PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:08 pm    Post subject:

If wood got minutes we would have won.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:08 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
So glad we got rid of Randle...He plays hard every time he plays us but never played with that hunger when he was here...He's still mad we traded him.

Hartenstein constantly beating us to the rebounds was more frustrating to watch.

He grabbed AD constantly to get those rebounds and never got whistled for it, IMO.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:09 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
So glad we got rid of Randle...He plays hard every time he plays us but never played with that hunger when he was here...He's still mad we traded him.

Hartenstein constantly beating us to the rebounds was more frustrating to watch.

I think Hayes hurt himself(he was in street clothes in the second half), and ham won’t play Wood, so we are left with the small lineups
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

Japago wrote:
The Knicks are a mid basketball team themselves. If you're a title contender, these are the type of teams you should still be able to beat with one of your stars having an off game.

LeBron didn't have it today, and the Lakers just couldn't cope. You just haven't seen it a lot this season since LeBron and AD have almost always played and played well.

The Lakers NEED someone else to lessen the scoring load on LeBron and AD, enable the Lakers to up put crazy numbers in shootouts, and have another go-to guy in the clutch.

Tired of the excuses from certain fans here. They were pretty healthy today and they were still mid.

At their best, the Lakers will be better than this. But real title contenders like the Celtics, Bucks, Nuggets, and Clippers are a different breed.

Calling this team a Title contender is laughable, there on court performance doesn’t give you any confidence that this team can make a run this year, hate to break it to you but there at the same level with the Pelicans/Knicks/Suns/Cavs

Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Treble Clef wrote:
levon wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
levon wrote:
That's an absolutely ridiculous call

AD had position in front to try to hack his arms or knock the ball away but he let him go by and grabbed him from behind

That's the NBA up its own ass. Here's the definition:

Quote:
A clear path foul is now defined as a personal foul against any offensive player during his team’s transition scoring opportunity in the following circumstances: the ball is ahead of the tip of the circle in the backcourt; no defender is ahead of the offensive player with the transition scoring opportunity; the player with the transition scoring opportunity is in control of the ball (or a pass has been thrown to him); and if the foul deprives his team of an opportunity to score.

AD was the defender that was ahead of Hart. They applied some anal textualist reading of this rule which is totally against the spirit. You and I both know what a clear path foul looks like and that wasn't it.

When the foul was committed, I thought AD was behind Hart though. I think he did it that way to avoid a collision but it changed their positions to each other.

Yeah I agree, which is why the refs ruled what they did. But again, that's a ridiculous call to make given the circumstances of the defensive player being clearly ahead when Hart makes his attack and the Lakers trying to foul on purpose. A clear path foul is basically to prevent a transition highlight dunk from a lazy trailing defensive player.

There are a lot of fouls that fit the criteria for take fouls and clear paths that they just rule common fouls in the moment.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:10 pm    Post subject:

Only thing that will make this right is blowing these Hobo's out at the Garden.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:10 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
Knicks 23 FT's
Lakers 13 FT's

Lakers 41 3pt shots. -6 pts in the paint.

Settle for bad deep shots instead of taking it to the basket usually ends up that way.

That’s kind of misleading since all they did in the last 2 minutes was shoot 3s because they had no choice.
I think the refs let Barret got away with way too many off arms and easy whistles
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:11 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
MJST wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:

I think Hayes hurt himself(he was in street clothes in the second half), and ham won’t play Wood, so we are left with the small lineups

Harten took advantage of it. As well as flopping and grabbing AD for no calls.
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:11 pm    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:

Good regular season performer but terrible in the playoffs. With Randle, it's all about tradeoffs. He can be a good 2 or 3 on championship team, but he still has the bull in a china shop tendencies that we lamented when he was here.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:13 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
MJST wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:

Yeah I thought I saw that 🤔
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:14 pm    Post subject:

Embarrassing (bleep) continues.

I have 0 confidence in this team making a deep run with AD/Lebron as the 1/2. The consistency just isn’t there whether it’s going to be missing games, not having energy for defense, etc.

This team isn’t a chip contender. Better make some tweaks before the deadline.

Too inconsistent and some really, really bad losses including tonight.

Edit: oh and the completely (bleep) shooting. Stop (bleep) playing players who have unacceptable shooting by NBA standards. This isn’t a (bleep) high school game. Even HS teams don’t shoot this bad.

Last edited by LakerSD on Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:15 pm    Post subject:

Tired of all these suppose to be untradeable role players not stepping up...

Lakers shooting 41 3s tonight? Prince launching them like his Curry.

DLO with his usual single digit scoring game. That's 4 times in the last 7 games.

Last edited by miggz23 on Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:16 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Embarrassing (bleep) continues.

I have 0 confidence in this team making a deep run with AD/Lebron as the 1/2. The consistency just isn’t there whether it’s going to be missing games, not having energy for defense, etc.

This team isn’t a chip contender. Better make some tweaks before the deadline.

Too inconsistent and some really, really bad losses including tonight.

Maybe bron will be fresh for the playoffs and dlo will switch gears. This wasnt as bad as sas loss though they count the same
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:17 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Japago wrote:
The Knicks are a mid basketball team themselves. If you're a title contender, these are the type of teams you should still be able to beat with one of your stars having an off game.

LeBron didn't have it today, and the Lakers just couldn't cope. You just haven't seen it a lot this season since LeBron and AD have almost always played and played well.

The Lakers NEED someone else to lessen the scoring load on LeBron and AD, enable the Lakers to up put crazy numbers in shootouts, and have another go-to guy in the clutch.

Tired of the excuses from certain fans here. They were pretty healthy today and they were still mid.

At their best, the Lakers will be better than this. But real title contenders like the Celtics, Bucks, Nuggets, and Clippers are a different breed.

Calling this team a Title contender is laughable, there on court performance doesn’t give you any confidence that this team can make a run this year, hate to break it to you but there at the same level with the Pelicans/Knicks/Kings/Cavs

On no, I'm 100% in agreement with you. I've been told by many users here that the Lakers are just fine as is. Break this news to them.

The reality is that the Lakers are in this situation because they're relying on role players to be consistent offensive pillars.
farzadkavari
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:19 pm    Post subject:

Curious to see how Gabe will shoot the 3
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:19 pm    Post subject:

Japago wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Japago wrote:

Calling this team a Title contender is laughable, there on court performance doesn’t give you any confidence that this team can make a run this year, hate to break it to you but there at the same level with the Pelicans/Knicks/Kings/Cavs

On no, I'm 100% in agreement with you. I've been told by many users here that the Lakers are just fine as is. Break this news to them.

The reality is that the Lakers are in this situation because they're relying on role players to be consistent offensive pillars.

Not just role players, but role players that have done nothing since being in the league.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:21 pm    Post subject:

Japago wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Japago wrote:

Btw putting the Lakers on the same level with the Kings is arrogant on my part they are closer to the Suns level ( minus Beal )
r0663664
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:25 pm    Post subject:

Lakers already won the 1st NBA cup so we won at least something this season. Reeves should be starting PG, not Russell. Hayes and Woods should be traded a good backup center who is play defense and rebound. Lakers will finish 6-7th, get into the play-in and get bounce with this coach and players.
bertrome
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:27 pm    Post subject:

Prince's home/road shooting splits are frustrating.

They'll be on a 6 game losing streak & fall below .500 after the Christmas Day game.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:30 pm    Post subject:

bertrome wrote:
Prince's home/road shooting splits are frustrating.

They'll be on a 6 game losing streak & fall below .500 after the Christmas Day game.

Yes, ham needs to play him more on the road….
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:33 pm    Post subject:

Well i cant say im surprised.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:38 pm    Post subject:

This post-game show is hilarious they keep saying "no excuses" and then proceed to rattle off a bunch of excuses lol
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:41 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
This post-game show is hilarious they keep saying "no excuses" and then proceed to rattle off a bunch of excuses lol

Did Ham use his “I’m proud of muh guys” line yet?
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:45 pm    Post subject:

DLO/TP/Cam
22 points combined with 8/32 shooting in 93 minutes.

Cam/TP
3/17 shooting from 3

That's not going to get it done. Specially from your starters.

Last edited by miggz23 on Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:47 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
TDRock wrote:

Did Ham use his “I’m proud of muh guys” line yet?

I think he phrased it differently this time but basically yeah lol
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 16 of 17
Jump to: