Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:51 pm    Post subject:

rock0100 wrote:
How the hell are we below .500!?!?!?

We have AD and Bron!! A caveman could get this right.

But not a HAMSTER!
crackadon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:52 pm    Post subject:

Once you accept your fate, you'll be better for it. Ham is not a championship coach and they aren't firing him. LeBron can trade half the team and it isn't going to change that. We're not sniffing another Larry O'Brien until this era ends. I've come to terms with it, but it seems like a lot of you still have hope that we'll miraculously turn it around when we know the coach is way over his head. It's BS, but it is what it is.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:53 pm    Post subject:

crackadon wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
crackadon wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
Did you see that?! Prince has an open lane to the basket THEN the refs gives him a ticky tack call to erase the easy layup... so so rigged.

Dude, we should be up by 20. This team is freaking pathetic. Quit blaming the refs. It's our fault for allowing it to even get to this point. Embarrassing as hell.

Dude, Who said they weren't playing bad? Try reading the actual posts: I'm talking about the refs, and will continue to. Get it?

You're the one getting super emotional saying we should fist fight the freaking Nets next time we play them. You're a grown man. Be better at controlling your emotions.

This is a perfect representation of our team, coaching staff and front office: simply not good enough.

Take the homer glasses off and realize what we aren't: CONTENDERS

I never said we were contenders...You be a grown man yourself, and control your emotions and not respond to my posts...who made you the sheriff of LG?
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:55 pm    Post subject:

crackadon wrote:
Once you accept your fate, you'll be better for it. Ham is not a championship coach and they aren't firing him. LeBron can trade half the team and it isn't going to change that. We're not sniffing another Larry O'Brien until this era ends. I've come to terms with it, but it seems like a lot of you still have hope that we'll miraculously turn it around when we know the coach is way over his head. It's BS, but it is what it is.

I just want to watch good basketball, if they can’t win the chip, so be it, but efforts like this are pathetic
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:55 pm    Post subject:

I’m sooo happy I didn’t go to this BS game.

Had a serious opportunity but my wife and I being lazy at home with the kids at my parents house was the best decision ever

F U Darvin

Good night LG
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:57 pm    Post subject:

If I were coach Ham, I would throw a mock fit in the locker room. This team seems to have too cool, too casual an attitude just like two seasons ago.

They seem to think all they need to do is reach the play-in tournament and then they'll turn it on and be dominant. You can't do that.
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:00 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
If I were coach Ham, I would throw a mock fit in the locker room. This team seems to have too cool, too casual an attitude just like two seasons ago.

They seem to think all they need to do is reach the play-in tournament and then they'll turn it on and be dominant. You can't do that.

Starts with our stars. Always have that too cool for school vibe around them.

Doesn't help Coach Ham is out there running Prince huge mins when he is playing like crap, and has no ability to counter opponent adjustments.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:03 pm    Post subject:

AD had zero help on the glass.

Bron played pretty bad defensively today. Hell his offense was also nothing close to his standards. He’s in year 21 and shouldn’t be playing heavy minutes at power forward tbh.

It felt like AD was the only Laker fighting for rebounds every damn possession.
Vando, Rui, and C Wood would help but they probably played 10 minutes total.

Last edited by KingKobe20 on Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:03 pm    Post subject:

The trend is AR and to an extent lebron struggle against elite wing defenders. Wolves and the nets are those types of teams
crackadon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:04 pm    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
crackadon wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
crackadon wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
Did you see that?! Prince has an open lane to the basket THEN the refs gives him a ticky tack call to erase the easy layup... so so rigged.

Dude, we should be up by 20. This team is freaking pathetic. Quit blaming the refs. It's our fault for allowing it to even get to this point. Embarrassing as hell.

Dude, Who said they weren't playing bad? Try reading the actual posts: I'm talking about the refs, and will continue to. Get it?

You're the one getting super emotional saying we should fist fight the freaking Nets next time we play them. You're a grown man. Be better at controlling your emotions.

This is a perfect representation of our team, coaching staff and front office: simply not good enough.

Take the homer glasses off and realize what we aren't: CONTENDERS

I never said we were contenders...You be a grown man yourself, and control your emotions and not respond to my posts...who made you the sheriff of LG?

I can respond to whoever I want, including you. And I'm not a sheriff, mod or anybody. Just talking hoops.

It's all all Purple and Gold at the end of the day. Take care of yourself, brother. I didn't mean any harm.

Last edited by crackadon on Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:05 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:

Bron played pretty bad defensively today. Hell his offense was also nothing close to his standards. He’s in year 21 and shouldn’t be playing heavy minutes at power forward tbh.

You want him to play small forwards and chase shooters instead?
Lebron has actually been amazing on defense this year, allowing the lowest Fg% of ALL NBA players
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:05 pm    Post subject:

Looked like AD was always battling Clayton, Finny Smith, Cam Thomas and Bridges every damn possession.

That’s on e Darvin for not matching their size and length!
crackadon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:07 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
crackadon wrote:

I just want to watch good basketball, if they can’t win the chip, so be it, but efforts like this are pathetic

Exactly! I totally agree with you. That's why I had to turn it off. If they don't care, why should we as fans? Nah, it's total BS and not worth our time, money, and energy.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:08 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

Lebron has actually been amazing on defense this year, allowing the lowest Fg% of ALL NBA players

Yes

Much less physically taxing to do that instead of fighting for position against power forwards and centers who are bigger and taller than him every damn possession

Hell your forgetting Lebron is basically playing point guard 80% of the time as well!

His defense and rebounding was trash tonight and he’d probably be the first to admit that. Don’t care about that social media one v one defensive stat. It doesn’t translate to Wins
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:10 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
Looked like AD was always battling Clayton, Finny Smith, Cam Thomas and Bridges every damn possession.

Huh? What size are you talking about? They literally play LW4 at PF after claxson.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:12 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

Yes

Much less physically taxing to do that instead of fighting for position against power forwards and centers who are bigger and taller than him every damn possession

Hell your forgetting Lebron is basically playing point guard 80% of the time as well!

His defense and rebounding was trash tonight and he’d probably be the first to admit that. Don’t care about that social media one v one defensive stat. It doesn’t translate to Wins

Cam Johnson is 6’8, DFS 6’7, I bet you they aren’t banging with lebron, even Zion couldn’t move Lebron. Chasing shooters tires him out quicker
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:13 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

Huh? What size are you talking about? They literally play LW4 at PF after claxson.

Bullshhhhhh

I seen at least 10 different plays in the second half where AD was fighting for rebounds against Clax, Finney Smith, and Cam johnson at the same damn time

Meanwhile AD’s most active help Vando and Cwood on the bench playing Rock Paper Scissors

Last edited by KingKobe20 on Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:14 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
Really pathetic loss, the Lakers were absolutely dominating early on.

and then they became disinterested
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:17 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

Yes

Cam Johnson is 6’8, DFS 6’7, I bet you they aren’t banging with lebron, even Zion couldn’t move Lebron. Chasing shooters tires him out quicker

Cam Johnson, DFs , and Mikal Bridges are half Lebron’s age. They actively get up for rebounds more frequently. It’s basically all they got over him is being more active.

Lebron has to play quarterback and fight a bunch of goons on the boards every play? That shhhh isn’t sustainable.

Darvin needs to let Lebron continue abusing small forwards on the perimeter mixing it up with the paint. Saving the banging on the boards majority of the time for AD, Vando, CWood, and Rui.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:19 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

Lonnie didn’t play the four bro lol

Jacque Vaughn’s small ball worked masterfully against Darvin’s clueless system but it isn’t that great to have Lonnie out their looking like a prime AC Green 💀💀💀💀💀
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:22 pm    Post subject:

Did you guys hear what DLO said in the post game? “We aren’t hitting the panic button, we’re still dealing with injuries and things like that”

Is he talking about AD’s tendinopathy injury that he got recently?
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:23 pm    Post subject:

^older players like to stay inside and use their strength rather than running around and chasing younger and faster players. Why? Because you move less. Also Lebron is our 2nd best rebounder. Rui is his back up and he can’t even stay with shooters, vando can stay with all the shooters but isn’t physical enough. Also when you chase shooters or play guys in the perimeter, you got banged even more because all the bigs are coming to set screens, sometimes multiple ones
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:25 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

Jacque Vaughn’s small ball worked masterfully against Darvin’s clueless system but it isn’t that great to have Lonnie out their looking like a prime AC Green 💀💀💀💀💀

Nets have one player over 6’8, claxton. Giles played 5 minutes. It isn’t the size that lost us this game. We can’t stay with shooters especially after double teams
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:27 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
^older players like to stay inside and use their strength rather than running around and chasing younger and faster players. Why? Because you move less. Also Lebron is our 2nd best rebounder. Rui is his back up and he can’t even stay with shooters, vando can stay with all the shooters but isn’t physical enough. Also when you chase shooters or play guys in the perimeter, you got banged even more because all the bigs are coming to set screens, sometimes multiple ones

It wouldn’t matter with Darvin’s hybrid zone 💀💀💀

Look I’m a bigger Lebron fan than you. Truth is he’s not actively fighting for rebounds every play. Rightfully so at his geriatric state.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:29 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

Nets have one player over 6’8, claxton. Giles played 5 minutes. It isn’t the size that lost us this game. We can’t stay with shooters especially after double teams

I agree we have the worst perimeter defense in the entire league.

Once again I’m still a bigger Lebron fan than you. He still doesn’t fight for every rebound like AD, DFS, Clax. Bridges, Vando, and Cam Johnson
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 15 of 16
Jump to: