Annual Play-in Watch: 2024 Edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:35 pm    Post subject:

The Lebron/AD era was a success, they won a ring. But it's going nowhere now due to coaching
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:50 pm    Post subject:

It was a success, but these idiots are dragging it out longer than they need to.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:50 pm    Post subject:

Nnamdi21 wrote:
The Lebron/AD era was a success, they won a ring. But it's going nowhere now due to coaching

Just coaching? How bout a FO that doesn’t dedicate themselves to winning like how the Warriors FO or Clippers FO does? We are ruining our season cause this team didn’t want to take on salary apart of the reason why they didn’t do anything at the trade deadline. they don’t feel it’s worth it even though Anthony Davis and LeBron James are playing great this season but even then you sometimes see them sulk up on the court cause this roster isn’t good enough for a championship let alone a spot in the playoffs
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:04 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Nnamdi21 wrote:

Just coaching? How bout a FO that doesn’t dedicate themselves to winning like how the Warriors FO or Clippers FO does? We are ruining our season cause this team didn’t want to take on salary apart of the reason why they didn’t do anything at the trade deadline. they don’t feel it’s worth it even though Anthony Davis and LeBron James are playing great this season but even then you sometimes see them sulk up on the court cause this roster isn’t good enough for a championship let alone a spot in the playoffs

defense wrote:
It was a success, but these idiots are dragging it out longer than they need to.

Reason it won't matter if Lebron leaves. You still have the same FO dealing with rosters, and a cheap owner who's trying to cut corners. It was their decision to bring a Lebron on the wrong side of his 30s. They knew the window was small. Can't expect to contend while you trying to save money at the same time.
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:11 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Nnamdi21 wrote:

coaching is probably 80 percent of it. But thats also their fault for hiring Ham. Someone like Nurse has this team 10 games above .500..Even the 2019 Lakers team didnt have much talent but Vogel made it work because he focused on defense. Ham does nothing.
Dominic1981
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:21 am    Post subject:

lakers4life78 wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:
Perpetual play-in contenders. That's the laker standard now, and they supposedly have 2 top 10 talents. Awesome.

Just start the rebuild (bleep).

18-19 - 37 wins
19-20 - bubble chip
21- lose first round
22 - 33 wins laughingstock
23 - 43 wins and fluke playoff run, swept wcf
24 - 9th or 10th seed, likely lose playin

Lebron era.

Wtf is this franchise’s plan? Seems to be playing .500 ball and selling tickets behind the Lebron name for last 3-4 years. Because it’s not serious about being a winning team.

Look how long they stuck with Kobe at the end of his career to purely sell tickets.

I think Jeanie simply believes she’s doing her job as long as there are 2 Max guys on the team. The lakers will never go into tank mode so its roll with big name players till they retire
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:58 am    Post subject:

Dominic1981 wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:
Perpetual play-in contenders. That's the laker standard now, and they supposedly have 2 top 10 talents. Awesome.

Just start the rebuild (bleep).

18-19 - 37 wins
19-20 - bubble chip
21- lose first round
22 - 33 wins laughingstock
23 - 43 wins and fluke playoff run, swept wcf
24 - 9th or 10th seed, likely lose playin

Lebron era.

Wtf is this franchise’s plan? Seems to be playing .500 ball and selling tickets behind the Lebron name for last 3-4 years. Because it’s not serious about being a winning team.

Look how long they stuck with Kobe at the end of his career to purely sell tickets.

I think Jeanie simply believes she’s doing her job as long as there are 2 Max guys on the team. The lakers will never go into tank mode so its roll with big name players till they retire

Not comparable.
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:00 pm    Post subject:

More cushion for GS to stay at 9th seed..ughh I'm sick to my stomach.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:43 pm    Post subject:

It’s gonna be either Lakers at 9 spot or Lakers at 10 spot and the Warriors at 9th spot, I would hate to face Steph in a elimination death match game
petergr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:21 pm    Post subject:

There is a tiny chance of going past the Kings into the 7-8 bracket. Those two losses to Kings loom large
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:31 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
It’s gonna be either Lakers at 9 spot or Lakers at 10 spot and the Warriors at 9th spot, I would hate to face Steph in a elimination death match game

Warriors will sneak in in the 7th-8th spot... They have one of the easiest schedule left. Also has played 3 games less than us.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:45 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Warriors will sneak in in the 7th-8th spot... They have one of the easiest schedule left. Also has played 3 games less than us.

So you have the Kings free falling and the Lakers passing them or will we stay at the 9/10 spot?
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:48 pm    Post subject:

Kings and Pels have a chance of dropping. I think Warriors have too much momentum to drop lower.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:57 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

So you have the Kings free falling and the Lakers passing them or will we stay at the 9/10 spot?

Out of that whole group we have the 2nd toughest schedule left. I see us staying where we are. I see the Kings sliding a bit and Warriors sneaking in specially if we beat the Kings in both games.

Also might come down to the 2 games each vs the Kings/Warriors.
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:12 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/BobbyMarks42/status/1763774610191847848

Lakers now 3 games behind 6th seed.

Here's hoping we can make a run against these heavyweights with this new lineup (finished February 9-3)
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:20 pm    Post subject:

Denny_Russo wrote:
Kings and Pels have a chance of dropping. I think Warriors have too much momentum to drop lower.

Spoke too soon. Kings just beat the Wolves.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:38 pm    Post subject:

Denny_Russo wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:

Spoke too soon. Kings just beat the Wolves.

Reality is gonna hit soon that we are staying in the play in spot, let’s just hope it’s not at the 10th or 9th spot
RashardA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:17 am    Post subject:

No idea how anyone who's old enough to have experienced either the Showtime era, the Three-Peat era or the Kobe/Pau era could possibly think this Lebron/AD era has been a success.

Now that I think about it, with how far Lakers standards have fallen, I can see why some would say this era has been a success.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:19 am    Post subject:

RashardA wrote:
No idea how anyone who's old enough to have experienced either the Showtime era, the Three-Peat era or the Kobe/Pau era could possibly think this Lebron/AD era has been a success.

Now that I think about it, with how far Lakers standards have fallen, I can see why some would say this era has been a success.

This is life in the Buss kids era. Probably the best of that era.
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:32 am    Post subject:

Seeing all these 5-9 seeds losing while we're losing sucks..
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:33 am    Post subject:

RashardA wrote:

Truth be told, Lakers are in no man's land for the foreseeable future. Not bad enough to tank, but not good enough to win the championship either. Their seeding at the moment essentially makes them the Atlanta Hawks of the West. If the play-ins didn't exist, we'd be talking about moving on from Bron right now, but hey, Silver and ESPN need their headlines and ratings.

The post-Kobe era was pretty bad, but at least they knew that tanking was the most viable option. It's what netted the Lakers AD and then the bubble ring. In contrast, the current situation demands that the Lakers will need a lot of luck and perhaps injuries from other teams to advance in the playoffs.

The Laker standard is considerably lower than what it used to be. Celebrating the IST trophy just reaffirmed everything I knew about this team. They are posers and pretenders who wouldn't be able to compete with the previous Laker teams. I remember how much Kobe hated celebrating conference championships. It meant absolutely nothing to him. Meanwhile, the current team is hanging their hat on being swept in the WCF last year.
petergr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:53 pm    Post subject:

Looking more and more likely that Lakers and Warriors will be in the 9-10 elimination game unless one of Mavs or Suns collapse or Lakers go on a winning streak in the easyish road schedule.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:24 pm    Post subject:

These Lakers are mental midgets... They have mostly lost every big game, every momentum grabbing game, every celebratory game such 40K points, Kobe statue, etc. By freak accident they have won some big games, only because Bron was sitting and there were no expectations to win. When everyone is suited up and healthy, and they are EXPECTED to win. They fold fabulously.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:25 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Nnamdi21 wrote:

defense wrote:

Reason it won't matter if Lebron leaves. You still have the same FO dealing with rosters, and a cheap owner who's trying to cut corners. It was their decision to bring a Lebron on the wrong side of his 30s. They knew the window was small. Can't expect to contend while you trying to save money at the same time.

Lebron singlehandedly attracted AD and helped bring them a very very precious championship. Before Lebron (and AD), could they even attract a superstar on the wrong side of 30? Be careful what you wish for. After Lebron and AD are gone, good luck trying to even attract superstars on the wrong side of 30.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:35 pm    Post subject:

We not making it..
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5
Jump to: