Turns out Pelinka's offseason was a bust (so far)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:29 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
When everybody in the media was giving us an A+ this offseason.

I stated this was the rare time the media was more bullish on a Lakers roster than myself.

My primary concern. 3pt shooting.

Exactly the same concern I had. And unfortunately it is a valid concern.
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:10 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Day wrote:
MJST wrote:
The biggest problem is Ham.

You could take any other coach in the NBA and you probably wouldn't find any that thinks starting Reddish/Vando/Prince in the starting lineup with AD and LBJ is a good idea. ESPECIALLY when you have DLO, Reaves on the roster.

This is something exclusive to Ham with his stupidity when it comes to his rotation. He sees lineups fit, he sees them work, he then does the opposite because it's what "he" wants to do. Rather than going with what works he tries to play that lineup as little as possible. He'll change roles mid season despite them working and try to re-arrange the playstyle of the team to one they won't excel at.

Ham is the problem. There's several other great young coaches in the league that wouldn't do the crap he's doing and would actually kill to have a team as talented as the Lakers are.

I'd take Kenny Atkinson on this team over Ham and would be willing to bet he'd be able to do more with the talent of the roster. At this point Ham is nearly pushing me to want D'Antoni back.

D'Antoni would have us looking like a top offense with DLo looking like an all star.

I would still rather have Rondo though, if we're gonna have a young coach and Rondo wants a career in coaching I would gamble on that.

If we get rid of Ham I don't want any "first time" coaches. Maybe as assistants, but not as head coaches. I want coaches that would actually look at the lineup Ham trots out there 'experimenting' and say "What kind of idiot would do that?". Rondo as an assistant? Sure fine. But as a head coach? No I don't want any players/turned coaches that haven't even cut their teeth in the field coaching this team. Ham even cut his teeth in that field on the assistants side and is still terrible as he is. No, I don't want a Steve Nash/nets situation.

I want someone with actual head coaching experience that has proven to be competent. Atkinson and D'Antoni are the ones I'd look at hopefully when Ham is fired before any roster moves are thought about being made.

Rondo as an assistant I'd be fine with, but not as a head coach. I don't want that kind of inexperience coaching the team as the head.

Love Kenny Atkinson. DLo credited him with adding structure to his game. If we hired him and not Luke, I bet you so much Mitch and Jimmy would still be here.
Itsowheeze
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:22 pm    Post subject:

Denny_Russo wrote:
MJST wrote:
Day wrote:
MJST wrote:
The biggest problem is Ham.

You could take any other coach in the NBA and you probably wouldn't find any that thinks starting Reddish/Vando/Prince in the starting lineup with AD and LBJ is a good idea. ESPECIALLY when you have DLO, Reaves on the roster.

This is something exclusive to Ham with his stupidity when it comes to his rotation. He sees lineups fit, he sees them work, he then does the opposite because it's what "he" wants to do. Rather than going with what works he tries to play that lineup as little as possible. He'll change roles mid season despite them working and try to re-arrange the playstyle of the team to one they won't excel at.

Ham is the problem. There's several other great young coaches in the league that wouldn't do the crap he's doing and would actually kill to have a team as talented as the Lakers are.

I'd take Kenny Atkinson on this team over Ham and would be willing to bet he'd be able to do more with the talent of the roster. At this point Ham is nearly pushing me to want D'Antoni back.

D'Antoni would have us looking like a top offense with DLo looking like an all star.

I would still rather have Rondo though, if we're gonna have a young coach and Rondo wants a career in coaching I would gamble on that.

If we get rid of Ham I don't want any "first time" coaches. Maybe as assistants, but not as head coaches. I want coaches that would actually look at the lineup Ham trots out there 'experimenting' and say "What kind of idiot would do that?". Rondo as an assistant? Sure fine. But as a head coach? No I don't want any players/turned coaches that haven't even cut their teeth in the field coaching this team. Ham even cut his teeth in that field on the assistants side and is still terrible as he is. No, I don't want a Steve Nash/nets situation.

I want someone with actual head coaching experience that has proven to be competent. Atkinson and D'Antoni are the ones I'd look at hopefully when Ham is fired before any roster moves are thought about being made.

Rondo as an assistant I'd be fine with, but not as a head coach. I don't want that kind of inexperience coaching the team as the head.

Love Kenny Atkinson. DLo credited him with adding structure to his game. If we hired him and not Luke, I bet you so much Mitch and Jimmy would still be here.
I could see that. He seems like the type of coach who will structure a system who will allow DLO to play within his limitations and maximize his strengths.
Day
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:59 pm    Post subject:

You can get the best ingredients but if your chef is clueless the meal is still gonna be awful.
logical24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:06 pm    Post subject:

Don't we have to trade DLO this season because of his contract next season? Cant he just decline and walk away and we lose him for nothing?
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:07 pm    Post subject:

logical24 wrote:
Don't we have to trade DLO this season because of his contract next season? Cant he just decline and walk away and we lose him for nothing?

If he’s so bad that he’s untradeable, he opting in
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: