How is it possible to be this bad?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:37 pm    Post subject: How is it possible to be this bad?

With 2 of the best 10 to 15 players in the NBA in LeBron and AD? They have played most of the games also.
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:39 pm    Post subject:

Ham handicaps them by starting Reddish and Prince
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:42 pm    Post subject:

LeBron’s not top 10 anymore.

Jokic
Giannis
Doncic
Embiid
Haliburton
Booker
SGA
Durant
Tatum
Curry

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:43 pm    Post subject: Re: How is it possible to be this bad?

CamReddish wrote:
With 2 of the best 10 to 15 players in the NBA in LeBron and AD? They have played most of the games also.

Last few games we started Vando, Prince and cam.

No team is guarding those bums
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:46 pm    Post subject:

Do you watch baseball? Have you seen the angels? They've had two generational talents on one team and are perennial bottom feeders. Complementary parts and coaching mean a lot more than Steven A Smith or Skip bayless will acknowledge.

The big names get all the credit but it's the team composition and utilization of that team that makes the difference. In my opinion the Lakers are lacking competent lead guard play. We saw that today with how much they turned the ball over, and when they weren't turning it over they were getting BAD shots.

We got Gabe Vincent in the offseason and he hasn't played much for us at all. I can't say if he is a playmaker or not because I haven't seen paid any attention to him outside of the handful of games he has played with us. Our draft pick was a lead guard, and he has been injured basically the whole season, and is still a rookie regardless. We have Austin Reaves who is capable, but he has no backup without DLo, and might be more of a scoring guard than a distributor.

To me the team has composition problems that aren't able to deal with the injuries they've had. They don't have a head coach that is able to adjust on the fly and make the most of the players they have available. It seems like bad luck injurywise that has exposed the flaws in our team composition and our coaching staff.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:49 pm    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:
Do you watch baseball? Have you seen the angels? They've had two generational talents on one team and are perennial bottom feeders. Complementary parts and coaching mean a lot more than Steven A Smith or Skip bayless will acknowledge.

The big names get all the credit but it's the team composition and utilization of that team that makes the difference. In my opinion the Lakers are lacking competent lead guard play. We saw that today with how much they turned the ball over, and when they weren't turning it over they were getting BAD shots.

We got Gabe Vincent in the offseason and he hasn't played much for us at all. I can't say if he is a playmaker or not because I haven't seen paid any attention to him outside of the handful of games he has played with us. Our draft pick was a lead guard, and he has been injured basically the whole season, and is still a rookie regardless. We have Austin Reaves who is capable, but he has no backup without DLo, and might be more of a scoring guard than a distributor.

To me the team has composition problems that aren't able to deal with the injuries they've had. They don't have a head coach that is able to adjust on the fly and make the most of the players they have available. It seems like bad luck injurywise that has exposed the flaws in our team composition and our coaching staff.

We have basically the same players as the 2nd half if the season and we won a lot of the games Lebron and AD played. We also played a different offense last season
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:50 pm    Post subject:

All the answers you seek are in this thread

https://www.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=192668
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

CamReddish wrote:
Theseus wrote:

We have basically the same players as the 2nd half if the season and we won a lot of the games Lebron and AD played. We also played a different offense last season

Last seasons starting lineup has played total 1min together this year
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

CamReddish wrote:
Theseus wrote:

CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:54 pm    Post subject:

Bron2AD wrote:
CamReddish wrote:
Theseus wrote:

And Ham hasn't even talked about why he hasn't tried that lineup
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:59 pm    Post subject:

Bron2AD wrote:
CamReddish wrote:
Theseus wrote:

This, and we are missing Schroder who played a lot of PG minutes, and could create his own shot as well as play solid to good defense.

His replacement is Vincent who has played only 5 games, dennis schroder played more minutes in any of our playoff series' last year than Vincent has played all year. Sucks Vincent can't be healthy, but it is up to the coaching staff to figure out a way to use the guys who are healthy. Instead, we tied our franchise record for most turnovers in the first quarter because we couldn't figure out how to run any offense.

Injuries suck, but injuries to role players shouldn't derail your team, but they will if your coaching staff doesn't know how to adjust.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:08 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

Jokic
Giannis
Doncic
Embiid
Haliburton
Booker
SGA
Durant
Tatum
Curry

Where is Edwards and George?
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:11 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Jokic
Giannis
Doncic
Embiid
Haliburton
Booker
SGA
Durant
Tatum
Curry

Where is Edwards and George?

Come on, even this version of LeBron is better than JN.1 variant P.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:23 pm    Post subject:

This is what happens when you got a clueless meathead running the team.

Sure this team has some flaws, but no team in the league is perfect right now.

It is wide open.

Our roster is just as good as the best teams.

If Spo or Nurse were coaching, and Lebron actually listen.

We would be heavily favored to win it all.

Lebron carried us to the IST champ.

He can’t do it for whole season, he knows that he will burn out.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:37 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

Jokic
Giannis
Doncic
Embiid
Haliburton
Booker
SGA
Durant
Tatum
Curry

Eye of the beholder. Some people think Lebron and AD are in the top 10, some people don't.

As far as I can make out there seems to be more a less a consensus on 8 guys (everyone on your list except Booker and Haliburton). Then opinions divide widely after the 8.

I don't think it matters that much if you consider them top 10 or top 12 or wherever you draw the line.

There is nothing inherently significant about drawing a line at 10 guys rather than 8 or 9 or 11 or 12. People just like nice round numbers.
Day
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:39 pm    Post subject:

It's baffling anyone thinks AD isn't top 10 and Curry has had more bad games than LeBron this year so not sure why anyone would have him higher ranked either.
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:43 pm    Post subject:

Haliburton and Booker are not in the top 10. AD is.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:50 pm    Post subject:

They play every other day the rest of the month and finish Jan off with a B2B. Things will get worse 😂

Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:54 pm    Post subject:

Dominator wrote:
Haliburton and Booker are not in the top 10. AD is.

AD is top 5 this season.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:22 pm    Post subject:

Ham has got to go, simple as that.
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:35 pm    Post subject:

It starts at the top with Jeanie. She runs the organization like a mom and pop shop, hiring people via friendships and referrals. Hiring people like the Rambii, Pelinka, Magic, etc…

Contrast how she runs this organization with how the Dodgers ownership runs theirs. The difference is night and day. Excellent drafting, top notch farm system, playoff appearances 11 straight years, a World Series championship, and just spent over a billion in the offseason in 2 elite players. Not to mention, that decade of success+Ohtani signing is going to draw in a lot of ring chasers who will want to play with the Dodgers at a cheap price.

Or even a guy like Ballmer. Guy has unlimited money, is super enthusiastic about his team, is building his team their own arena, even goes on his own player’s podcasts, etc…

I wish she will sell the team to a competent ownership group who knows what they’re doing and has money to spend. We could have had Lue but because she is cheap, we got Darvin Scam instead.

The future isn’t looking bright with her as owner in the present or post-Lebron years. I also don’t think free agents in the future will sign with the team because ‘it’s the Lakers’ anymore. That allure is long gone.
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:47 pm    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:
It starts at the top with Jeanie. She runs the organization like a mom and pop shop, hiring people via friendships and referrals. Hiring people like the Rambii, Pelinka, Magic, etc…

Contrast how she runs this organization with how the Dodgers ownership runs theirs. The difference is night and day. Excellent drafting, top notch farm system, playoff appearances 11 straight years, a World Series championship, and just spent over a billion in the offseason in 2 elite players. Not to mention, that decade of success+Ohtani signing is going to draw in a lot of ring chasers who will want to play with the Dodgers at a cheap price.

Or even a guy like Ballmer. Guy has unlimited money, is super enthusiastic about his team, is building his team their own arena, even goes on his own player’s podcasts, etc…

I wish she will sell the team to a competent ownership group who knows what they’re doing and has money to spend. We could have had Lue but because she is cheap, we got Darvin Scam instead.

The future isn’t looking bright with her as owner in the present or post-Lebron years. I also don’t think free agents in the future will sign with the team because ‘it’s the Lakers’ anymore. That allure is long gone.

THIS.
Laker_Jocker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:47 pm    Post subject:

Ham lacks anything special for offense or defense. Seems to under/over react.
    The main star (LBJ) is 39 and takes up a large portion of cap - a formula for mediocrity
    Schroder for Vincent (and the injury) has hurt more than is realized in terms of helping LBJ and AD be effective.
    Investing in both Vando (D) and Rui (O) was wasted resources/redundant to some degree.
    DLOs particular game/talent is worthless if LBJ still thinks he should be the PG
    Team still has no identity/philosophy - are they slow, big and paint oriented or fast swarming D and break oriented?

There’s probably more but the above is a recipe for a mediocre to poor team
gtdRR
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:08 am    Post subject:

Yes, coaching needs to be much better but Ham ain't going anywhere so I wish people would be realistic and get over that already. It's like the people asking for a rebuild, where we offload LBJ or AD, not happening, get over it.

How about we just start by playing with energy and effort most nights, not even asking for every night because right now most nights we don't. And it starts with LeBron, I don't want to hear that he's 39. If he wants to be a part time superstar, we're f'd, plain and simple.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:20 am    Post subject:

How is possible for the team to be worse with LeBron on the floor than with LeBron off the floor since the IST?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: