*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Memphis Grizzlies (01/05/24) Gm#36 ***
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:34 am    Post subject: *** Los Angeles Lakers vs Memphis Grizzlies (01/05/24) Gm#36 ***

Los Angeles Lakers @ Memphis Grizzlies
Crypto Arena | Los Angeles, CA | Friday, Jan. 05, 2024 • 7:00pm PT

* TEAM ROSTERS(link)

* INJURY REPORT
(Link)
    Memphis Grizzlies

Los Angeles Lakers

* MEDIA
    ESPN, SpecSN, NBALP
    ESPNLA 710
        ******* LET'S GO LAKERS
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:37 am    Post subject:

WE MUST PROTECT HOME COURT!!
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:43 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:

Like yesterday? It’s cool to remain positive, supportive, hopeful…do it if you can.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:45 am    Post subject:

Excited for this one. both teams are fighting.
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:55 am    Post subject:

Reading about the disconnect in the locker room i dont think we win this lol.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:59 am    Post subject:

I hope we get stomped. If we have a healthy string of embarrassing losses, Ham wont make it to February
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:02 am    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
I hope we get stomped. If we have a healthy string of embarrassing losses, Ham wont make it to February

this is silly. we are way ahead of last year at this point. stay 500 and hope for a late season string.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:03 am    Post subject:

Let's Go Lakers
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:03 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Cutheon wrote:

this is silly. we are way ahead of last year at this point. stay 500 and hope for a late season string.

You’re silly, bug off.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:29 am    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Cutheon wrote:

You’re silly, bug off.

I always hope the Lakers win even in situations like now…dreaming unrealistically that someway it would be a turn-a-round…but I recognize a win against a struggling Grizz won’t help the Lakers as much as a loss would help.

It’s not silly, it’s just understanding that the Lakers are screwed until a realization that a major change has to be made and that it likely would be better if the necessary change is identified as changing the coach before making a trade.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:10 pm    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Cutheon wrote:

You’re silly, bug off.

I always hope the Lakers win even in situations like now…dreaming unrealistically that someway it would be a turn-a-round…but I recognize a win against a struggling Grizz won’t help the Lakers as much as a loss would help.

It’s not silly, it’s just understanding that the Lakers are screwed until a realization that a major change has to be made and that it likely would be better if the necessary change is identified as changing the coach before making a trade.

it is silly to want an L. People quickly point out how the W in the IST finals didn't matter in the W column. This does. We need as many as we can get. Games today mean the same as in march. We have been haunted late in the year by games we lost early.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:27 pm    Post subject:

Grizzles by 20
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:52 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Cutheon wrote:

You’re silly, bug off.

it is silly to want an L. People quickly point out how the W in the IST finals didn't matter in the W column. This does. We need as many as we can get. Games today mean the same as in march. We have been haunted late in the year by games we lost early.

It’s ok to disagree, I understand what you are saying and it makes sense. I believe…my belief doesn’t rely on whether you admit it or not I still believe it…that you understand what we are saying too. A win could help, thats hope that somehow the losing trend will end and the 1 game could make a difference in the standings later in the season. The opposing stance is that the 1 win won’t make a difference and that the only thing that will is the realization that a change has to be made…the sooner the better…and that a loss would be therefore more be beneficial to expose the necessity to make a change. Whether we agree or disagree with either, it could make sense if we wanted it to.

I believe we characterize disagreements as silliness when we are so into our position that the only way we can accept that someone can disagree is that it has to be silly because we think our opinion is the only right opinion and someone has to be silly to disagree with us. Whatever it is it’s cool with me, do you.

Last edited by Hanging from Rafters on Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:59 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Cutheon wrote:

You’re silly, bug off.

It’s ok to disagree, I understand what you are saying and it makes sense. I believe…my belief doesn’t rely on whether you admit it or not I still believe it…that you understand what we are saying too. A win could help, thats hope that somehow the losing trend will end and the 1 game could make a difference in the standings later in the season. The opposing stance is that the 1 win won’t make a difference and that the only thing that will is the realization that a change has to be made…the sooner the better…and that a loss would be therefore more be beneficial to expose the necessity to make a change. Whether we agree or disagree with either, it could make sense if we wanted it to.

I believe we characterize disagreements as silliness when we are so into our position that the only way we can accept that someone can disagree is that it has to be silly because we think our opinion is the only right opinion and someone has to be silly to disagree with us. Whatever it is it’s cool with me, do you.

I get it. In the long run an L may actually be better. Unfortunately I think we would have to pile up a lot more L's to push the FO into a significant change. Thats a problem. Because making the road harder, in a much better west is not ideal. But I agree we disagree.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:02 pm    Post subject:

Getting 1 of DLO or Rui back for this game will help but it still doesn’t change the fact that the team lacks any cohesion or culture to become a formidable team, we aren’t a young team but we have a lot of egos and selfish dudes that is preventing this team from doing anything
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:14 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Cutheon wrote:

You’re silly, bug off.

I get it. In the long run an L may actually be better. Unfortunately I think we would have to pile up a lot more L's to push the FO into a significant change. Thats a problem. Because making the road harder, in a much better west is not ideal. But I agree we disagree.

It looks like to me that we’re gonna miss the play-in if Draymond comes back and miss it by more than 1 game…unless a change is made…so a win tonite against Memphis would turn out to be irrelevant. I know I could be wrong, losing to hope to win isn’t a good look, 👀 always root for a Laker win.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:03 pm    Post subject:

Lakers injury report for Friday vs. Memphis: Hachimura out; Russell doubtful

https://x.com/mcten/status/1743075097357975683?s=46&t=6-sxM4NpvzeWdNMn3aVCqg

AD - Probable

LBJ - Questionable

DLO - Doubtful

Out folks - Out

Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:08 pm    Post subject:

Time for an otherworldly shooting night to make up for the poor last game. These things even out, right? Right?!?!?
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:01 pm    Post subject:

If Lebron is still "sick", just rest him and let the players figure it out.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:17 pm    Post subject:

Grizzlies would look scarier with Steven Adams and Brandon Clarke

Ja Morant, Marcus Smart
Desmond Bane, Luke Kennard
Ziaire Williams
Jaren Jackson Jr
Bismack Biyombo, Santi Aldama

I wonder if there will be another change in the starting lineup to matchup with them better.

This one is important. Home game. Memphis could challenge us for the final play-in spot if they can muster a post trade deadline surge, like we had last season.

Last edited by JUST-MING on Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
bertrome
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:21 pm    Post subject:

Grizz should just play zone like Mia did yesterday & they'll win this one too.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:23 pm    Post subject:

I guess Ham's still our "headcoach". What the heck is Jeanie doing btw? Not even gonna watch this game to boycott.
Roger O. Thornhill
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:01 pm    Post subject:

blowout loss if the same lakers team from the miami game shows up.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:55 am    Post subject:

It's time for Bron, AD & AR go off tonight!
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:57 am    Post subject:

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 1 of 30
Jump to: