converse.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:12 am    Post subject:

This is a just like a playoff game. It is a must win and a loss would be devastating.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:14 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
governator wrote:
Huge game, get that 7th seed via playin, bring on Denver

IST… #17

Let’s Go

No thanks. Anything but Denver in round 1. I'd rather let Denver go thru the tough WC first and then if they still emerged at the end, then it'd be a nice WCF rematch. Really rooting for OKC matchup in round one. Championship chances are very hard to come by so got to make this count.

Bring on Denver! That’s my preferred opponent in the 1st rd. I don’t want anymore half arse false illusion of competitiveness. I’d like to see proof that the Lakers are for real…don’t believe they are and haven’t since the off season…as soon as possible so I can be surprised and root for a ship or go ahead and see that they are what I thought they were and be done with it.

I’ll always root for the Lakers to win but if they beat Denver I could then afterwards root for the Lakers authentically with expectations of continued winning like a normal season (historically) instead of just watching them and waiting/wondering when they will lose like this season so far. Sure, I’d be pissed if they lose to someone else after beating Den…might as well have had Denver be the best case to stop the Foston…but I would be able to ride or die with the Lakers like I have in the past if they beat Denver in the 1st rd. As of now I expect them to lose so an easy path is just a continuation of false arse deceptive uncertain competitiveness and is useless to me.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:40 am    Post subject:

Let’s see what we’re made of.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:09 am    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
governator wrote:

IST… #17

Let’s Go

No thanks. Anything but Denver in round 1. I'd rather let Denver go thru the tough WC first and then if they still emerged at the end, then it'd be a nice WCF rematch. Really rooting for OKC matchup in round one. Championship chances are very hard to come by so got to make this count.

Bring on Denver! That’s my preferred opponent in the 1st rd. I don’t want anymore half arse false illusion of competitiveness. I’d like to see proof that the Lakers are for real…don’t believe they are and haven’t since the off season…as soon as possible so I can be surprised and root for a ship or go ahead and see that they are what I thought they were and be done with it.

I’ll always root for the Lakers to win but if they beat Denver I could then afterwards root for the Lakers authentically with expectations of continued winning like a normal season (historically) instead of just watching them and waiting/wondering when they will lose like this season so far. Sure, I’d be pissed if they lose to someone else after beating Den…might as well have had Denver be the best case to stop the Foston…but I would be able to ride or die with the Lakers like I have in the past if they beat Denver in the 1st rd. As of now I expect them to lose so an easy path is just a continuation of false arse deceptive uncertain competitiveness and is useless to me.

We could win the championship without having to face Denver. Or you would rather face Denver and see if we could beat them?

If we won the championship, nobody would care if we beat Denver or not. I'd like the easiest route possible.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:47 am    Post subject:

Willie Green says Brandon Ingram and Naji Marshall will both play against the Lakers today.

https://x.com/mcten/status/1779566963435413782?s=46&t=6-sxM4NpvzeWdNMn3aVCqg

Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:48 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Hanging from Rafters wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
governator wrote:

IST… #17

Let’s Go

We could win the championship without having to face Denver. Or you would rather face Denver and see if we could beat them?

If we won the championship, nobody would care if we beat Denver or not. I'd like the easiest route possible.

I get what you’re saying and it’s ok if our preferences are different. The journey of the Lakers through the playoffs would be more enjoyable to me if I believed in them so I want a reason to believe which I don’t have now. Watching the Lakers and hoping to avoid a team I’m scared of because I don’t believe in the team cheapens the experience for me. However, if they win a ship without me believing in them due to an easy path, even tho I wouldn’t have enjoyed the journey as much, I’ll still take it…without remorse…a ship is ship lol!
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:11 am    Post subject:

Best scenario for the league is:

Pelicans lose today and get 7th, Lakers beat Pelicans again Tuesday and win 7th spot
Pelicans lose the 9/10 game and Warriors get 8th
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:23 am    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:

Pelicans lose today and get 7th, Lakers beat Pelicans again Tuesday and win 7th spot

Wait a minute... so even if we beat Pelicans in the play-in game... if they go on to beat the winner of GS/Kings, they'd still get 7 by way of regular season record? If that's the case, you want Pelicans to win that GS/Kings match. That would drop Lakers to 8 and get OKC. They are going to be #1. Dallas has nothing to play for against OKC today.
VindicatioN
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:34 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:

Wait a minute... so even if we beat Pelicans in the play-in game... if they go on to beat the winner of GS/Kings, they'd still get 7 by way of regular season record? If that's the case, you want Pelicans to win that GS/Kings match. That would drop Lakers to 8 and get OKC. They are going to be #1. Dallas has nothing to play for against OKC today.

No, the winner of 7/8 play-in game is the 7th seed.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:39 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:

No to the question. The winner of the 7th vs 8th playin game gets the 7th seed in the playoffs regardless of reg season record. So if the Lakers beat the Pels to end the season to be 8th in standings and then beat the Pels again in the 7th vs 8th playin game the Lakers would be the 7th seed in the playoffs regardless of what happens afterwards.

Last edited by Hanging from Rafters on Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:02 am; edited 11 times in total
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:44 am    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:

This would make me happy
Zillethai
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:55 am    Post subject:

Pelicans are the hungrier team. Im not worried about Lebron or AD, im worried about the others
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:58 am    Post subject:

In case anyone was worried lol

As expected, LeBron and AD are both officially available against New Orleans.

https://x.com/lakersreporter/status/1779583116979368353?s=46&t=6-sxM4NpvzeWdNMn3aVCqg

Nobody
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:01 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Let’s see what we’re made of.

Heartbreak. That's what we're made of.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:02 am    Post subject:

Lakers’ starters vs. New Orleans:

D’Angelo Russell
Austin Reaves
Rui Hachimura
LeBron James
Anthony Davis

Record as starters: 17-6

https://x.com/jovanbuha/status/1779585883890479193?s=46&t=6-sxM4NpvzeWdNMn3aVCqg

TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:15 am    Post subject:

(Illustration at link - if you scroll down somebody made it into a wallpaper)

Let’s go Lakers!!!

https://x.com/purehoop/status/1779568331537989669?s=46&t=6-sxM4NpvzeWdNMn3aVCqg

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 2 of 25
Jump to: