dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
ksmgf wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Why does Dante Exum sound familiar, did we almost draft him?

Well, he didn’t fall hard enough for us to draft him, we got randle

I thought he was out of the league. No way he is shooting like this for the rest of the season.

No way he gets as many wide open looks as we gave him tonight ever again.

Oh, he will get many more open looks for sure. I doubt he will ever go 7/9 again though

He didn't go 7-9 randomly. He had 15 feet of space. And after he went 4-5 the Lakers still left him open. That was some stubborn stupid BS

Do you leave Steph open if he was 0-10 from the 3 in a night? If not, stick to your game plan. Besides, THJ and Grant Williams were both making them, who do you leave open after double on Luka?

Yup, I understand your point. But to me that is where the stubbornness comes in. A guy is 4-5 and you cant say okay, this dude is hot as heck, lets adjust the gameplan and not leave him wide open. You stubbornly stick to the leave Exum open plan.

You could easily decide to guard Exum and then Curry burns you, sure. But there was no evidence that Curry was hot tonight.

There were 2-3 that was off lazy close outs by Rui and ar especially the one in the video above. Without those 2-3, we won the game regardless.
To me, Steph going 0-10 just means he has a much higher chance of hitting the next one, and exum being 4/5 means he has a much lower chance of hitting the next one. That’s today’s NBA analytics(ham even said it). Love it or hate it, they are going to do the same thing again

Wow, I call BS on those analytics. So the analytics say that a guy who is 0-10 is more likely to hit a shot than a guy who is 4-5?

Thats some stubborn BS that causes teams to lose games if Ive ever seen it.

It’s the player based. They have in game analytics on those too.

Stubbornness check... was leaving Exum wide open a good decision in the forth quarter or a bad decision?
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:22 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
ksmgf wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Why does Dante Exum sound familiar, did we almost draft him?

Well, he didn’t fall hard enough for us to draft him, we got randle

I thought he was out of the league. No way he is shooting like this for the rest of the season.

No way he gets as many wide open looks as we gave him tonight ever again.

Oh, he will get many more open looks for sure. I doubt he will ever go 7/9 again though

He didn't go 7-9 randomly. He had 15 feet of space. And after he went 4-5 the Lakers still left him open. That was some stubborn stupid BS

Do you leave Steph open if he was 0-10 from the 3 in a night? If not, stick to your game plan. Besides, THJ and Grant Williams were both making them, who do you leave open after double on Luka?

Yup, I understand your point. But to me that is where the stubbornness comes in. A guy is 4-5 and you cant say okay, this dude is hot as heck, lets adjust the gameplan and not leave him wide open. You stubbornly stick to the leave Exum open plan.

You could easily decide to guard Exum and then Curry burns you, sure. But there was no evidence that Curry was hot tonight.

There were 2-3 that was off lazy close outs by Rui and ar especially the one in the video above. Without those 2-3, we won the game regardless.
To me, Steph going 0-10 just means he has a much higher chance of hitting the next one, and exum being 4/5 means he has a much lower chance of hitting the next one. That’s today’s NBA analytics(ham even said it). Love it or hate it, they are going to do the same thing again

Wow, I call BS on those analytics. So the analytics say that a guy who is 0-10 is more likely to hit a shot than a guy who is 4-5?

Thats some stubborn BS that causes teams to lose games if Ive ever seen it.

It’s the player based. They have in game analytics on those too.

Stubbornness check... was leaving Exum wide open a good decision in the forth quarter or a bad decision?

Was leaving him open the good decision? No because he made all the open 3s. Are we going to keep doing it? Yes, because that’s how we game planned just like lebron said. Stick to your game plan. Now there is a difference between players not making an effort to close out vs double Luka and rotate to other shooters. I don’t like the 2-3 lazy close outs which was the difference in game.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:26 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:

Was leaving him open the good decision? No because he made all the open 3s. Are we going to keep doing it? Yes, because that’s how we game planned just like lebron said. Stick to your game plan. Now there is a difference between players not making an effort to close out vs double Luka and rotate to other shooters. I don’t like the 2-3 lazy close outs which was the difference in game.

This is why I dont trust a Darvin Ham coached team. He refuses to adjust. There is a reason he interviewed for 8 years and no team decided to give him a job.

Do the analytics include how open the player is or is it just raw shooting percentage? Darvin is not a sophiticated coach, he is a toucgh guy. In his opening press conference he was asked some tough questions and he responded by saying, I'm from Saginaw Michigan, I've been shot i the face.

He goes off extremely basic analytics and refuses to adjust, refuses to look at the circumstances. He is a loser.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:29 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

This is why I dont trust a Darvin Ham coached team. He refuses to adjust. There is a reason he interviewed for 8 years and no team decided to give him a job.

Do the analytics include how open the player is or is it just raw shooting percentage? Darvin is not a sophiticated coach, he is a toucgh guy. In his opening press conference he was asked some tough questions and he responded by saying, I'm from Saginaw Michigan, I've been shot i the face.

He goes off extremely basic analytics and refuses to adjust, refuses to look at the circumstances. He is a loser.

I am sure Ham didn’t tell Rui and AR to be so lazy on close outs, just look at that Luka pass, if Rui went to the shooter once Luka pickup the dribble instead of admiring the pass, exum probably don’t get that shot up.
Zillethai
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:31 pm    Post subject:

Clippers are the real deal guys. They arent the same team 2 weeks ago. They've turned a corner.

Just thought Id throw that out there. Carry on....
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:36 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
https://x.com/3cbperformance/status/1734776512300376237?s=46&t=VJNAyA603EB9oePT0uUvuw
Don’t take it from me, this is lebron

Oof! This is why I doubt they can win the title this year. They are stubborn to a fault and refuse to adjust. When a player has 15' of open space in front of them they shoot a much higher percentage. If you look at the raw percentage, you don't know how well they were guarded on each shot. If you are looking for someone to back you in a prison fight, Darvin is your man, but he will never be a championship head coach if he keeps being so stubborn.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:51 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
https://x.com/3cbperformance/status/1734776512300376237?s=46&t=VJNAyA603EB9oePT0uUvuw

Oof! This is why I doubt they can win the title this year. They are stubborn to a fault and refuse to adjust. When a player has 15' of open space in front of them they shoot a much higher percentage. If you look at the raw percentage, you don't know how well they were guarded on each shot. If you are looking for someone to back you in a prison fight, Darvin is your man, but he will never be a championship head coach if he keeps being so stubborn.

I think the NBA analytics goes much deeper than just the percentage. Ham consults with the in game guy all the time, I don’t love it, but we really shouldn’t bash him for letting exum shoot, and I am sure he didn’t want exum to shoot after making a cup of coffee, the close out effort could be/needs to be better for sure. There is a huge difference between laid back 3 with no pressure and a wide open 3 with fast close out.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:21 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Rasheed said it himself on the Gilbert Show, you do not adjust to the playoffs come. That was Larry told them in Detroit, you stick to the plan in practice and in games regardless of if you think it needs to change so your defense because a constant formula. You can then tweak it in a playoff matchup but you stick to one scheme and one way the whole time you play the regular season even if it gets you a loss

May sound crazy, but Sheed won a title and went to multiple nba finals with that philosophy and Ham won hsi title that way too .
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:29 am    Post subject:

My god, Vando might be the most valuable player after LBJ and AD.

That was one of the most infuriating games I've seen this season.

How the f*ck do you just let Hardaway and Exum beat you like this.

Put a f*cking body on Exum

I blame Ham for no adjustments

Rui played like sh*t

What a waste of two hours.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22
Page 22 of 22
Jump to: